Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! (40823 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Apply Now For Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment – 2016 / Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
pepe1:

Has anyone noticed that the Op has carefully avoided telling us the position he applied for and date?

Do you work with Nestle and can you be of any assistance as it relates with this long wait?

Not like I expect you to tell me tho,..typical!!!

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Jman06(m): 10:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

That's what I'm saying, its just sad. What company is that? Atleast they even had the guts to give you a reason for the delay. Nestle just blanked me out!!!
Go to Nestle head office at ilupeju and find out for yourself if you still stand a chance. If you are outside Lagos you can send someone.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by pepe1: 10:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
RileyFreeman1:

You should know why I wouldn't tell you the position I applied for. That shouldn't bother you too much.
So that they won't trace this write-up to you. Well, I need those details for further comments. Best of luck to you.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
pepe1:

Has anyone noticed that the Op has carefully avoided telling us the position he applied for and date?

U are not soo smart. What do u need all those details for? To investigate him? I guess u probably work for nestle and u are ashamed to admit it. Useless company. U have just being exposed to a reputation risk

4 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
pepe1:

So that they won't trace this write-up to you. Well, I need those details for further comments. Best of luck to you.
I have my own reasons other than the bolded.
Thanks anyway.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by pepe1: 11:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dsuccess:

U are not soo smart. What do u need all those details for? To investigate him? I guess u probably work for nestle and u are ashamed to admit it. Useless company. U have just being exposed to a reputation risk
Those who work for Nestle are not ashamed to admit it.
I have my reasons for asking and the Op has his reasons for not disclosing that.
Now, how is that ur problem?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by MindMatics(m): 11:32pm On Jun 13, 2015
Probably, u wer called bt som1 picked for u
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
MindMatics:
Probably, u wer called bt som1 picked for u

I doubt, my major mobile is in a small nokia phone that doesn't go off in weeks, sometimes months and its almost always with me due to the nature of my job.

Atleast they should have replied mails or attend to inquiries channeled via calls.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by howfarwhatagwan: 12:07am On Jun 14, 2015
I really cannot believe some comments I read...What a lot of companies do here in Nigeria is simply wrong and I know it is we Nigerians working in these companies that are responsible for these rude and disrespectful actions. How can you take someone through a recruitment process and not give them closure? If you filled the position just let the other candidates know that you will not be proceeding with them as you have found the best fit but NO not my Naija people.

By the way I am also one of those people whom used to dream of working at Nestle and I have applied for Nestle jobs in other countries (Switzerland, US etc) and I must tell you that I always get closure with these applications even if you are not been selected but it is never the case with Nestle Nigeria. For all of you saying the candidate is handling it the wrong way by putting it up on Nairaland I'm sorry but many of these companies need these sort of negative publicity to put them on their feet and ensure they do right by people.

7 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by ndigbo: 12:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Be patient, my friend got called after almost a year of the success Mail.

Don't know the reason behind the delay though!

But, don't stop spreading your job search nets!
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by iebanehita(m): 2:26am On Jun 14, 2015
pepe1:

Those who work for Nestle are not ashamed to admit it.
I have my reasons for asking and the Op has his reasons for not disclosing that.
Now, how is that ur problem?

@bolded

We could start by you telling us the reason for your asking.
I don't know the OP but his identity has to be protected in sensitive issues like this.
The OP is only clamouring for integrity to be displayed in all fronts and for equal opportunity employment by Nestle, irrespective of position applied.

5 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 3:08am On Jun 14, 2015
afanide:
Pls u guy shud source for alternative means.

Imagine wasting 6months waitin for Nestle call up letter? Please i ould advise u consider going into lucrative business that pays off well.

I recommend u go into 'IMPORTATION BUSINESS'. It will change ur life within 3months.

See full details on how it works here
http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

Nathaniel
Port-Harcourt

oga.. this so called business no require capital? You guys just come online and echo Start up a business as if is DAT easy!

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by engrksa(m): 3:31am On Jun 14, 2015
please, kindly note that our contract staff are not direct nestle staff. We call them 3rd party staff. Their recruitment are not managed by nestle. So Nestle only request from contractors who supply the contract staff. No issue of transparency needed on this kind of arrangement.
I hope this clarifies some concerns on d contract staff recruitment and transparency highlighted by the OP.
Let's be objective enough, do you image the cost involve in paying for dragnet test, inviting u for functional tests and interviews, sending you success mails? I am sure Nestle will never be wasteful.
Please be reminded that the person who informed you that contract staff had occupied the position should please provide evidence for his/her statement. Nestle is an equal employer. I stand for nestle any day anytime and I will defend the cause.
The economic situation over the first quarter had affected all the fmcg in terms of sales volume reduction. This is attributed to the election.
Nestle recruiters are very efficient and unbiased when it comes to staff recruitment.
We make nestle smarter.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by xtrix: 7:54am On Jun 14, 2015
engrksa:
please, kindly note that our contract staff are not direct nestle staff. We call them 3rd party staff. Their recruitment are not managed by nestle. So Nestle only request from contractors who supply the contract staff. No issue of transparency needed on this kind of arrangement.
I hope this clarifies some concerns on d contract staff recruitment and transparency highlighted by the OP.
Let's be objective enough, do you image the cost involve in paying for dragnet test, inviting u for functional tests and interviews, sending you success mails? I am sure Nestle will never be wasteful.
Please be reminded that the person who informed you that contract staff had occupied the position should please provide evidence for his/her statement. Nestle is an equal employer. I stand for nestle any day anytime and I will defend the cause.
The economic situation over the first quarter had affected all the fmcg in terms of sales volume reduction. This is attributed to the election.
Nestle recruiters are very efficient and unbiased when it comes to staff recruitment.
We make nestle smarter.

there is no cost in inviting u for functional tests and interviews, sending you success mails
as this the role of the hr department

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by 1wolex85: 8:02am On Jun 14, 2015
engrksa:
We make nestle smarter.
Really? I have been seeing this thread but I decided not to comment but your post has made me change my mind. In 2013,I applied for a graduate trainee role,I passed the test,I passed the assessment Centre , did the pi survey, I did medicals at agbara, ilupeju and xray at that surulere medical centre. After that,I had a chat with top management after which I filled the employee form for new recruits. After a while, I discovered they had started distributing letters, I called wunmi in hr severally, she kept telling me to be patient that it's in batches. On the day the other graduate trainees were meant to resume,they send me a one line email that I won't be getting an offer without any explanations! Do you have any idea what this did to me? I lost my confidence, I started thinking like someone 'dey pursue me', I went for hiv,hepatitis etc tests thinking maybe it was the medicals, nothing was and is wrong with me. Guy! don't tell me nestle works smart! They may have had their reasons, but they really messed with my head.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by engrksa(m): 9:41am On Jun 14, 2015
xtrix:

there is no cost in inviting u for functional tests and interviews, sending you success mails
as this the role of the hr department

Are you very sure of your statement? Is time devoted to such activities not cost related? Wake up man
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by engrksa(m): 9:46am On Jun 14, 2015
1wolex85:

Really? I have been seeing this thread but I decided not to comment but your post has made me change my mind. In 2013,I applied for a graduate trainee role,I passed the test,I passed the assessment Centre , did the pi survey, I did medicals at agbara, ilupeju and xray at that surulere medical centre. After that,I had a chat with top management after which I filled the employee form for new recruits. After a while, I discovered they had started distributing letters, I called wunmi in hr severally, she kept telling me to be patient that it's in batches. On the day the other graduate trainees were meant to resume,they send me a one line email that I won't be getting an offer without any explanations! Do you have any idea what this did to me? I lost my confidence, I started thinking like someone 'dey pursue me', I went for hiv,hepatitis etc tests thinking maybe it was the medicals, nothing was and is wrong with me. Guy! don't tell me nestle works smart! They may have had their reasons, but they really messed with my head.

I can understand your feelings but please you need to take note that GT program have quotas and not every1 who made it to the last will be employed. It happen in all organization. Additionally, I don't think its mandatory for employer to explain the rejection reason to applicant.
GT recruitment is always very competitive.
Once again, nestle works smarter
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by 1wolex85: 10:02am On Jun 14, 2015
engrksa:

I can understand your feelings but please you need to take note that GT program have quotas and not every1 who made it to the last will be employed. It happen in all organization. Additionally, I don't think its mandatory for employer to explain the rejection reason to applicant.
GT recruitment is always very competitive.
Once again, nestle works smarter
no,that is not the smart way to work, why not do medical when you are sure of your quota,why allow me feel employee forms one week after medicals (which shows they received the results), don't put the cart before the horse and call it smart! I really don't know what happened at the last minute,neither am I saying I should have been picked at all cost, but you don't go telling people to fill employee forms when you know there is still a chance they may not be employed and you call this smart? You are living in lala land!
Modified:
while I agree that every organization has a quota, after the last stage, collate those that passed which should be equal to your quota, let them do medicals,if anybody is found wanting,pick the next person on the list of the successful ones to go for medicals until you have your quota and send regret mails to the rest. why would a number higher than your quota fill out employee forms,why? Someone somewhere made a mistake in that process,it's very obvious.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 14, 2015
1wolex85:

no,that is not the smart way to work, why not do medical when you are sure of your quota,why allow me feel employee forms one week after medicals (which shows they received the results), don't put the cart before the horse and call it smart! I really don't know what happened at the last minute,neither am I saying I should have been picked at all cost, but you don't go telling people to fill employee forms when you know there is still a chance they may not be employed and you call this smart? You are living in lala land!
Modified:
while I agree that every organization has a quota, after the last stage, collate those that passed which should be equal to your quota, let them do medicals,if anybody is found wanting,pick the next person on the list of the successful ones to go for medicals until you have your quota and send regret mails to the rest. why would a number higher than your quota fill out employee forms,why? Someone somewhere made a mistake in that process,it's very obvious.
Your own experience is even worse. Jesus!!!....HR peeps here on nairaland, you are humans oh!!!....
Treat people with respect for pete's sake.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by bisisho(f): 10:58am On Jun 14, 2015
1wolex85:

This also happened to me....EXACTLY!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Prinzofparis: 11:18am On Jun 14, 2015
Very sad and disturbing comments.
And you see Nestle advertisement for new openings almost everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
1wolex85:

Dammit. U just made me shed a tear. If u made it to that stage, then u have something special. Dont let no one take that from u

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by 1wolex85: 1:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
Dsuccess:

Dammit. U just made me shed a tear. If u made it to that stage, then u have something special. Dont let no one take that from u
the funny thing is nestle was going to pay 2.7mill which is about a million less than what I was earning,but I didn't mind as I was looking for an organization that really had a plan and a clear career path, I didn't have this where I was and I am working. I was doing the recruitment half heartedly, I only became serious after kunle ajibade,their talent manager spoke to us before we started the assessment day at agbara, I was taken in by his speech.
I have moved on really and would have just read comments on this thread until that guy that wants to sell us the notion that nestle hr is smart or whatever he calls it posted. I may not have truly made the quota and politics may not have been involved but he can't come here and spew that trash,that's what really irked me. Only my gf then and wife now knew I was in the running for nestle,after the whole thing unraveled and I told my parents,they were so angry saying they would have called this person and that person bla bla bla,that was a real low point in my life.

5 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by membelle: 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
@rileyfreeman1 there are lots of complains about this and I am also affected, speechless but can only stay positive there av bn lots of positive advice that from reasonable pple here that one can exploit but dont listen to the negatives ...lets put it in prayers coz in as much as maybe this might help it mayn not help... this isnt only perculiar in nigeria it happens in other places especially with large companies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by heneversleep: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Gone are the days when people get excited after scaling an interview cause it do surely serve as a direct pointer of you getting the job. But now,getting success mail or even offer letter sef translate to nothing until you have started with the job unless you want to give yourself high blood pressure or give in to tension.

I want to implore any h r personnel viewing this thread that they should be desicive with recruitment process instead of raising job applicants hopes high by keeping them in pools, benchmarking or sending success mail and later left them in the dark which is even more heart shattering than a regret mail.

4 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
membelle:
@rileyfreeman1 there are lots of complains about this and I am also affected, speechless but can only stay positive there av bn lots of positive advice that from reasonable pple here that one can exploit but dont listen to the negatives ...lets put it in prayers coz in as much as maybe this might help it mayn not help... this isnt only perculiar in nigeria it happens in other places especially with large companies
I was born in the states, I had my BSc and MSc in the UK. Its not a global practice. I think its particular to Nigeria.

Yes one has to remain positive in situations like this. Remaining positive though doesn't mean one should sit down and wait.

You say you are affected, can you please share your experience and the company?

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
heneversleep:
Gone are the days when people get excited after scaling an interview cause it do surely serve as a direct pointer of you getting the job. But now,getting success mail or even offer letter sef translate to nothing until you have started with the job unless you want to give yourself high blood pressure or give in to tension.

I want to implore any h r personnel viewing this thread that they should be desicive with recruitment process instead of raising job applicants hopes high by keeping them in pools, benchmarking or sending success mail and later left them in the dark which is even more heart shattering than a regret mail.
Exactly
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by membelle: 2:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
I did some findings on the internet and i discovered the trend isn't peculiar to Nigeria thats why i said so....My experience is with the same Nestle ooo got a success mail in march but nothing since then and some people have resumed. i am not in lagos I wouldn't have mind going to their office to find out what is wrong

RileyFreeman1:

I was born in the states, I had my BSc and MSc in the UK. Its not a global practice. I think its particular to Nigeria.

Yes one has to remain positive in situations like this. Remaining positive though doesn't mean one should sit down and wait.

You say you are affected, can you please share your experience and the company?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
Nestle are still owing me transport money over a year later. Passed Aptitude test and functional test last year and made it to the last 5 for FSM interviews. Our account numbers were taken with a promise to pay travel expenses but never heard from them since. I trust the HR people would have gotten and eaten the money. There is god o!

Update: For those not aware, yes quite a number of multinationals and blue chip companies refund transport fee to candidates they invite for interviews. Some even provide accommodation for those coming from other states! I have experiences of all such instances.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 9:00pm On Jun 15, 2015
3doursdown:
Nestle are still owing me transport money over a year later. Passed Aptitude test and functional test last year and made it to the last 5 for FSM interviews. Our account numbers were taken with a promise to pay travel expenses but never heard from them since. I trust the HR people would have gotten and eaten the money. There is god o!
Lol,..this guy..you cracked me up real good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / Dilemma Of A 2.2 Graduate / 2016 UBA PLC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.