Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,675 members, 7,837,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances (990 Views)

Atiku Already Running For 2019 — El-rufa’i / El-rufa’i Sacks ADC For Insurbordination / Why I Stopped Issuance Of Gifts During Ramadan, Xmas – El-rufa’i ( Vanguard) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Onyi42(m): 12:13am On Jun 11, 2015
Kaduna—Kaduna State governor, Malam Nasir El-
Rufa’i, has begged members of the House of
Assembly to review their salaries and allowances
downward in order to generate more revenue for
the development of the state.

“The Deputy Governor and I have signalled our
intention in this regard by announcing that we
are taking a pay cut of 50 per cent of our salary
and allowances until the fiscal situation of the
state improves,” El-Rufa’i said, yesterday, when
he paid a visit to the House of Assembly.

“We appeal to all political office holders to
embrace this example and attitude of sacrifice,” h
said, adding that after paying salaries of civil
servants, government was left with only 20 per
cent of its revenue.

According to him, “Once done with paying
salaries, allowances, overheads and pensions, the
state is unable to do much by way of building
infrastructure or providing services. The stark
fact is that Kaduna State spends 80 per cent of its
total revenues on its public servants and political
office holders.

“Can we as elected leaders deliver any significant
service or implement progressive actions or attain
desirable outcomes for the majority of our people
if we devote only 20 per cent of available
resources to their needs? Would we not be
undermining the very rationale of democracy if,
after being elected by majority vote, we uphold a
system that solely serves the pleasures of a
servant-minority?

“How many good roads or decent hospitals can we
build and maintain when we leave so little monies
for the things that actually matter? The
elections that have thrust the responsibility of
governance on us reflect the yearning of our
people for leaders that are competent, responsive
and willing to offer dedicated service.

“As elected officials, we must view our massive
mandates as instructions by our people for
unrelenting work on their behalf. The change
they voted for is for substantive improvements in
the delivery of public goods, a new way of doing
things and the prioritisation of their needs.

“As you are aware, the executive branch of this
government has been taking briefings from the
ministries, departments and agencies that
constitute the public service of Kaduna State,” he
added.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/el-rufai-begs-kaduna-lawmakers-to-cut-salaries-allowances/
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by modath(f): 12:14am On Jun 11, 2015
Wish El-Rufai could double as FCT minister for just a year or two to correct the wasted Bala Mohammed years...Walahi, Kaduna state got the cream of the crop..

4 Likes

Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:19am On Jun 11, 2015
If only they would listen. angry
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by channelz: 1:07am On Jun 11, 2015
PMB kindly follow kaftan suit
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by owobokiri(m): 1:27am On Jun 11, 2015
How did Nigeria as a country get to a stage where both in the federal and state levels, almost 80% of earnings go to recurrent expenditures? Who did this? Essentially governance is all about sharing and nothing else. Delta state governor taking 2 billion naira a month as security vote at a stage? Unbelievable

1 Like

Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by emeuzo(m): 1:34am On Jun 11, 2015
Poli
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 11, 2015
El rufai should start by making his assets public. Publishing what accrues to the state and how it is applied. We all know that salaries of politicians are never enough to buy Tampons for their girlfriends. The real deal is the kick-backs and kick-fronts that those men appropriate to themselves and cronies through dubious means and nomenclatures like 'security vote'.

We require to know how El rufai apply or misapply these monies.

Let us not forget that the much touted change is here. We must demand change in governance and citizenry, politicians and electorates.
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Pavore9: 1:57am On Jun 11, 2015
Nigerian Politicians cut down their welfare package....if l hear!
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by lovaleenny(f): 5:17am On Jun 11, 2015
owobokiri:
How did Nigeria as a country get to a stage where both in the federal and state levels, almost 80% of earnings go to recurrent expenditures? Who did this? Essentially governance is all about sharing and nothing else. Delta state governor taking 2 billion naira a month as security vote at a stage? Unbelievable

Asin ehn dis matter just taya me seriously cry
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by omenka(m): 5:26am On Jun 11, 2015
channelz:
PMB kindly follow kaftan suit
You probably haven't been following the news. El-Rufai is rather the one following suit. smiley

I think Kaduna folks would really enjoy this small man of towering image.

Wish them well.

1 Like

Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by mrvitalis(m): 6:21am On Jun 11, 2015
When u vote the right man this what u get
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by sammieguze(m): 6:29am On Jun 11, 2015
mrvitalis:
When u vote the right man this what u get

A real man i tell you.
Wish the law makers can follow suit as well as other state government officials
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Ymodulus: 7:35am On Jun 11, 2015
The problem is we spend more on recurrent than on capital and as a start we should make it 60/40 percent on capital/recurrent respectively.The Governor should also check on ghost workers.Kaduna State civil servants are the least paid in the whole country and this should be adjusted.

Secondly the Legislative salaries and allowances be reduced and there should be nothing as constituency allowances. What needs improvement is pensions and gratuity and should be paid on time.

Thridly, I believe a state Governor should have the power to cut the salaries of its workforce as at when due against the backdrop of economic realities, for the greater good of the state. If a Governor cant so this, then whats the point of been a Governor? According to (Ymodulus, 2015. IMPACT OF MACROECONOMIC VARIABLES on ECONOMY), He said that vicissitudes of macroeconomics such as Exchange Rate , Inflation Rate, Interest rate, Money Supply and most importantly Unemployment among others makes it clear that the tendency to impose a minimum wage for all the states of the federation is a wrong move, which is in the long run is unfeasible.

In all I believe El-Rufai, has all what it takes to govern Kaduna State, as he understands the needs, yearnings and problems of the Kaduna masses. He will make be a Good governor.

2023, it will be El-Rufai /Fashola.

El-Rufai my God. My God I worship you sir.
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2015
I thought you an atheist
Ymodulus:
The problem is we spend more on recurrent than on capital and as a start we should make it 60/40 percent on capital/recurrent respectively.The Governor should also check on ghost workers.Kaduna State civil servants are the least paid in the whole country and this should be adjusted.

Secondly the Legislative salaries and allowances be reduced and there should be nothing as constituency allowances. What needs improvement is pensions and gratuity and should be paid on time.

Thridly, I believe a state Governor should have the power to cut the salaries of its workforce as at when due against the backdrop of economic realities, for the greater good of the state. If a Governor cant so this, then whats the point of been a Governor? According to (Ymodulus, 2015. IMPACT OF MACROECONOMIC VARIABLES on ECONOMY), He said that vicissitudes of macroeconomics such as Exchange Rate , Inflation Rate, Interest rate, Money Supply and most importantly Unemployment among others makes it clear that the tendency to impose a minimum wage for all the states of the federation is a wrong move, which is in the long run is unfeasible.

In all I believe El-Rufai, has all what it takes to govern Kaduna State, as he understands the needs, yearnings and problems of the Kaduna masses. He will make be a Good governor.

2023, it will be El-Rufai /Fashola.

El-Rufai my God. My God I worship you sir.
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Ymodulus: 8:10am On Jun 11, 2015
MuhdG:
I thought you an atheist
Yes he his my God.
Does not necessarily means I worship him. But hold him in high esteem. He his my god could also mean he his my mentor , hero.
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 11, 2015
Ymodulus:

Yes he his my God.
Does not necessarily means I worship him. But hold him in high esteem. He his my god could also mean he his my mentor , hero.

Ohh now i get it. smiley
Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by egift(m): 8:27am On Jun 11, 2015
Ymodulus:
Yes he his my God.

Then you really don't know what it means to be an atheist (a total disbelieve on the existence of a Gos/god being).

Re: El-rufa’i Begs Kaduna Lawmakers To Cut Salaries, Allowances by Ymodulus: 8:53am On Jun 11, 2015
egift:

Then you really don't know what it means to be an atheist (a total disbelieve on the existence of a Gos/god being).

Mr egift. Get right the meaning of Connotative and Denotative words

(1) (Reply)

Senators Of Like Minds Rap Kwankwaso Over Attack On Saraki / Emir Of Daura Appoints Buhari 'Bayajidda Daura II' / President Muhammadu Buhari Dissolves NNPC Board Of Directors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.