Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,773 members, 7,831,486 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 (7413 Views)

Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by BernieBoy(m): 9:01am On Sep 19, 2006
@ rotbog
Sorry the plane crash took place somewhere in Kwande Local Government Area of Benue State not Makurdi. To be precise in Shangev.

Requescat en pax.
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Hugoboi(m): 2:05pm On Sep 19, 2006
Has the manifest been released yet??I cry for Nigeria sad sad
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Falciparum(m): 6:23pm On Sep 19, 2006
I heard the plane crashed into a mountain and knowing the terrain of Obudu and that position where the plain crashed its hazy and has series of mountains a pretty difficult terrain and here in Calabar on that day we had a terrible weather series of rains so i believ that is to blame for the air mishap.

I have been opportuned to fly several time within this country i know that things arent right but they are okay. Looking at air misharps in Nigeria the only ones that i feel boils down on aviation authorities is that of Sosoliso for the poor approach of the fire service (lives could have been saved people watched th eplain catch fire and burnt everything) and that of belview cause of the age of the plane. Mishaprs are inevitable but most can be prevented we've tried but more can be done

I love this country but i would love to leave also lol
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by otokx(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2006
Its a terrible ordeal, I hate it when people talk of the "will of God" in matters like these.
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Hunter(m): 1:11am On Sep 20, 2006
Falciparum:

I heard the plane crashed into a mountain and knowing the terrain of Obudu and that position where the plain crashed its hazy and has series of mountains a pretty difficult terrain and here in Calabar on that day we had a terrible weather series of rains so i believ that is to blame for the air mishap.

I have been opportuned to fly several time within this country i know that things arent right but they are okay. Looking at air misharps in Nigeria the only ones that i feel boils down on aviation authorities is that of Sosoliso for the poor approach of the fire service (lives could have been saved people watched th eplain catch fire and burnt everything) and that of belview cause of the age of the plane. Mishaprs are inevitable but most can be prevented we've tried but more can be done

I love this country but i would love to leave also lol

Mishaps maybe inevitable but the rate they occur in Nigeria through avoidable occurances is disgusting. With proper maitenance there are planes that are 30 years old in regular service (DC-10's in the united states for NW) and they haven't been dropping out of the sky because they're old.
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Radiant(f): 1:44am On Sep 20, 2006
God have mercy! cry
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by onikunkewu(m): 10:42am On Sep 20, 2006
Although it should be accepted as God verdict but the Nigerian government should try to arrest this situation becouse it is becoming rampant in our soceity.May thier souls rest in peace.Ameen
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by 2old4that(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2006
@ Topic

Notwithstanding this, travelling by plane is still the safest form of transportation. Road transport is the worst: accidents happens virtually everyday on the roads unheard unlike plane where any slightest glitch receives widest circulation on the media.

Anywayz, may thier souls rest in perfect peace.
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by rhamz: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2006
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
its so unfortunate and embrassing for dis nation and now d whole world wonders if it was actually an accident, may d gentle souls sacriced in the name of democrazy rest in peace,
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by momoney1(m): 12:28am On Sep 21, 2006
@pamperme

i think something is going on, we need 2 read between the lines

yes! the thin line, we need to read between the line angry

@Odeku

is this a coincidence or a fowl play by some military officials thirsting for the presidency? i strongly believe the next 30 days will be crucial to the future of Nigeria with OBJ and ATIKU feud

i smell rat. i see fowl play in it all angry. i cry for this nation cry cry cry
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by adetiloye: 2:58am On Sep 21, 2006
it a serious tragedy and a great loss to the nation
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by omonla6(m): 1:43pm On Sep 21, 2006
We mourn you today our heroes that passed away in the military plane crash. Oh death where is thy sting, you have done your worse again. The soul of our heroic Military men that passed away in the plane crash will continue to marching on.

On behalf of all Nigerians, we pray this will not happen again in this country. May the good Lord console the families they left behind and provide for their adequate daily needs.
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Radiant(f): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2006
Amen! cry
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by maccoy(m): 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2006
reply @ dennylove
this is not a issue of pilot not good but the issue of aircraft is not well maintain and also they are out of usage.Nigeria never buy the correct aircraft but an old one like mango park just b'cos of money emblessment.Aircraft owner and government should stop putting poeples' life in jeopardy and go for the correct aircraft.right from VirginNigeria all old aircraft. angry cry
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Oracle(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2006
I really think these are signs of the endtime that we are presently in
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by benheart(f): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2006
sad shocked i was really shocked when i heard the news, anyway to me it was not ordinary there might be something under this recent crash. how can they just gather top officers in one place just becuase they have one meeting, to me some thing is fishing.

Anyway may their soul rest in peace , at least they died in active duty. but this plane crash of a thing, they have to really do something about it, its getting really scary. kiss
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Ronke2811(f): 3:14pm On Sep 22, 2006
why is that wen the rich dies, the high and mighty makes noise, funny enough, last weekend a tanker gut fire along lagos ibadan expressway killing/ roasting over 50 pple , the president didnt say anything talkmore of declaring 3 days mourning. is it not the same life and blood that flows thru our veins and body. be u rich or poor death is certain. i dont really like the way the treat matters in this country. angry
everyday the poor dies, armed robbers every where, then senate and house of rep are not looking into this, now when it affects them they start blaming God.
last year, it was sosoliso and bellview, we lost the so many generations in the plane crash,these are children that were innocent, no legacy behind. even my mentor was in that crash, i think it is time the president look into the aviation industry because if care is not taken, this might just be the begining of the end .
all the same, may God who is the father of the fatherless be with the families they left behind cry
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by kimba(m): 11:04pm On Sep 23, 2006
I myself been hearing a lot of stories about the crash, from accident to sabotage, that the real snoop dog didnt enter the plane, just hearsay o,

just like the plane crashes last year,

anyway the good news is: The Presidency has set up a committee to investigate the cause of the plane crash.
Re: Military Plane Crash In Benue State Kills 14 by Radiant(f): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2006
kimba:

anyway the good news is: The Presidency has set up a committee to investigate the cause of the plane crash.

Na today angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do You Like About USA And Canada? / How Much Is UK Visa Fee In Nigeria 2017? / Cost Of DHL Delivery Form Nigeria To Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.