Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,570 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. (47776 Views)

Charlyboy, Dino Melaye, Murray-Bruce Tape Their Mouths To Support 'NJIKO' / PDP Congresses: Saraki Shuts Senate For One Week / Trump Bad Mouths Nigeria Again, Calls Buhari 'insensible'. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by ruffDiamond: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
PStacks:
Its very glaring Saraki knows relevant sections of the constitution to invoke..

That guy is well read, very polished and very articulate.
well read I would nt go near that bush fake doctor for anything buKOLE JUDAS SARAKU
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
zenith4biz:
I only pity Buhari

Fighting corruption with this Senate is an herculean task

Of apc tries any nonsense with this Senate Buhari and osinbanjo would be impeached getting pdp back to power

Tinubu accept my condolence it shall be well

Ok. Some of you are beginning to understand why Tinubu was against Saraki from the start.
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
It would be difficult to get another senate presidency election... This guys should wait for the right time to impeach Saraki.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by AnneMomoh: 6:57pm On Jun 11, 2015
kingofpool:
p

papilo?
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by stigman(m): 6:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
pure2012soul:

Na arrogance dey worry dem

Common house leadership is tearing them apart what will happen when they start sharing contracts, I have not seen any sign of heaven and earth they promise us, there is no fuel in this country and they are not even saying anything about it, change my a.ss

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by PassingShot(m): 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2015
zenith4biz:
I only pity Buhari

Of apc tries any nonsense with this Senate Buhari and osinbanjo would be impeached getting pdp back to power

Do you know what it takes to impeach the president of Nigeria?
PDP plus the renegade Saraki supporters do not have the required number.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Orikinla(m): 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2015
We can all see the political fallacy and political hypocrisy of Nigerian politicians.
President Muhammadu Buhari is like a good shepherd surrounded by many wolves in sheep clothing. Judas Iscariot was among the apostles who cleared the path for Jesus' triumphant entry into Jerusalem and later betrayed Him.

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
Those Men want nothing good for the country. Revolution will end it all if they try to discourage the efforts of this Administration to make Nigeria free from corruption, unemployment and security.

All trekkers get ready to trek Abuja if there is any delay in passing an important bill. Drama in Nigeria

The show has began.

God Bless Nigeria
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Wildrage: 7:04pm On Jun 11, 2015
The hurriedly scheduled meeting with the president was to forestall the inevitable, if the cards were stacked in their favour they wouldn't have bothered seeking the intervention of the president in what was supposed to be a strict legislative procedure. The scheduled meeting was strictly a partisan party affair that should not ordinarily interfere with the order of proceedings in the house. It smacks of sheer arrogance that these clowns expected the senators from other political parties to wait and loiter around whilst they sort out their party's internal wrangling

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by kenex4ever(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
life goes on. lessons learned.
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by chibaic(m): 7:06pm On Jun 11, 2015
all you tinubu pets should go and leak your wounds because the house has elected whom to lead them in the next four years,all you need to do is to be submissive to your leader better

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Lyndylove: 7:08pm On Jun 11, 2015
Lol. I love that statement, 'I run you out of order'. Talk about authority

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Inoknowbook: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2015
For those saying that fighting corruption will now be tough with Saraki at the helm of things in the senate, nothing could be farther from the truth as that. The president, obviously, does not need the legislature to fight corruption, all the laws that he needs are already there in the book. It is just for him to enforce them. The problem with Nigeria has never been the dearth of necessary laws for the fight against corruption, rather, it has always been the lack of zeal/ desire on the part of our leadership to enforce the law. We have in this country a plethora of laws that adequately addresses corruption. So, if buhari or apc fails to fight corruption, they shouldn't hide under such lame of an excuse. We don't need new laws, we need the enforcement of the existing ones.

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by kenex4ever(m): 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
meforyou1:
APC senators were not meeting with the president. They were sitting at at ICC waiting for the president. And watching the proceedings on TV. Can these APC senators say the truth for once
truest of all

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by mbulela: 7:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
I have a very simple question ;
You mean these 51 guys and ladies were at the ICC and no one from the assembly building called to tell them what was happening there?
I struggle to understand this blindsiding.

6 Likes

Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by wasuka14(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
Sarakis rubbed APC's n PDPis are jubilating. Well, Only in baba I trust #OnlyInBabaITrust
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 7:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
You mean, these old fools are still stealing our oil money?
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by sheymoni(m): 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
zenith4biz:
I only pity Buhari

My brother, impeaching a sitting president is not as easy as you think. The day saraki tries any funny move against buhari will be his end. Have you thought of locking up the national assembly & making it accessible to only APC members to facilitate saraki's impeachment? Do you also realise that it is not all PDP senators that are comfortable with saraki as senate president. Only 28 of 49 voted for him in the mock election pdp conducted
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by dantewest: 7:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Well, I don't really understand the fracas to be honest. But someone with a backbone and balls, I like
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by blesoh(f): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
stigman:
Shey na una get nigeria, una want them to wait for una to finish una meeting before the election will take place as owners of nigeria abi
that was exactly my thoughts.
They think no cock can crow as they are almighty APC so their slaves pdp will wait for them.
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by mbulela: 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Vanellope:

Ok. Some of you are beginning to understand why Tinubu was against Saraki from the start.
Utter crap.
He was only against him for the sake of his expanding fiefdom.
All the senators are crooks with no interest of the masses at heart. All 109 of them are impediment to change. It does not matter the acronym the come under.
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by koladebrainiac(m): 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
During the first plenary session of the eighth Senate Bukola Saraki ruled out of order those senators who dared to question the points of order in the Senate presidency election process.

Saraki rules out of order Marafa and Gemade during the very first plenary session of 8th NASS.

Senator Kabir Marafa, representing Zamfara state, and Senator Barnabas Gemade, representing Benue North-East, were both ruled out of order by Bukola Saraki during the first plenary session in the Senate.

Addressing the Senate, Senator Marafa  told: “while I was away and a lot of other members of this Senate, especially of APC extraction attending a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari, this Senate went ahead to commence the process of inauguration, thereby infringing on my rights and privileges as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by disenfranchising me and my colleagues from participating in the election of the Presiding Officers of this Senate.”

He added that “more strange is the news item that the Senate was inaugurated with 57 members and the 51 Senators-elect absent.”

However, he was abruptly interrupted by Saraki, who accused Marafa of being out of order, stating that “you must have previous discussion with the President of the Senate and … this did not happen. Based on that, I think I have to rule you out of order.”

Senator Barnabas Gemade of Benue North-East, who objected to the manner in which the Senate president had ruled Marafa out of order, describing it as as “abrupt and too casual“, was also ruled out of order by Bukola Saraki.

At the same time, Senator Mohammed Danjuma Goje, representing Gombe Central and known to be one of Saraki’s supporters, commented on Marafa’s claims as follows: “what happened at the Senate during Saraki’s election was in compliance with the Constitution, … therefore, let it be on record that whoever decided to go for another meeting is on his own.”

Senator Bukola Saraki, the ex-governor of Kwara state and the senator representing Kwara Central, was elected as the new president of the Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria two days ago.

Senator Saraki saluted President Buhari for remaining ‘steadfast’ in his defence of the right of the National Assembly to choose its own leaders.

Reacting to Saraki’s election, Muhammadu Buhari simply said he “noted the outcome of the just-concluded election of leaders of the National Assembly."

http://www.naij.com/458563-saraki-shuts-mouths-disagreeable-senators.html

Cc: lalasticlala
they should have said,mr senate president before u rule me out of order-let it be on record that....
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by stigman(m): 7:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
blesoh:

that was exactly my thoughts.
They think no cock can crow as they are almighty APC so their slaves pdp will wait for them.

They know what we want to hear that's why they are acting this drama, I don't believe they will take us to where we want to be, they are all scammers
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by wasuka14(m): 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
POS101: succinctly ans dis wit cogent reason. Bukola APC elected to become Senate President by PDP members. Amid protest frm APC senators n Party Leaders. Wic party did Bukola belong to now
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Masculity(m): 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
stigman:

Apc has nothing for this country but their own selfish intreast, fuel no dey this country, this is the 11th day of buhari in office o and he has not done anything about fuel matter, the house will resume on 23rd no ministerial list yet, na that one go even bring fight

let them try and do something meaningful for thid country time is not by thier side. 100 days will determine thier capability.
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Abeyjide: 7:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
saraki is sitting on a gun powder and i foresee him being impeached by PDP.what he did to them will be a pay back time.is a matter of time
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by klax(m): 7:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hustoto:
Meaning of "rule out of order"
1) SHUT UP
2) KEEP QUIET.

Can people help me add more to the meaning?

3.PARK WELL
4. SIT DOWN
5.F U C K OFF
6.NOT RELEVANT
7. SSSSHHHHAAAARRRRAAAPPP!!!
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by stigman(m): 7:38pm On Jun 11, 2015
Masculity:

let them try and do something meaningful for thid country time is not by thier side. 100 days will determine thier capability.

Na from aroma of soup u go know if it will be delicious or not
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by grabs(m): 7:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=IYANGBALI post=34669849]we know people like you who never wanted PMB to be there. Sorry to disappoint you the man is gonna fok your asss real hard for the next four years,so go get your vaseline ready tongue[/quo

You risk spending 14yrs in prison with this your ass tendency. Be warned.
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by Masculity(m): 7:46pm On Jun 11, 2015
stigman:

Na from aroma of soup u go know if it will be delicious or not

lol. Some do give false aroma. Time shall tel
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by stigman(m): 7:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
Masculity:

lol. Some do give false aroma. Time shall tel

Lol
Re: Saraki Shuts Mouths Of Disagreeable Senators.. by favourelisha(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thank sir,saraki you dey sharp!.Abeg barman give me 1 bottle of champagne,make i[sub][/sub]sip don't mind d dullard wey think say dey get naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Cabinet List: Akpabio, Aregbesola, Ambode May Get Seats, Presidency Explains / Godwin Hosea, Bullet Proof Manufacturer- Policeman Decorated With New Rank:Photo / Hottest African First Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.