Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

How To Make Baby Walk - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Make Baby Walk (2890 Views)

Reasons Why Women Walk Out Of A Marriage / What Will You Do If You Walk Into This Type Of Situation? (photos) / Slut Walk For Women's Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Baby Walk by initiate: 11:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
Hello

Advice needed pls

how do you make a baby start walking when he is 1 year plus. What activities can encourage him?

thanks
Re: How To Make Baby Walk by Blade21: 8:46am On Jun 11, 2015
De baby will walk whn he or she is ready I was worried abt my son tOo nd on his 1st birthday he started walking so let de child be PEACE
Re: How To Make Baby Walk by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 11, 2015
He would walk in his own sweet time.

But Note that there's a wide range in the ages that children learn to walk. Though most babies pull themselves to standing and
cruise around furniture before their first
birthdays and many walk by 12 months -2 years.

I guess your baby should be standing now or trying to balance while standing.
Walking is about confidence so those first steps need plenty of praise and encouragement. E.g, by sitting on the floor and guiding him, slowly. Get him a walker.

Stop trying to carry him all the time. Let him free.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Baby Walk by initiate: 11:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
cheers
Re: How To Make Baby Walk by Miami11: 3:44am On Jun 12, 2015
I bought my baby a jumperoo. It helped alot
Re: How To Make Baby Walk by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 12, 2015
I was going to say pretty much what Joavud did. Don't be too worried if baby is not quite ready to walk yet because not walking at 1yr is much more common than one might think and is certainly normal. My first daughter actually crawled for a good six months before she walked. It is funny because when she was 14mos old she went from crawling to running back and forth between grandma and myself within 1 hr. We cheered her on and the confidence became stronger with each try. We all can't wait until our little ones take their first steps but, WOW, when they start walking they seem to be moving from dawn until bedtime, lol. cheesy
Re: How To Make Baby Walk by LewsTherin: 12:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Hunnydropps:
We all can't wait until our little ones take their first steps but, WOW, when they start walking they seem to be moving from dawn until bedtime, lol. cheesy

A friend happens to be one of the finest pediatricians and ENT surgeons in Abuja. I was worried for him when his son still wasn't walking at 1 year. He? Never bothered at all. The young kid started walking at about 1yr 6 months. Today, Doc's hair is sooo gray from trying to catch the little man! Heck, even his beard is gray!!!! The kid runs everywhere all the time. Doesn't even seem to know he can walk now and then grin grin grin

So fret not. Your boy will walk when he is ready. Then, I pity you grin.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Baby Walk by bnanzip(m): 10:19am On Sep 10, 2015
Different children have different time to grow but if you may want to know when a child should have started walking, talking or running I have written extensively on that and you will know if there is a delayance or an abnormality.
The article is here http://www.jotscroll.com/forums/11/posts/62
Re: How To Make Baby Walk by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 10, 2015
I am not even married so undecided
However lady, why oh why or why are you in a hurry for your baby to grow up!? shocked

That child has about 80 years to walk away their legs...
When all I am doing is envying children cos of the way they get carried
You are here wanting to steal their childhood from them
You only get carried for 2 years at most...then it is walk,walk for a looooong time
Okay, kontinuu cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Make Baby Walk by merit1988(f): 10:21am On Nov 23, 2019
I'm so excited to read through comments here.. facing the same thing with my lil man
Re: How To Make Baby Walk by FlyingTOMATOE: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2019
There is a four wheeled toy like that. Children are made to sit in it... Once they start moving around they learn how to walk.

(1) (Reply)

.. / Did The Mom Do Well Or Not? (with Photos) / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.