Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu (56114 Views)

How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report / More Photos Of Buhari,Osinbajo And Saraki At Independence Day Celebration 2day / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Reference(m): 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
handie:
I just hope all these doesn't negatively sour the relationship between the executive and the legislature.... If it does, there can only be one loser: The common man

Not true. In Nigeria the little dividend the 'common man' cashes is paid when the executive and the legislature properly check themselves. Just look at States where the House is normally an extension of the Governors office, impunity reigns supreme and bad governance is the norm. I totally disagree with you. In this case the grand APC plan must have been a 'Tinubu man' - APCwest to check Buhari - APCnorth. In practice we may have gained an even better check in a recalcitrant Bukola Saraki whose ascention shows he clearly will be his own man, free of influence. If managed well this is a very good thing indeed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by mbulela: 8:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Revenge is best served COLD...APC should just bid their time on Saraki issue..give him a false impression of togetherness and strike him when he least expect...
Most apt point ever made.
However, I doubt Saraki will ever let his guard down. And as long as he rewards those 57 that aided him to the throne, we will be untouchable. As long as you don't block the feeding trough, the national assembly protects Its own. It is a mafia that transcends party acronyms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by DanielPop(m): 8:19pm On Jun 10, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Revenge is best served COLD...APC should just bid their time on Saraki issue..give him a false impression of togetherness and strike him when he least expect...

Saraki knows that he is now fair game. So he won't let down his guard. Remember he is not a political neophyte!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Eluwilussit(m): 8:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
UnknownT:
Meeting with Buhari was slated for 9am, the inaugural sitting started by after 10am, what was Buhari doing between 9-10? And we were told he once locked out an ambassador for coming to a dinner 15minutes late. When he saw that Saraki and others have started sitting, why didn't he call and tell the members waiting for him the latest? Liars everywhere

Buhari is involved in this scheme. In fact, PMB is the brain behind it. If they can't figure it out yet, then they should hand over power to pdp. PMB is more comfortable with the way things are right now.His mother didn't raise no foolgrin. Dude is a fast learner. A chameleon. A fox. I am loving this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 10, 2015
So if APC called a meeting, does it mean they are the only party with members in the National Assembly ? Even if all APC members went to that meeting, the PDP and other parties had the right to swear in anyone they chose. APC meeting should never stop other parties from the proceeding of the Assembly. That is how daft they are.

5 Likes

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by emorse(m): 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
handie:
I just hope all these doesn't negatively sour the relationship between the executive and the legislature.... If it does, there can only be one loser: The common man

My sentiments exactly.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by ROYALTIPPERS: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2015
NAIRALANDERS PLEASE BEWARE OF EILENTRUST (A DATA SELLER), HIS NOW SHOWING HIS TRUE COLOR; A FRAUD. TRANSFERRED MONEY TO HIS ZENITH BANK ACCOUNT FOR MORE THAN 3 DAYS NOW.
HE HAS REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE TRANSFER, AND NO LONGER PICKING HIS CALLS.

BEWARE OF THIS FRAUD. HE DECEIVES PEOPLE BY INITIALLY WINNING THEIR TRUST, THEN START DEFRAUDING NAIRALANDERS.

BEWARE.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Royalty01: 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Contradictions here and there. Buhari has acknowledged that a constitutional process was followed in electing Saraki. Wether he contralutes him or not is immaterial. He reserves the right to do otherwise. It all boils down to Tinubu's greed and overbearing influence. When Saraki and co rebelled against PDP, APC rejoiced and welcomed them. They worked hard and contributed their quota to the enthronement of "APhiC" as the rulling party. Now, Tinubu wants to reward the core ACN members in APC to the detriment of the rebellious nPDP members that joined APC in the build up to the general election. This is a hydra-headed and intricately complex politicking. If the situation is not carefully managed, that would be the beginning of the disastrous end of a somewhat fraudulent "Change" mantra.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by emorse(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Reference:

Not true. In Nigeria the little dividend the 'common man' cashes is paid when the executive and the legislature properly check themselves. Just look at States where the House is normally an extension of the Governors office, impunity reigns supreme and bad governance is the norm. I totally disagree with you. In this case the grand APC plan must have been a 'Tinubu man' - APCwest to check Buhari - APCnorth. In practice we may have gained an even better check in a recalcitrant Bukola Saraki whose ascention shows he clearly will be his own man, free of influence. If managed well this is a very good thing indeed.

One can only hope.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by favourelisha(m): 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Welldone saraki the engineer master,let the vulcanizers continue to cry because the motor has already move and it has continuosly moving.Let them continue(apc)to cry because this regime is going to be tough and is not going to pay the godfatherism as they wish.Baba God !!! Thousand and trillion salute,You rule the affairs of men.The Wisest COUNSELLOR,God control naijAa be dat...So let the wicked perish.

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by mbulela: 8:24pm On Jun 10, 2015
Reference:

In practice we may have gained an even better check in a recalcitrant Bukola Saraki whose ascention shows he clearly will be his own man, free of influence. If managed well this is a very good thing indeed.
That is where you got it wrong. Saraki owes myriad of people for the coup he pulled off yesterday. Watch and see the cabinet screening and committee allocation in the Senate. The man had to dine with the devil to get to the throne. He is imprisoned by influences. However, it matters little to him. Being Senate president is all that matters to him. He could have willingly traded Toyin his wife if the PDP guys asked for her.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by adonis89(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
UnknownT:
Meeting with Buhari was slated for 9am, the inaugural sitting started by after 10am, what was Buhari doing between 9-10? And we were told he once locked out an ambassador for coming to a dinner 15minutes late. When he saw that Saraki and others have started sitting, why didn't he call and tell the members waiting for him the latest? Liars everywhere
true talk. Let f00lish and blind ppl kip believing Buhari as a saint. He planned everything just to reduce tinubu influence in d party. Any ministerial nominee from tinubu, Saraki loyalists will fk dem up

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by demandtruth: 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
PMB better wake up to the reality that these Nigeria politicians are thieves

He was too careful about making up his mind. He needs tutorship from
OBJ.

He shouldn't allow his enemies to determine or hold the scepter of power
This is not the time to be a BABA GO SLOW.

I personally feel short charged. I came to Nigeria to make my vote count
and to see a new direction. As it is, they are the same old thieves that
will determine the direction of the country.

PMB, i'm pained!

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by tinuolababy(f): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2015
abuc:
President Buhari have always maintained that he has no interest in who became the leaders of the National Assembly.
What I observe from the whole scenario is that President Buhari is finding it difficult to become a party man. He's acting
like a one man squad. He traveled to UK seven days to his inauguration without informing his party leaders. These are
not good omen.

One thing is certain, "The present National Assembly Leaders are constitutionally Elected" and can only be removed through
impeachment. There is nothing APC can do except they want the party to implode sooner than expected.

When heavyweights APC members like Atiku, Wamakko, Kwankwaso, Dino Melaye, Yerima are with Saraki; APC should call for
a peace meeting immediately before this Mantra of CHANGE become a fad.

U make sense fa. I go follow you
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Reference(m): 8:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
Coolcube:
If it's true that the president wanted the inauguration postponed because of APC caucus meeting, then I am highly disappointed in him and I am beginning to doubt him. Why must sectional interest override the national interest. The nation should come first not party affairs. The party was aware that the assembly was to be inaugurated on the 9th of June, why can't their peace meeting be earlier. Putting party sentiments ahead of national issues at this time shows lack of respect to Nigerians.

Anyway, I think Sheu is just trying to cover up for the part Buhari played in the emergence of Saraki.

Me too. Look Buhari square in the eyes and tell me whether you see a politician ready to scheme and play these nonsense games. Buhari has gotten what he wanted all these years. He just wants to govern. In his heart of hearts he cares less about the party short term (if he feels his health will take him through a second term, perhaps) and I'm sure he absolutely despises a lot of its members bugging him endlessly with their devious schemings.

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Okehjp(m): 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
Cry me a river where is barcanista i will like to see your comment.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by abtmaviz(m): 8:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
iykedare:
Abegi,saraki is the senate president.

Why are these people still crying?

I tired oo
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by jimmy101231(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Just Drama in Buhari Government...Nobody hand clean for this matter jare..God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
The Presidency and APC should stop commenting on this issue before people start reading different meanings to it. Lawan has gone to court. They should just hope the court quashes the charade of yesterday.

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by baralatie(m): 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
Princecalm:
I thought it was reported that PMB was ready to work with them, so why the fuss now.
hian!!
it is APC na,they are gradually forming the lie,lie small,small.
this film just start.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by mbulela: 8:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
Royalty01:
This is a hydra-headed and intricately complex politicking. If the situation is not carefully managed would be the beginning of the disastrous end of a somewhat fraudulent "Change" mantra.

I struggle to see how this can be resolved.
There is greed and ego involved. The twin fuel of political collapse.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by favourelisha(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
Infact you are a confirm prophet,you foresee,foresaw and very soon it will begin to forestall.Because the division is awaiting,which is the next answer if care is not taking.Because this is issue of all about pocket bussiness and not a national interest.U'll see as alarm go blow and everything will backfire...
Royalty01:
Contradictions here and there. Buhari has acknowledged that a constitutional process was followed in electing Saraki. Wether he contralutes him or not is immaterial. He reserves the right to do otherwise. It all boils down to Tinubu's greed and overbearing influence. When Saraki and co rebelled against PDP, APC rejoiced and welcomed them. They worked hard and contributed their quota to the enthronement of "APhiC" as the rulling party. Now, Tinubu wants to reward the core ACN members in APC to the detriment of the rebellious nPDP members that joined APC in the build up to the general election. This is a hydra-headed and intricately complex politicking. If the situation is not carefully managed, that would be the beginning of the disastrous end of a somewhat fraudulent "Change" mantra.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Tubexsms(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
You can't eat ur cake and have it. There's different between politics of smart guys and dull brains.
Politics is only won by good tacticians and mathematicians. While some were busy organising their cult men some were counting the possibilities of winning the election. Pls tell us now 57 and 51 which one is greater.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by icedbreez(m): 8:33pm On Jun 10, 2015
And you accuse former President Jonathan Govt of impunity, because Mr President wants to meet with "his" Political party, The National Assembly of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which is an entirely different and independent arm of Government should wait for them to finish?
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by photoo: 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
meforyou1:
Is the clerk a member of APC? Bihari sent a letter to the clerk to inaugurate the members at 10am. And the clerk just followed that order. QED
kindly
learn how to read in between lines. shehu said the clerk was informed directly or indirectly. Don't quick to comment without understanding what you have read.

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
The doctrine of Separation of Powers which is well enshrined in our constitution knows no basis for such request by The President once he had sent the proclamation to the Clerk of The National Assembly. The APC should know how to whip Saraki and Co. in line. Should he switch parties he'll lose his seat - the Supreme Court has made that abundantly clear. Folks must play politics with their integrity intact - that, to a large extent, is what party supremacy is about.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by onyfor(m): 8:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Reference(m): 8:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
mbulela:

That is where you got it wrong. Saraki owes myriad of people for the copy he pulled off yesterday. Watch and see the cabinet screening and committee allocation in the Senate. The man had to dine with the devil to get to the throne. He is imprisoned by influences. However, it matters little to him. Being Senate president is all that matters to him. He could have willingly traded Toyin his wife if the PDP guys asked for her.

Yes, if whatever influences he has is contained within the Legislature that is good enough. It is a check of the other arms of govrrnment that matters. If Buhari knows Saraki has the ears of the PDP in the house he is likely to do more negotiation than imposition. At this stage of our development what we don't need is 'taking a bow' stuff. We need more positive confrontation between the Legislature and the Executive and this requires an independent minded party man something David Mark never was. People said David Mark was loyal. I say he was just damn useless.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by hilary26(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
It would have been worse because PDP would have elected a PDP senate president.

The inauguration was already fixed for a date and time. ..anyone who stays away at the appointed time is at his or her own peril.

APC should learn smart politiking. What happened at the NASS is still a legal process.

At the moment, if they continue to threaten the no 3 citizen he would not make time for the inauguration of the remaining senators-elect. For now they are not yet senators and the inauguration time has passed. It is out of benevolence and convinience will the new Senate President schedule another inauguration.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Acekidc4(m): 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
LouisVanGaal:

I Love this Your Comment!!So so On Point!!
That's what they should Do!!Nice 1 Bro
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Orikinla(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
[size=18pt]The Political Fallacy And Hypocrisy Of Those Surrounding Buhari - Politics - Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/2319040/political-fallacy-hypocrisy-those-surrounding
[/size]

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Reference(m): 8:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
mbulela:

I struggle to see how this can be resolved.
There is greed and ego involved. The twin fuel of political collapse.

I told you guys not so long ago. Nigerians are Nigerians and Nigeria is the way it is not because of aliens from mars but because of Nigerians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos) / Wike Resisting Attempt To "Abduct" Judge By Security - Photos / President Idriss Deby of Chad Announces Location Of Boko Haram Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.