Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,690 members, 7,844,276 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Wasila The kano Child Bride Accused Of Killing Her Husband Is Free. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wasila The kano Child Bride Accused Of Killing Her Husband Is Free. (535 Views)

‘my Husband Is Gay, He Masturbates In My Presence’ – Former Minister’s Daughter / Graphic Photo Of The Kano State Female Sucide Bomber. (viewer's Discretion) / Court Drops Murder Charges Against The 15yr-old Child-bride Who Killed Her Hubby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wasila The kano Child Bride Accused Of Killing Her Husband Is Free. by talentarena(m): 9:28am On Jun 10, 2015
A  Kano High Court sitting in Gezawa on Tuedsay  set free Wasila Tasiu, 14, accused of killing her husband

and three others in April last year. In a landmark judgment, according to THISDAY,  Justice Mohammed Yahaya ruled that the court had no option than to comply with the application that originated from the Office of the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice that sought to terminate the case. “I have no alternative than to pronounce according to the law that the application for nolle proseque is hereby granted,” the presiding judge said. Consequently, Justice Yahaya declared that Wasila was discharged. 

The verdict threw the courtroom into wild jubilation, as hordes of human rights activists were present. Earlier, the prosecution’s lawyer, Lamido Abba Soron Dinki, tendered an application dated May 20th that was signed by the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, urging the court to discontinue with the high profile murder case which has attracted global attention. Dinki said: “In the nolle proseque is a delegation of power by the Commissioner for Justice to me and I hereby submit the notification and the instrument to the court.” The Kano State Government had asked that the case be dismissed because she was a minor who had been forcibly married. 

The girl is to be freed from detention following the ruling, reported the BBC. When the case was reported in 2014, it threw a spotlight on the issue of child brides and forced marriages in Nigeria. The girl admitted to killing her husband by concealing rat poison in his food, the police in Kano said at the time. The girl’s father had forced her to marry the 35-year-old man, police said. The Islamic police in Kano and many other parts of northern Nigeria are trying to stop parents from forcing children into marriages. The region has a majority Muslim, and a mixture of a secular and lslamic system of government.

http://talentarenaafrica.com/2015/06/10/breaking-news-wasila-the-kano-child-bride-accused-of-killion-her-husband-is-free/
Re: Wasila The kano Child Bride Accused Of Killing Her Husband Is Free. by saaedlee: 9:29am On Jun 10, 2015
Better
Re: Wasila The kano Child Bride Accused Of Killing Her Husband Is Free. by CharlesPhc: 9:42am On Jun 10, 2015
Ok, Husbands beware...!!! The killer child is back and wishes not to be messed with otherwise rat posion is only a wink away...!!!
Re: Wasila The kano Child Bride Accused Of Killing Her Husband Is Free. by rabimlomo: 10:01am On Jun 10, 2015
talentarena:
A  Kano High Court sitting in Gezawa on Tuedsay  set free Wasila Tasiu, 14, accused of killing her husband

and three others in April last year. In a landmark judgment, according to THISDAY,  Justice Mohammed Yahaya ruled that the court had no option than to comply with the application that originated from the Office of the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice that sought to terminate the case. “I have no alternative than to pronounce according to the law that the application for nolle proseque is hereby granted,” the presiding judge said. Consequently, Justice Yahaya declared that Wasila was discharged. 

The verdict threw the courtroom into wild jubilation, as hordes of human rights activists were present. Earlier, the prosecution’s lawyer, Lamido Abba Soron Dinki, tendered an application dated May 20th that was signed by the Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, urging the court to discontinue with the high profile murder case which has attracted global attention. Dinki said: “In the nolle proseque is a delegation of power by the Commissioner for Justice to me and I hereby submit the notification and the instrument to the court.” The Kano State Government had asked that the case be dismissed because she was a minor who had been forcibly married. 

The girl is to be freed from detention following the ruling, reported the BBC. When the case was reported in 2014, it threw a spotlight on the issue of child brides and forced marriages in Nigeria. The girl admitted to killing her husband by concealing rat poison in his food, the police in Kano said at the time. The girl’s father had forced her to marry the 35-year-old man, police said. [size=16pt]The Islamic police in Kano and many other parts of northern Nigeria are trying to stop parents from forcing children into marriages.[/size] The region has a majority Muslim, and a mixture of a secular and lslamic system of government.

http://talentarenaafrica.com/2015/06/10/breaking-news-wasila-the-kano-child-bride-accused-of-killion-her-husband-is-free/

Better. There is no forced marriage in Islam.

(1) (Reply)

The Subsidy Question: Fuel Will Sell For N40 A Litre / Leaders Of Alaba Int'l Mkt Ran Away With Police Hand Cuff / An Open Letter To The Mods: Igbo and Yoruba e-war

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.