Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,448 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

V6 Freelander And Head Gasket - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / V6 Freelander And Head Gasket (3502 Views)

Doubling The Engine Gasket, What's Your Take? / Blown Head Gasket / Ops! My Car Now Overheats After Gasket Change! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: V6 Freelander And Head Gasket by LeJeun3: 5:57pm On Jun 21, 2015
olabukola:
The report I got today is that the radiator water is still changing colour. Maybe the oil in the pipe already. Before I changed the gasket the water use to be thick maybe it will get to that they ae still observing it till tomorrow.

undecided Guess dey didn't flush the pipes. Let's observe till tomorrow

Re: V6 Freelander And Head Gasket by olabukola: 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
LeJeun3:

undecided Guess dey didn't flush the pipes. Let's observe till tomorrow

Can the oil in the pipe stain the water is the car is not on. Since Friday they worked on the car, they only used it today for sunday church and back.
Re: V6 Freelander And Head Gasket by LeJeun3: 11:45pm On Jun 21, 2015
olabukola:
Can the oil in the pipe stain the water is the car is not on. Since Friday they worked on the car, they only used it today for sunday church and back.

I didn't get that clearly. The water was already mixed with oil before the engine was started??

How did the car perform to and fro church??

Re: V6 Freelander And Head Gasket by olabukola: 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
LeJeun3:

I didn't get that clearly. The water was already mixed with oil before the engine was started??

How did the car perform to and fro church??

The stuff was cleaned yesterday and as the time of this post its ok buy still under observation. Hope it will not happen again.
Re: V6 Freelander And Head Gasket by olabukola: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2015
Still ok as at today. Hope it remains so. By weekend if nothing happened I will shout alleluia.
Re: V6 Freelander And Head Gasket by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Readonee35L:

lol..am aware of the guy that opened that thread in 2012 in fact i still follow the thread,
All this guys claim to have one, am happy they do, but at least give us detailed infos pictures and videos... then they ignore the thread, no one is hear to criticize you, but we just want to know and see how well it is
.... Am the guy in 2012,u guys are talking about I couldn't get my username again so I wasn't following that thread again well am still using the car till date with no issues, 3years running... I have not touched the engine yet, the only thing I have done is to change the gear selector cable(twice) and clutch disk. And the electric fuel pump, I have not spent a day before in the workshop..... If u still desire to see how the car runs u can add me via whatsapp or bbm. So u help upload the video for all to see. 08034934736 pin: 556B894C

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls How Much Is Complete Gearbox For Tiny Light Camry? / How Good Is Car Insurance In Nigeria / Free Vehicle Scan For Car/s & Suvs Owners In Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.