Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Northernization Of Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northernization Of Nigeria (2088 Views)

NNPC: Buhari Determined To Destroy This Country With His Northernization Agenda / ABOBAKU, and the Northernization of a Federal Republic. / The Northernization Of Nigeria Agenda By Pa Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northernization Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 13, 2015
In all sincerity, am Gej strong supporter but stands behind president buhari to succeed and move the country forward.
But this seems a heavy task even for a man that belongs to everybody and to no one cause from every indications the northern agenda will supercede that of this president.

With the recent announcement of the new acting accountant general of the country and what transpired inthe national assembly, the north has continued to show their determination pursuit of their agenda.

A secret meeting between the president and the northern forum was said to have happened where the president was pressured to return vital positions to the north considering their total support during the election. Now whether this is true or not I do not know, what I know is that the current trends show a sign.
The president is from the north, SP- north, Speaker- north , attonery general - north , Acting AG- north, chairman of governor's forum - north and others.

Its not also a secret that a northern will pick up the chief of defence staff, DG DSS , CSO , NSA and others.
My question is this , are there no other qualified candidates from the south that fits those bills?

In the spirit of one Nigeria, consideration should always be given this things. Now some people holds the school of thought that all they want is someone that can do the job and not after what region it comes from but the truth is that our country is a unique one where every tribe is sensitive and must be carried along to foster unity.

Would the north be OK if a southern president southernize the country? We must do the needful if we really want this nation to grow.
Pray wisdom leads Mr president.

2 Likes

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 13, 2015
If there was anyone that tried making Nigeria more southern,it's gej...but Nigeria did not get any better.

The ss and se did not believe in GMB that's y he did not get 200,000 votes in the entire ss and se.

It's all about bringing Nigeria to the promised land and not the regional selection that matters.

Hope this hepls

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by ayokellany: 11:27am On Jun 13, 2015
Let me know if you are Igbo too only then can I truly comment.
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by omolami: 11:32am On Jun 13, 2015
What do you expect from a dullard , a pry schl leaving certificate holder,, who don't believe in national character. The limits of his education propels him to do that. It is not today we have been witnessing northernisatipn of everything especially the army. Nigeria has northern army and NOT Nigerian Army. I always say my mind, The best thing for this country is for it to divide into North, east ,west, south and middle belt. Balkanization kawai..Imagine cow rearers now ruliing the elites and deliberately tormenting them

3 Likes

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by phyllosilicate(m): 11:55am On Jun 13, 2015
The PDP legislators who are mostly southerners were responsible for the northernization of the National assembly. When the PDP southern senators noticed that they were the majority at the time of voting, why didn't they nominate a southerner for the senate president? If they had done that, APC would not have been able to remove him because they don't control two third of the house.

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by PAINGAIN: 12:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
That's why I still don't understand why d yorubas keep taking their side. The north only cares about themselves.

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by stevecantrell: 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
GeJ tried to Easternise Nigeria, the end result won't be different if PMB tries to Northernise the country - 4yrs !

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by IGBOSON2: 12:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
I bet if they gave the process to a reputable int'l recruitment firm the outcome would have been different!
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by musaak: 12:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
nelson4:
In all sincerity, am Gej strong supporter but stands behind president buhari to succeed and move the country forward.
But this seems a heavy task even for a man that belongs to everybody and to no one cause from every indications the northern agenda will supercede that of this president.

With the recent announcement of the new acting accountant general of the country and what transpired inthe national assembly, the north has continued to show their determination pursuit of their agenda.

A secret meeting between the president and the northern forum was said to have happened where the president was pressured to return vital positions to the north considering their total support during the election. Now whether this is true or not I do not know, what I know is that the current trends show a sign.
The president is from the north, SP- north, Speaker- north , attonery general - north , Acting AG- north, chairman of governor's forum - north and others.

Its not also a secret that a northern will pick up the chief of staff, DG DSS , CSO , NSA and others.
My question is this , are there no other qualified candidates from the south that fits those bills?

In the spirit of one Nigeria, consideration should always be given this things. Now some people holds the school of thought that all they want is someone that can do the job and not after what region it comes from but the truth is that our country is a unique one where every tribe is sensitive and must be carried along to foster unity.

Would the north be OK if a southern president southernize the country? We must do the needful if we really want this nation to grow.
why don't u wait for him to make his appointment before u start the analysis. Must u hate the north because the president is from the north

2 Likes

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by chamboy(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
omolami:
What do you expect from a dullard , a pry schl leaving certificate holder,, who don't believe in national character. The limits of his education propels him to do that. It is not today we have been witnessing northernisatipn of everything especially the army. Nigeria has northern army and NOT Nigerian Army. I always say my mind, The best thing for this country is for it to divide into North, east ,west, south and middle belt. Balkanization kawai..Imagine cow rearers now ruliing the elites and deliberately tormenting them
I can Bet none of ur existence have reach anything close to a major General that y u don't knw d value

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by OrlandoOwoh(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2015
You're happy with the outcome of the election of principal officers of the NASS to the extent that even till this moment we've not seen any thread on "Biafra" and "Lower Niger." Why is your joy cut short by the appointment of a National Accountant of the Federation?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by musaak: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
omolami:
why is it difficult for u to understand and that campaign for election is over and a winner have emerged. If u still believe bihari does not possess the qualification to be the president of this country, why don't you go to court which is open for everybody. Nobody is begging ju to be part of Nigeria. Any region that does not want to be part of Nigeria is free to pursued that legitimately without spilling the blood of innocent nigerians.
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by musaak: 12:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
phyllosilicate:
The PDP legislators who are mostly southerners were responsible for the northernization of the National assembly. When the PDP southern senators noticed that they were the majority at the time of voting, why didn't they nominate a southerner for the senate president? If they had done that, APC would not have been able to remove him because they don't control two third of the house.
thank u my brother for this intellectual input.I dont know why the southerner always blame northerners for their problem they cause by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by QuotaSystem: 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
IGBOSON2:
I bet if they gave the process to a reputable int'l recruitment firm the outcome would have been different!

grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by fulanimafia: 12:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
The only party worthy of complaining is the SW and probably the SS, and they are/will be very well represented in this government.

Two have already been appointed in El-Rufai's cabinet.

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by ilovecritics(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
I came here to read and learn grin grin grin
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by LouisVanGaal(m): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
RIP Politics board of NL....kids littered everywhere in the disguise of an 'opposition'..

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
@OP I understand your concern but let's wait for the announcement of the SSG and Service Chiefs.
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by vedaxcool(m): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
GEJ ethno-religious pee seems to have found its way to the op brain, it should be clear to all that there exist a group of individuals toiling nite and day to create bad blood amongst our diverse ethnic groups in the country. Buhari has never been one who danced to beats by tribalist. Never. Nigeria belongs to all.

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by donphilopus: 1:12pm On Jun 13, 2015
danjumakolo:
If there was anyone that tried making Nigeria more southern,it's gej...but Nigeria did not get any better.

The ss and se did not believe in GMB that's y he did not get 200,000 votes in the entire ss and se.

It's all about bringing Nigeria to the promised land and not the regional selection that matters.

Hope this hepls

I don't believe in regionalism. But truth be told, the votes PMB garnered from Edo alone is more than 200K. So your assertion is baseless.
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by Firefire(m): 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Welcome to Nigeria of 1983.

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by donphilopus: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
@OP I understand your concern but let's wait for the announcement of the SSG and Service Chiefs.

You guys shouldn't also forget that the newly appointed IGP by Jonathan is from Edo State (South South). Buhari has said he wouldn't sack him. If he sacks him and put a Northerner there, is there anything we can do about that other than the usual grumbling @OP?
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by omenka(m): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2015
nelson4:

Its not also a secret that a northern will pick up the chief of staff, DG DSS , CSO , NSA and others.

The highest ranking officials in the Nigerian government and where they come from/their religion, are as follows:

1. President.---------- South/ Christian.

2. Vice President.----- North/Muslim

3. Senate President.---- *North Central/Christian

4. Speaker of the HoR.----- North/Muslim.

5. Deputy senate President.--- South/Christian.

6. Chief Justice of Nigeria.--- North/Muslim

7. Chief of Defence Staff.------ South/Christian.

8. Deputy Speaker HoR.----- South/Christian.

9. Secretary to the Government of the Federation. ----- South/Christian.

10. Chief of Staff. ----- South/Christian.

11. Minister of Finance.----- South/Christian.

12. Petroleum Minister.------ South/Christian.

13. Interior Minister.------- North Central/Christian.

Now, out of 13 positions, you have just 5 from the North. When you consider their religion, you are left with 3 (Benue is more of a Southern state than a north for those who know the state. Muslims don't even make up to 5% of the population).

Furthermore, if we take away the position of the Vice President since you guys always ignore the position when you go on this your usual North/South jingles under President Buhari, that leaves us with just TWO of the Top 13 positions to the North, ie the Speaker of the HoR and the Chief Justice of the Federation.

Now, did any of you complain of a "Southernization" agenda under ex-president Goodluck Jonathan?? What is really the fuss here?? Why has it suddenly become an issue even when appointments are yet to be made??

And as regards what happened in the National Assembly, did Buhari conduct the election or did he appoint them?? Weren't they voted by the Congress with a good percentage of "Southern voters"??

I think this is nothing but a continuation of the "demonise" him agenda the PDP pursued vigorously during the campaigns against Buhari.

Buhari has yet to appoint his Cabinet. Why the loud noise

*Edit: CDS- North/Christian.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
donphilopus:

I don't believe in regionalism. But truth be told, the votes PMB garnered from Edo alone is more than 200K. So your assertion is baseless.

We know where those figures came from.Northern edo

1 Like

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by donphilopus: 1:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
danjumakolo:

We know where those figures came from.Northern edo

I'm from Edo North and can authoritatively tell you that the total votes cast in Edo North for the Senate was just 186,000 while the winner (APC Alimikhena) had 83,000 votes. That means Buhari's votes there would be something around 100K, he would also have upto 40 in Edo Central and 70 in Edo South. So we all tried and all should be commended.
Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by omenka(m): 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2015
Firefire:
Welcome to Nigeria of 1983.
Oh come on. These gimmicks are only meant for ignorant kids or hardline ethnic jingoists. It was the same line you guys pursued during the campaign that we had to produce a list of cabinet members of "Nigeria of 1983" and it was seen there were more Christians than Muslims.

Why are you guys bent on promoting hatred and tribal bigotry amongst Nigerians?? What exactly do you guys stand to gain??

Na wa oo.

3 Likes

Re: Northernization Of Nigeria by ApcSucks: 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
donphilopus:

I'm from Edo North and can authoritatively tell you that the total votes cast in Edo North for the Senate was just 186,000 while the winner (APC Alimikhena) had 83,000 votes. That means Buhari's votes there would be something around 100K, he would also have upto 40 in Edo Central and 70 in Edo South. So we all tried and all should be commended.

Ok undecided

(1) (Reply)

Bombing In Buhari's Home Town While D Dullard Is Away / SEE INSULT : Nnamdi Kanu,ffk Clash On Twitter / Meet Reuben Abati's Wife & Daughter,elizabeth Who Just Graduated With Frst Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.