Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,913 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable? (656 Views)

Multi-niche Or Single Niche Blog: Which Way Should You Go? / Which Is Preferable; Whogohost Or Web4africa? / Between Forum And Blog, Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable? by goverment(m): 4:31am On Jun 13, 2015
"I want to start making money online. Should i create a blog or a website? Which is preferable? Am confuse"....Linda Blair

Most bloggers want earn a living or run a business through online, along the way they get stock up or confuse with the word WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable?. Some bloggers don't have the accurate knowledge before they start blogging, but along the line they realise that they would have create a website instead of a blog. Due to the complication in setting up a website, people rush to blog because it easy to setup.

Which one do you prefer in generating money online or driving in traffic? So the question come up again WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable? I think the decision is up to you

Before you make that decision, let's discuss about a Blog and a Website.

BLOG

What Is A Blog

Blog consist of discrete entries or post typically display in reverse chronological order. It is formerly known as Weblog full of discussion or information in World Wide Web.

Blog is easy and cheap to setup. It contain Comment which allow readers to communicate with the blog author. It contain links that redirect readers to another webpage or post within the blog. All the post are been organise by date and time usually reverse in chronological order

Should I Blog?

Blog is all about regular update of fresh information. If you intend to blog that means you have to choose a topic that will be compel to make regular update. That is a lot work for you, but having passion and effort to blog will help you to succeed.

Content is king to your blog. Due to regular update of information, readers will be compel to visit and read the post on your blog. Have you thought about irregular update to your blog? You will be losing lot of readers because your blog lack enough content.

Create A Blog

There are two popular blog platform known as [/b] and [b]Wordpress

The two blog platform allow you to create a free blog from their platform, and it is easy and cheap for to setup a blog with them. They also have inbuilt software that allow you to write and edit your post and publish it.

NOTE We highly encourage all blogger to register for a self host blog instead of free host blog[/b]

WEBSITE

What Is A Website

Website is a collection of webpages that can be access through internet. The webpages can contain any type of information, graphics, pictures, sounds, videos, animation etc.

Let go into detail about Webpage and Website
* Website are set of webpages usually serve from a single domain, and also host from a single web server. It can be accessible with the help of a network call internet or a Local Area Network (LAN)
* Webpages are document written in a formatted text call Hypertext Makeup Language (HTML, XHTML). It can be access and transfer through a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP). With the help web browser, it display the webpage to what you are seeing now on www.davinstower.com.

Two Type Of Website

There are two type of website which is known as Dynamic and Static website.
* Static Website is a website that the information does not change. It remain static for viewers.
* Dynamic Website is a website in which the information in it changes with time and day,

Should I create A Website?

People generally look to a website to find information that they need. Like student looking for pictures, quote for their project, looking for where to spend holidays, vacations, summers or honeymoon.

People also look for a website for bestsellers, ebooks, downloading of softwares, dating and discussion about what they are interested of.

NOTE Creating a website is not base on your interest but is on the interest of your visitor

Where To Create A Website

There are two important things to have in mind when creating a website. Creating a website involve a Domain and a Web host (sever).

You can register for a domain and web host from
* Utiware
* Qservers
* Hostgator
* Syskay System

Software For Website

You have control your website design and layout since it is easy to work directly with this codes CSS, HTML, XHTML, PHP, Perl, JQuery, JavaScript, Boostrap, CGL etc. It is better to start with HTML, CSS, JavaSCRIPT. Unlike blog, managing the design and layout, the coding is a bit complex because it contains different files and its not straight forward.

FTP (File Transfer Proocol) is a software you can use to publish your post to your website. Unlike blog, the publishing functionality is an inbuilt one to the blog platform which require you no tool for publishing content.

NOTE Some website has inbuilt FTPs

You can design your website or create a website template software such as:<br>
* Adobe Muse
* Dreamweaver
* FrontPage
* Artisteer
* Adobe GoLive
* Microsoft FrontPage
* GNU Emacs (open source)

I must tell you that it is recommend that you learn HTML, CSS from scratch than starting with software. Starting with software will delay your understanding to website design

So the question is up to you, WEBSITE AND BLOG, which is preferable?

READ MORE>> http://www.davinstower.com/website-and-blog-which-is-preferable_92/#sthash.FCDUh1EW.dpbs
Re: WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable? by Dmayor7(m): 6:34am On Jun 13, 2015
wonderful!.....
Wow! You did a nice article here...
May i add this...
If you are also torn between choosing which one to go for; blog or forum?
Then read this my answer on this nairaland thread.... click here
Re: WEBSITE AND BLOG; Which Is Preferable? by goverment(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dmayor7, I appreciate your comment

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Professional Website Builder In Ibadan? / I Need Partners To Start A FORUM / Complete Review Of The Latest Lenovo Yoga 900

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.