Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Who Manufactured The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Manufactured The Bible? (4745 Views)

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? / EBOLA Is Manufactured By Satan – T.B. JOSHUA / What's Your Favourite Verse(s)/chapter(s) In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Manufactured The Bible? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Apr 01, 2009
Who Manufactured or Published The Bible??
Pressin question.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by JeSoul(f): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2009
brein:

Who Manufactured The Bible??

National Publishing Company?
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2009
JeSoul, i dont think so! Or do i say who (which body) wrote d holy scriptures? Am confused. shocked
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by mazaje(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2009
brein:

JeSoul, i dont think so! Or do i say who (which body) wrote d holy scriptures? Am confused. shocked

mostly unknown writers. . . .
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by KunleOshob(m): 3:34pm On Apr 01, 2009
The bible was not written by any body in particuler, it is a collection of 66 books written by various authors over a period of at leat two thousand years. The bible was canonized (compiled) by the catholic church at the council of Nicea in 325AD, the original catholic bible ghad 80 books. The common bible which is widely circulated today as only 66 books this is due to the fact that martin luther (protestant leader) felt the apocrypha books(14 of them) did not have spiritual value. as at the time the bible was being cannonized there were over 600books claimed to be scripture being used by christians for inspiration, many of them were fake and they contradicted each other. The cannonization of accepted books was aimed at stopping this confusion in the church at that time.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by JeSoul(f): 3:45pm On Apr 01, 2009
brein:

Better.
Kunle has given a summary or look it up in wikipedia for details of where and when. I'll add that some believe the bible is the word of God, written by man. Others believe its a flawed book and not every word is from God. Its your perogative to choose which you want to believe.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2009
KunleOshob:

The bible was not written by any body in particuler, it is a collection of 66 books written by various authors over a period of at leat two thousand years. The bible was canonized (compiled) by the catholic church at the council of Nicea in 325AD, the original catholic bible ghad 80 books. The common bible which is widely circulated today as only 66 books this is due to the fact that martin luther (protestant leader) felt the apocrypha books(14 of them) did not have spiritual value. as at the time the bible was being cannonized there were over 600books claimed to be scripture being used by christians for inspiration, many of them were fake and they contradicted each other. The cannonization of accepted books was aimed at stopping this confusion in the church at that time.
kunle the council of nicea did not decide the books of the bible.The books of the bible were decided by the synod of hippo IN 393AD and later reaffirmed by the local council of carthage in 397AD.These meetings were presided over by st Augustine of hippo.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by KunleOshob(m): 12:50pm On Apr 02, 2009
chukwudi44:

kunle the council of nicea did not decide the books of the bible.The books of the bible were decided by the synod of hippo IN 393AD and later reaffirmed by the local council of carthage in 397AD.These meetings were presided over by st Augustine of hippo.

You are not exactly right here the first compilation was done in 325AD it was only ratified in carthage in 397AD.

[/quote]
The number of books originally considered for inclusion in the Bible is uncertain. We do know Constantine ordered 50 copies of the Bible to be produced by Eusebius in 325 AD to end any dispute over this, which basically left this important decision to Eusebius alone. This collection set the standard. The first ecclesiastical councils to classify the canonical books were both held in North Africa-at Hippo Regius in 393 and at Carthage in 397. [quote]
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Nobody: 9:56am On Apr 03, 2009
You guys shld try as much and be specific rather than delibrating on who canonized the Bible.
Thanks cool
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Christino(m): 10:01am On Apr 03, 2009
Hey, please visit http://www.biblesociety-nigeria.org/

That should help.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Truth11: 11:20am On Apr 03, 2009
brein:

Who Manufactured The Bible?? Pressin question.

Or do i say who (which body) wrote d holy scriptures? Am confused. shocked

Not sure what you are wanting and assuming that you are wanting to knowabout the author here are my two mites. (Its possible that you may be wanting to know how the Bible was published in which case my inputs can be ignored).

Same author as the one who wrote the Ten Commandments.

As the dictation took about 1,400 years, but due to the life-span limitations of the secretaries (mortals) who could not keep pace with age it was required to bring in new secretaries, mainly prophets and apostles. It is to be noted that the recording techniques were also not state-of-the-art. The one giving dictation is known as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, without beginning and without end, Ancient of days, Eternal and Immortal,  therefore it is believed around 40 secretaries (prophets and apostles) took down the notes for 66 books that we have today as the Bible. Some attribute the books to the writers, but any born again person reading in Spirit can make out that every word carries the voice of the Lord).
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2009
This can be best explained by Brian Edwards, in his book Nothing But the Truth (Darlington, UK: Evangelical Press, 2006).  p.116-143.

"The Holy Spirit moved men to write.  He allowed them to use their own style, culture, gifts and character, to use the results of their own study and research, to write of their own experiences and to express what was in their mind.  At the same time, the Holy Spirit did not allow error to influence their writings; He overruled in the expression of thought and in the choice of words.  Thus they recorded accurately all that God wanted them to say and exactly how He wanted them to say it, in their own character, style and language." 

Read 2 Peter 1:18-21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by KunleOshob(m): 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

This can be best explained by Brian Edwards, in his book Nothing But the Truth (Darlington, UK: Evangelical Press, 2006). p.116-143.

"The Holy Spirit moved men to write. He allowed them to use their own style, culture, gifts and character, to use the results of their own study and research, to write of their own experiences and to express what was in their mind. At the same time, the Holy Spirit did not allow error to influence their writings; He overruled in the expression of thought and in the choice of words. Thus they recorded accurately all that God wanted them to say and exactly how He wanted them to say it, in their own character, style and language."

What is the biblical basis for these allusions

Jeremiah 8:8-10:

8 “‘How can you say, “We are wise because we have the word of the Lord,”
when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies?

9 These wise teachers will fall
into the trap of their own foolishness,
for they have rejected the word of the Lord.
Are they so wise after all?
10 I will give their wives to others
and their farms to strangers.
From the least to the greatest,
t[b]heir lives are ruled by greed.
Yes, even my prophets and priests are like that.
They are all frauds.
[/b]

Even the bible acknowledges that the scriptures have been twisted by the scribes that wrote it. The good news version of the bible even states this more clearly

Jeremiah 8:8-10 :
How can you say you are wise and that you know my laws? Look the laws have been changed by dishonest scribes. 9 Your wise men are put to shame; they are confused and trapped. They have rejected my words ; what wisdom do they have now? 10 So i will give their fields to new owners and their wives to other men. Everyone, great and small tries to make money dishonestly. Even prophets and priests cheat the people.

Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2009
KunleOshob:

2 Peter 1:18-21 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17 are the "biblical basis" of the gospel truth, do you read the Bible at all?

Let me clarify some of your misconceptions about the compilation of the Bible.

[list]
[li]The Bible was inspired or produced by the Holy Spirit and through the vessels of holy prophets (OT) and apostles (NT) of God[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The Bible (OT) was then compiled by the Levites in and by the ark of covenant[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The Bible (NT) was compiled by the early church (not the RCC) and most were distributed and read in their respective churches[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The Bible which was already widely accepted and read by believers in Christ was only ratified by the then councils which the RCC may want to lay claim to.[/li]
[/list]

Therefore, Councils only ratified what the church had already done; no council or pope imposed upon the churches books that they had not already accepted. 

The Old Testament was compiled over several thousand years, but the New Testament was compiled within one lifetime.  Paul's letters, though sent to specific churches, were circulated as a group, often accompanied with the Old Testament.

The books of the New testament were written during the last half of the 1st century.  This was because of the limitations of communication and transportation, which slowed down the time that it took the books to reach christians in churches that were scattered all over the then known world  before the canon was finally settled.

Councils only ratified what the church had already done; no council or pope imposed upon the churches books that they had not already accepted.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by KunleOshob(m): 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2009
@OLAADEGBU
your penchant to quote quote the bible out of context is lengendary and your poor understanding of the bible is appalling, both so-called biblical basis for your allusions are not even relevant to the topic. When paul used the term "all scripture" in the book of timothy, the bible did not even exist and it would not be compiled until at least 250 years after paul mmade that statement so he definitely could not have been refering to the bible as we know it today. The passage in 2 peter you mis-quoted again is even farther from the truth than the timothy example, here peter is testifying that he heard the voice of God when he proclaimed jesus to be his son, how does that relate to writing the bible  and what he said is from God is "prophecy in scripture" (prophecy being the key word)not all the scriptures themselves and as we already know srcipture is not necessarily what is in the bible as the bible did not exist then. Thirdly it is really very dishonest of you to claim that the bible was compiled by the early church and not the RCC just becos of your bias against the church. Even the most ignorant christians know that the bible was compiled by the RCC and all other churches including whatever church you attand hvae their origins in the RCC so stop spreading ignorance. I would post the passages you quoted below so people can see how you tried to quote the bible out of context to confuse them. (this behaviour is very common amongst pentecostals)

2 Timothy 3:16-17:
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

2 Peter 1:18-21:
18 We ourselves heard that voice from heaven when we were with him on the holy mountain.
   19 Because of that experience, we have even greater confidence in the message proclaimed by the prophets. You must pay close attention to what they wrote, for their words are like a lamp shining in a dark place—until the Day dawns, and Christ the Morning Star shines[a] in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must realize that no[b] prophecy in Scripture [/b]ever came from the prophet’s own understanding,[b] 21 or from human initiative. No, those prophets were moved by the Holy Spirit, and they spoke from God.

PS: I would have tought you would learn a thing or two from Jeremiah 8:8 but alas
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2009
@KunleOshob,

I leave this scripture with you which Peter confirmed as one of the Scriptures that God used Paul to write. Meditate on them to be sure that you don't fall into the category Peter was addressing.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction".

- 2 Peter 3:15-16
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by toneyb: 1:43pm On Apr 03, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

2 Peter 1:18-21 and 2 Timothy 3:16-17 are the "biblical basis" of the gospel truth, do you read the Bible at all?

Let me clarify some of your misconceptions about the compilation of the Bible.

[list]
[li]The Bible was inspired or produced by the Holy Spirit and through the vessels of holy prophets (OT) and apostles (NT) of God[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The Bible (OT) was then compiled by the Levites in and by the ark of covenant[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The Bible (NT) was compiled by the early church (not the RCC) and most were distributed and read in their respective churches[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]The Bible which was already widely accepted and read by believers in Christ was only ratified by the then councils which the RCC may want to lay claim to.[/li]
[/list]

Councils only ratified what the church had already done; no council or pope imposed upon the churches books that they had not already accepted.

It's always good to tell sweet lies for Jesus right? grin
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Apr 03, 2009
toneyb:

I don't blame you, I put the blame on your heroes of deception; Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion respectively.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by KunleOshob(m): 2:02pm On Apr 03, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

@KunleOshob,

I leave this scripture with you which Peter confirmed as one of the Scriptures that God used Paul to write.  Meditate on them to be sure that you don't fall into the category Peter was addressing.

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction".

- 2 Peter 3:15-16
I have no doubt in my mind that apostle Paul and peter were inspired by God, however that does not suffice to say that every word of all the 66 books or is it 80 books of the bible were inspired by God. apart from the obvious contradictions you would come across in some books of the bible(you would know this if you actually study your bible properly) The passage i quoted earlier in jeremiah states clearly that the priests/prophets/scribes of old twisted the word and laws of God(scriptures) what more evidence do you need   even Jesus christ accused prophets that came before him as being dishonest in John 10:8 ; All who came before me were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them.

Clearly we don't have any evidence that the bible is 100% the word of God we only have the testimony of the RCC that compiled it (even though you detest the RCC so much) Many pastors claim the bible is undiluted becos that is were they get their authority from and they want want to start creating doubts in the minds of people, but if you are a true christian and the spirit is in you you would realize that you don't even need written words to know God.

2 Corinthians 3:3:
3 Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 Corinthians 3:6:
6 He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant. This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit. The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Recognise: 2:14pm On Apr 03, 2009
Couldnt resist but to quickly chip in

As OLAADEGBU implied

Yeah, all scripture(s) is/was inspired by God

but as for RCC's translations

NO! Translation(s) for that matter AREN'T NECESSARILY inspired by God

[center](Thank God "Modify" feature is back)[/center]
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:14pm On Apr 03, 2009
The Spirit of the Lord speaks expressely;

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

- 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

He that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit of God says.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:19pm On Apr 03, 2009
Recognise:

Couldnt resist but to quickly chipped in

As OLAADEGBU implied

Yes, all scripture is inspired by God

but RCC not all translation(s) is/was inspired by God

[center]Thank God "Modify" feature is back[/center]

Absolutely.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by toneyb: 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

The Spirit of the Lord speaks expressely;

Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

- 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

So because people do not believe or receive the love of truth according to the bible, God then decides to send them stong delusions so that they should believe a lie? . And condemn them for believing in the lie he made them to believe in?
OLAADEGBU:

I don't blame you, I put the blame on your heroes of deception; Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code and Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion respectively.

Dan Brown is a writer of fiction. Every body with a functioning brain who cares to do a little research into the history of the bible knows that the bible was complied about 350 yeahs after the alleged death and resurrection of Jesus by the RCC.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by KunleOshob(m): 3:37pm On Apr 03, 2009
toneyb:

@OLAADEGBU
You see how you embarass your self and other faithfuls by resorting to lies to defend your beliefs and overzealouness when it is quite evident that you like most evengelicals have little or no understanding of the bible and the christian faith. You argue on things you don't know or have knowledge of instead of you to be meek and humble and learn in silence. If you really understood the gospel of christ you would realize how beautiful it is and you would not have to resort to lies to defend it, cos there is NO contoversy in the true gospel of christ and it cannot be controverted by even the most zealous atheist.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Truth11: 3:15am On Apr 04, 2009
Quote from: OLAADEGBU on Yesterday at 12:15:13 PM
This can be best explained by Brian Edwards, in his book Nothing But the Truth (Darlington, UK: Evangelical Press, 2006). p.116-143.
"The Holy Spirit moved men to write. He allowed them to use their own style, culture, gifts and character, to use the results of their own study and research, to write of their own experiences and to express what was in their mind. At the same time, the Holy Spirit did not allow error to influence their writings; He overruled in the expression of thought and in the choice of words. Thus they recorded accurately all that God wanted them to say and exactly how He wanted them to say it, in their own character, style and language."

KunleOshob:

What, Biblical basis for understanding whether the Bible is the word of God!!?? Abraham was right, "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "
Read the Bible and conclude for yourself whether it be the word of God. Reject it or love it - God has given a freewill, but remember that judgement will be there for this choice.

Bible has been given to the world as the word of God. People can be over smart and shut their eyes and open them in hell like the rich man in Luke 16, or humble like Lazarus and follow it now.

Jesus answered, "A wicked and adulterous generation asks for a miraculous sign! But none will be given it except the sign of the prophet Jonah.

God of the Bible cannot be seen in huge violent debates, earthquakes or storms but in a gentle whisper. Silence your confusing, deliberate, unbelieving loud voices and come near to the creator of heavens and earth in humility and gentleness, he speaks to all he created.

Blessings
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2009
@kunle osho

The council of nicea was called to decide on the nature of Jesus,whether he was actually man or God not to decide the books of the bible.The major participants at that council was Arius and Athanasius of Alexandria.The first church council that deliberated on the books of the bible was the synod of hippo in 393AD.

@Oladegbu
If you dont like the fact that the RCC decided the books of the bible just throw it away but stop telling lies the same bible preaches against
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by mazaje(m): 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2009
chukwudi44:

@kunle osho

The council of nicea was called to decide on the nature of Jesus,whether he was actually man or God not to decide the books of the bible.The major participants at that council was Arius and Athanasius of Alexandria.The first church council that deliberated on the books of the bible was the synod of hippo in 393AD.

chukwudi44 what was jesus'nature before the final decision was reached about him in the council of nicea?

@Oladegbu
If you dont like the fact that the RCC decided the books of the bible just throw it away but stop telling lies the same bible preaches against

grin grin grin oladegbu go throw off your bible, because the RCC chose the books that are inside. . . .
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by Horus(m): 3:58pm On Apr 04, 2009
Who manufactured The Bible?.Why does the Torah speak from the third person singular instead of the first person singular? This is as if someone is recording events of what God is saying. (For example Genesis 1:3 says) "and God said, let there be light, [/b]so it can not be God writing the Bible. The question here is [b]"who is doing the recording?"
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by sammyzacks(m): 5:24pm On Apr 04, 2009
horus,
the bible was not dropped from heaven, it was not written by God either.
It was by men inspired by the spirit of God.

Moses, David, Paul, John,Luke, Mathew and a whole lot of them took part in this.

So never expect that the Bible is a book sent down from God. No.

Nevertheless, God gave the inspiration.
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by sammyzacks(m): 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2009
mazaje,

Show me a book that is close to the authenticity of the Bible?
Re: Who Manufactured The Bible? by mazaje(m): 5:35pm On Apr 04, 2009
sammyzacks:

mazaje,

Show me a book that is close to the authenticity of the Bible?

Harry porter or the koran. . . . . by the way what do you mean by authenticity. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Errors And Biblical Contradictions In The Bible / Breaking The Yoke Of Barrenness / Get Your Christian And Muslim Novels At An Affordable Prices!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.