Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice (3775 Views)

See Why Bmw And Mercedes Build Similar Cars / Toyota Camry Muscle Vs. Honda Accord Evil Spirit / Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hello House,

I'm looking into purchasing either Land Rover (LR3) Naija Used or Foreign Tokunbo Honda Accord (Evil Spirit) or Mercedes Benz Cls (Naija Used). Please which of the above is preferable and why?. Thanks.
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Raymie(m): 8:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
This 1 is beyond comparing apples and oranges. Na banana, coconut and cucumber comparison b this.

1 Like

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by DGD1(m): 8:43pm On Jun 11, 2015
Raymie:
This 1 is beyond comparing apples and oranges. Na banana, coconut and cucumber comparison b this.

we need to consult the oracle.
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by nurey(m): 7:40am On Jun 12, 2015
michaelcu:
Hello House,

I'm looking into purchasing either Land Rover (LR3) Naija Used or Foreign Tokunbo Honda Accord (Evil Spirit) or Mercedes Benz Cls (Naija Used). Please which of the above is preferable and why?. Thanks.

first of all, since you have seen this ride, u should have told us the year you looking at. but since you asked for advice, I will give you my own

the LR3 nah machine but be ready to fuel her, besides a tokunbo range rover is not issue free not to talk of a Nigerian used, the LR3 would be like a new born baby with multiple infection be ready to spend hugely on it

merc CLS500, a machine in the making, lovely probably what the paSsat cc was derieved from, a chick magnet and a respecter on road but are you ready to keep it in top shape, are you ready to fuel her, take care of her using professional engineers not kazeem. if your priorities ain't many, you can enjoy life with this ride.

Evil Spirit (accord 08-12) it's a badass vehicle continuing the reliable and differential luxury left by the EOD and DC easy to use and maintain if the right things are put in place. I have never seen one with the leg pull syndrome experienced by hondas. the evil spirit would be my pick as a first car user out of the three.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by chucky234(m): 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
nurey:

first of all, since you have seen this ride, u should have told us the year you looking at. but since you asked for advice, I will give you my own

the LR3 nah machine but be ready to fuel her, besides a tokunbo range rover is not issue free not to talk of a Nigerian used, the LR3 would be like a new born baby with multiple infection be ready to spend hugely on it

merc CLS500, a machine in the making, lovely probably what the paSsat cc was derieved from, a chick magnet and a respecter on road but are you ready to keep it in top shape, are you ready to fuel her, take care of her using professional engineers not kazeem. if your priorities ain't many, you can enjoy life with this ride.

Evil Spirit (accord 08-12) it's a badass vehicle continuing the reliable and differential luxury left by the EOD and DC easy to use and maintain if the right things are put in place. I have never seen one with the leg pull syndrome experienced by hondas. the evil spirit would be my pick as a first car user out of the three.
You have said it all.
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Nobody: 12:24am On Jun 13, 2015
Wew!! Thanks for the detailed explanation, noted. lol @ chick magnet in regards to the CLS500. I really appreciate this and God bless.

nurey:

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Nobody: 1:28am On Jun 15, 2015
michaelcu:
Wew!! Thanks for the detailed explanation, noted. lol @ chick magnet in regards to the CLS500. I really appreciate this and God bless.

The CLS 500 is a luxury car, it seats only 4 and it has a very powerful V8 engine and has the benz Airmatic shocks which cost an arm and a leg to fix when it goes bad.

You have to be really loaded and have a good workshop do the servicing and maintenance not a roadside mechanic.

All the Best!

3 Likes

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by themodernman: 5:55am On Jun 15, 2015
Raymie:

Are the fruits respectively to the car list or in no particular order?
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2015
nurey:

I beg to differ, The LR3 is the best of all the 3 cars although expensive to maintain once it has a fault but very durable and its issues hardly ever have to do with the engine... I use one at the moment.... with a 2013 Honda accord.... Very fragile on Nigerian roads and the maintainance is almost twice that of the LR3 ... I have friends who sold theirs cos of certain electrical issues in The CLS model... As for the honda.... I have used the 2009 at some point and it was very very reliable and rarely gave me issues but i never drove it on Lagos roads.... Even now, My Honda is in Abuja whilst i travel more with the LR3... Trust me of the 3, LR is the best bet... Below are Pictures... The honda pic was taken at Kubwa extension

2 Likes

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by nurey(m): 7:40pm On Aug 07, 2015
krispycash:

I beg to differ, The LR3 is the best of all the 3 cars although expensive to maintain once it has a fault but very durable and its issues hardly ever have to do with the engine... I use one at the moment.... with a 2013 Honda accord.... Very fragile on Nigerian roads and the maintainance is almost twice that of the LR3 ... I have friends who sold theirs cos of certain electrical issues in The CLS model... As for the honda.... I have used the 2009 at some point and it was very very reliable and rarely gave me issues but i never drove it on Lagos roads.... Even now, My Honda is in Abuja whilst i travel more with the LR3... Trust me of the 3, LR is the best bet... Below are Pictures... The honda pic was taken at Kubwa extension

you gave the op a late response but aside that, I am entitled to my opinion. the worst car of the lot is still the LR3, even I will pick a vogue, RR sport and an evoque to that rubbish LR3. has the worst reliability of the lot I have seen many abandoned in mechanic workshop sitting on the tires with K-leg looking for who to buy air shocks for it.

besides I didn't ask him not to buy it, I only gave him a scenario he would face on a Nigerian used Rover cars. And still you comparing maintenance of a V8 engine to an I4 or V6, asides that a tokunbo evil spirit is more expensive or on par to a Nigerian used LR3

1 Like

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 08, 2015
nurey:

you gave the op a late response but aside that, I am entitled to my opinion. the worst car of the lot is still the LR3, even I will pick a vogue, RR sport and an evoque to that rubbish LR3. has the worst reliability of the lot I have seen many abandoned in mechanic workshop sitting on the tires with K-leg looking for who to buy air shocks for it.

besides I didn't ask him not to buy it, I only gave him a scenario he would face on a Nigerian used Rover cars. And still you comparing maintenance of a V8 engine to an I4 or V6, asides that a tokunbo evil spirit is more expensive or on par to a Nigerian used LR3

Point taken but i am talking from a more practical approach... The truth as i stated earlier, the LR is expensive to maintain, but you would hardly find fake parts for that vehicle, only brand new and tokunbo... I have used mine for well over 8 months and it hasnt given me any issues... The reason why u see cars parked at mechanics is caused by two things, range cars are built to last, the engines hardly give issues and they rarely give electrical issues.. The fact that u see it parked in a workshop means the user hardly maintains it(servicing at the proper time) and probably the guy cant afford to maintain it...

I dont have a problem with the Honda bt i can assure u that with Lagos roads, I can bet it with u that u will start hearing sounds at the joints and having absorber issues in six months of driving within lag... And u will find that the Honda has more fake parts in the market than any other car u can imagine, I know this from experience... U might have to change absorbers 4 - 5 times before u eventually get an original... besides these cars are very low to the ground each time u ride into a pothole u dont see quick enough u tend to start having wheel issues...

The Vogue and the RR are hardly offroaders... thats y they would advice strongly against u washing the engine of a vogue or rr... But the LR is built for rugged terrains... Please do ur findings about these products and understand them more...

LR is in the same class with a Benz... but like u said, u are entitled to ur opinion...

2 Likes

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by abatically(m): 7:59am On Aug 08, 2015
krispycash:

Point taken but i am talking from a more practical approach... The truth as i stated earlier, the LR is expensive to maintain, but you would hardly find fake parts for that vehicle, only brand new and tokunbo... I have used mine for well over 8 months and it hasnt given me any issues... The reason why u see cars parked at mechanics is caused by two things, range cars are built to last, the engines hardly give issues and they rarely give electrical issues.. The fact that u see it parked in a workshop means the user hardly maintains it(servicing at the proper time) and probably the guy cant afford to maintain it...

I dont have a problem with the Honda bt i can assure u that with Lagos roads, I can bet it with u that u will start hearing sounds at the joints and having absorber issues in six months of driving within lag... And u will find that the Honda has more fake parts in the market than any other car u can imagine, I know this from experience... U might have to change absorbers 4 - 5 times before u eventually get an original... besides these cars are very low to the ground each time u ride into a pothole u dont see quick enough u tend to start having wheel issues...

The Vogue and the RR are hardly offroaders... thats y they would advice strongly against u washing the engine of a vogue or rr... But the LR is built for rugged terrains... Please do ur findings about these products and understand them more...

LR is in the same class with a Benz... but like u said, u are entitled to ur opinion...

Bros, that there are no fake parts for the LR3 doesn't mean it is built to last mkre than the honda. U can also get geunine parts for the honda and I can guarantee u that u won't hear any squeecking sound. The LR is the more premium car of course and it is more expensive. Also it is way more expensive to maintain, if u don't make enough money don't even bother buying it.

But the issue of parts is another thing. Honda has lots of fake parts, but that is up to the owner if he wants fake parts or original. U can get shock absorbers for as low as N14,000 for the 2 front. But the genuine one would cost about 60k, it is called choice. U can't blame honda because owners choose to buy fake parts. Nonetheless, the geunine one is nothing compared to the price of air shocks.
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by nurey(m): 8:05am On Aug 08, 2015
krispycash:

my brother I have not in any way discredit the range rover, what i said is a Nigerian used LR3. The LR3 has the worst fuel economy in the LOT highway of 16, city and combined lower and you know the kind roads we have in Nigeria. The CLS and the LR3 can't be compared too much they are of different class.

Please note at the LR3 is not the only offroad vehicle in the Rover LOT, the range rover sport is a capable offroader I have watched a comparison of the RR with a G-Wagon and only ahead of the benz cause it's suspension and wheel locking was automated and it had cameras on all tyre sides while the G-wagon uses manual control.

The LR3 is targeted as a family offroader reason why it has a 3rd row seat while the RR is just a offroad capable SUV.
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 08, 2015
nurey:

my brother I have not in any way discredit the range rover, what i said is a Nigerian used LR3. The LR3 has the worst fuel economy in the LOT highway of 16, city and combined lower and you know the kind roads we have in Nigeria. The CLS and the LR3 can't be compared too much they are of different class.

Please note at the LR3 is not the only offroad vehicle in the Rover LOT, the range rover sport is a capable offroader I have watched a comparison of the RR with a G-Wagon and only ahead of the benz cause it's suspension and wheel locking was automated and it had cameras on all tyre sides while the G-wagon uses manual control.

The LR3 is targeted as a family offroader reason why it has a 3rd row seat while the RR is just a offroad capable SUV.
True that... True that
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by olagoldclearing(m): 1:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
michaelcu:
Hello House,

I will advice u too go for Benz class C230-2005 or Benz E320-2004 4matic from America or Europe low price from autoexport if u need more advice call me on 09055744737 Mr olaclearing agent.

1 Like

Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by crownard(m): 11:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
1NXBR32E98Z979963
Re: Land Rover (lr3),honda Accord(evil Spirit)and Mercedes Benz Cls 500(used).advice by Nobody: 12:02am On Jan 13, 2017
LR3 would be "my" choice of the lot, followed by the Honda and never would I consider the Benz.

What you guys are doing to these luxury sports sedan from Mercedes, Audi and BMW is sacrilegious and will definitely cause Hans or Adolf to have a heart attack.

Please don't kill me because of my opinion, it was solicited grin

(1) (Reply)

HELP! My 190E Drinks Fuel Like A Frog / Verified Uber / Bolt Drivers Available / How To Terrify Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.