Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? (1698 Views)

The Big Size Of An Undergraduate's Project Hardcopy (Photos) / Which Of These Sentences Scares You Most As An Undergraduate? / Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 1:42am On Jun 11, 2015
If your pocket/survival money from your parents/sponsor is N4000 (Four Thousand Naira only).. How would you maximise your utility?

undecided
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by kestolove95(m): 1:49am On Jun 11, 2015
Guy forgt it can't do anytin
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by cardoso111(m): 2:11am On Jun 11, 2015
lets pray for the parents and the economy to improve
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jun 11, 2015
kestolove95:
Guy forgt it can't do anytin
If u were in dis shoe, how would u survive?
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Ladanboso: 4:29am On Jun 11, 2015
wen i was in yr 1 I was given 5000 evry month by my single mother n I I eat 200 evry day @ a place in my school known as beans-up @ N.D.U I eat 100 by 12noon n 100 by 5pm so u cn manage depending on ur school bro

1 Like

Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by iamkingzlee(m): 7:39am On Jun 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
That"ll be difficult bro! Except you start up a small scale business while in school. So that money comes from both ways no matter how small. Morning!
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by lilmax(m): 8:27am On Jun 11, 2015
Ladanboso:
wen i was in yr 1 I was given 5000 evry month by my single mother n I I eat 200 evry day @ a place in my school known as beans-up @ N.D.U I eat 100 by 12noon n 100 by 5pm so u cn manage depending on ur school bro
how is this possible? 2h everyday for 5k?
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 11, 2015
iamkingzlee:
That"ll be difficult bro! Except you start up a small scale business while in school. So that money comes from both ways no matter how small. Morning!
How wud she/he raise capital from 4k for a small scale biz? Morning bro
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 11, 2015
lilmax:
how is this possible? 2h everyday for 5k?
Autonomous consumption for 5 days
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Agricexpert(m): 10:08am On Jun 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
If your pocket/survival money from your parents/sponsor is N4000 (Four Thousand Naira only).. How would you maximise your utility?

undecided
U can make even more money.
1. You create a thread on nairaland here to help post utme aspirants,
You help dem with past questions n aswers= u make small money frm large no. Of persons.
You also hlp dem buy d form, = you make money too
If you help 100 people n ur charge is 1000 nair, You would ve made 100000 naira. Dats if you are slow. Thnks
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Unekz(m): 10:24am On Jun 11, 2015
Ladanboso:
does it mean you dont spend sat &sundays ?? cuz 200*5=1,000 excludin sats n sundays
how is dt possible or u dnt eat on sats n sundays cuz if u do it will be 200*7=1,400
which means a month ur spending 5,600.
or dnt u budget for miscellaneouses ?
hmmmmmm u try bro.
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by iamkingzlee(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
How wud she/he raise capital from 4k for a small scale biz? Morning bro
hmmm... That's another question. I don't know actually! But don't you think if one starts with buying nice okrika clothes and selling in school or something.. Atleast I'm sure you"ll sell higher than you bought. Don't you think so? That's my opinion though smiley
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by kestolove95(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
I wil get a part tym job
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by promisechild(m): 11:39am On Jun 11, 2015
oboy u r lucky I hardly see someone that will send me that kind of money monthly.
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Chinks(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Truth be told, that money is chicken feed. When I was an undergraduate, my uncle was sending me 5k and the money wasn't even regular. I couldn't blame him because he has his own family to cater for too. He was also responsible for my education right from primary school up to the university level. So, I had to partner with a friend and we ventured into game centre, noodles, egg and bread business back then... So from 200L, I was able to cater for myself that I wasn't expecting anything from him again... Though, it affected my education because I was actually eyeing first class then but to the glory of God, I still graduated with 2.1.... I really feel for the OP because I'd once been in that scenario... That's why I'm still angry with my parents today especially my father for bringing me into this world without making provisions for me and anytime I remember the difficulties I encountered during my undergraduate days, I dislike him the more.

2 Likes

Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 11, 2015
Agricexpert:

U can make even more money.
1. You create a thread on nairaland here to help post utme aspirants,
You help dem with past questions n aswers= u make small money frm large no. Of persons.
You also hlp dem buy d form, = you make money too
If you help 100 people n ur charge is 1000 nair, You would ve made 100000 naira. Dats if you are slow. Thnks
he used to do that but it wasn't as easy as he envisaged.. There are lots of factors to be considered..
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
Chinks:
Truth be told, that money is chicken feed. When I was an undergraduate, my uncle was sending me 5k and the money wasn't even regular. I couldn't blame him because he has his own family to cater for too. He was also responsible for my education right from primary school up to the university level. So, I had to partner with a friend and we ventured into game centre, noodles, egg and bread business back then... So from 200L, I was able to cater for myself that I wasn't expecting anything from him again... Though, it affected my education because I was actually eyeing first class then but to the glory of God, I still graduated with 2.1.... I really feel for the OP because I'd once been in that scenario... That's why I'm still angry with my parents today especially my father for bringing me into this world without making provisions for me and anytime I remember the difficulties I encountered during my undergraduate days, I dislike him the more.
This is encouraging/motivating.. The thing is he's running a regular (full-time) programme, studying Economics and the time-table does not favour him at all.. He practically attends lectures from morning till evening.. Btw, He's already in 300 level tho..... He just wants to know how a freshman would cope with this budget constraints
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
promisechild:
oboy u r lucky I hardly see someone that will send me that kind of money monthly.

eeyah.. Wah level are u?
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
iamkingzlee:
hmmm... That's another question. I don't know actually! But don't you think if one starts with buying nice okrika clothes and selling in school or something.. Atleast I'm sure you"ll sell higher than you bought. Don't you think so? That's my opinion though smiley
easier said than done..

He attends lectures from 8am till 4pm.. He's gona study from 4pm till 12midnyt everyday due to the nature of his department coupled with the fact that he wants to graduate with at least a 2,1.. Werriz d time?
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Ladanboso: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Unekz:

does it mean you dont spend sat &sundays ?? cuz 200*5=1,000 excludin sats n sundays
how is dt possible or u dnt eat on sats n sundays cuz if u do it will be 200*7=1,400
hmmmmmm u try bro.

wkend I visit friends nd sumtyms friends pay 4 me
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Unekz:

hmmmmmm u try bro.

I was gona post this analysis.. Tanks
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ladanboso:

wkend I visit friends nd sumtyms friends pay 4 me
He used to do that but in the long-run, he was seen as a parasite. Its typical of the human nature tho. Btw, too much familiarity breeds contempt
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by iamkingzlee(m): 3:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
easier said than done..

He attends lectures from 8am till 4pm.. He's gona study from 4pm till 12midnyt everyday due to the nature of his department coupled with the fact that he wants to graduate with at least a 2,1.. Werriz d time?
haaaaaa.... Chairman that's a whole lot of work. It won't be possible if that's the case!
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
iamkingzlee:
haaaaaa.... Chairman that's a whole lot of work. It won't be possible if that's the case!
that's the case bro
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Agricexpert(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
he used to do that but it wasn't as easy as he envisaged.. There are lots of factors to be considered..
Factors like.
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Agricexpert:
Factors like.
Most aspirants would opine that u wana scam dem
Most aspirants are not willing to bare the cost of parcel delivery
Etc
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by promisechild(m): 11:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
eeyah.. Wah level are u?
200level bro
Re: How Can An Undergraduate Survive With N4000 In A Month? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
promisechild:
200level bro
May God see you through

(1) (Reply)

An Honourable Prophet At Home / Funny School Names & Motto That ’ Ll Crack You Up -pics / Internship In Nigeria: Benefits, Challenges And The Way Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.