Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) (28827 Views)

Two Young Nigerian Men Fight Publicly At A Train Station In Europe (Pics, Video) / Housewife Who Stabbed Husband To Death Over 'baba Ijebu' Bags 7 Years Jail Time / 2 Nigerians Get Life Imprisonment In Qatar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by john650(m): 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
agarawu23:
chai!!! 55 years embarassed

people still believe in "shortcut to success"

What you worked for with your two hands and sweat will definitely last forever.....
While their crime deserves some punishment, 55 years for smuggling small quantities of drug is excessive. How many years would a murderer get? Three to five years would have been sufficient punishment to make them have a rethink. And if they continue, then the courts can scale up the punishment to 10 - 15 years.

Why waste a young person's life for smuggling a few kilos of hard drugs? They need to be rehabilitated, not put away for life. Our laws are so out of date. The judges metting out this punishments lack basic common sense. Where are they going to house these people? Is it in that colonial era Enugu prison that is a death trap? What about our politicians that steal billions everyday? Has any of them gone to jail?

2 Likes

Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by ak47mann(m): 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Humble77:

These people again!
I think FG should shutdown Enugu Airport...we can not allow
ibos to destroy national asset.

Watch ur mouth........!
shut down lagos airport you mean or better be careful of South West ibadan must be home for devils http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/fetish-419-syndicate-paraded-in-ibadan/#sthash.FCqZZ6JQ.dpuf cool

Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by ecko22: 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
[Something is wrong with you thinkingquote author=chiefinalowo post=34725268]

These people again!
I think FG should shutdown Enugu Airport...we can not allow ibos to destroy national asset.[/quote]
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by Sagamite(m): 12:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
Aminat508:
A Federal High Court sitting in Enugu, has sentenced two drug traffickers to fifty-five years in jail.

One of the convicts, Deborah Okafor, a 30-year-old professional dancer, was charged with conspiracy, trafficking and unlawful possession of 3.450kg of amphetamine, while the other, Iheme Onyemauchechukwu, was charged with trafficking and unlawful importation of 9.975kg of heroin. They were both arrested at the Enugu airport.

A statement by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency said Okafor would have been paid the sum of $3,500 if she successfully made her trip to Malaysia.

She was convicted and sentenced by Justice D. V. Agishi to 10 years each in counts one and two and 20 years in count three making her sentence 40 years altogether.

The second convict, Onyemauchechukwu, 27, was charged with trafficking and unlawful importation of 9.975kg of heroin. He was convicted as charged and sentenced to 10 years in count one with a fine of N1m and five years in count two with a fine of N500,000,000.

Okafor reportedly hid 3.450kg of amphetamine inside the pockets of jean trousers in her luggage.

She told the court that she was broke and needed money. “I had been approached on many occasions to smuggle drugs but I declined. I thought that I could earn some quick money in few days,” she stated.

Onyemauchechukwu said he was recruited in Tanzania by a suspected drug cartel in East Africa. He told investigators that he smuggled drugs because he was stranded.

“I used to sell phone accessories before I left the country. I wanted to go to Malaysia in search of job opportunities but I was stranded in Tanzania. Then I met a Nigerian who gave me money and promised to assist me get back to Nigeria. He offered to give me some money to start up my business. He later took me to Bujumbura in Burundi where I was given 9.975kg of heroin hidden inside cosmetics,” he stated.

NDLEA Chairman,Ahmadu Giade, expressed satisfaction with the judgment.

He said, “While this punishment is expected to correct the convicts, it will equally help to deter others from getting involved in drug trafficking. The agency commits huge resources in drug investigation, arrests and prosecution. Judgment like this will further lend credence to the nation’s anti-drug campaign.”

Source:http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/06/pictured-two-young-nigerians-get-55.html?m=1

Sick, dumbarse stuuuupid country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerian-wonder-n27bn-pension-thief-gets-n750000-fine/
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by Charly68: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Very good for them
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by ebuskalabe(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
nigerians repent
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by cyzzy: 12:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
chiefinalowo:

These people again!
I think FG should shutdown Enugu Airport...we can not allow ibos to destroy national asset.

Are u OK?
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by tiger28: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
That enugu airport needs to be quickly shut down before it is entered into Guiness book of record as the most trafficked drug route. Something that's supposed to be a blessing, una wan destroy am??these people! Just in 2 years una don pass all the drugs seized in Muritala Mohammed Airport in 40 years.
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by tiger28: 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2015
jossyj:

you are here again is tinubu and kashamu biafrans?
Because we are not part of the fraud called Nigeria that's why yorubas and hausas commits same crime and go free and will not let us stay on our own.
the point people are making is that 95% of all drug pushers are from there, such a small area. I can easily fit 10 pages full of names .
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by DrGroove(f): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
Always them! The hard working tribe!! Didn't need to open the thread to find out!! Even the women are not left out! Ndigbo..Shame!

1 Like

Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by jidebaba69(m): 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2015
Aminat508:
A Federal High Court sitting in Enugu, has sentenced two drug traffickers to fifty-five years in jail.

One of the convicts, Deborah Okafor, a 30-year-old professional dancer, was charged with conspiracy, trafficking and unlawful possession of 3.450kg of amphetamine, while the other, Iheme Onyemauchechukwu, was charged with trafficking and unlawful importation of 9.975kg of heroin. They were both arrested at the Enugu airport.

A statement by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency said Okafor would have been paid the sum of $3,500 if she successfully made her trip to Malaysia.

She was convicted and sentenced by Justice D. V. Agishi to 10 years each in counts one and two and 20 years in count three making her sentence 40 years altogether.

The second convict, Onyemauchechukwu, 27, was charged with trafficking and unlawful importation of 9.975kg of heroin. He was convicted as charged and sentenced to 10 years in count one with a fine of N1m and five years in count two with a fine of N500,000,000.

Okafor reportedly hid 3.450kg of amphetamine inside the pockets of jean trousers in her luggage.

She told the court that she was broke and needed money. “I had been approached on many occasions to smuggle drugs but I declined. I thought that I could earn some quick money in few days,” she stated.

Onyemauchechukwu said he was recruited in Tanzania by a suspected drug cartel in East Africa. He told investigators that he smuggled drugs because he was stranded.

“I used to sell phone accessories before I left the country. I wanted to go to Malaysia in search of job opportunities but I was stranded in Tanzania. Then I met a Nigerian who gave me money and promised to assist me get back to Nigeria. He offered to give me some money to start up my business. He later took me to Bujumbura in Burundi where I was given 9.975kg of heroin hidden inside cosmetics,” he stated.

NDLEA Chairman,Ahmadu Giade, expressed satisfaction with the judgment.

He said, “While this punishment is expected to correct the convicts, it will equally help to deter others from getting involved in drug trafficking. The agency commits huge resources in drug investigation, arrests and prosecution. Judgment like this will further lend credence to the nation’s anti-drug campaign.”

Source:http://www.ladunliadinews.com/2015/06/pictured-two-young-nigerians-get-55.html?m=1

At 30 years old. That's a life sentence!
She can teach other prisoners to dance
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by brownlord: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
And a drug baron like kashamu is in senate representing PDP and Tinubu is a national leader of the ruling party APC.

Nigeria judiacry rewarding highier criminals since 1800 AD
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by oghaski15(f): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
If our so called corrupt leaders are not messing up with power n Nigeria money,there by putting d youth into hunger n joblesness, the yong nigeria wouldn't have been messing around with drugs n all that
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by ochestraone(m): 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
this is why u must jump into the yout boat and move for the rescue with us... The problem of this country should be fought from the youths.. Eradicate the minds from get rich fast.. Changes should start from the youths
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by plankyjacky(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
who will mentor nigerian youth how to to make a living through honest means. I look from the south to the north, it's a pity no name readily came to my mind.
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by bundur(m): 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
This so called court have power only on youths buh dey wl throw out any case concerning top politicians (looters).

I weep 4 our generation.
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by ogaJona(m): 1:28pm On Jun 13, 2015
Humanbeing1st:
HOPE THIS IGBO KIND OF A THING WONT DENT NIGERIA IMAGE PATAPATA OO.
beauty with no brain.
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by ogaJona(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dawdy:
Point Of Correction, Two Young Bianfrans.
what about tinubu a well known drug baron
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by beegs(m): 1:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
VickyRotex:
That's 10 years. Looks like she'd serve all counts at the same time.

Wish them a repentant moment in prison. angry sad
That's 20 years for d lady and 15 for d guy.

But y? He had more drugs
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by agarawu23(m): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
john650:

While their crime deserves some punishment, 55 years for smuggling small quantities of drug is excessive. How many years would a murderer get? Three to five years would have been sufficient punishment to make them have a rethink. And if they continue, then the courts can scale up the punishment to 10 - 15 years.

Why waste a young person's life for smuggling a few kilos of hard drugs? They need to be rehabilitated, not put away for life. Our laws are so out of date. The judges metting out this punishments lack basic common sense. Where are they going to house these people? Is it in that colonial era Enugu prison that is a death trap? What about our politicians that steal billions everyday? Has any of them gone to jail?
these are part of problems facing us in Nigeria.
may God help us.
nice point bro

1 Like

Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by benjsniper33: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
Walkopet:
[size=20pt]Only in South East![/size]

Omo aye to bad grin
If I hear say Ojukwu no carry coke go cote divoire grin
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by pomsky: 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
alberto2k:

[b]kai! leaders of tomorrow mehn angry

! the Youths keep messing around and the Old keep Ruling and messing with Power. . . and some will complain about Youths not been given the chance to rule undecided

shey na this kind people go Rule us
[/b]

[size=14pt].....yeah.......even prisons need leaders![/size]
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by cornel00(m): 1:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
[quote author=bogolobango post=34725627]@cornel00 so u are telling me we have only yoruba and leaders in nigeria

Ya am telling you, since you are too blind to see
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
GOD have save their skull, if they were caught in Malaysia na death strength by firing of AK49.... no cherika bia. Pls.. Naija guys no work is Malaysia for Africa n especially Naijas. better stay in Naija if not school U r coming to do.
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by cornel00(m): 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
oghaski15:
If our so called corrupt leaders are not messing up with power n Nigeria money,there by putting d youth into hunger n joblesness, the yong nigeria wouldn't have been messing around with drugs n all that

Thank you my bro....useless people that reason with their nose...

And for those suggesting the close down of enugu airport,I will like de federal govt to try it,useless nigerians
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by cornel00(m): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
JayJustus:
as usual dem boys will always deliver... we know them...I just check their names and I do what?

*row my kayak outta thread*

PS: Enugu airport should be closed down for good

Fool come close am na
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by otokx(m): 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2015
Greed
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by LEAFLET(m): 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
All this just for 700k. God no go gree!!
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by clovislouis(m): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
Humanbeing1st:
tribalist fool
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by clovislouis(m): 3:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
Humanbeing1st:
tribalist
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by clovislouis(m): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
tiger28:
the point people are making is that 95% of all drug pushers are from there, such a small area. I can easily fit 10 pages full of names .
u re fool
Re: Two Young Nigerians Get 55 Years Jail Term In Enugu (Pictured) by adedayourt(m): 3:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
sebi dem b opposite sex, na to jus marry fr jail strt family

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Robbers Attack Man In Traffic, Injures Him After Collecting His Properties. PICS / Militants Murdered Eight Landlords In One Night — Ikorodu Residents / She Demanded For #2M & A Car: Alleged UNILAG Rapist Finally Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.