Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,864 members, 7,813,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday (49016 Views)

Senate Blocks Move To Summon Lawan Daura, SSS Boss Over Raids On Judges / Buhari Dissolves AMCON, Appoints Ahmed Lawan Kuru as MD / The Inside Story Of How PDP Lawmakers From SS/SE Ganged Up Against Lawan-thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Charly68: 9:29am On Jun 10, 2015
PMB should be careful with these bunch of power hungry elements like Atiku. He is scheming for 2019 nomination already..in any case he can not rule because of his greed. God has blessed him what else is he looking for..he better learn from MKO's experience..Godliness with contentment is a great gain. What a man love most is what will kill him. Power is sweet but could be very dangerous. You can not please people like Atiku..he is not even happy with the selection of PMB in APC primary. I trust PMB he will use military strategy to demystify all of them. They may think he does not know their schemes now but like OBJ did,studied his internal opponents & destabilised them completely. The likes of Alamiesigha ,Ibori and co can not forget him in a jiffy . The line has just been drawn. You stoop to conquer is a military tactics .

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Jesusloveyou: 9:33am On Jun 10, 2015
dokyOloye:
hw do U know he is never going to rule Nigeria,are U God?
Remember d same thing was said about Buhari.
atiku can never be like buhari, or wil he use money to buy everybody?

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by papoose999(m): 9:37am On Jun 10, 2015
southsouthman:
We should not give credit to those who do not merit it. What role did they play in making Dogara and Saraki emerging victorious. Dogara won by just 182 to 174, while the 49 PDP senators and Bukola's supporters in APC that elected them leaders. Had the five governors contributed the margin in HoR would have been much wider.
ds one no knw politics in politics 2+2=4 buh u av 2 luk at d powers dt made it 4
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by lozanni(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2015
modath:
Even the Dead Ray charles can from the grave see through Atiku's ill concealed 2019 presidential ambition. Unfortunately it further re inforces OBJ's assertion that his ambition is far above National interest.

Atiku's joy will be shortlived cos once the dust settles, he will go back to his sidelines, he is NEVER GOING TO RULE NIGERIA.

Are you named 'God' ?
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by datalink: 9:51am On Jun 10, 2015
Saraki is a political bait for PDP which they will use to negotiate some other things since APC don't want him.

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Volksfuhrer(m): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2015
Themandator:

In their next convention, they will sweep out Tinubu loyalists from party position...

How are they going to do that?

Yesterday's heist was possible only because of PDP. And even with PDP's help, they won only on a very narrow margin.

In any case, it is still too early to make definitive pronouncements about Tinubu's influence on APC.

Perhaps, Jagaban was a little overbearing. But don't ever write Tinubu off.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Boss13: 10:05am On Jun 10, 2015
I am ashamed to read the comments on this forum. What is the future of our democracy if the youth have a wicked thought process. We must not subscribe to stupidity, immorality and corruption. I desperately wanted Saraki to become Senate President, but not with such a malicious process of the event that took place yesterday. It is a terrible thing to backstab the hand that fed you. APC's policies should be supreme and if the leaders do not support your ambition, such ambition should be buried rather than dance and dine with the enemy.

I have recommended and will recommend again, APC should expel both Sakari and Dogara. Let them go to back to the PDP.

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Ayietim(m): 10:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Don't stop whatever your doing now,
because it is not working out,
as far as it can solve a common problem,
it's usefulness would eventually catch on,
be patient, persevere and be consistent,
focus on improving what you are doing and everything will work out just find at the end.
http://ayietim.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by mbulela: 10:16am On Jun 10, 2015
Boss13:

This is not good for democracy. This is a shame to our democracy. Some people want to becloud our collective national interest with their own personal interest
What exactly is out national interest?
When did Tinubu's interest equate national interest?
These men are all after their personal fiefdom and private estates. Saraki nor Tinubu do not care for the masses.masses like you think. Just that once in a while their desires collide with public good.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Orunto: 10:17am On Jun 10, 2015
God used them too and Tinubu as He always uses satan to settle many things in His own way..
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by mbulela: 10:19am On Jun 10, 2015
Boss13:
I am ashamed to read the comments on this forum. What is the future of our democracy if the youth have a wicked thought process. We must not subscribe to stupidity, immorality and corruption. I desperately wanted Saraki to become Senate President, but not with such a malicious process of the event that took place yesterday. It is a terrible thing to backstab the hand that fed you. APC's policies should be supreme and if the leaders do not support your ambition, such ambition should be buried rather than dance and dine with the enemy.

I have recommended and will recommend again, APC should expel both Sakari and Dogara. Let them go to back to the PDP.
I see your point but does Tinubu have the number to enforce their expulsion? If he is not certain, he will just widen the divide in the party and quicken it's demise.

On the other hand, haters of Tinubu in apc can be laughing to the bank but truth is if this is allowed to stand, lawlessness and criminality will never depart from the house of the broom carriers.
Which ever way you look at this thing, the mess is enormous.
This is where the greed of Tinubu and Saraki had gotten us. I shudder at the fact that Saraki was greedy enough to sanction a deal that makes opposition minority members both deputy president and majority Senate leaders. How can a thief stoop so low?
Is there no honour among these thieves?
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Politicowizard(m): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2015
When I hear people say party consensus, I do not really understand. How can the decision of one man translate into party consensus? The era of candidate imposition has come to an end. And Tinubu should realise this and stop his jagabanism before his greed and unsatisfying personal ambition destroys the party further. Good lesson for him.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by pak: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2015
modath:
Even the Dead Ray charles can from the grave see through Atiku's ill concealed 2019 presidential ambition. Unfortunately it further re inforces OBJ's assertion that his ambition is far above National interest.

Atiku's joy will be shortlived cos once the dust settles, he will go back to his sidelines, he is NEVER GOING TO RULE NIGERIA.

CAVEAT;
I am not God & don't have any control over Atiku's destiny but he is incomparable to Buhari, if he could be president his money would have done it since.

He lacks the two basic "ingredients" for the present day Nigeria's presidency which are; Northern cult like following and Southern support... He enjoys NEITHER!!

He totally dollarised the APC's presidential primaries & only came a distant third to PMB who with all the "assistance" he got didn't spend a 1/4 of what he did..Kwakwanso will be a president before he ever does.

As they say on the streets, Your head is very correct !!

Though intelligent, atiku is not what you will call my any stretch, a good man
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Themandator: 10:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

How are they going to do that?

Yesterday's heist was possible only because of PDP. And even with PDP's help, they won only on a very narrow margin.

In any case, it is still too early to make definitive pronouncements about Tinubu's influence on APC.

Perhaps, Jagaban was a little overbearing. But don't ever write Tinubu off.

Wait until Buhari announces the names of his advisers and then forward his ministerial list to the Senate.
Are they no longer politicians? Who holds the lever of patronage, right now?

Tinubu would have been able to make himself a part of this level if he had had his way, yesterday... He can then use the leadership to either clear or stall clearance of list of ministers, ambassadors, boards and the rest.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 10, 2015
This is the tip of the iceberg of what we are going to be seeing in this true democracy.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by mbulela: 10:29am On Jun 10, 2015
Politicowizard:
When I hear people say party consensus, I do not really understand. How can the decision of one man translate into party consensus? The era of candidate imposition has come to an end. And Tinubu should realise this and stop his jagabanism before his greed and unsatisfying personal ambition destroys the party further. Good lesson for him.
Th e problem is that his greed has created a mess that it will take a miracle to clean-up.
I struggle to see his point in this fight. All the national assembly members are allvthieves and gluttons bar none. They make no difference to the polity. Why insist on choosing a first among equals that will make no difference? If he is interested in the public good as we often suspect, he should be expending more energy in shaping the federal cabinet as I am convinced that the man has an eye for executive talent unlike most Nigerian politicians. Those are the kind of choices that will affect the masses. Not who hits the gavel among 109 thieves.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by free13: 10:47am On Jun 10, 2015
Different stories everywhere.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Decryptor(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2015
new2020:
Yorubas will learn hard this time around.

[b]For wia? They will never learn.

When Buhari stopped the construction of the Metro Railway line in Lagos, did they learn? No! They still flirted with the North

When IBB made Awo drink Otapiapia, did they learn? No! They still flirted with the North

When MKO was sold like pure water to Abacha and he was thrown into prison...did they learn? No! They still flirted with the North

Now Northern Abokii Elites have given Tinubu Mortal Combat FATALITY...will they learn? NEVER!! They will still lick Northern Abokii nyash because they are slaves to the Northerners. There must be something in Abokii nyash that tastes like Ewedu cheesy cheesy

They joined forces with the North to vote GEJ out in order to jeer at the Igbos not knowing that the North used Tinubu and the SW to fulfill their Power Dream which is backed up by the usual "Born to Rule" Mentality and have dumped them like pad used after Menses! grin grin

From locking Osubande out of a security meeting to this now! They never see anything yet...more is yet to come! grin grin grin

Ngba ta'n so, won ni enu wan'n run
Awon omo ale Yoruba, alainironu ara Galatia.
E ti te tan? Oju yi'n o wa ja bi. ?
Awon were jati-jati-
Awon oloriburuku akoshi bero akotile ta
Awon oponu aye roda
-
-
Shebi iwo s'ope event planner ni Tinubu? Sho'tan?

Fool.ish set of people![/b]

2 Likes

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Nobody: 11:23am On Jun 10, 2015
Waspy:
You know little next to nothing.

Mr Waspy,if you disagree with someone...it would be better to do so in more polite language.

Thank you.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by apolonius(m): 11:44am On Jun 10, 2015
None of those creatures in a match for Tinubu anyday.It is clear their agenda is their 2019 ambition,but if all of them could only rely on the PDP votes and 7 APC votes to stage a coup in the senate and to defeat Gbaja by 8 votes,then Tinubu has proven his grip on national and APC politics.

When they ganged up against Buhari's ambition and fought to destroy him to achieve theirs,who delivered the APC presidential ticket to him through the South West political machinery?Tinubu!

Yes,Buhari alone always had more votes from the North than what these reluctant supporters all claim they ensured he got in the last election,yet like his 3 attempts,the last would have been a failure without the Tinubu South West supporting him.

I am from the 'North',but I defer to Tinubu and his group as the most influential leader in Nigerian politics today.

Atiku is such a empty man who should be proud of nothing,because Tinubu suggested a former commissioner to occupy the position he fought for over 2 decades to occupy!smiley

1 Like

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Obaiyski(m): 12:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Obijulius:
Aptly describes the VP.

Permit me to reuse. grin grin grin grin grin grin

permitted grin
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by Osyfellaini(f): 12:49pm On Jun 10, 2015
Democracy at work.
Political parties are created to serve the masses interest and not individual or group interests.
That is what I believe politics is all about.
I don't believe either Atiku Abubakar or the G-5 governors stopped Tinubu's anointed candidates Senator Lawan and Honourable Femi, It was the will of GOD ALMIGHTY that took place and I will advice all parties to respect that for the greater good of Nigeria and Nigerians.
#Godwin
#ChangeIsHere
#ANigeriaforAll.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by IYANGBALI: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
the battle for the 2019 elections has began. grin
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by IYANGBALI: 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
Decryptor:

When Buhari stopped the construction of the Metro Railway line in Lagos, did they learn? No! They still flirted with the North

When IBB made Awo drink Otapiapia, did they learn? No! They still flirted with the North

When MKO was sold like pure water to Abacha and he was thrown into prison...did they learn? No! They still flirted with the North

Now Northern Abokii Elites have given Tinubu Mortal Combat FATALITY...will they learn? NEVER!! They will still lick Northern Abokii nyash because they are slaves to the Northerners. There must be something in Abokii nyash that tastes like Ewedu cheesy cheesy

They joined forces with the North to vote GEJ out in order to jeer at the Igbos not knowing that the North used Tinubu and the SW to fulfill their Power Dream which is backed up by the usual "Born to Rule" Mentality and have dumped them like pad used after Menses! grin grin

From locking Osubande out of a security meeting to this now! They never see anything yet...more is yet to come! grin grin grin

Awon were jati-jati-
Awon oponu aye roda
-
-

you are just an empty barrel with lots of noise
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by cashkid: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Decryptor:

Can anybody be more foolish than ur father and ur slowpoke mother just for the single reason that they both foolishly gave birth to you, now u are here displaying ur stupidity n foolishness on public forum.

Awon were jati-jati-
Awon oponu aye roda
-
-

Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by poiZon: 7:56pm On Jun 10, 2015
emmykk:
how can you guys claimed he used and dump PDP.

When you want to know if PDP is relevant or not present buhari in 2019.and PDP will present atiku or kwakwaso of kano.what PDP has done od to fortified their interest.

Was saraki not PDP before last minuet decamp

it was a sarcastic write up.
am pdp man!
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by esere826: 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
modath:

CAVEAT;
I am not God & don't have any control over Atiku's destiny but he is incomparable to Buhari, if he could be president his money would have done it since.

He lacks the two basic "ingredients" for the present day Nigeria's presidency which are; Northern cult like following and Southern support ... He enjoys NEITHER!!

He totally dollarised the APC's presidential primaries & only came a distant third to PMB who with all the "assistance" he got didn't spend a 1/4 of what he did.. Kwakwanso will be a president before he ever does .

if you're a southerner writing the bolded part,
..then i can confidently say that you have a strong inferiority complex which some 'TANoids' describe as slave mentality

All your permutations point to a situation where Nigeria will be perpetually governed only by core northerners
with the help of southern collaborators

you spare no thought that a southerner even from your own stock is capable and worthy of being president

I'm not disparaging the other parts of your analysis, just the bolded part
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by modath(f): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
esere826:

if you're a southerner writing the bolded part,
..then i can confidently say that you have a strong inferiority complex which some 'TANoids' describe as slave mentality

All your permutations point to a situation where Nigeria will be perpetually governed only by core northerners
with the help of southern collaborators

you spare no thought that a southerner even from your own stock is capable and worthy of being president

I'm not disparaging the other parts of your analysis, just the bolded part

I am a southerner with a strong sense of tribal pride, and champion our cause at every opportunity, right or wrong....fortunately or unfortunately i am a REALIST who understands both written and unwritten codes...

Through PDP's crazy zoning agreement, for the sake of peace, unity &stability, the north is being "owed" Yar'adua's missing years that the south "stole" for the shoeless wonder,.

Should it be so? Hell no but that is where we are & we have to make lemonade from our unusual political lemons...

My surmation is based purely on Baba deciding to stay away from 2019 as its been touted in some quarters, the 2nd sellable person at the moment of northern stock is Kwakwanso as the result of the primaries highlighted.

I hope you get my point.
Re: How G-5 Govs, Atiku Stopped Lawan-thisday by esere826: 10:25pm On Jun 10, 2015
modath:

I am a southerner with a strong sense of tribal pride, and champion our cause at every opportunity, right or wrong....fortunately or unfortunately i am a REALIST who understands both written and unwritten codes...

Through PDP's crazy zoning agreement, for the sake of peace, unity &stability, the north is being "owed" Yar'adua's missing years that the south "stole" for the shoeless wonder,.
Should it be so? Hell no but that is where we are & we have to make lemonade from our unusual political lemons...
My surmation is based purely on Baba deciding to stay away from 2019 as its been touted in some quarters, the 2nd sellable person at the moment of northern stock is Kwakwanso as the result of the primaries highlighted.

I hope you get my point.

No, no Modath

we can't continue being 'realists'
..granted that Buhari is a great choice
apart from him,
we can't bend realism towards the North alone

this is what is called self fulfilling prophesy
it is 'reality' only because you believe in it and act on it

Ever heard of 'game theory' and 'prisoners dilemma'?

The only reason the core north wins and might continue to always win as a REALITY is simply because the south is in a state of "prisoners dilemma"

This is the mistake Awo and Zik made, each trying to outwit the other
this is the mistake you guys and the East might also make moving forward
Its not REALITY, its sucking up

In TRUISM, if Southern Nigeria present a common front politically
the Middlebelt will align with them

What gain does one have playing second fiddle?
I can't look at my mate in the eye and call him master ...never
except I am desperately hungry
we're either equals or he should be the one calling me master

...well I guess our cultures do influence us

and yes I get your point, but thank God I am in a position not to mentally accede to it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Threatens To Kill Thisday Journalist (read Their Letter) / Aishat Alubankudi Called A "Sex Worker" Over Her Throwback Photo / Willie Obiano Shares A Video Of Himself Enjoying His Stay Abroad (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.