Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,748 members, 7,862,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu (56117 Views)

How Jim Obazee Snubbed Buhari’s Directive- Punch Report / More Photos Of Buhari,Osinbajo And Saraki At Independence Day Celebration 2day / Senate Crisis: NASS Clerk Faces Trial As Police Establish Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by komek(m): 10:27pm On Jun 10, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Revenge is best served COLD...APC should just bid their time on Saraki issue..give him a false impression of togetherness and strike him when he least expect...

And u feel that as a sharp man, he would just loose guard like that? If I hear.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by olandoboy(m): 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
I wonder how this Malam Shehu reason,how do u expect NASS Clark to shift inauguration just because of one party,its like he thinks national assembly is a political assembly

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2015
The truth is that, whether the error was due to omission or commission, the Presidency will pay for its naivety some day.

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by cyberguy72(m): 10:32pm On Jun 10, 2015
Caseless:
you don't read, so you won't know. Heard about the the HOR member that decamped from labour party to the apc and supreme court declared his seat vacant before election?

That judgement alone has put a lid on 'cross-carpetting.
Mr know all when tambuwal decamped from PDP to APC did he looze hiz seat
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Jesusloveyou: 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
jorlons:

Although I support the APC, I'll have to align with you on this. There's no excuse to give here.

Lets even look at it from this angle, they went for a meeting, Saraki, malaye and co where not there and it didn't raise any suspicion.

Bukola saraki backstabbed his party members, the deed has been done and I expect them to find away to unite and forge ahead.
i agree with you, but to forge ahead, d election must be conducted with full house.anyone that win with majority,so be it.

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by dokyOloye: 10:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
odeotito:
The doctrine of Separation of Powers which is well enshrined in our constitution knows no basis for such request by The President once he had sent the proclamation to the Clerk of The National Assembly. The APC should know how to whip Saraki and Co. in line. Should he switch parties he'll lose his seat - the Supreme Court has made that abundantly clear. Folks must play politics with their integrity intact - that, to a large extent, is what party supremacy is about.
supreme Court made what clear?
Where was this same supreme Court when Tambuwal switched sides?
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by saint047(m): 10:35pm On Jun 10, 2015

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Jesusloveyou: 10:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
Lionsclaw:

Have you asked why people are not laughing at Lawan but at Tinubu? Do you think Nigerians are blind. Do you know the influence Tinubu will have on govt if he is allowed to fix up everyone in office. Are you happy the way he handled Lagos like his private property?
The sovereignty of Nigeria does not belong to any singular man.
By the way if Tinubu is insulted today it is not an inch of the insult Jonathan got or the insult Buhari has gotten in 1 week so what is so special about him.
Every politician that mess up Nigeria should know what they are signing for.
so u prefer atiku that was not directly involve in d making of buhari,but d way we reason sha, daris God ooo.

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by JuanDeDios: 10:45pm On Jun 10, 2015
UnknownT:
How can you believe that? Did NTA start the sitting from nomination? I didn't watch the Senate siting, but the HOR inauguration I watched, guests were asked to leave the chamber, a roll call was done before they started. So the members at ICC can't tell me that they didn't know that the PDP members+some APC members have started sitting. They probably called the bluff of the PDP senators, not knowing that they (PDP+some APC) did their homework well crossing every T's and dotting all I's
Where does it say the people at ICC didn't know they had started?
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Whylagos: 10:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
When will APC stop complaining? I won't be surprise if they go to court. That is their hobby
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by UnknownT: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
JuanDeDios:

Where does it say the people at ICC didn't know they had started?
But from the source you quoted, you said they only got to know during Nomination. And I know the clerk didn't open the chamber and the nomination started immediately, what were they waiting for from the time the police left to the nomination time
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by 83lagosroad(m): 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
As far as am concern garuba shehu is just being economical with the truth. Am a Yoruba man but for heaven sake must everybody follow tinubu to the grave. All his plans has been frustrated by God cos all his plans was to get back at Buhari for not allowing him nominate ministers. Honestly I see Apc crashing sooner than expected.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by zik4ever: 10:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
While we are insulting ourselves here, some of these Senators may be reaching out to each other and lobbying for who will occupy what "juicy" standing committees. I even see some ex-PDP members who are now APC Senators being in the forefront of the shouting. They will sort themselves out. Is it not politics? Are they fighting over how Nigeria will be better? Are they quarrelling and threatening court action over unpaid workers' salaries? I even see a Senator from my State who reportedly robbed someone of his ticket in the primaries and was imposed on original APC members after being schemed out of the PDP primaries, shouting about “injustice”? Did I see someone who allegedly imposed a Governorship candidate who never contested APC primaries and in fact, who actually contested and lost PDP primaries shouting that there is injustice? Ha ba all these emergency democrats should let us be. Mr. President you won election since and you have been in office long enough, please forward your Ministerial list to these people ASAP and let them start earning their pay. In 2 weeks, they will get Bank alert for work not done while public servants are being owed for months in both APC and PDP States. Don’t tell me about collapsing oil price and falling revenue and don’t tell me it’s all the fault of the Federal Government. They had money to pay themselves severance package before retiring to the Senate. Some of them will never move one motion or propose a bill. In fact, some may not even second a motion. Kai! Choi!

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by 83lagosroad(m): 11:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
jorlons:

Although I support the APC, I'll have to align with you on this. There's no excuse to give here.

Lets even look at it from this angle, they went for a meeting, Saraki, malaye and co where not there and it didn't raise any suspicion.

Bukola saraki backstabbed his party

members, the deed has been done and I expect them to find away to unite and forge ahead.

Hope you didn't forget that tambuwal also did this to pdp and apc guys were so happy. And perhaps bunch of bad loosers. They don't like to loose abite. Embezzlers
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by sunnyolads1(m): 11:04pm On Jun 10, 2015
I don't know why many people here will say nonsense whenever there's a sensitive post.is it by force to comment instead of rubbish..
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Lionsclaw: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
so u prefer atiku that was not directly involve in d making of buhari,but d way we reason sha, daris God ooo.
No its the way you are reasoning o. Look at my post u quoted did I mention Atiku. What I am saying is we dont need godfathers anymore in our politics. Must there be someone in one corner calling the shots that affects 170million Nigerians? HELL NO
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Bonethugss: 11:16pm On Jun 10, 2015
UnknownT:

Even the APC Members that were waiting "Foolishly" for Buhari, don't they have aides or family members that would have called them to tell them that the sitting has commenced since it was televised live? It was only after Saraki had won, they now "Heard " and rushed down to the assembly complex. Liars everywhere

My exact observation, it was aired live on major local channels, don't they have family members watching these channels that would have notified them of the development.
If I had even a close relative being inaugurated, I will be glued to the tv.

I don't even get it jor....
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by HzRF(m): 12:28am On Jun 11, 2015
Caseless:
you don't read, so you won't know. Heard about the the HOR member that decamped from labour party to the apc and supreme court declared his seat vacant before election?

That judgement alone has put a lid on 'cross-carpetting.
U just base ur conclusion on what you think
When he has completed his term
Lol

Infact he's from ondo
So wen tambuwal refuse to act according to law u hailed him
D same law he breached is nw what u want invoke
What a joke
It will end up in the court
Nd d change won't be enough for the country
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by HzRF(m): 12:30am On Jun 11, 2015
odeotito:

My friend, the days of impunity are, thanks to God, numbered in Nigeria! It will surprise you how fast the matter will travel through all the levels of court. No sane judge wants to put his career on the line these days.
OK oo
But hope u are ready Cuz it won be palatable for ur change
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by lastpage: 12:38am On Jun 11, 2015
UnknownT:
Meeting with Buhari was slated for 9am, the inaugural sitting started by after 10am, what was Buhari doing between 9-10? And we were told he once locked out an ambassador for coming to a dinner 15minutes late. When he saw that Saraki and others have started sitting, why didn't he call and tell the members waiting for him the latest?

Even the APC Members that were waiting "Foolishly" for Buhari, don't they have aides or family members that would have called them to tell them that the sitting has commenced since it was televised live? It was only after Saraki had won, they now "Heard " and rushed down to the assembly complex. Liars everywhere

Until we get the EXACT events chronicled properly, l will go by the little explanation we have.

If l do that, l can only come to one reasonable conclusion: That Buhari planned this himself.
If that is TRUE, then it is unbecoming of him.

But then, l think Buhari has more "dignity and integrity" than to play his own men this way.

On the other hand, why did Saraki, an APC man, not heed the call of his Party Leaders? Selfishness? Ambition" "Pre-Arranged"?

Was the normal QUORUM formed in the house for this internal election, if 51 elected Senators where not present?
I hope so or else "Gbegen" go happen o!

Time will tell.

Lastpage!
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by cho25bc(f): 1:34am On Jun 11, 2015
Hmmm,so dis is d new trend dat will distract d presidency frm commencing work immediately?hmmm,it is well
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by Demdem(m): 2:30am On Jun 11, 2015
Lionsclaw:
No its the way you are reasoning o. Look at my post u quoted did I mention Atiku. What I am saying is we dont need godfathers anymore in our politics. Must there be someone in one corner calling the shots that affects 170million Nigerians? HELL NO

Oponu, so Saraki himself is no godfather of kwara politics right? Gullible u.
Since the beginning of politics, there has been godfathers. We call them kingmakers and the concept is not out of place as long as the occupier is good. There will always be one. Deal with it Lackey, u Av much to learn about politics .
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by zingobaby: 4:32am On Jun 11, 2015
Why APC fix meeting on the day of inugration
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by omenka(m): 4:48am On Jun 11, 2015
cbrass:

Brother am withdrawing my support for pmb, this was a coup by him angry
Hahaha. Calm down. The water s still very murky and a lot of conspiracy theories are flying around. In a couple of days, perhaps weeks, we'd get a better picture as to what really transpired. smiley

1 Like

Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by bunmititi(f): 4:55am On Jun 11, 2015
buhari is a poor general.
that is why we kick him out of the army in 1985.
if buhari pass his course as officer,
he should know the saying:
obey every lawful command.

the clerk is right because
buhari, the dullard of daura,
issue illegal command
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by gbagyiza: 5:07am On Jun 11, 2015
I saw it comming, that was y i kept warning APC 2 be careful nt 2 give PDP n oppurtunity 2 carry d day.APC shuld hv themselves 2 blame 4 a divided house at a crucial time of national assemble election n shuld be ready 2 face d music that wuld unfold in d future.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by aksule(m): 5:19am On Jun 11, 2015
I am disappointed. Is Garba Shehu now Lai Moh? We all know the APC spokesman's ability to tell us story he thought was good enough to him personally not minding that he was talking to sensible and reasonable Nigerians
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by dougivilla(m): 5:38am On Jun 11, 2015
JuanDeDios:

You are not current. They became aware once the 'nomination' started and rushed to their cars but arrived too late due to holdup. According to the pro-PDP ThisDay..
You are the uninformed and incorrect one here!!!

For your information, Thisday is a media outfit owned by Atiku Abubakar, please tell us how and when it became pro-PDP?
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by mannyiyke: 6:01am On Jun 11, 2015
abuc:
President Buhari have always maintained that he has no interest in who became the leaders of the National Assembly.
What I observe from the whole scenario is that President Buhari is finding it difficult to become a party man. He's acting
like a one man squad. He traveled to UK seven days to his inauguration without informing his party leaders. These are
not good omen.

One thing is certain, "The present National Assembly Leaders are constitutionally Elected" and can only be removed through
impeachment. There is nothing APC can do except they want the party to implode sooner than expected.

When heavyweights APC members like Atiku, Wamakko, Kwankwaso, Dino Melaye, Yerima are with Saraki; APC should call for
a peace meeting immediately before this Mantra of CHANGE become a fad.
The APC Senators alone cannot impeach d senate president. Afterall, they are 59 in number and d constitution states dat there shall be 2/3 majority which is about 72 senators for d senate president to be impeached. Meanwhile, does d National Assembly not belong to all d senators and members elected on the platforms of different political parties? Why must d APC senators and members use d time for National Assembly business to meet with d president to d detriment of other senators and members from other parties or does d National Assembly belong to d APC alone?
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by ajakaboy1: 6:16am On Jun 11, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Revenge is best served COLD...APC should just bid their time on Saraki issue..give him a false impression of togetherness and strike him when he least expect...
I agree with you. But I want to add that while bidding time on Saraki, APC leadership should try to mend fences. They should try to work together with one voice. Tinubu, Atiku, Kwakwaso, Wamako and co should put the interest of the nation uppermost in their hearts and give Buhari the much needed support he needs to take us out of the rot PDP government has put us into over the years.
Re: NASS Clerk And Saraki Snubbed Buhari‘s Request – Garba Shehu by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:23am On Jun 11, 2015
Caseless:
long time!
Bros, Nor b lie o! I jus de observe politics board from a distance..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Wike Resisting Attempt To "Abduct" Judge By Security - Photos / Final Nigeria's Presidential Elections Results 2019 - BBC / Ben-Bruce Mocked Buhari With The Age Of His Ministers(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.