Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC (1071 Views)

Secession Agitators Will Be Punished – Osinbajo / FG $29.96bn Loan: Saraki Must Not Join FG To Ruin Nigeria Ekiti State Governor / Assets Declaration: Saraki Must Resign – TUC Insists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 10, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) of Lagos state has called on the national leadership to punish the Senate president, Bukola Saraki, and the speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, Today informs.

In a statement the party said that it was a sad development that Saraki could jump into bed with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in his desperation for power.
The Lagos APC publicity secretary Joe Igbokwe described the re-election of Senator Ike Ekweremadu as the Deputy Senate President as an embarrassment to the APC.

The statement says: “The purported election of Senator Saraki and Dogara as the Senate President and Speaker respectively, is a clear transgression of both the tenets of democracy and party politics. At this early stage, the APC must come down strongly to meet out sanctions and punishments against treacherous members that perpetrated this ugly charade at this early stage of the party’s life and history. As a party and given the circumstances of our present politics, the APC stands no risk of being eroded by this treachery. Rather, we see the clear road to enforce discipline in the treacherous conduct of some members of the National Assembly.”

The Lagos chapter of the APC also noted: “We see the need for the party to wield the big stick now to send a message home that treachery will not profit those who might want to cash in on similar circumstances to spite the party and cash personal benefits in the long run. It is certain that these betrayers are not members of the APC and we feel the party must weigh in now and discipline these betrayers.”

http://www.naij.com/457071-senate-president-bukola-saraki-must-be-punished-apc.html
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by lekkie073(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2015
tinubu is vexing

PDP's grand plan to play 'the opposition' ........

*watching in 4D
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by Firefire(m): 8:32am On Jun 10, 2015
I dey laugh at their stupid cheesy grin
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu should live this man alone...
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by aare07(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Congratulation to Senator Bukola Saraki Akowonlogbo 1 and Rt. Hon Yakubu Dogara Ilufemiloye 2
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by Monimatic(m): 8:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Thief-nubu go to hell
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by aare07(m): 8:36am On Jun 10, 2015
Political gravitational forces has subdued Tinubu.
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by jamael(m): 8:39am On Jun 10, 2015
if I hear

Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by vislabraye(m): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2015
Dem go flog am ?
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by phlemzy: 8:40am On Jun 10, 2015
APC should let go. Any form of punishment will only get things messier. The deed has been!

1 Like

Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by roqchiq(f): 8:40am On Jun 10, 2015
I don't understand all the noise APC is making over Senate Presidency. I thought the Legislative is supposed to check the activities of the Executive. This should be the change preached by the party. The way I see it, we now have a Legislative not tied to any one party.
Lai Mohammed is talking about the development not going to support the party's agenda, How?? Is it the APC's agenda or Nigerian Agenda that is at stake
Is it a National Assembly or a Party Assembly
Frankly, both PDP and APC should park well, nobody should own the Assembly, it is a National Assembly.

Now we have a National Assembly, they should focus on Nigerian Agenda and not on PDP or APC agenda.....fullstop!!!
The C in C, has pledged to work with the leaders, that is enough.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by buharisambisada: 8:41am On Jun 10, 2015
WHat goes around comes around na secondary school when then wan punish am?Buhari could jump into bed with Tinubu ACN.in his desperation for power.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by jorlons(m): 8:59am On Jun 10, 2015
roqchiq:
I don't understand all the noise APC is making over Senate Presidency. I thought the Legislative is supposed to check the activities of the Executive. This should be the change preached by the party. The way I see it, we now have a Legislative not tied to any one party.
Lai Mohammed is talking about the development not going to support the party's agenda, How?? Is it the APC's agenda or Nigerian Agenda that is at stake
Frankly, both PDP and APC should park well, nobody should own the Assembly, it is a National Assembly.

Now we have a National Assembly, they should focus on Nigerian Agenda and not on PDP or APC agenda.....fullstop!!!
An active influence of PDP in the leadership of the NASS will be viewed as a tactic to slow down the executive, if the NASS opposes PMB, then there will be little achievements by the APC govt, which ultimately gives PDP the upper hand in 2019.

For PMB to perform there has to be a level of co-operation between the NASS and himself.
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by dealslip(f): 9:05am On Jun 10, 2015
Tinubu raped and betrayed the Afenifere Group in his quest for power, now that he has been paid in his own coin, he kan dey convulse. Nigeria is for nobody and for everyone. I hope with this few points of mine, I have been able to convince you that Tinubu is a nobody. Thank you
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by roqchiq(f): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2015
jorlons:

An active influence of PDP in the leadership of the NASS will be viewed as a tactic to slow down the executive, if the NASS opposes PMB, then there will be little achievements by the APC govt, which ultimately gives PDP the upper hand in 2019.

For PMB to perform there has to be a level of co-operation between the NASS and himself.

Active influence?? Constructive influence hopefully.
How much of an opposition can be had?? About 47 right?.
The APC is still has the Senate Presidency abi?
How wonderful is the APC agenda bydway??
Nigerians have bemoaned the past romance between the Executive and Legislative, fruitless romance over the years. I believe a new method should be applied, lets see how this would work out. You can't keep trying the same old method and expect new results, isn't that why PDP was voted out in the first place??

Oh and don't forget what happened when Tambuwal defected, APC claimed that it wouldn't affect the ongoings, so why should it affect now??

PDP should stop gloating also, they aren't any better, worse even, if they want this only as payback.

The only place I would have a problem with all this, is if the Senate President and His Deputy decide to be in the same party. Because personally I believe this arrangement will work, IF the NASS sets aside party interests and promotes National interests, each side should check the others excesses, while supporting each others reasonable suggestions, all for the good of Nigeria, and Nigeria alone.

It is high time they became a National Assembly, and not a Party Assembly.
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by dotfam2104(m): 9:34am On Jun 10, 2015
roqchiq:

......You are nt totally wrong buh the party needs a house that will push the agenda/manifesto of their party. Buh we av a situation whereby d leadership of d house wz installed by the opposition. PMB needs a legislative backing dah will be in sync with hz agenda.
Re: Senate President Bukola Saraki Must Be Punished – APC by jorlons(m): 9:43am On Jun 10, 2015
roqchiq:

Active influence?? Constructive influence hopefully.
How much of an opposition can be had?? About 47 right?.
The APC is still has the Senate Presidency abi?
How wonderful is the APC agenda bydway??
Nigerians have bemoaned the past romance between the Executive and Legislative, fruitless romance over the years. I believe a new method should be applied, lets see how this would work out. You can't keep trying the same old method and expect new results, isn't that why PDP was voted out in the first place??

Oh and don't forget what happened when Tambuwal defected, APC claimed that it wouldn't affect the ongoings, so why should it affect now??

PDP should stop gloating also, they aren't any better, worse even, if they want this only as payback.

The only place I would have a problem with all this, is if the Senate President and His Deputy decide to be in the same party. Because personally I believe this arrangement will work, IF the NASS sets aside party interests and promotes National interests, each side should check the others excesses, while supporting each others reasonable suggestions, all for the good of Nigeria, and Nigeria alone.

It is high time they became a National Assembly, and not a Party Assembly.

Well, I sure hope it will be constructive as you rightly said. Although, David Mark's remarks in the last retreat PDP held in Port-Harcourt didn't show they're in for "constructive influence/opposition " as you may be thinking.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Governor Akinwunmi Ambode / Tinubu Faults Buhari / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Finally Vindicated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.