Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs (1721 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) / NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by ImperialYoruba: 5:07am On Jun 12, 2015
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency has arrested a 38-year-old man, Godfrey Nwoye, at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, for concealing 1.283 kilogrammes of cannabis sativa inside garri on his way to Guangzhou, China.
Mr. Nwoye, who hails from Ukpommili Village in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, said he wanted to sell the cannabis in China and use the proceeds to buy goods.
Another suspect, Samuel Anele, a commercial tricycle rider aboard a flight to Bombay, India, was arrested with 4.892 kilogrammes of methamphetamine, the NDLEA said in a statement Wednesday.
Mr. Anele, 45, and other suspects were arrested for offences ranging from concealing illicit drugs in their luggage to ingesting the drugs, according to the NDLEA said.
The suspects were arrested on their way to Turkey, China, and Hong Kong with 8.876kg of various narcotic drugs.
“The suspects are helping our team of investigators,” said Nsikak-Abasi Udoh, NDLEA commander at the Enugu Airport.
Mr. Anele was caught with 4.892kg concealed in false bottom of his luggage aboard an Ethiopian Airline on the Enugu-Addis Ababa-Bombay route.
“Life is not fair to me. Every day it is one problem after another and the money I earn is not enough,” said Mr. Anele, from Ichi village, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State.
“It was frustration that made me to smuggle drugs. They promised me that the drug has been properly hidden and that when I return they will pay me the sum of one million naira.
“At the airport, my bag was searched and the drug detected. Now I am now left alone to suffer.”
The other suspects, Emmanuel Chukwuebuka, was caught with 1.293kg of cocaine on his way to Istanbul, Turkey; and Eric Ukaeji was found with 1.408kg of cocaine on his way to Hong Kong.
Mr. Chukwuebuka, 31, hails from Ezioko in Orumba North Local Government Area of Anambra State. He ingested 1.293kg of substances that tested positive for cocaine. He was to depart Enugu to Istanbul through Addis Ababa on an Ethiopian Airline flight.
His reason for trafficking in drugs was to raise more money for his business, according to the NDLEA.
The suspect said that he would have received US$ 3,000 on arrival in Turkey. He is married with a child.
Mr. Ukaeji, 43, who hails from Ajali in Orumba Local Government Area of Anambra State ingested cocaine weighing 1.408 kilograms.
His route is Enugu-Addis Ababa-Hong Kong on an Ethiopian Airline, the NDLEA said.
Mr. Ukaeji said that he wanted to raise money for his business and the treatment of his sick daughter.
“I used to buy clothes from Hong Kong. I am married with three children. I dropped out of school in Junior Secondary class 3,” said Mr. Ukaeji.
“They promised to pay me 5,000 dollars on delivery in Hong Kong which I would have used to buy goods.”
Ahmadu Giade, the NDLEA Chairman, said that the Agency would continue to step up security checks at the nation’s entry and exit points.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/184795-ndlea-arrests-nigerians-travelling-to-china-turkey-others-with-illicit-drugs.html

3 Likes

Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by eleko1: 5:13am On Jun 12, 2015
Some pipu behave like ROBOT sad una no dey hear .How I wish NDLEA look the oda way/pretend dey nor see those useless drug courier,dey shud let dem go to their death sad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by Emekamex(m): 5:28am On Jun 12, 2015
Another IQ reduction thread. @Op get a life, it seems you guys gain some euphoria whenever igbos are mentioned.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by fulanimafia: 5:44am On Jun 12, 2015
PMB should order an emergency intervention at that airport. With this large number of criminals running out to be hanged like chickens and to disgrace our dear country, many more might be escaping the security agents.

If need be, the airport should be closed for re-evaluation of its economic feasibility since most transactions it facilitates are criminal, or converted to a cargo airport.

5 drug traffickers in 1 report all from 1 airport.

What criminal backwardness!

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by amanze15(m): 6:12am On Jun 12, 2015
Hmmm cry
Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by omenka(m): 6:34am On Jun 12, 2015
@ ImperialYoruba: I'm sorry but I have to call the attention of the mods to this thread. Though no one doubts the veracity of its content, purpose is negative and the title provocative. Before you know what's happening, a dozen counter threads would be created and this board would be transformed into a huge pile of rubbish.

There are more important things to discuss.

Tribalism should have no place in this forum, and can be seen recently on this board, it is fast fading away- don't revive it. Every single tribe has its fair share of goods and evils. Pointless poking hands in each other's eyes.

Hope you'd understand.

Cc: Ishilove, Lalasticlala.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by Ishilove: 8:05am On Jun 12, 2015
Please post ontopic always. Defaulters will be swiftly and heavily sanctioned.

In addition, folks please use the 'report' button to report offensive posts. It is a powerful tool in curbing the excesses of those who insist on stirring the fires of tribal bigotry and intolerance.
Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by vedaxcool(m): 8:20am On Jun 12, 2015
This is uncalled for, I urge our yoruba brethren to be the bigger man in all this tribalistic insolence. I urge the op to change the title of his thread.
Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by j1mmy: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2015
should I bother to read the whole story before I bet some money with my friend here that IGBO people are involved!
Re: NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs by j1mmy: 8:27am On Jun 12, 2015
vedaxcool:
This is uncalled for, I urge our yoruba brethren to be the bigger man in all this tribalistic insolence. I urge the op to change the title of his thread.

Bigger than "tribalistic insolence" when IGBO people are seriously destroying the Nigerian passport all over the world and making it difficult for other Nigerians to travel in peace!

Yes, I also urdge the op to change the title of his thread to "NDLEA arrests IGBOs travelling to China, Turkey with illicit drugs"
The title of Nigeria is unfair to other tribes who are not prevalent in this filthy crime!

Lets be fair!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Man ‘beheads’ Niece In Ikare -akoko,ondo State For Blood Money / Shocking! Photo Of Female Student Murdered With Heart Missing After Visiting A S / Hilarious Conversations Between Two Weed Smokers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.