Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post (77867 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by lalasticlala(m): 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
Following disquiet in some quarters over the non-participation of Vice-President, Yemi Osinbajo at different security meetings held by President Muhammadu Buhari since assumption of office, DAILY POST on Thursday reached out to informed security source to explain the rationale behind the development.

DAILY POST recalls that on Tuesday June 2, 2015, Buhari met with the National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki, the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh, Chief of Army Staff, Major General Kenneth Minimah; Chief of Naval Staff, Rear Admiral Usman O. Jibrin; Chief of Air Staff, Air Vice Marshal Adesola Amosu; Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase.

The meeting held at the Defence House in Abuja.

Miffed by the development, a number of media houses reported that Osinbajo was ‘locked out’ of the meeting on the orders of the President.

Ten days after, the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) is yet to comment on why Osinbajo didn’t attend the meeting.

Again, on Wednesday June 10, the President met behind closed doors with the NSA and some security chiefs ahead of Thursday’s meeting of the Lake Chad Basin Commission in Abuja.

Osinbajo was no where around Defence House, venue of the meeting.

Speaking to DAILY POST on reactions trailing Osinbajo’s absence, our source said the VP may not be granted access to such meetings soon.

The source who is well-connected to many Security agencies and their top echelons reminded those accusing Buhari of sidelining the Vice President that Osinbajo is a legal luminary, not a security expert.

His words: “I am sure he would have been invited if he had security background. Being a Professor of Law is fine, but in terms of intelligence and access to security information, you are no where near the rank of Colonel or equivalent in the Nigeria Military.”

“Look, I have watched some footages that if the VP gets to see, he would lose appetite for days.

“Now, we have someone who has been in luxury virtually all his life, attaining the position of VP and some people are clamouring for his presence in highly sensitive talks.

“The truth is that the military hierarchy would not even feel comfortable saying some things in his presence.

“I can tell you that they respect Prof Osinbajo as VP, but they cannot trust him with information yet.”

“You cannot compare him to Buhari who served in many military roles, chased away a militia that was threatening Nigeria security, overthrew a military government, became Head of State, fought corruption and went ahead to instill discipline among a stubborn citizenry.”

Asked if Osinbajo would continue to stay back and watch, the source responded: “He would be brought in but not now.”

“The VP would have to go through what is called ‘Stimulation’. This is a process where he is lectured on terms, dealings, operations etc of the military.”

“His inner strength, strong heart and ability to keep things to himself will first be put to test before he gets access to some classified materials and information.”

On possibility of politics being a reason why Osinbajo has not been part of the security meetings, the source said such cannot be ruled out.

“We must understand the fact that Osinbajo was a candidate promoted by Bola Tinubu (ex-Lagos Governor), he was not handpicked by Buhari.

“If the President had picked a vice, it is likely that such individual may get the access Osinbajo isn’t getting now.

“Everyone knows the VP has been loyal to Tinubu for decades and he cannot swear that he would not divulge details of these security meetings to his political godfather.

“So he has to earn it. Tinubu may have used his influence to put him in this position but he must draw a line between blind loyalty and national duty.”

http://dailypost.ng/2015/06/11/exclusive-why-osinbajo-cannot-be-part-of-buharis-security-meetings-for-now/

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 11, 2015
Maybe he's afraid they will call him "ordinary commissioner" the second time cheesy

213 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by luvinhubby(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
WOW!!
Nigeria is in a deep something!
A VP that cannot be trusted by his principal with vital information because he is concerned about his loyalty & competence speaks volumes about the marriage of strange bedfellows ruling Nigeria.

My sincere prayer is that APC will not plunge Nigeria into the anarchy that GEJ averted for us IJN.

385 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by justi4jesu(f): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
cheesy cheesy Chaiii

2 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Vicadonis(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tinubu's baby boy has been sidelined... I heard he is only there till when Tinubu decides to take over. Ask TUNDE Bakare

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by PointB: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
“I can tell you that they respect Prof Osinbajo as VP, but they cannot trust him with information yet.”

... because he's a mere commissioner - Saraki! cheesy cheesy

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Tallesty1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
Respects him much but cannot trust him with information yet

That's a big slap on VP's face and the speaker kinda blew his own cover here without even knowing.

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by sunnydayasaba(m): 12:37pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ok oh...Prof of Law my foot, if Architect Sambo can be in security meeting presided by GEJ, i wonder why Prof shouldn't be allowed irrespective of who brought him in as VP.

214 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by pistol: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
I have not laughed so hard in my life before.
This Mere commisioner don suffer I swear.
He will have to put him through simulation indeed.
I will advise him to resign now with his head held high.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by brize(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
He is a kid na

119 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
[/quote]Everyone knows the VP has been loyal to Tinubu for decades and he cannot swear that he would not divulge details of these security meetings to his political godfather. [quote]
chai chai chai this commissioner don suffer nobi small grin grin grin grin grin

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Algebra12: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
These are really irrelevant excuses.
So if the President were a complete civilian, he wouldn't have been allowed to such meetings?

I believe the reason for his exclusion is not contained in this silly excuse.
But whatever that is, it had better be for the good of the nation.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Princecalm(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
GEJ and Sambo were ordinary men, they only relied on the intelligence of the service chiefs

26 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
this is complete nonsense.
what do they mean by this rubbish...
they dint know he will see a footage and not eat for days when they chose him as VP?
this APC hypocrisy is disgusting.
for heavens sake!!! how do you lock the vice president out of a security meeting where is this done? oluwa o. jor help us.

60 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ezenwammadu(m): 12:40pm On Jun 11, 2015
Spare dispensible tyre called Commissioner osunbade.
Breakingtimes was the first to break this juicy story and some APC e rats called them names

82 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by vislabraye(m): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
See excuse. It just doesn't add up. If the VP can't be present in such sensitive meetings cos he has no military background, why is he a VP in the first place ?
If something happens to Buhari tomorrow, are they going to give us this excuse ?

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by midolian(m): 12:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
brooklyn49:
Maybe he's afraid they will call him "ordinary commissioner" the second time cheesy
what is this one saying? Did u read @ all?

6 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by jorlons(m): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Well that is not a sufficient excuse in my view to shut him out (if indeed he was).

PMB needs to trust his Vice for them to work effectively together. There should be no room for undue suspicion amongst the duo.

In addition, they've to really work on how to prevent sensitive information such as this from the public. Just imagine how it has been blown out of proportion.

5 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Dollyak(f): 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Why make him VP when they couldn't trust him? Sounds too dodgy man. Probabaly making sure he will conform to their corrupt practices before letting him in.

Do this politicians think they are talking to fools? What can he see or discuss that the Vp shouldn't hear/see? Most of the rulers from the developed world are from posh family, so i fail to see his points.

13 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
MC Osinbajo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Kennywills7(m): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2015
First they call him a mere commissioner and now they are saying he is going to undergo some training in order to keep things to himself without him giving information to tinubu, hmm it seem to me he is d vice president on paper while he is bn sideline in important and sensitive matters

U knw dat feeling when u want to listen to an interesting part of a story but then they send u to buy something? That's what is happening here

109 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Ok oh...Prof of Law my foot, if Architect Sambo can be in security meeting presided by GEJ, i wonder why Prof shouldn't be allowed irrespective of who brought him in as VP.

Which security meeting did the ghost worker (Sambo) attend?

In this government, there is division of labour, Osinbajo may have been attending to other issues.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2015
“Now, we have someone who has been in luxury virtually all his life, attaining the position of VP and some people are clamouring for his presence in highly sensitive talks."

This is absolute balderdash. What does his life of luxury have to with pressing security issues? So only those who grew up in poverty and want should be present in highly sensitive talks. Nonsense!

All those in the security meetings are all military people and will be looking at things from the same military perspective. Sometimes it is good to let someone with a totally different background give his own perspective of things. Osinbajo might be able to suggest some ways of tackling our security challenges that is not obvious to the military men who are already set in their ways.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
midolian:
what is this one saying? Did u read @ all?

..to the bottom sir...

those security chiefs can ask buhari to excuse his VP cos he's "a mere commissioner" ...anytin else?

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Bizibi(m): 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2015
He is still a commissioner,he hasn't attained the quality of a VP.....

19 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by PointB: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
“Everyone knows the VP has been loyal to Tinubu for decades and he cannot swear that he would not divulge details of these security meetings to his political godfather.

So Tinubu want to use a 'mere commissioner' to spy on Federal Republic of Nigeria? He has to try harder.

Mr Commissioner, I hope you are ready for the stimulation ? cheesy cheesy cheesy

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Tallesty1:
Respects him much but cannot trust him with information yet

That's a big slap on his face.
He is a commissioner naaa

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Dreambeat: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
Very silly excuses.chai this man don suffer.i guess the oligarchs don't trust where he is coming from lipsrsealed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2015
“The truth is that the military hierarchy would not even feel comfortable saying some things in his presence.

“I can tell you that they respect Prof Osinbajo as VP, but they cannot trust him with information yet."
Chai, this is embarrassing to the office of the VP. Osinbajo need to be a real man

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by PointB: 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
Bizibi:
He is still a commissioner,he hasn't attained the quality of a VP.....

lol,

Commissioner is given, VP is earned! cheesy grin

lwkmd

24 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

Which security meeting did the ghost worker (Sambo) attend?

In this government, there is division of labour, Osinbajo may have been attending to other issues.
Which important issues is the commissioner attending to

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) / Explosion Rocks Benin, Houses Destroyed / Laetitia Naankang Dagan's Last Moments On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.