Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara (10811 Views)

Osinbajo Writes To Speaker Dogara, Seeks Approval To Borrow $1.28b And €9m / Edo Primary: Aggrieved PDP Aspirant Pledges Loyalty To Sheriff / NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by ijustdey: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2015
The Former House of Representatives Minority Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, on Thursday promised to work with the new Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, to deliver on campaign promises.
Mr. Gbajabiamila said this while addressing journalists in Abuja after an emergency meeting by the National Working Committee of the All Progressives Congress.
Mr. Gbajabiamila won the mock poll the APC organised to present a unified candidate for the speakership position but was defeated by Mr. Dogara who insisted on a contest.
He said the loyalty will remain strong as long as party programmes are pursued to ignite the needed change.
“We will work with the leadership of the house and with the speaker for as long as the party’s programmes are properly articulated and pursued on the floor of the house.
“He is an APC member but not the speaker of the APC but of the House of Representatives of the country. So we will work with him and support him,’’ he said.
He said the party should remain united to the programmes of the party through the house.
On whether the party would sanction some of the lawmakers that defied its instruction in both the senate and the house, he said, “all I know is that in every association there must be discipline’’.
“Whatever the party decides to do that’s for the party; it’s not for me to speak about it,” he said.
In another interview, Mohammed Monguno, who won the straw poll organised by the party for Deputy Speaker, said the situation in the lower chamber was a reality the party must rise to face.
“As it is now, that is the reality on the ground and we have to deal with it.
“As loyal party members, we will not take any step that is going to affect the interest, peace, order and good governance of this country.
“The emergence of the leadership of the National Assembly is a reality on ground as far as the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria is concerned,’’ he said.
Mr. Monguno said the party had summoned them and urged them to continue to support the government so that the people would enjoy dividends of democracy.
He said, “They summoned us to support the government so that the lofty aims and objectives for which the Nigerian people supported the APC to form government is achieved to the fullest”. (NAN)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/184863-gbajabiamila-pledges-loyalty-to-speaker-dogara.html

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by HungerBAD: 7:50am On Jun 12, 2015
I am a die hard Buhari/Apc fan. But on Femi Gbajabiamila, APC got it wrong, the man is a criminal, with a criminal record in the United States and in a sane society he should not even contest for any elective position.

This was the same thing Ibori did in his time, with a criminal record in the UK. I blame INEC, as it it their duties to properly vet candidates so we are not surprised with surprises in the future. Why is INEC allocated billions of Naira, if they can not properly get answers about candidates a simple google search could have brought up?

That was how an hostel mate of mine, that was kicked out of the University for forging his WAEC result, ended up a Deputy Speaker in one of the Southern States, i was left scratching my head if the people of that State or INEC is even serious at all.

Femi Gbajabiamila has no option than to accept defeat.

15 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by ijustdey: 7:55am On Jun 12, 2015
Rep. Femi Gbajabiamila, the official candidate of the APC who lost to Dogara in the leadership contest also pledged his allegiance to the new speaker of the House of Representatives................
Similarly, Mohammed Monguno, who ran for the office of the deputy speaker from Gbajabiamila’s camp but lost to Yusuf, also told journalists they would allow peace to reign in the interest of the nation.

Nice one by the representative

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Islie: 1:07pm On Jun 12, 2015
That's a good thing gbajabiamila.....

We need to make peace in all to make the house variable.....
Time to start the legislative work I presume
Cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by LAfricana(m): 1:13pm On Jun 12, 2015
Arrogant, as if he has options undecided

5 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by eleojo23: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
That's more like it - a progressive attitude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by bornmekus: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Good one
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by VickyRotex(f): 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
Igbayi laro undecided
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2015
See how everybody is learning from the great ex president Goodluck Jonathan. smiley

18 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by doublewisdom: 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
As if he has a choice.

4 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by cutesmilez(f): 1:15pm On Jun 12, 2015
h
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by missionmex(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
E get choice?

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by chinchum(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
he would have won, if not for Sarakis victory

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by IcekrimPaul007(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
Good for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Sunnycliff(m): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
Case Closed.! Let's move on!! Dats good for our consolidation democracy
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by eipreel(f): 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2015
okay...in the spirit of sportsmanship
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by aminho(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
GOOD NOW THEY WII LAUGH LAST
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Opiosko: 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
He has no choice. Hope BAT will accept his position and move on now.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by dre11(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
Good

Let the legislative process go on now
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Profkomolafe(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2015
real man accept defeat when they truly loose. this should send a strong signal to his godfather.

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by chinchum(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
HungerBAD:
I am a die hard Buhari/Apc fan. But on Femi Gbajabiamila, APC got it wrong, the man is a criminal, with a criminal record in the United States and in a sane society he should not even contest for any elective position.

This was the same thing Ibori did in his time, with a criminal record in the UK. I blame INEC, as it it their duties to properly vet candidates so we are not surprised with surprises in the future. Why is INEC allocated billions of Naira, if they can not properly get answers about candidates a simple google search could have brought up?

That was how an hostel mate of mine, that was kicked out of the University for forging his WAEC result, ended up a Deputy Speaker in one of the Southern States, i was left scratching my head if the people of that State or INEC is even serious at all.

gbajas case was more of negligence, and leaving a supposed duty for subordinate
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by fitzmayowa: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
That's the spirit, you win some you lose some...He will sure function well as a majority leader...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by doublewisdom: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Does he have a choice? The earlier he co-operates the better for him. Tinubu sef should congratulate the winners. tongue
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by hucienda: 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
Has no option.

Fair all the same.
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by ganja06(m): 1:19pm On Jun 12, 2015
The guy wants house majority leader and he cannot get that without the support of the house leadership. Thats why he refused the deputy speaker position offered to him when Dogara won.
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Profkomolafe(m): 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2015
i hail ur strongmanism jare.
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Hysmady(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by Hysmady(m): 1:25pm On Jun 12, 2015
Re: Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara by adusco(m): 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
HungerBAD:

Are you taking Gbajabiamila for Buruji?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo Primary: Aggrieved PDP Aspirant Pledges Loyalty To Sheriff / Press Release: President Buhari Congratulates Chinese Leader On Re-election / NBET To Expunge N7.2 Billion Budget For ‘Senate’ — After The Cable’s Exposé

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.