Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug (23066 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / NDLEA Arrests South African-based Nigerian With Drugs (Pictured) / NDLEA arrests Nigerians travelling to China, Turkey, others, with illicit drugs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by SleekyP(m): 2:10pm On Jun 11, 2015
NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey, Others, With Various Illicit Drugs At Enugu Airport

SleekyP:
PHOTO CREDIT: PREMIUM TIMES

A 38-year-old man, Godfrey Nwoye, has been arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, for concealing 1.283 kilogrammes of cannabis sativa inside garri en route Guangzhou, China.

The culprit, who hails from Ukpommili Village in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, said he wanted to sell the cannabis in China and use the proceeds to buy goods.

Another suspect, Samuel Anele, a commercial tricycle rider, who was about to board a flight to Bombay, India, was arrested with 4.892 kilogrammes of methamphetamine, the NDLEA said in a statement Wednesday.

Mr. Anele, 45, and other suspects were arrested for offences ranging from concealing illicit drugs in their luggage to ingesting the drugs, the NDLEA said.

The suspects were arrested on their way to Turkey, China, and Hong Kong with 8.876kg of various illicit drugs.

According to the NDLEA Commander at Enugu Airport, Nsikak-Abasi Udoh “The suspects are helping our team of investigators”.

Mr. Anele was caught with 4.892kg concealed in false bottom of his luggage aboard an Ethiopian Airline on the Enugu-Addis Ababa-Bombay route.

“Life is not fair to me. Every day it is one problem after another and the money I earn is not enough,” said Mr. Anele, from Ichi village, Ekwusigo Local Government Area of Anambra State.

“It was frustration that made me to smuggle drugs. They promised me that the drug has been properly hidden and that when I return they will pay me the sum of one million naira.

“At the airport, my bag was searched and the drug detected. Now I am now left alone to suffer”, he lamented.

The other suspects, Emmanuel Chukwuebuka, was caught with 1.293kg of cocaine on his way to Istanbul, Turkey; while Eric Ukaeji was arrested with 1.408kg of cocaine on his way to Hong Kong.

Mr. Chukwuebuka, 31, who is married with a child and hails Ezioko in Orumba North Local Government Area of Anambra State, ingested 1.293kg of substances that tested positive for cocaine. He was to depart Enugu to Istanbul through Addis Ababa on an Ethiopian Airline flight before he was nabbed.

His reason for trafficking in drugs was to raise more money for his business, according to the NDLEA.

If he had successfully trafficked the drug, he would have received US$ 3,000 on arrival in Turkey.

Mr. Ukaeji, 43, who hails from Ajali in Orumba Local Government Area of Anambra State ingested cocaine weighing 1.408 kilograms.

According to the NDLEA, his route was Enugu-Addis Ababa-Hong Kong on an Ethiopian Airline.

I his confession, Mr. Ukaeji said he wanted to raise money for his business and the treatment of his sick daughter.

“I used to buy clothes from Hong Kong. I am married with three children. I dropped out of school in Junior Secondary class 3”, said Mr. Ukaeji.

“They promised to pay me 5,000 dollars on delivery in Hong Kong, which I would have used to buy goods”, he added.

NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade, said that the Agency would continue to step up security checks at the nation’s entry and exit points.

Source:http://www.informationng.com/2015/06/ndlea-arrests-nigerians-travelling-to-china-turkey-others-with-various-illicit-drugs-at-enugu-airport.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by SleekyP(m): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2015
Good Move! cool
Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by bankyblue(m): 2:12pm On Jun 11, 2015
long and short of this story is that PMB will be shorting down the Eungu airport for now.
we can allow federal property to be used like this, anyway we didnt even get any vote from that state in the first place. angry

i for those that will quote and attack me, u re wlc.

15 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by Aminat508(f): 2:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
Good for dem.....a won omoale jatijati undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by SleekyP(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
Aminat508:
Good for dem.....a won omoale jatijati undecided
grin grin

8 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by LAfricana(m): 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
sad sad sad

There's another side tothis story, a government that has failed its people angry

very easy to readily accuse those peeps of wrong doings... yes, they were undecided..

but stooping that low, shows how bad nigeria has bleeped us... *sighs*

Check out www.africanwatch.net for lastest international Scholarships for Nigerians, and keep tabs with latest happenings in Africa

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by instaforexngr(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
good one by NDLEA

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by sunnydayasaba(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
See hustle men...Anambra and drug hustle. Now that Enugu Airport is closer, more drug barons will be recruiting moles anyhow now.

Gud job NDLEA, they would've never returned if they where caught in Asia

16 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by corkpikin(m): 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2015

“I used to buy clothes from Hong Kong. I am married with three children. I dropped out of school in Junior Secondary class 3”, said Mr. Ukaeji.

“They promised to pay me 5,000 dollars on delivery in Hong Kong, which I would have used to buy goods”, he added

angry angry For me to believe you, I will believe Bukky I mean Saraki or Buruji Kashamu you are a professional in this profession

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by niopuiui: 2:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
But wait . . dont they know its Capital punishment when they get caught? undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by gbaskiboy: 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
Na wa oo, I thought change is here
Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by gmoni2(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
What is wrong with our people?

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by AKMoney1(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
China? angry
Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by kay29000(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
na wa o! Don't these people ever learn? Don't they watch TV, or read Nairaland and see the number of people that are caught with drugs every month? And yet they go ahead and do the same thing. Anyway,if you have problem lasting long in bed, hit me up on BBM- 7C22F6EC.

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by CR77(f): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
Good job guys

They never learn

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by ozsilo: 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
Thank your stars you were not arrested in china

7 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by rifasenate11(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
The poster above me shaa. What's concerns your post to the topic, anyways some particular peoples will be claiming that their tribe is the wisest while they keep being the weakest and most boisterous. Because of that insolence they lost the NASS inauguration

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by instaforexngr(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
unrepentant criminals,
despite the several warnings about drug trafficking

5 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by eliwa47(m): 2:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
well done ndlea
Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by Daniel058(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Strong tin for sharp guys.... Just peeping from my farm...
Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by alaoeri: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Its their way ain't surprise at all, those ppl & drug trafficking are inseparable.

6 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by Burger01(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
I came to check the names and it's business as usual. These industrious people nor dey tire cheesy

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by DickDastardly(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Behead them all angry

1 Like

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by AKMoney1(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
bankyblue:
long and short of this story is that PMB will be shorting down the Eungu airport for now.
we can allow federal property to be used like this, anyway we didnt even get any vote from that state in the first place. angry

i for those that will quote and attack me, u re wlc.

What are saying?
How hot is the sun today Bro?

It is well. grin

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by iyatrustee(f): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
They never learn!

2 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by tunde1200(m): 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
A 38-year-old man, Godfrey Nwoye,

ALWAYS THEM

18 Likes

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by asumo12: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
shocked shocked

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NDLEA Arrests Nigerians Travelling To China, Turkey With Various Illicit Drug by DjHypno(m): 2:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
Hmmnn... The hardworking tribe again?

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Jigawa State (Disturbing Photo) / Man Commits Suicide In Church In Malawi Over Rape Accusation (Graphic Photo) / 35-Year-Old Man Defiles 2-Year-Old Daughter In Lagos. Wife Exposes Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.