Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,845 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! (40968 Views)

Sad But True Fact Most Nigerian Graduates Face Everyday(pic) / Apply Now For Nestle Nigeria Plc Recruitment – 2016 / Nestle Nigeria Plc Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 16, 2015
3doursdown:
Nestle are still owing me transport money over a year later. Passed Aptitude test and functional test last year and made it to the last 5 for FSM interviews. Our account numbers were taken with a promise to pay travel expenses but never heard from them since. I trust the HR people would have gotten and eaten the money. There is god o!
Dude, jajajaja,.. Transport money?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2015
Nestle are still owing me transport money over a year later. Passed Aptitude test and functional test last year and made it to the last 5 for FSM interviews. Our account numbers were taken with a promise to pay travel expenses but never heard from them since. I trust the HR people would have gotten and eaten the money. There is god o!
Update: For those not aware, yes quite a number of multinationals and blue chip companies refund transport fee to candidates they invite for interviews. Some even provide accommodation for those coming from other states! I have experiences of all such instances.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
3doursdown:
Update: For those not aware, yes quite a number of multinationals and blue chip companies refund transport fee to candidates they invite for interviews. Some even provide accommodation for those coming from other states! I have experiences of all such instances.
True some companies provide all these.
Did they promise that they will pay for your transportation? Via what means? Sure bank details you gave them was correct?

Contacted other candidates if they received the said sum?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
CHM11:

True some companies provide all these.
Did they promise that they will pay for your transportation? Via what means? Sure bank details you gave them was correct?

Contacted other candidates if they received the said sum?

They didn't make any of such promises during my own time.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Azen: 4:50am On Jun 24, 2015
Here is a global speak up link:
http://www.nestle.com/aboutus/businessprinciples/report-your-concerns#

I think the global Nestle needs to hear the things that is happening in Nigeria.
I do not expect them to even follow up seriously because accepting it will be putting themselves in a potential litigation situation. No multinational wants to be in the news for the wrong reasons. So, when you drop a message on this link, it may look like they are not responding or following up. But the reality is that the more they get messages from Nigeria, the more the global business is willing to look into the nonsense that is happening in Nigeria.
It was my Brother who came across this link and sent it to me because he knew what I went through with Nestle. As in, some people within my family still do not believe me till today because it was very ridiculous. So, those people talking Nestle is pure or so, just keep your opinions to yourselves. Perhaps the only reason some people in Nestle HR is still having their job is because the business is doing well. If anything happens to their profit, then there will be focus on even HR and other units that typically don't get focus.
I urge every one to check out that link and post some messages there.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Azen: 5:00am On Jun 24, 2015
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To XXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXX,

Sequel to your success at the final interview, kindly find attached the breakdown of our offer (cash and non-cash) for Field

Sales Manager. Please I will like to get a feedback indicating your acceptance or decline latest by Friday 27th

December 2013.I am unable to confirm the location you will resume now, but will let you know as soon as its available.

Regards,

XXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Recruitment & Training

Nestlé Nigeria Plc.

22/24 Industrial Avenue Ilupeju

01-2798184 ext XXXX

1. With this mail, its interesting I still did not work for Nestle.
2. With this mail, I left my former job.
3. With this mail, Nestle HR says they owe me no apologies cos this is not an employment letter. Mind you, attached to this mail was a breakdown of my yearly package. Yet some HR was playing God.

Guys, if they do stupid, just move on and prove to yourself that you are you.
God will help all of us.
And for those Nestle HR that wants to be playing God, Diaris God o. When they start having relationship problem and cannot get a man, they will be blaming their enemy. When they will be having difficulties three generations from now, they will say someone is chasing them. If not now my people, surely later. If not in your case, maybe some else case, but I am sure their punishment is waiting for them someways as they frustrate people.

6 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 7:49am On Jun 24, 2015
Azen:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To XXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXX,

Sequel to your success at the final interview, kindly find attached the breakdown of our offer (cash and non-cash) for Field

Sales Manager. Please I will like to get a feedback indicating your acceptance or decline latest by Friday 27th

December 2013.I am unable to confirm the location you will resume now, but will let you know as soon as its available.

Regards,

XXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Recruitment & Training

Nestlé Nigeria Plc.

01-2798184 ext XXXX

3. With this mail, Nestle HR says they owe me no apologies cos this is not an employment letter. Mind you, attached to this mail was a breakdown of my yearly package.

2013? This is just sad!!!

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 24, 2015
Azen:
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To XXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXX,

Regards,

XXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Recruitment & Training

Nestlé Nigeria Plc.

01-2798184 ext XXXX

3. With this mail, Nestle HR says they owe me no apologies cos this is not an employment letter. Mind you, attached to this mail was a breakdown of my yearly package. Yet some HR was playing God.

Guys, if they do stupid, just move on and prove to yourself that you are you.
God will help all of us.
And for those Nestle HR that wants to be playing God, Diaris God o. When they start having relationship problem and cannot get a man, they will be blaming their enemy. When they will be having difficulties three generations from now, they will say someone is chasing them. If not now my people, surely later. If not in your case, maybe some else case, but I am sure their punishment is waiting for them someways as they frustrate people.

Sorry bro. I'm in the exact same situation, though not with Nestlé. I accepted the offer and subsequently did medicals. In my case however recruitment for positions in my department is officially on hold for internal restructuring across board so there's every hope I'll be resuming soon. But the mistake you made was resigning. Until you get a resumption date (included in appointment letter, this is just an offer letter) you shouldn't have resigned. So sorry bro.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Azen: 4:04pm On Jun 24, 2015
3doursdown, I did not just resign o.
I accepted the offer, we agreed on a resumption date, the same date I was supposed to pick the so-called employment letter. So, in those circumstances, what else should I be waiting for, when you have asked me to come and resign. It was after this case that I learned that in Nigeria, you must have already resumed in your new job before you resign an old job. Only in Nigeria such things happen, but the truth with such an action is that you will technically be holding two jobs at the same time, which is not ethical. But that is what the system is pushing people to do now in Nigeria. Very funny.
And quite frankly, it is no a problem at all. It was only a tough lesson to learn in a tough way. That even multinationals as big as Nestle cannot be trusted to honor their own mail and words. That is sad, and it is only in Nigeria.
I wish everyone who have suffered something like this the best, but I just hope the global business continues to get feedback from Nigeria to let them know the madness that is going on here.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
Wow! Sad. Though I think the rule is that you already have your appointment letter physically or soft copy with you before resigning. That way you have solid evidence/proof come what may. You should have insisted they send it first as without it you would not have the conviction that giving 2 weeks or 1 month notice intention to resign to your present employer was wise.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by jerrykings1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 24, 2015
My Guy I don't want to believe Nestle Nigeria are incompetent, but the way it is one can be right to say so, these are my own experience...

Dear Candidate,

As a follow up to your application for the position of Medical Delegate Trainee. This is to invite you for a Test.

Details as follows;

Date: Tuesday 19 March 2013

Time : 08:00am

Venue: Nestle Nigeria Plc. 22/24 Industrial Avenue Ilupeju Lagos.

Kindly come along with your writing materials.

Thank you,

Wunmi

****************************************************************************************************
Dear Candidate,

As a follow up to your application for the position of Medical Delegate Trainee. This is to invite you for a Nutrition Test.

*****************************************************************************************************
Dear Candidate,

As a follow up to your application for the position of Medical Delegate Trainee it is my pleasure to inform you that you passed the written test.

We will keep in touch with you for the next stage of the process. Please accept my Congratulations.

Do have a safe trip to your destination.

Wunmi
****************************************************************************************************
From ME:
Thank you for the message.However we were told at the venue of the
test that we should hang around still till tomorow, the later part of
the message indicated that we are to return to our destination,pending
when we are invited for the interview.Pls clarify,is it holding
tomorow-since am from kaduna state

Yes you can go back to your destination we will get back to you later. The interview will be for a later date that will be communicated to you via your mail

Wunmi

******************************************************************************************************

This was the Last I heard from them 2013/03/19
I don think its fair.
Anyway its their Company, its just hurtful having invested those amount of money coming from Kaduna on several trips.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2015
jerrykings1:
My Guy I don't want to believe Nestle Nigeria are incompetent, but the way it is one can be right to say so, these are my own experience...

Dear Candidate,

As a follow up to your application for the position of Medical Delegate Trainee. This is to invite you for a Test.

Details as follows;

Date: Tuesday 19 March 2013

Time : 08:00am

Venue: Nestle Nigeria Plc. 22/24 Industrial Avenue Ilupeju Lagos.

Kindly come along with your writing materials.

Thank you,

Wunmi

Dear Candidate,

As a follow up to your application for the position of Medical Delegate Trainee. This is to invite you for a Nutrition Test.

*****************************************************************************************************
Dear Candidate,

As a follow up to your application for the position of Medical Delegate Trainee it is my pleasure to inform you that you passed the written test.

We will keep in touch with you for the next stage of the process. Please accept my Congratulations.

Do have a safe trip to your destination.

Wunmi
From ME:
Thank you for the message.However we were told at the venue of the
test that we should hang around still till tomorow, the later part of
the message indicated that we are to return to our destination,pending
when we are invited for the interview.Pls clarify,is it holding
tomorow-since am from kaduna state

Yes you can go back to your destination we will get back to you later. The interview will be for a later date that will be communicated to you via your mail

Wunmi

******************************************************************************************************

This was the Last I heard from them 2013/03/19
I don think its fair.
Anyway its their Company, its just hurtful having invested those amount of money coming from Kaduna on several trips.

Wow.
Hmmmmmm.

Did you try mailing her (Wunmi) again after this her last mail to you?
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by jerrykings1(m): 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2015
CHM11:

Wow.
Hmmmmmm.

Did you try mailing her (Wunmi) again after this her last mail to you?

Yes I did.But she ddidnt respond at all.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 8:23pm On Jun 24, 2015
jerrykings1:

Yes I did.But she ddidnt respond at all.
Hmmmm there should always be closure to recruitment processes na. All these stories give me the creeps.

I am also waiting on Nestle for follow up mail since march this year. (After interview and a success mail, nothing else).

3 months is long but within range but this your own is since 2013, wow.
Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Bonjelomo: 8:39am On Jun 26, 2015
Nestle Nigeria must be indeed notorious!

I am sure they have replaced all these guys with their own people!!

Abi, why all these anomalies about NESTLE?

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Azen: 2:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
It is important to keep this particular story going. It must not die, cos the typical thing is that after some time, people get tired and the story dies. I am also sure that some of these HR people monitor forums like this and their hope is that it dies.
Post your experience here. And after a while it may be many enough to do a research report on.
Or use this link: http://www.nestle.com/aboutus/businessprinciples/report-your-concerns#
to report these local champions in Nigeria to the global business. I am definite they will take action if the news about the poor ethical standards here are piling up.
Lets keep it going guys.
And for those waiting, don't just wait. Get on with anything else and try to prove to yourself that you have control over your own life, not some HR people who find themselves in some position.
Like I have said before, the world is a circle for some reason. It goes round, and this will not be an exception. They will have their turn, especially if they deliberately want to play God on people's lives.
Just like they say in Nigerian politics when some people started to play God: "No Man is God".

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Azen: 2:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
@3doursdown, it is sad that I cannot trust Nestle to own their own words.
If you ask me to resume at a particular date, and that date passes without me resuming, it is either you set out to be mischievous or you do not actually have control over your own recruitment process.
The funny thing is that the reason I did not eventually work for Nestle is as ridiculous as anything you can think of. I don't want to even go there, cos if you hear it you will be so angry and disappointed. It was not so much about resigning or resuming, its just that the HR believes they cannot be questioned by a candidate. They play God and feel their ego is bruised when you ask the "why" question. And someone else just confirmed that too on this forum. They play God, and think they gave you the job or something so you need to be licking their dirty butts or so. I don't role like that, I will give you feedback if you are messing up, even if you are my boss. Where I come from, we believe in 360 feedback, no story.
If they are looking for "yes men" to join their business, I know they can certainly get plenty of them, but we will see in the long run. Right now, business is good, so all is looking good. Lets see what happens when their is a strain on bottom line, that is when everything will be questioned, including the quality of people that are being hired and the hiring process. I am no "yes man", I question things, and I do it respectfully. And I am grateful to God up till this point, I do not feel like I lost out for not working with Nestle. I just feel disappointed cos even in the process, I reminded the HR that we had an agreement on certain things and all she could say was that our agreement was just words. That is how low they are. If you cannot honour your word, you are a politician. Pure and simple, their is nothing as unprofessional as that. You are a bloody opportunist and don't deserve to be anywhere near a professional establishment. I suppose a feedback like that is clear, stern and simple. But it is true, and I do not bloody care if you think your ego is bruised. I know myself, and my God no dey fail me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by CHM11: 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
OP Forget it, I think its gone with the wind.

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2015
This is one of my best threads ever on Nairaland. I'm presently going through the same thing waiting and about reaching 12 months soon. But the many stories shared here gave me closure and I'm happy I've since resumed elsewhere. The big one now is nothing more than a back up, while I happily go about doing my job and also seeking further new opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
3doursdown:
This is one of my best threads ever on Nairaland. I'm presently going through the same thing waiting and about reaching 12 months soon. But the many stories shared here gave me closure and I'm happy I've since resumed elsewhere. The big one now is nothing more than a back up, while I happily go about doing my job and also seeking further new opportunities.
Lol, this thread is still here?

Nestle sent one weird regret mail 6 months after interview success mail.....

Here's what they do.

They bring in their children, relations and family friends and keep them as contract staff.
When new openings come up, they put up advert where thousands apply. They conducts tests and interviews. Those that passed all the screenings are kept on waiting while the IM contract guys do medicals and resume for the same opening.
A few months later when the whole recruitment smoke have died down and the Nestle Global watch wouldn't ask questions, Nestle Nigeria sends regret mails to the candidates that were kept waiting.

Its their loss tho.

I will never forget this thread because I got contacted by many people, one of whom gave me my current job (much much much better than what Nestle would have offered).

Nestle Nigeria HR should continue, its only a matter of time.

Mediocrity!!!

6 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2015
CHM11:
OP Forget it, I think its gone with the wind.

Lol, they are History, I don't even remember applying to Nestle.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by MeezPat(f): 11:00am On Feb 19, 2017
You are very correct.Those ppl are notorious.I have a friend who is contract waiting to b staffed.she didnt evn do interview.only induction
RileyFreeman1:

Lol, they are History, I don't even remember applying to Nestle.

2 Likes

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by xclusiveguy4(m): 5:26am On May 25, 2017
Chigorkizz:

Liar.Nestle'is not an equal opportunity employer.

Am facing same problem.Applied for nutrition advisor(south-east),wrote their function test and did their interview,received a success mail and that was the last i heard from them.

I think they are good at back door recruitment,bias and incompetent

please I've also been sent a mail by the HR to come for an interview will be grateful if you can help with any info yusufismail4@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by glingev(m): 12:46am On Mar 18, 2019
I sat and passed the Nestlé assessment for Field Sales Manager conducted by Dragnet in 2016 and passed both the Interview and driving test.

While some candidates were employed and others got regret mails, I was informed by Nestlé HR that the position is on hold and they will reach out to me once the recruitment process is re opened but lo and behold I am still here I have spent three years waiting and hoping all to no avail.

Don't know what to do/think right now especially having gone through others experience on this thread. Nestlé HR a regret letter would have been appreciated.

So sad right now. But I know all will be well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nestle!!!...why This????...sad!!! by Ogbetaejesei: 2:57pm On Feb 25, 2022
Please,will Nestle call someone's line directly at any point in the recruitment process rather than sending mail or sms?Am asking cos I work in an environment where I don't have access to my phone all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How I Was Lured By Gnld / Nnpc Salary Scale For Fresh Graduate / My Encounter With My Ex-girlfriend - Company Owner Shares Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.