Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,585 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Afro American Migration To The Motherland - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Afro American Migration To The Motherland (8593 Views)

Culture... Leaving Our Motherland / Biafra: Igbo Vs Niger Delta Migration In 100years Time (photos) / Afro-centrism: The Most Potent Form Of Self Hate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: Afro American Migration To The Motherland by barwaaqo: 3:08am On Aug 03, 2015
Rivertemz:

I really like how you think, especially when you mentioned more african influence in architecture. That's a thought that has crossed my mind.
but please before you do plan on moving, think wisely about the economic advantage you could benefit from and help improve in a specific country.

first of all, what intrigues you about senegal or botswana, two very different regions.
Im not surprised you didn't say Nigeria, even if it was a tourist attraction, it's a competitive place to make a type of living, Nigerians are very sharp and decisive, it's alot harder to make wealth in Nigeria, because everyone else is making money and hustling fast compared to black people in America. We don't play games in Nigeria.

Do realize you would either be starting from bottom up or have at least several connections with wealthy people in the places you're interested in.

Senegal, I have a connection there I'm very interested in learning more about the Diola people and their traditional spiritual practices, not to mention a hero of mine Cheikh Diop is from there. Niokolo Koba National Park and the saloum delta also have my interest, plenty of rivers abound in Senegal. There's other little things like the house of slaves museum, the museum of african arts and the african renaissance monument that let me know the ideology there isn't too white washed undecided. The only small drawback for me is becoming efficient in french. Botswana, I'd like to study wildlife in that region the animals in the okavango delta are MAJESTIC the lions look like they could eat a jeep. Botswana is also another place politically stable enough for me to set long term goals without disruption interfering with the plans I have.

There's other reasons and I won't divulge all of them but yeah those two are pretty high on my list.
Re: Afro American Migration To The Motherland by Horus(m): 2:52pm On May 11, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBsHVrQ_3c

14 Black Americans who Relocated to Africa talk about living in the US Vs Africa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Mangu Arna" - An Insult To The Cultural Heritage Of Plateau Heritage / The Ijebu Vs Jebusite / What Ndoki People Say About Themselves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.