Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,725 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer (29325 Views)

Why We Can’t Impeach Buhari — House Chief Whip, Alhaji Alhassan Doguwa / Saraki Replies APC Leadership On NASS Crisis, Says "My Hands Are Tied" / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Omambala1(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
In the House of Representatives a key member of the Femi Gbajabiamila’s camp Alhassan Ado Doguwa has accepted the offer of House leader, Daily Trust can report.

Doguwa, one of Gbajabiamila’s arrowheads for speaker before June 9, has been at the forefront of those insisting that the position of the All Progressives Congress (APC) on the House principal officers must be adhered to.

APC National Chairman John Oyegun had nominated Gbajabiamila for the position of House leader after he lost the speaker’s contest to Yakubu Dogara. The party also nominated Doguwa to be deputy House leader, Mohammed Tahir Monguno as chief whip and Pally Iriase as deputy chief whip.

But Dogara ignored the party’s position, a development that led to chaos on the floor of the House on June 25, which forced the House to adjourn abruptly to initially July 21 and now to July 28. Dogara last week wrote to Oyegun where he proposed that the position of House leader should go to the North West, deputy House leader to North Central, chief whip to South South and deputy chief whip to South East. He cited federal character in making the proposal.

Although members of the Loyalists Group, supporting Gbajabiamila had rejected Dogara’s proposal, lawmakers of the Consolidation Group, loyal to Dogara welcomed the development and went ahead to adopt Doguwa from Kano State as House leader, Buba Jibril from Kogi State as Deputy, Pally Iriase from Edo State as chief whip and Chika Okafor from Imo State as deputy chief whip.

Even though he is seen to be fighting the party’s course, Doguwa confirmed to Daily Trust yesterday that he has accepted the offer but that he remains loyal to Gbajabiamila’s group.

He said he would attend the group’s meeting scheduled to hold tomorrow and Sunday, where the issue will be discussed.
Asked if he will attend the meeting, Doguwa said: “Of course I will attend. I am still a faithful member of the group and I am aware of the meeting.

“But the fact is that my personal position will not change. I am of the view that our members should see reason, be in tune with realities on ground and accept this wonderful concession made by the Speaker’s group. We must be prepared to move forward.”

A member of the Gbajabiamila’s camp Aliyu Sani Madaki told Daily Trust that as a group, they did not recognize the offer.
“You know on a matter like this, it is very difficult to make an offer to an individual and then he rejects. But our insistence is based on principle and the position of the party. Whatever it is, we will decide as a group before resumption, hopefully at the weekend,” he said.
A North West lawmaker told Daily Trust that Dogara has succeeded in dividing Gbajabiamila’s camp and that most of the lawmakers from the North West are backing Doguwa for the House leader’s position.

“Members of Femi group from the northwest met yesterday, with two representatives from each northwest state. Actually, Dogara has succeeded in dividing the camp of Femi. Doguwa is now with Dogara camp and you know Doguwa has a sizable number of votes.
“Kano and Jigawa alone have 34 members. Even though he did not address a press conference on that, but Doguwa has tilted towards Dogara,” he said.

It was learnt that other lawmakers from Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi are seriously making a case for Doguwa.

‘Doguwa’s as House leader will stave off crisis in Reps’

Meanwhile, a member of the House, Ibrahim Baba told Daily Trust yesterday that in view of the number of concessions made by Dogara to the Gbajabiamila camp, there was no way the latter’s camp will foment any trouble when the lawmakers resume on Tuesday
Asked whether the Gbajabiamila group was satisfied with Doguwa’s selection, Rep Baba said “The problem is that if we continue to remain on one issue, we would not make progress.

But a member of the Gbajabiamila camp, Rep Muhammad Gudaji Kazaure said crisis may still rear its head if Dogara did not accept the party’s choices.

“Dogara’s group agreed to cede the House leader position to Gbajabiamila group and has picked Alhassan Ado Doguwa, but the Femi group has refused to recognise Alhassan Doguwa. A meeting has now been called this Saturday and Sunday where we would discuss and take a position.

http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/index.php/news-menu/news/60779-doguwa-accepts-dogara-s-offer-of-house-leader-as-gbajabiamila-group-decides-tomorrow

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by babyfaceafrica: 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2015
Source?....I don't like street rumours!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by KAYNINI(m): 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
One by one they shoot each other on the foot
you picked rebels from another party and expect them tamed.....
something must be wrong with APC

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Surulere2: 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
hian

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by kbams241: 3:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
'

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by MizMyColi(f): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2015
@This pace?
APC is headed for imminent implosion.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by GreenUzzy(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2015
Wow

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by SouthernBreeze(m): 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2015
This is no good news for the greedy okpolor eye, anyway that serves him right

26 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Candyrain(m): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Dogara the "headache" of APC leadership. I can imagine John Oyegun and Tinubu saying "Kai what kind of human being is this Dogara?"

They should send EFCC to fetch Dogara's wife maybe that would make him gentle a little.

38 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by seedgreen(m): 3:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Following
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by 3030NN(m): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
It shall be well in J
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by tunex23: 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2015
Good, Femi should accept it since Dogowa is his close pal. They should work things out afterall they are in same camp and all loyal to Tinubu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by dayo23(f): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
tunex23:
Good, Femi should accept it since Dogowa is his close pal. They should work things out afterall they are in same camp and all loyal to Tinubu
exactly what I thought too, Dogawa is very loyal to Tinubu infact he do visit jagabar in lagos, it a good development. Let them accept since it from their group, house need to start work Nigerians are waitings
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by dayo23(f): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2015
tunex23:
exactly what I thought too, Dogawa is very loyal to Tinubu infact he do visit jagabar in lagos, it a good development. Let them accept since it from their group, house need to start work Nigerians are waiting
SouthernBreeze:
This is no good news for the greedy okpolor eye, anyway that serves him right
you are wrong bro, it favourable to the party, Dogawa is a loyal party member

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by jlinkd78(m): 3:53pm On Jul 24, 2015
political wizardry is all about devide and rule

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Omambala1(m): 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
dayo23:
continue deceiving yourself, and believing that all is well. When one person is the one directing, and deciding what the party does! gringrin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by bobbiekrantz: 3:54pm On Jul 24, 2015
This Useless party formed on the foundation of lies and propaganda won't rest until they plunge this country into a catastrophic state

Useless grunting liars!! angry

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by lukecent: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2015
I love that young man, Dogara, he is an astute politician.
That's a good move, they guy can't turn it down,personal interest comes before national interest.

15 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 24, 2015
dayo23:

There is nothing like a loyal party member.

Everybody is just looking at for themselves.

He has been made an offer and he is ready to neglect his group just for the offer.

There is no loyal politician, the only thing worser than a politician is the devil himself.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Flyingngel(m): 4:10pm On Jul 24, 2015
If Femi faction will not accept this development then am afraid HOR will stand on a long thing. My father always say if u have been beaten to your game,look for a lesser person and beat. But in this context, since so much money is involve in the position i doubt whether they will let it go.
Nigerian politicians are funny.

2 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Lvlink(f): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2015
gboss4sure:

There is nothing like a loyal party member.

Everybody is just looking at for themselves.

He has been made an offer and he is ready to neglect his group just for the offer.

There is no loyal politician, the only thing worser than a politician is the devil himself.
you nailed it. Infact all the people in APC are criminals. I only believe in Buhari, every other person is a thief.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by wordcat(m): 4:13pm On Jul 24, 2015
E no concern me, they are all the same undecided

1 Like

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by henryutd(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2015
APC rejoicing over apc. Kingdom divided against itself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Giddyprance(m): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2015
Omambala1:

“But the fact is that my personal position will not
change. I am of the view that our members
should see reason, be in tune with realities on
ground and accept this wonderful concession
made by the Speaker’s group. We must be
prepared to move forward.”

The nigger even calls it a 'wonderful concession'
LOBATAN!!!
Chai Gbajabiamila don enter one chance.....anyone that still think these silly excuses of senators have any interest besides self is a joker
Believe these APCheats at your peril!!!!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Hillzy(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2015
Oh my country Nigeria, do dis guyz tink dey are in nollywood
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by iykedare(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Politicians and their personal interests.

I pity the poor Nigerians who kill themselves everyday because of these guys.

Cc
Apc boys
Pdp boys
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by free2ryhme: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by naijaedutech: 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
That's good. I wish other parties will shield the sword for the peace and progress of Buhari's administration.
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by NewsINigeria(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2015
Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hehehehe.Nw Decamping Starts

3 Likes

Re: NASS Crisis: Doguwa Decamps, Abandons Gbajabiamila, Accepts Dogara's Offer by Nikapetrelli(f): 4:39pm On Jul 24, 2015
Hillzy:
g
G for Goat

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Resumes Office As Minister Of State, Niger Delta / Wike To Oshiomhole: You Are A Man Without Character / Little Girl Tells Nuhu Gidado She Will Be A Deputy Gov Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.