Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 (43230 Views)

Paul Okoye Reacts To The Video Of The Fight Between Him, Peter And Jude Okoye / P'square: Peter And Paul Okoye Split Finally (Details Of The Breakup) / Peter And Paul Okoye Rock Native Wear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Omotayor123(f): 11:19am On Jun 12, 2015
Chai! see celebtongue

Hen, create your own Church na....

The Okoyes ministrygrin

tnx Goodness Your family don dey become bigger.
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by 989900: 11:19am On Jun 12, 2015
I was expecting a deeper reason i.e. 'most' pastors are scam artists, and they have a stronger personal relationship with their God.

Staring at us my foot, who you be? Who be you?
#shallow
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by deucelaw: 11:26am On Jun 12, 2015
They should have endured that for a while in a particular church after which most of the members would not even look at them twice....In some churches no one even gives a hoot...
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by deebrain(m): 11:28am On Jun 12, 2015
MizMyColi:
Umuahia

Anambra
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Certifiedboss: 11:28am On Jun 12, 2015
businessline:
Apparently they called it quits back in 2007, about two years after they relocated to Lagos.Despite Peter and Paul’s penchant for fasting and prayers, they have not been going to church for close to a decade, but they insisted the action has not affected their close relationship with God, and is also not a result of arrogance.
According to a report, the brothers did try their hands on a couple of churches in their various areas of residence but later put an end to it.

''Each time we attend, other worshipers would not listen to the Pastor’s sermon again. All eyes will just be on us. Instead of praying, some people will even decide to be starring at us. We were not comfortable with that and thought we were distracting a lot of people from serving their God, so we said to ourselves that we should stop going. All men are equal before God, so we don’t encourage people to abandon their primary purpose of being in church because of us.

http://nigeriacamera.net/peter-and-paul-okoye-tell-why-they-have-not-been-to-church-since-2007/

The lamest thing I've heard . So you choose not to worship God in his temple cos you see yourself as a distraction to others . Salvation is personal
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 12, 2015
Stu.pid reason
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by teebaxy(m): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2015
Maybe the church you attend is a small church bcs i can't imagine pple stering at u in a church like winners chapel where there are over 60 thousand worshipers. you people need to be comitted to d works of the lord. i see nothing wrong in u guys joining quoir.
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Neplusultra(f): 11:32am On Jun 12, 2015
Of course u shudnt be in church na, Wetin u wan hear wey u neva hear before? u can't serve two masters at a time! Keep serving d one Uv chosen

1 Like

Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by victoronyekwelu(m): 11:34am On Jun 12, 2015
[b][/b]judgement day no fit b one day alone because una sin fit take ten years to judge
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Tallesty1(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2015
MizMyColi:

Umuahia
gringringringrin
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by deebrain(m): 11:35am On Jun 12, 2015
989900:
I was expecting a deeper reason i.e. 'most' pastors are scam artists, and they have a stronger personal relationship with their God.

Staring at us my foot, who you be? Who be you?
#shallow

you took the words from my mouth... Im so disappointed with their reason.

I want to believe they did not say this. Such arrogance!

There is Aso Rock chapel where they can attend. There are "tushed" (grin) churches in Lekki, lagos where the rich usually worship...

They prefer going to churches where they know they will turn heads!

1 Like

Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by OlaPhils(m): 11:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Storyline
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by ojjp: 11:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Wht a dumb reason!
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 12, 2015
Neva knew this guy's were so........ !
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 12, 2015
Neplusultra:
Of course u shudnt be in church na, Wetin u wan hear wey u neva hear before? u can't serve two masters at a time! Keep serving d one Uv chosen

love u bae!

wait o ...so Na going to church go make you go heaven??.....

y'all are so dumb.... I have noticed church workers, and goers are the worst sinners nowadays....

I stand to be corrected,!
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2015
victoronyekwelu:
[b][/b]judgement day no fit b one day alone because una sin fit take ten years to judge

so because they no attend church on Sunday means they l go to hell

y'all are dumb
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by tellwisdom: 11:43am On Jun 12, 2015
hahaha...Mumu twins...Abeg who get breast milk? sad
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by queebeediva(f): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2015
That's not a sound reasons . Prepare your mind and go to church if they look at you one day them go tire because noting except God no they tire person for this life but again I think ur going to church sef will invite a lot of lost soul to attend to church to see psqure and before u no they will get one or two word of change in the bible and with that many lives will be saved. No lele sha except if the pastor contribute with his donation wahala! God forgive me ooo if am blaspheming but una understand how some churches can be. It is well!
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by aniyphil: 11:48am On Jun 12, 2015
God gave you the money and the fame . . .now you are too "big" to visit the house of God . . .He probably needs to take back the money and the fame so you can return to His house without causing a stare . . . a very lame excuse to stay away from church.
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by francescainnoce(f): 11:53am On Jun 12, 2015
What nuisance!!!! Mtcheeeeew
Whatever tickles their fancy: like seriously who cares.....
Some people though....
Just because you feature on TV and music videos, you think you are more celebrity than other members in the church.. Smh
I call this simply ignorance...
If you deny me before men on earth, I will also deny before my father in heaven: Mathew 10:33
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Neplusultra(f): 11:56am On Jun 12, 2015
Vixo:

love u bae!

wait o ...so Na going to church go make you go heaven??.....

y'all are so dumb.... I have noticed church workers, and goers are the worst sinners nowadays....

I stand to be corrected,!
Going to church doesn't automatically qualify you for heaven but it helps keep you u on track, you might be discouraged and goin through some challenges which d pastor and fellow Christians can help you with prayers to see you through dat situation, more so, dere are areas in church where u can put ur talent to use,of course, God will ask you wot u did wit ur talent! It is written; Not forsaking d assembly of d brethren cos iron sharpens iron, all dese help to shapen and model you at becoming a better Christain if you really have heaven in focus however, d problem with christains is dat dey keep going to church without intention if changing, dey are just hard hearted so dere's no need go in to church den!
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Trypa(f): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2015
MizMyColi:
Umuahia

[Font=Georgia]Adamawa[/font][/quote]
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by itxtoff(m): 11:59am On Jun 12, 2015
businessline:
Apparently they called it quits back in 2007, about two years after they relocated to Lagos.Despite Peter and Paul’s penchant for fasting and prayers, they have not been going to church for close to a decade, but they insisted the action has not affected their close relationship with God, and is also not a result of arrogance.
According to a report, the brothers did try their hands on a couple of churches in their various areas of residence but later put an end to it.

''Each time we attend, other worshipers would not listen to the Pastor’s sermon again. All eyes will just be on us. Instead of praying, some people will even decide to be starring at us. We were not comfortable with that and thought we were distracting a lot of people from serving their God, so we said to ourselves that we should stop going. All men are equal before God, so we don’t encourage people to abandon their primary purpose of being in church because of us.

http://nigeriacamera.net/peter-and-paul-okoye-tell-why-they-have-not-been-to-church-since-2007/
I stopped mine 2012.
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by maxayuba2: 12:00pm On Jun 12, 2015
Please NAIRALAND help us like this post….. Click this link and LIKE the post the LIKE Button is just a bit below the post. please comment about the post tooo .. THIS WILL MEAN SO MUCH TO US https://m.facebook.com/UnileverCareersNigeria/photos/a.226638377385930.47607.211664098883358/844848612231567/?type=1&theater

Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
Which eyes did you use to see that people were staring at you in church? Which means your eyes were open,also looking around while prayers were going on.

1 Like

Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by opedaydydx9(m): 12:03pm On Jun 12, 2015
oluwadamilolah:
They are all looking good. Anita face though,why did she frown? It's unusual of her.
i observed that too
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by endowednicky(f): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2015
MizMyColi:
Umuahia
babe!I actually wanted 2 type dat!!!
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by ebenholer(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
What do u expect? U can love money and love God same time. That can ever be a coded lie cos they aren't the only celebrities in d world that people will now focus attention on them alone in church. It is a finalised work of the devil to win them to himself.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by ebenholer(m): 12:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
What do u expect? U cant love money and love God same time. That can ever be a coded lie from Psquare cos they aren't the only celebrities in d world that people will now focus attention on them alone in church. It is a finalised work of the devil to win them to himself.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by chigoizie7(m): 12:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
In as much as wat dey said is somehow the truth, den again.

-if u had been attending a particular church since that 2007,@least for a year, all the congregation in the church would ve been used to the fact that u attend the same church and thus, stop the gazing.

-always make sure u all sit at the last seat in the church, either @ the far ends of the church, with that, it will be hard for people to always turn their back to look @ u guys during sermon.

-during offerings, it is not a must that u all must stand up, u can give ur PA ur offertory to go up on ur behalf, with that, people wouldn't have to be gazing @ u guys.

-after church service, being @ d last seat makes it easier for u guys to be among the 1st to leach the church, once u leave, head straight to ur car and zoom off Asap.

-with all ^^^ in place, u must have reduced the attention diversion to a minimal. + u go to church for your own good and not for what people will say.
Re: Peter And Paul Okoye Tell Why They Have Not Been To Church Since 2007 by mrofficial(m): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
Their reason is flimsy. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji & Hakeem Kae-kazim Goofing Around In New Photos / Stella Monye Needs Help With Son’s Surgery. Cries Out To Nigerians / Beverly Osu Slays In Swim Wear As She Poses With Her Friend (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.