Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Which One Is Correct??? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which One Is Correct??? (2780 Views)

Why Can't I Correct A Pastor? / Where Is The Correct Place To Pay Our Tithes / With All Of The Different Religions, How Can I Know Which One Is Correct? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which One Is Correct??? by malvisguy212: 11:05am On Jun 12, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

or maybe he used his own blood
God is a spirit.the quran were in support of this.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:13am On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
God is a spirit.the quran were in support of this.

he has no limits, he can do what he wants
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by malvisguy212: 11:18am On Jun 12, 2015
kingk:
. Good, this is your own definition...........but who did jesus say he is?...................sorry for these questions though I want us to draw a point today

Cc: obi4eze
john 1 say in the beginning was the word and the word was God.
At that time the word is IMMATERIAL
But leter on john indicate the "and the word BECAME flesh and dwell among us"
This mean the IMMATERIAL word stop being immaterial and became material and dwell among us , that word is Jesus. If you read Luke 4 the bible say God is a spirit, can a spirit dwell in the realm of human without flesh? NO one thing for sure, Jesus did not condemned people when they called him God and he ate with human. But christ is ONE person. Are you a muslims or christian? If you have any issue about the deity of our Lord, open your thread and invite me.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by kingk(m): 11:24am On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
This mean the IMMATERIAL word stop being immaterial and became material and dwell among us , that word is Jesus. If you read Luke 4 the bible say God is a spirit, can a spirit dwell in the realm of human without flesh? NO one thing for sure, Jesus did not condemned people when they called him God and he ate with human. But christ is ONE person. Are you a muslims or christian? If you have any issue about the deity of our Lord, open your. thread and invite me.
...............you haven't answer me, who did Jesus say he is?
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by kingk(m): 11:31am On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
This mean the IMMATERIAL word stop being immaterial and became material and dwell among us , that word is Jesus. If you read Luke 4 the bible say God is a spirit, can a spirit dwell in the realm of human without flesh? NO one thing for sure, Jesus did not condemned people when they called him God and he ate with human. But christ is ONE person. Are you a muslims or christian? If you have any issue about the deity of our Lord, open your thread and invite me.
.pls you havent answer me. who did jesus say he is?
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by malvisguy212: 11:33am On Jun 12, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

he has no limits, he can do what he wants
allah can do as he pleased? But he is not steady, clot? Water? Dust? The three cannot be right, don't you think?
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by malvisguy212: 11:40am On Jun 12, 2015
kingk:
are you a christian? Jesus never say directly who he was but he never condemned people for calling him God.

Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and my
God." Jesus acknowledged it as true, and commended Thomas for perceiving it, saying, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed" (John 20:28-29). Jesus expressly acknowledged that he is God,
and said that he expects all believers to
recognize that he is God.

Jesus told some Jewish leaders, "Before
Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58 KJV). This
is a statement that Jesus is eternal, and I shall discuss that aspect of it later. But it is much more than that. God had
identified himself to Moses as I AM
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by parisbookaddict(f): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2015
crusadistic:
continue recycling already refuted brainless topics sad.hope no Muslim would even answer it mtsheww

meet tartar9
www.nairaland.com/1940559/chronicles-chill-4-biblical-prophecy
the pedophile , camel piss advocate and depressed islamic jihadist.

Re: Which One Is Correct??? by kingk(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a christian? Jesus never say directly who he was but he never condemned people for calling him God.

Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and my
God." Jesus acknowledged it as true, and commended Thomas for perceiving it, saying, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed" (John 20:28-29). Jesus expressly acknowledged that he is God,
and said that he expects all believers to
recognize that he is God.

Jesus told some Jewish leaders, "Before
Abraham was, I am" (John 8:58 KJV). This
is a statement that Jesus is eternal, and I shall discuss that aspect of it later. But it is much more than that. God had
identified himself to Moses as I AM
@ bolded up, firstly I must say that 'am not ashame to bare the gospel" secondley, pls what did john 14:6 also 6:35 say?.......I so much believe what the bible say in 2timothy 2:15.........with this quotes, we can now answer if a muslem will go heaven or not. When I say muslem, not all those killing and doing all sort of evil because of ignorance but.....I true believer.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by jcross19: 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
it seems that the op is wiser than allah, because no islamic scholar can give straight answer that question op asked now all the islamic scholars on nairaland come and answer the question , if you can't invite the wisest scholars join together to solve the question mohamMAD have caused. Shame on allah
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by parisbookaddict(f): 12:23pm On Jun 12, 2015
kingk:

Here is a reply i often give to Muslims who deny Christ is one with God. It may answer your question

Again u say Christ calls himself son of man, and so. How is he incorrect. You forget he also calls himself (and is called) "son of God" dozens of time. Infact this is what led to his crucifixion since the Jews claimed he committed blasphemy. You also forget he controlled the weather instantly several times, something only God does,
your quran says;
Qur'an 4:171 "O people of the book! Commit no excesses in your
religion: nor say of God naught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son
of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which
He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: So believe
in God and His messengers..."

in contrast to truth,
(Philippians 2:5-9, NAS95) 5 Have this attitude in yourselves which
was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of
God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but
emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being
made in the likeness of men. 8 Being found in appearance as a man,
He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death,
even death on a cross. 9 For this reason also, God highly exalted Him,
and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name,

Jesus forgave sins, something only God does.
People he healed fell on their knees and worshipped him and yet he didn't say No don't worship me.
We Christians know on earth he had 2 natures human(son of man) and divine(son of God)

Your Koran says
Qur'an 4:157
They said (in boast), "we killed christ jesus the son of mary, the messenger of Allah". But they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubt, without(certain) knowledge, but only conjective to follow, for a surety they killed him not.

And

Qur'an 9: 30
"AND THE JEWS SAY, EZRA IS THE SON OF Allah, AND THE CHRISTIAN SAY: THE MESSIAH IS THE SON OF Allah, THESE ARE THE WORDS OF THEIR MOUTHS; THEY INITIATE THE SAYING OF THOSE WHO DISBELIEVED; MAY Allah DESTROY THEM; HOW THEY ARE TURNED AWAY

the bible clear tells us from a witness in Matthew 27:35, 35 And they crucified him, and parted his garments,
casting lots: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the
prophet, They parted my garments among them, and upon my
vesture did they cast lots.
1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a
stumbling block, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

In Mark 14:61-62, Jesus claimed to be the Son of Man (Daniel 7:13) and
David's Lord (Psalm 110:1)
Jesus helped people who called him Lord, and never rebuked when people worshipped him (Matthew 14:30-33)
Moreover in John 5:22-23 22 , the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, that all may honour the Son just as they honour the Father. Whoever does not honour the Son does not honour the Father, who sent him. Jesus judges us all, Jesus is one with God and the son of God. The scripture is very clear on the nature of Jesus and hours divinity. Check also Mark 11: 17-18 Mathew 11:27, 17:5,John 5:17-18 and peters answer to Christ's question about who he was in Mathew 16:16. Go to the old testament thousands of years before jesus and see the prophesy of his coming isaiah 40-3:5 for example

The scripture is also very clear in;
1 John 2:22, 'Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that
Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." Several times this term is used in the plural, and can be applied to almost anyone who is opposed to Christ. Those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are anti-Christ or of the spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4:1
beloved,believe not every spirit,but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets has gone into the world.

This is one of the ways to discern a false teacher from a true one.
In 1 Corinthians 14:33 My bible tells me in clear terms that God is not the author of confusion. There is so much confusion in Islam ask the Wahabi, Salafists, sunnis, shites alwaites, ahmedies. They kill each other because of this.

My bible also tell me in Matthew 7:15-20,“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them."
Islams fruits are rotten and that's the truth my friend.

So in conclusion;
God the father acknowledged Jesus as his son (John 17:5, Matthew 17:5 And Mark 9:7)
Jesus called himself the Son of God and one with God (Matthew 11:27)

His disciples called him the son of God.

Isaiah from the old testament prophesied about him and called him the son of God.

Angel Gabriel in the first chapter of Luke called Jesus the Son of God.

John the baptist called Jesus the son of God.

The Jews who hated him accused him of claiming he is the Son of God and one with God. Eg Mark 11: 17-18

Demons he casted out called him the son of God.

Yet u Muslims choose to believe the words of a monotheistic pagan sex addicted slave trader mass murderer illiterate Arab paedophile wife beater who came 600 years after Christ and was poisoned by a jewish woman, died after suffering for 4 years while reciting chants hoping to be cured.

May the one true God, the God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob, father of Jesus set you free when u come to him for truth.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by malvisguy212: 1:30pm On Jun 12, 2015
kingk:
@ bolded up, firstly I must say that 'am not ashame to bare the gospel" secondley, pls what did john 14:6 also 6:35 say?.......I so much believe what the bible say in 2timothy 2:15.........with this quotes, we can now answer if a muslem will go heaven or not. When I say muslem, not all those killing and doing all sort of evil because of ignorance but.....I true believer.
I am very happy to know you are a christian. You ask about "who Jesus is" what is the purpose of this question in relation on if muslims will be saved?

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the
truth and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through me.

Do muslims believe Jesus is the way to heaven?

6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of
life. Whoever comes to me will never go
hungry, and whoever believes in me will
never be thirsty.

I know muslims see this as blasphemy.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by kingk(m): 2:02pm On Jun 12, 2015
malvisguy212:
I am very happy to know you are a christian. You ask about "who Jesus is" what is the purpose of this question in relation on if muslims will be saved?

John 14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the
truth and the life. No one comes to the
Father except through me.

Do muslims believe Jesus is the way to heaven?

6:35
Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of
life. Whoever comes to me will never go
hungry, and whoever believes in me will
never be thirsty.

I know muslims see this as blasphemy.
Now in john 14:15, our lord Jesus rightly said "if ye love me, keep my commandments". And answeres a certain man again in mathew 22:37-39 saying "37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Now bro, if a muslem keep to these commandment, won't he/she make heaven?
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by Scholar8200(m): 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
kingk:
Now in john 14:15, our lord Jesus rightly said "if ye love me, keep my commandments". And answeres a certain man again in mathew 22:37-39 saying "37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

No one can keep this commandments but by the Power of the Holy Spirit after the new birth!

John 3:5
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Romans 5:5
And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Understand that all our self made righteousness without the enabling of the Holy Spirit (through faith in Jesus Christ and His sacrifice for us) are filthy rags with which no flesh will ever glory before God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which One Is Correct??? by jcross19: 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
kingk:
can anyone keep the commandment if the person don't accept jesus as christ or messiah. In john 3 vs 18 says: he that believeth on him is not condemn : but he that believeth not is condemn already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD. The word "begotten" is a big confusion in the midst of muslims with you believing part jesus and denying his son-ship that's long way to go.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by malvisguy212: 5:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
kingk:
Jesus say if you love me keep MY commandment,am sure the muslims will not agreed with this statement"MY commandment" they will say instead "God commandment" because they see Jesus as ordinary man

Firstly, what is the law, and what is its
purpose?
The law is a manifestation of the perfect
holiness of God, and was given to us
(humanity) to show how utterly unable
we are to meet God's standard by our
own means, strength or works (Romans
7:7).
When the law was introduced, it was
never intended to be the instrument by
which man would save himself, but it
was the instrument through which man
was to be saved. In a very real sense,
man is saved through the fulfilment of the law by the grace God the father bestows upon his son Jesus. But the muslims don't believe in all this (grace) that is why they show too much emphasis on there law (sharia law) by this law ,a sinner can condemned a sinner to death which is evil. But through the grace we are given second chance just like the adulterous woman. Go and sin no more 'that's Grace' .

Followed this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2173054/what-jesus-meant-fullfiled-law
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by malvisguy212: 8:38am On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
It is he who has created man from WATER -- Sura 25:54 And God has created EVERY LIVING CREATURES FROM WATER. -- Sura 24:45 We created man from SOUNDING CLAY , from mud moulded into shape. -- Sura 15:26 Amongst his signs is this, that he created you from DUST. -- Sura 30:20 Proclaim! In the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, who created - created man, out of a mere CLOT OF CONGEALED BLOOD -- Sura 96:1-2
Water,clot of blood,sounding clay, dust. Which is correct?
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by Dsaintprodigy(m): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
Allah got it all wrong?

Yep, cuz he didnt create anything. GOD did.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Correct??? by Appleyard(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
according to muslims, Allah wrote it, but why will allah say a word in one verse and later change what he say?

Surah 6:115: “The word of your Lord
is complete, in truth and justice.
NOTHING SHALL ABROGATE HIS WORD .
He is the Hearer, the
Omniscient.”

However, note the contradiction in Surah 2:106:

“Whatever verse we shall abrogate,
or cause (thee) TO FORGET , WE WILL BRING A BETTER ONE THAN IT, OR ONE LIKE UNTO IT o. Dost thou not know that
God is almighty?” (Sale)

Plainly writen, allah is not steady in his word.

Confirmed! They so called allah of the quoran is not even sure of his own self-acclaim creative craftmanship.. It reminds me of Fela's 'confusion break bone'. cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Correct??? by mustymatic(m): 11:10am On Jun 13, 2015
malvisguy212:
Jesus is a man whom the spirit of God himself dwell upon.meaning He has two nature, God and human.
Did he say that he is god? why wud u worship man?
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by mustymatic(m): 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Here is a reply i often give to Muslims who deny Christ is one with God. It may answer your question

was Jesus there when the Bible was written? how could you be so sure that he said all these?
the Bible is a combination of god's words and authors' that were not born before Jesus left, that's y there's a bunch of contradictions in d Bible
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by truthman2012(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
Presidency25:

I want to know, is Allah an English word or Arabic? If it's Arabic, why then do muslims used it while speaking English instead of just saying God? Could it be that Allah is not the same as God?

Allah is a personal name of a deity, one of the gods in Kaaba.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by Anas09: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
Mustymatics. Address the Ops. Leave Jesus out of this, which one shd we take? What did allah the liar used in creating man. Water, dust, clot of blood or sound of clay? Jehovah says Clay. Just clay. So come on now, am tired of waiting.
Where's that rude Teenager, Tartar? Come here and haul insults.
Re: Which One Is Correct??? by pneumaticos(m): 11:59am On Jun 14, 2015
Seems the islamist have been captured by isis

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men Hate Jesus So Much? / The Atheists Were Right! / Pastors Are Running Away From 2017 Prophesies Abi Na Predictions!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.