Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News (8200 Views)

Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Laolu Akande Asks Nigerians To Name Road Projects Completed In Last 10 Years / Buhari To Appoint Laolu-Akande, As Osinbajo's Spokesman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by ideylaff: 11:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Old news but relevant

For the second time in one year, Laolu Saraki, the last of the Saraki siblings has publicly declared that his sister and former Senator, Sen Gbemsiola Saraki, is his father’s ‘true’ political successor.
Laolu, who recently arrived in Lagos after a brief holiday in Madrid, Spain, made this disclosure on his twitter handle, @lmSaraki.
Laolu, who was apparently reacting to the outcome of the PDP congresses, which saw his sisters’ close allies clinch juicy positions in the party, expressed his happiness over the development, describing it as a ‘nice one’ that ‘daddy will be proud’ of.
Laolu therefore said that his dad, Dr. Olusola Saraki, who was also the crowned Waziri of Ilorin, had always said that Sen. Gbemi is his ‘true political successor’ in his lifetime.
Parts of the tweet read thus: “Nice one yesterday Gbemi! Daddy will be proud. As he often said “You are the true political successor.”
E-Kwara recalls that Laolu had made similar disclosures shortly after the death of his father last year. When he was asked by a national newspaper about the fate of the Saraki Political Dynasty after the demise of his dad, he simply said that the name ‘Saraki’ was not hereditary but an exclusive reserve of his father’s relationship with the people of the state.
That statement was seen by analysts as a direct reference to an erstwhile Governor of the state and Laolu brother, Dr. Bukola Saraki’s claim to be the heir apparent of the late strongman of Ilorin politics.
This latest salvo, which is coming from no less a person than Laolu, one of late Saraki’s beloved, is seen by many as another missile against Dr. Bukola Saraki.
One of such analysts, Dr. Salman Mohammed, the National Coordinator of Enough is Enough Movement (EEM), an NGO, said in a chat with E-Kwara.com that the statement ‘is pregnant with a lot of meaning.’
In his words, Dr. Mohammed said that there is no better source to know the real thinking and position of late Abubakar Saraki on his true successor except either Laolu or Mrs. Tope Edun, another of Saraki siblings, who is based in Lagos.
He said although the most authentic would have been their mother, Mrs Florence Saraki, but the fact that she is media shy, or would not be seen as depeaning the crisis of confidence within the Saraki family, is the reason why the public is being deprived of the true position of the late Dr. Saraki.
“Some of us know that Bukola Saraki has all along being lying against the dead. His dubious claim to be Baba (Dr. Saraki)’s heir is just a fluke that is fast crumbling. Thank God it is coming from within the family itself.” He said.

http://e-kwara.com/gbemi-saraki-is-my-fathers-true-political-successor-laolu-saraki/

Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by okeke00(m): 11:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
where i live in Western Germany. things dosent go like that
Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by ideylaff: 11:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
3 against 1: Division in the House of Saraki manifests during first anniversary prayer for late politician

At the first anniversary prayer of late strongman of Kwara politics, Dr. Olusola Saraki, in Ilorin on Friday, 14th November, 2013, one thing was conspicuous, the absence of three of his childen: Senator Gbemisola Saraki, Laolu Saraki and Tope Saraki. It seemed like an all Bukola Saraki affair.

The prayer, which was organised by former governor of Kwara state, Senator Bukola Saraki at the Ilorin Grand Mosque, to honour the memory of his late father, had in attendance, notable personalities like Kano state governor (Rabiu Kwankwaso) and his Sokoto state counterpart (Aliyu Wamakko), Chairman of New PDP, Alhaji Abubakar Baraje, former Osun state governor, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Mr Femi Fani Kayode, Alhaji Aliko Dangote and numerous Islamic clerics who converged on the state capital to honour the late Saraki.

Ordinarily, one would have expected all the children of the late Dr. Olusola Saraki to be present at the event, it was to the amazement of many that only Senator Bukola Saraki attended the prayer while Senator Gbemisola Saraki, Laolu Saraki and Tope Saraki failed to show up at the occasion although it was reported that they were in Ilorin on Friday; the day of the prayer.

According to reports, the three siblings arrived in Ilorin early on Friday, around 8am and headed straight to their father’s tomb where they prayed with some Islamic clerics and left around 10am which coincidentally was the same time scheduled for the commencement of the prayers at the Ilorin mosque.

The reason for this failure to turn up is not clear, however, some sources claim that the action could be attributed to Senator Gbemi’s opinion that the gathering at the mosque was ‘more political’ than ‘religious’.

The source further stated that she did not want to “be party to a gathering meant more to obliterate my dad’s enduring legacies than nurture it.” Senator Gbemi Saraki is reportedly against her brother’s involvement in the new PDP.

Laolu, on his part, is not happy with Senator Bukola Saraki’s claim as the heir apparent to their late father’s political throne as he believes their father’s political empire “is not hereditary but more about the relationship he had with the people of Kwara, which was unique and cannot be transferred to any child.”

http://www.thescoopng.com/3-against-1-division-in-the-house-of-saraki-manifests-during-first-anniversary-prayer-for-late-politician/

Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by ideylaff: 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
I though Bukola was the all powerful Na
Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by ddippset(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2015
okeke00:
where i live in Western Germany. things dosent go like that
West Germany? Am quite sure you're mocking the president again! And even at that, simple grade 2 English you cannot speak, it should be; where I live in 'West Germany', things don't go like that! Don't not doesn't! Ode! Mumu! Go and learn how to speak english before insulting your president.

2 Likes

Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by tucky200(m): 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2015
ddippset:
West Germany? Am quite sure you're mocking the president again! And even at that, simple grade 2 English you cannot speak, it should be; where I live in 'West Germany', things don't go like that! Don't not doesn't! Ode! Mumu! Go and learn how to speak english before insulting your president.
U are blessed grin

1 Like

Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2015
the story of how one family turned Kwara state to their private property.smh for Nigerian politics
Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by ddippset(m): 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2015
tucky200:

U are blessed grin
Thanks my brother. There are very many of them. Someone cannot even construct a simple primary 2 English sentence but has the temerity to insult his president. I am sure the guy would tell us he's graduated from the University. Let me get my 10 year old niece to teach him how to construct simple sentences.

1 Like

Re: Gbemi Saraki Is My Father’s ‘true’ Political Successor –laolu SARAKI - Old News by TijaniAbu: 10:32pm On Feb 08, 2018
Ideylaff has been obsessed with Saraki and his wife for long

It must give ideylaff headache that when people call Saraki name they don't count gbemi laolu and that ope.

Eyaa. Try and improve

(1) (Reply)

States’ Cash Cruch: Governors Beg FG To Postpone $2.1bn Support Repayment / Ogun Group Petitions IGP On Release Of Vehicles Seized From Amosun's Supporters / Fuel: Buhari’s Unkept Promises, Failures And Bungled Subsidy Policy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.