Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? (988 Views)

With The Naira Problem,can One Still Buy Stuffs Online With Official Rates ($) / Do People Still Buy And Sell Mobile Data Bundle? / Things You Can Still Buy With 5naira In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by EndtimeBlessing: 10:18pm On Jun 12, 2015
Every time I come to Nairaland, I see China importation business threads. Of course I understand why It has to be China. But my question is - do Nigerian businesses (traders, manufacturers or service providers) still buy anything from the UK like it was before? or Do individuals still come to the UK for shopping like before? What has been the effect of the unfavourable Naira-Pounds conversion rate?
Re: Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by rhames(m): 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
EndtimeBlessing:
Every time I come to Nairaland, I see China importation business threads. Of course I understand why It has to be China. But my question is - do Nigerian businesses (traders, manufacturers or service providers) still buy anything from the UK like it was before? or Do individuals still come to the UK for shopping like before? What has been the effect of the unfavourable Naira-Pounds conversion rate?

We still buy some machineries like Perkins FG Wilson generators which is the number 1 diesel gen in Nigeria.
Re: Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by sonnie10: 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
rhames:

We still buy some machineries like Perkins FG Wilson generators which is the number 1 diesel gen in Nigeria.

Do you buy Olympia and caterpillar
Re: Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by EndtimeBlessing: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2015
Thanks for your feedback rhames.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by rhames(m): 4:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
sonnie10:

Do you buy Olympia and caterpillar

yes we do
Re: Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by sonnie10: 5:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
rhames:

yes we do

But most of the are US, 120,208 and 240v . No 220V. can they convert it?
Re: Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by rhames(m): 5:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
sonnie10:

But most of the are US, 120,208 and 240v . No 220V. can they convert it?

Some experienced electricians in the generator biz do that. The 240v is more preferred here.
Re: Do Nigerians Still Buy Anything From The UK? by debbydee(f): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2015
some people still buy fashionable items from UK.

(1) (Reply)

PACKAGED Water Treatment Plant / Make Money Online Reading News / All Satoshi Investors Let's Meet Here Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.