Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:24 AM

FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. (49774 Views)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / LAUTECH Shut Down, Jambites Not Allow To Write Their Exams (Photos) / Student With Small-Stout While Reading For Exams (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2015
BigElEddy:

I know of people in private universities that did not even have 2 credits in WAEC. In fact I know of a particular guy that was and Art student having only 3 credits in literature, English and government and he is currently in his final year studying chemical engineering in one of those famous private universities.
Government universities in nigeria produces hard core graduates while privates produces indomie graduates like davido. grin

I dont know the private univerity they attended, but the one I attend, i.e, Covenant University, If you dont have the minimum requirements in your WAEC and your 180 in Jamb, nobody will even consider you for admission. Those admitted will not matriculate... amokeme will be my witness here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Korrection(m): 9:43am On Jun 14, 2015
If you are in the university you'll know that this is not new. Remember way back in uniben at the basement.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by xreal: 9:43am On Jun 14, 2015
RISKY!
'cos BH boys fit come with their AKs' at anytime.

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Kuwaitboy: 9:44am On Jun 14, 2015
sosanova:

[size=13pt] grin grin grin grin
see this mumu mummy's boy wey dem still dey feed for house
come UNIBEN or OAU with r private univeristy first class result na pass u go graduate with or they will just issue u an ordinary certificate of attendance because u are still owing the university 4 years carry over
u think say to go Federal University or State University na beans?

grin grin grin
[/size]
. Oga, you are a fool. So suffering is now a proud thing. If I had the means, I will go to a private school. This world is too short to suffer in the name of education. It seems u are too arrogant to understand that all tose problems available in govt schools does not make things better. Afterall, all our schools both private and govt cannot be compared with many of their counterparts abroad. Continue suffering in the name of going to govt school, after which you will still enter into the same job market. All this hype is just foolishness and jealousy. I wonder what oxford and cambridge grads would do. Once again, suffering to read under hard conditions is not something to be proud of. Encourage our govt to improve the condition in the schools instead of resorting to insults and rejoicing in your hardship.

2 Likes

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 14, 2015
komek:
A semester has 8-13 weeks. A good student gets his syllabus or course outline at the resumption of school. You have the whole 8-13weeks to read for their course. So why this marathon reading?

The problem with our student is what I called misplaced priority. They wud party all semester, drink all day, womanise, marry themsefs without going to see each other's parents, travel round the country etc. As soon as the time table for the exams come out, na so u go see them dey read like say them dey serious

you really think so?

I would have said same thing if I didn't attend one hell of a school where you have to read all over again even if you are brilliant...

in DSPZ, you will have no choice but to read like this when you have 1 over 20 in test and 7 over 20 in practicals. see, our lecturers purposely fail us in test and practicals.

those with money like una, go block. those of us wey no get nor? nobe to read get am?

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 14, 2015
BigElEddy:

I know of people in private universities that did not even have 2 credits in WAEC. In fact I know of a particular guy that was and Art student having only 3 credits in literature, English and government and he is currently in his final year studying chemical engineering in one of those famous private universities.
Government universities in nigeria produces hard core graduates while privates produces indomie graduates like davido. grin
Wow really and those from covenant dominate pressid every year
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2015
amokeme:
exactly... The mere thought of going through this to read is even traumatizing... The conditions they subject these students to is not just fair.. cry

Seriously. I know how it feels when the porter switches off the wifi during exam night, its very frustrating. Then to think that these guys have to read under street lights because their classes are not lit or properly lit its just too traumatizing, the government is not being fair to them at all! Things like this limit their potentials.

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 14, 2015
MaziKachi:

I dont know the private univerity they attended, but the one I attended, i.e, Covenant University, If you dont have the minimum requirements in your WAEC and your 180 in Jamb, nobody will even consider you for admission. Those admitted will not matriculate... amokeme will be my witness here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

witness number 2.

a girl was admitted when she did not have up to 180 due to an error on her part while filling her online form... after the mistake was discovered, she was sent out.. a bit sad, but was the right thing to do

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Emilord(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2015
You see!

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 14, 2015
ElectGINeer:

No it enhance your performance if you are dedicated. You will have go through many challenges, there will be no new one.

How does reading under streetlights in the middle of the night in an unsafe city enhance your performance?

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by haywire1: 9:55am On Jun 14, 2015
ramdris:
Which kind rough play be dis angry? This got to b a joke cos I don't wanna believe any Higher institution will force their students to go thru dis....

Lol, ogbeni park well, no be d same way we all read thru school ni. No dey form American here.

They are even enjoying cos light then up cos dey no use candle read nahh

Anyway, that's why Nigerians are d best anywhere, strong survival instinct

#

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Chuksteric(m): 9:55am On Jun 14, 2015
djbazz:

Dis should be futo
guy cool down ... Futo is not really dope buh we can't do this
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2015
MaziKachi:

I dont know the private univerity they attended, but the one I attend, i.e, Covenant University, If you dont have the minimum requirements in your WAEC and your 180 in Jamb, nobody will even consider you for admission. Those admitted will not matriculate... amokeme will be my witness here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 14, 2015
Graccccccccy:
Haaaa! Wa Gbayi grin Haaaa! Wa Gbayi

grin yes ke
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by goryorhal(m): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2015
BigElEddy:

Government universities in nigeria produces hard core graduates while privates produces indomine graduates like davido. grin

Guy you wicked ooh ... Indomie graduates lol
Chai
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 9:59am On Jun 14, 2015
MaziKachi:

I dont know the private univerity they attended, but the one I attended, i.e, Covenant University, If you dont have the minimum requirements in your WAEC and your 180 in Jamb, nobody will even consider you for admission. Those admitted will not matriculate... amokeme will be my witness here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
better don't argue about fed/private uni here... Just ignore. Some of the fed uni students on NL are frustrated.. They just come on here to console themselves smiley
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by goryorhal(m): 10:02am On Jun 14, 2015
amokeme:
better don't argue about fed/private uni here... Just ignore. Some of the fed uni students on NL are frustrated.. They just come on here to console themselves smiley

undecided
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by metorichmond(m): 10:05am On Jun 14, 2015
This was something normal i did while in fut minna, @ bitru sawa. It ain't a biggie.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 10:17am On Jun 14, 2015
BigElEddy:

my dear... I even know of 10 people that didn't write jamb, waec or neco at all. The admission letter was brought to their homes sef.... And today they are graduates.. All these private schs self!
May all your children.. In fact, all your generation never experience the "indomie" education.. It will be hard core education, till the end of time.. Say a big Amen jare.. smiley

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by BigElEddy(m): 10:19am On Jun 14, 2015
amokeme:
my dear... I even know of 10 people that didn't write jamb, waec or neco at all. The admission letter was brought to their homes sef.... And today they are graduates.. All these private schs self!
May all your children.. In fact, all your generation never experience the "indomie" education.. It will be hard core education, till the end of time.. Say a big Amen jare.. smiley

Amen to that

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by brianperpetual(f): 10:21am On Jun 14, 2015
I do same in my sch, nt cos derz no classes available bt derz enough vertilation n space from friends
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by misspicy(f): 10:43am On Jun 14, 2015
[b][/b]
mtchwwww
dis is better na
i rememba my alumni sch FCFFT
students go as far as reading at the school field pavilion,nearby bushes,some even climb trees.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 10:44am On Jun 14, 2015
Kingsasian:
that is the more reason why having a first class under conditions as this is far more valuable than that obtained from a private institution.
will that be important when applying for multinational jobs? Or any at all?
Look, surviving in any condition depends solely on the individual. I have a friend, she has zero Torrance for stress, she is in a federal uni (UDUS) she stays off K, has a house help! (Laughs) all she has to do is just read her books(in a VERY condusive atmosphere).. she is very intelligent. So if such a person should graduate with a first class or a very strong 2:1 will you say because she went to a federal uni (and was gotten through "unfavourable condition"wink it should be more valued than that of a private uni graduate??
Why do you think Nigerian students that go abroad to study graduates with very good grades? Abi your fed unis are better than them
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by tojahh(m): 10:48am On Jun 14, 2015
It baffles me when Students/Graduates from Fed/state school insult and call students/Grads from private owned uni indomie.

Truth is, frustration has made many of you blind that you rejoice in penury. Even with your Hardcore Jacking and unfriendly environment. My result is still picked before yours in any interview, we don't lack Jobs, you know why?

They know how much our fees are worth thus "Money no be problem". Boast from now till GEJ returns to Aso Rock, the condition will not change, this is suffer! Pray none of your child experience what you went thru in school.

Abeg no quote me o. I dey inside church cheesy
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2015
MaziKachi:

Seriously. I know how it feels when the porter switches off the wifi during exam night, its very frustrating. Then to think that these guys have to read under street lights because their classes are not lit or properly lit its just too traumatizing, the government is not being fair to them at all! Things like this limit their potentials.
the day one porter tried this one in my hall ehn.. Trust girls na, someone said "so because you didn't use WiFi during your time, we should all suffer for it abi.. You ll explain to the dean tomorrow" she had to turn it on
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by deezayNEO(f): 10:55am On Jun 14, 2015
seedorfg:
naija student be like grin

As in...
After all d jacking, na correct SLEEP b d next thing
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 11:01am On Jun 14, 2015
Kuwaitboy:
. Oga, you are a fool. So suffering is now a proud thing. If I had the means, I will go to a private school. This world is too short to suffer in the name of education. It seems u are too arrogant to understand that all tose problems available in govt schools does not make things better. Afterall, all our schools both private and govt cannot be compared with many of their counterparts abroad. Continue suffering in the name of going to govt school, after which you will still enter into the same job market. All this hype is just foolishness and jealousy. I wonder what oxford and cambridge grads would do. Once again, suffering to read under hard conditions is not something to be proud of. Encourage our govt to improve the condition in the schools instead of resorting to insults and rejoicing in your hardship.
the govt won't do anything, because the "students" who are suppose to be speaking out are busy boosting of the situation
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2015
AcesIni:

you really think so?

I would have said same thing if I didn't attend one hell of a school where you have to read all over again even if you are brilliant...

in DSPZ, you will have no choice but to read like this when you have 1 over 20 in test and 7 over 20 in practicals. see, our lecturers purposely fail us in test and practicals.

those with money like una, go block. those of us wey no get nor? nobe to read get am?
and you guys can't report to the DSA?
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 11:09am On Jun 14, 2015
amokeme:
the day one porter tried this one in my hall ehn.. Trust girls na, someone said "so because you didn't use WiFi during your time, we should all suffer for it abi.. You ll explain to the dean tomorrow" she had to turn it on

Lol. The porters in my hall even use it to threaten. They'll be like "Come down for roll call or we switch off the wifi"
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 14, 2015
amokeme:

Advice taken.

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by ncpat(m): 11:12am On Jun 14, 2015
Medics07:
UNIMAID STUDENTS
Reading for the ongoing 2014/2015 second semester exams. The whether is hot.

Weather = the state of the atmosphere at a particular place and time as regards heat, cloudiness, dryness, sunshine, wind, rain, etc.

whether = expressing a doubt or choice between alternatives.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 14, 2015
amokeme:
and you guys can't report to the DSA?

are you a Nigerian? dude abeg I don't want a certificate of attendance... reporting will only make them put you in a carryover list...... see, I am happy with my upper credit...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Who Speaks 5 Foreign Languages At 22 / Nnadi Nnedimkpa Susan Graduates With 4.93 CGPA From Covenant University / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.