Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? (536 Views)

Guys Celebrate Buhari's Return By Drinking Water & Fanta From The Ground (Photos / This Is Nigeria's Incoming President. You Won't Believe! / #ifeanyiubahn200perusd Is Now Trending, After He Promised To Restore Naira Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? by Guyoo: 12:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
15 days ago Mr President was sworn in. As i watched the events of the swearing in that fateful day on my home, i anxiously awaited the inauguration speech of President Buhari, the speech i expected to send shock waves across the country and even beyond our shores that a new political order 'is upon us'. Unfortunately i was disappointed, offcourse i heard the part of his speech that ' i belong to everybody and i belong to nobody', while that line may sound interesting it falls short of setting an agenda on how the myriad of problem bedeviling our dear country Nigeria will be tackled.

15 days gone, still no official word on how to solve the fuel crisis, consumers are still at the mercy of fuel station owners and black marketers who sell fuel at exorbitant rates far above the official rate. 15 days gone no idea on how the new government will address the epileptic power supply in the country. 15 days gone no official word on new strategy (if any) in tackling the Boko Haram menance, more and more Nigerians are killed everyday still the same old service chiefs are still in office. 15 days gone no word on how the much expected ferocious war on corruption will be fought. 15 days gone no word on how our teeming unemployed youths will be gainfully employed?
15 days gone more question than answers
Mr President i voted for you because i was tired of the status quo, you promised us change but 15 days gone still the status quo remain. You promised to hit the ground running, so why do we still have the status quo 15 days after?
Re: Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
@OP May God bless you abundantly! 15 days has past and Nigeria is still directionless. May God help us as we endure till 2019

1 Like

Re: Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? by sammyj: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ok ooooo. We don hear !!! grin
Re: Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? by LouisVanGaal(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2015
barcanista:
@OP May God bless you abundantly! 15 days has past and Nigeria is still directionless. May God help us as we endure till 2019
...And your darling GEJ that 'hit' the ground running, ran to NOWHERE else but OTUOKE...govt isn't a track and field event Mr Man...it isnt how far, but how well....if you want to know more, ask GEJ that bought himself out from 5years Misrule, with a 'Fake concession' with just a 3MINUTES call...it's the quality of decisions that matters and not quantity..

1 Like

Re: Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? by Proffdada: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Some people still can't believe they lost the election after selling their birthrights
Re: Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? by juman(m): 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ground running ko, ground flying ni. grin

You don't know nigerian leaders.

I think they are trying to define how their government would handle things.
Re: Mr President You Promised To Hit The Ground Running? by Maxymilliano(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
He actually hit the ground, but instead of running, he sat there.

(1) (Reply)

Fallen Electric Pole At Oworoshoki / Dogara Concedes House Leader To Gbajabiamila Camp / Raberto Schools Unveils Excavator Made By Student At 20th Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.