Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! (575 Views)

Are You A Blogger,information Marketer,article Writer Then You Need This / What Is Your Greatest Challenge(s) In Registering Regulated Products In Nigeria? / CBN: Nigerian Banks, The Most Regulated In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by akinz4: 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dear Nairalander. I am really looking for a way to salvage fellow Nigerians from the wicked act of Nigerian Information marketer in General without regard to Any guru here or in order forum. I will looking for Synergy with the EFCC, ICPC, Police. Financial Institution. Lawyers and other Civil Society Organization in order for this to work our. I am suggesting that anybody to which to sell any information must registered with the Government. People buying any information online must not paid directly to Seller's account. Instead be made to pay through another means know as ESCROL SERVICE. So that incase you found thrash in what the seller is selling, you quickly report to the agency you made payment to and your money is refunded. I will still mention names on people in this forum later.
I welcome everybody suggestion and ideas. This thread must be continued from this moment to laudable conclusion.
Thank
Re: Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by sped1oro(m): 1:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
I am with you on this as many information marketers usually sells craps as information.Some of them are not even verifiable,i think its high time an ESCROL account is introduced so we can separate Paul from Barnabas.
As for me i have not had any integrity issue with people buying my ebooks,business plans and other materials specifically because i asked them to verify my details before making payment,in the past few weeks i have received payment directly to my accounts and the buyers were satisfied.

This is a good and welcome suggestion..

www.hollalaycan.com
Re: Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by dav8id(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
very few of wicked and trash info marketers but large numbers of wicked buyers of information as well. many buyers of this information always buy this trash from easily to identify copycat just in the name of cheap. Info buyer will never buy information from know and verified names but will prefer buying same information from unknow name in the informatiin marketing industry in the name of cheap. information is power and believed it take alot of time and resource to put most of this valiable info in place.

Not just in info marketing industry but in almost any lane of business there are fakes, here the sanitazation have to start from the buyers before the sellers. In btw i never see your suggestion come to pass, cuz there are no such body or bodies that regulate internet info marketing even in USA.But if that can come to reality then is a good idea.But how?
Re: Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by chudy144(m): 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
I understand your pain Mr. Akin but I think I go with what my Oga David is saying. People should learn to always buy from people that has already built a reputation and are trusted instead of buying from those who they don't know in the name of "His own is Cheap"
Even in the USA where learnt to sell information, there is no I such thing as Escrow service regulated by the Government.

The only solutionis buy from the masrters those who are known names.

E.g People like Akin Alabi who started here on NL can not sell an Information that you will buy and then regret it later.

I have never regreted paying for any information before cause I pay when is something I can't get and I just don't buy from any name.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Just my own take on this matter
Re: Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by bedfordng(m): 3:58pm On Jun 13, 2015
there is no where in the world this is done. So your suggestion is not going to work because the internet is vast. Do you know how many people are making use of the internet everyday. So you mean i must register to sell online as an info marketer. So if am in united state, i must come to nigeria to register with a body before selling. It won't work.

No doubts there are bad eggs selling info product but that does not mean one must register with a body before selling. The internet is a cyber space for everyone.this is why we keep educating internet users to do research before buying stuffs from any info marketers.
Re: Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by iykepromotions: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
bedfordng:
there is no where in the world this is done. So your suggestion is not going to work because the internet is vast. Do you know how many people are making use of the internet everyday. So you mean i must register to sell online as an info marketer. So if am in united state, i must come to nigeria to register with a body before selling. It won't work.

No doubts there are bad eggs selling info product but that does not mean one must register with a body before selling. The internet is a cyber space for everyone.this is why we keep educating internet users to do research before buying stuffs from any info marketers.
@ the bolded you said it all. whether it's business opportunity, seminar or job vacancy, go online and do your private research before taking any action.
Re: Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by webincomeplus(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
I agree with the OP. The information marketing business in Nigeria has been rubbished by snake oil marketers who have no idea of what they are selling. I'm an information marketer myself, but I hate the way most others are going about it.

This is what most of them do: they scout the web for PLR (private label rights) ebooks that they can buy the rights to edit and sell. They change the author's name to theirs and put up a sales page that promise heaven and earth. Then they add a money-back guarantee with some fake testimonials just to convince people that they are genuine.

Once the unsuspecting buyer pays into their account, they disappear into thin air, and they will never be around to provide all the support they promised. Why? Because they didn't create those products themselves, and they know little or nothing about the contents.

I once published a post on my blog, in which I criticized this approach, and one guy sent me an email trying to castigate me for my opinion. But I hold strongly that anyone who doesn't know jack about a topic should not sell information about it.

#Notosnakeoilinformationmarketers
Re: Information Marketer Needs To Be Regulated As Fast As Times Goes! by headboyprince(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
And to think of itmost of this info marketers sells ebook on how to be millionaries when they themselves are not even thousandnaries but broke scammers who tell a lot of lies in their sales page of how they were scammed several times until they discovered a system that made them millionaries overnight and they fough fake bank earnings fake testimonies and sell it as high as 3000,5000 even 10k self ebook that wont even sell for 500 in a normal bookstore they just google some information that they have never tested before and start selling it all in the name of ebook most of the ways people make money online is from information marketing you will see someone who does not even make up to 100$ per month on fiverr will be selling an ebook on how to become a fiverr millionarie in one month
OUR PEOPLE PERISH FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE IF YOU NEED ANY INFORMATION ONLINE GO TO GOOGLE AND SEARCH IT THERE USING DIFFERENT KEYWORDS GOOGLE IS THE BEST TEACHER DONT BUY ANY THING I REPEAT BUY ANY MANUAL OR EBOOK FROM ANYBODY.
But only if that person gives you a free information that you have applied and it is working then go ahead and purchase his manual but if the person only advertises manuals upon manuals without giving any free information that you have tested and it has worked for you in particular. Run away
i think we all join heads and say no to these hungry broke info marketers brokage will make them to run out of the industry
PLS LETS BE WISE SAY NO TO SCAM

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Discuss Rice Importation / What Is Accounting? / CBN Bans Use Of Naira Cards Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.