Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

What More Do You Know About Angels? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What More Do You Know About Angels? (4746 Views)

Things You Need To Know About Angels / "What Does The Bible Say About Angels?" / Why Did Genesis 1 And Genesis 2 Not Say Anything About Angels? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What More Do You Know About Angels? by charlisco(m): 5:52pm On Oct 18, 2005
Since from the age of 12, I am inquisitive on who angels really are?
· How do they look like?
· What type of clothes do they put on?
· Are there female/male angels?
· Do they procreate just as we humans do?
· Let me get your view based on this subject, as it will go a long way to my findings
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by WesleyanA(f): 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2005
buhaahahahahahahahahahaha grin

how old are you now? undecided
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by layi(m): 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2005
@Wes
Just because u havent experienced somethings doesnt nullify its existence. U aint all-knowing mind u. I'm sure in years to come..u'll know not all that happens on earth can be explained logically.

@charlisco
I have had an experience wit angels (amidst several divine encounters). 3 men rescued me from a gang of 8 robbers and dissapeared. It may sound stupid but i got nothing to gain from lying. It happened for real.

Angels do exist in heaven and on earth
They are made from light not dust like humans.
They do not procreate.
They are made as messangers to serve Man and GOD.
Angels like GOD are sexless or better put sexful (both sexes in 1).
Adam too was both until the female characteristics was taken out to form eve........reason for marriage.
Angels usually appear to humans in human form.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Scorpio(f): 4:17am On Oct 19, 2005
I know they exist, they're are alwayz around you. that much is all i really know. about procreatin n stuff cheesy, u got me crackin[have to confess], dunno about that one.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Oracle(m): 4:52am On Oct 19, 2005
angels exist whether believe it or not
there GOD'S messengers
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by fabian(f): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2005
I believe there are angels always watching over us, sometimes God sends them down to help us and they come in human form............. You may laff at me if you like, but that's my conviction.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Motee(f): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2005
Angels are messengers of God. They are our Guardians and they answer your call when you call them or send them out. You need not wait to see them in the physical everytime because they can come in different form.  Seek them and believe.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Greatpeter(m): 12:49pm On Oct 19, 2005
Angels are spirit beings created by God for our protection.

They are our messanger.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by fabian(f): 1:06pm On Oct 19, 2005
Angels are heavenly!
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by mosiate(f): 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2005
angels are beautiful,
angels live in heaven,
angel are god messenger,
angels have wings,
angels can destory and and restore.This all i know about them
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by goodguy(m): 6:19pm On Oct 19, 2005
Angels truely exist. Unlike in the days of the Bible when angels appeared to people, glowing in white shiny clothings, these days, they mostly appear in human forms. Some come to you specifically in form of beggars. I've had so many ecounters like that.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by SirKay3(m): 6:50pm On Oct 19, 2005
They exist and are for real. Like Layi said, I also had a personal experience with one at night in my room, HE actually came visiting.

It may sound unbelievable
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by goodguy(m): 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2005
What did he tell u? grin
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by WesleyanA(f): 12:29am On Oct 20, 2005
angels look sooo lovely. i have a porcelain/glass one in my room.
i love those paintings too they're beautiful. especially those wings they use to fly . grin grin

who thinks unicorns are pretty? undecided i think they are.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by fabian(f): 10:09am On Oct 20, 2005
I have not had any experience with angels, not that i know of though!
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by donnie(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2005
Hebrews:1:14

"Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to serve, for the sake of those who are to obtain salvation?"

How they look should not be an issues since they could take any form, they could look just like human beings(without wings) as shown us in several occasions in the old testament. The bible tells us that Jacob wresttled with a man.that was an angel.

Two angels and the Lord visited Abraham. They looked like normal men. They even ate with Him.

Hebrews 13:2 - Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.   

They are sent by God to minister for us. As christians we have angels that are assigned to us to help us accomplish the tasks given to us by God. We are to instruct them on what to do in our prayers, and not worship them. They are to serve us.

As christains, when we speak in other tongues, we speak the language of angels and they understand us because it is a language of the spirit. Men do not undrstand, God understands and angels understand. Demons, which are wicked angels that rebelled with satan and were cast out of heaven also undersatand.

1 Corinthians 13

" If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels..."

1cor 14:2

" For one who speaks in a tongue speaks not to men but to God; for no one understands him, but he utters mysteries in the Spirit. "

This is  a spiritual prayer language. You can give angels instuctions in other tongues.you can also address demons and tell them where to go in other tongues...

Interesting hun?  wink
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by layi(m): 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2005
Thank You Donnie
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by angelak(f): 3:38pm On Oct 20, 2005
When i was younger i met with my guardian Angel. I woke up from sleep in the middle of the night, it was raining heavily and eventually NEPA took light. I was so scared, i sneaked into my sister's bed. Then something caught my eyes, at the corner of the room i saw someone with his back to the wall.He was average height, wore a white robe and had wings. He just stood there watching him and i just was so scared but i sleep off immediately!

This is for real.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by hotangel2(f): 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2005
Angels are pretty and amazing. They can do stuffs because they have power. Angels are everywhere. There r evil and good angels.

Wow Angela... that's soo wonderfull.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Greatpeter(m): 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2005
angela k:

When i was younger i met with my guardian Angel. I woke up from sleep in the middle of the night, it was raining heavily and eventually NEPA took light. I was so scared, i sneaked into my sister's bed. Then something caught my eyes, at the corner of the room i saw someone with his back to the wall.He was average height, wore a white robe and had wings. He just stood there watching him and i just was so scared but i sleep off immediately!

This is for real.

Angel k, it human's assertion that angel's have wings.
It's a deception.
Angels do not have have wings and if you do not believe me please proff it that angels have wings.
I put it to you again that Angels haven't wings.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by goodguy(m): 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2005
u too should prove that they don't have wings.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by layi(m): 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2005
@goodguy
angela k:

..................... wore a white robe and had wings.

@GP
Proove it that angels do not have wings OR better still tell her the kind of proove you're seeking.

I know from scriptures that angels are made wit wings. Celestial beigns (aviaries) were made after their order.
If they apear to people wit wings is another issue but methinks they appear as humans.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Greatpeter(m): 10:55pm On Oct 20, 2005
Layi that is it.
They appear as humans without wings.
When we talk of celestial body, we are talking of heavenly body.

When God created us, He did so in His own image and that is the image of God Himself.
God did not create man and angels with wings.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by layi(m): 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2005
@GP.
How do u know angels are made in GOD's image like humans.

@goodguy.
I pointed out ur error and u went to delete it making me look like what?
U should have made a post accepting ur mistake rather than modifying. A lot of people accept their mistakes..HA, scorpio, wesley etc.
Its not a stain to ur image...rather accepting it openly is a plus. Its not d best.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by WesleyanA(f): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2005
gosh. i should just start a new topic about toothfairies and unicorns  and see how many posts it  gets  rolleyes
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by Greatpeter(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2005
Layi study your bible on Angels I'm not anyway in a good frame of mind.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by layi(m): 11:57pm On Oct 20, 2005
Dont refer me to the bible. Show me where it is there. I'm patient. Let me know when u r in a good frame of mind.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by WesleyanA(f): 12:01am On Oct 21, 2005
@layi, do you believe in toothfairies too? just curious. undecided i have a friend who still does.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by goodguy(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2005
@Layi, I'm sorry. I actually did accept my mistake. I just didnt feel like typing anymore. As you can see, I didnt post any other thing till this morning.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by fabian(f): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2005
Its all good, we all believe in Angels...... at least that's settled.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by SirKay3(m): 10:46pm On Oct 21, 2005
@ goodguy.

The Angel in question actually stood by the doorside leading to my room (I was laid on the bed that night), was in bright shining white robe, with golden like hair and like that for 5mins, just smiling at me, before I finally slept off.

Suddenly in my sleep I found myself in heaven, in fact it was the same Angel that took my hands and led me to the throne where I heard them singing the song in Rev 4 vs 11, Thou art worthy O Lord to receive glory, honour and power, for Thou art created all things and for Thy pleasure, they are and were created. I saw the four and twenty elders spoken of in Rev 4 vs 10, but didnt quite see the PERSON on the throne

It's an encounter I will never forget in my life.

On the 6th of July 2003, my whole family was down and was admitted in Light Hospital (that's my family hospital) around Alimosho area in Lagos. I have 3 kids, 2boys and 1 girl. My 2nd boy had blood transfussion and was unconscious till Wed, 9th of July 2003, by 12noon, when the unexpected happened.

He was on the hospital bed in the same room with us all, the 5 of us. He just opened his eyes like that and started smiling, then laughing, which was surprising to the 4 of us. Suddenly, he just bursted out laughing so loud, which made me stop him and asked what the problem is, to which he said loudly, "HE SAID IT IS FINISHED". Daddy, cant you see him, he's playing with me now, tickling my sides and making fun of me. My wife then asked him who it was, to which he said its an angel that came with Jesus Christ and they were about going when he started laughing.

I ran to tell the Doctor the story, which was told ward round in the hospital and people started flocking to our room. The most surprising thing is that, the boy said he's hungry and asked to be given hot amala, which he finished with orisirisi meat, another tests were conducted on us all and we were discharged from the hospital that same day.

Up till now, we've not gone for any treatment in the hospital o.
Re: What More Do You Know About Angels? by goodguy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2005
This is a very interesting story encounter i must say. I really thank God for you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Manufactured The Bible? / Can It Get Any Lower? (religious Idiocy) / Ask For Spiritual Sight By Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.