Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,484 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. (49570 Views)

Secondary School Where Students Sit On The Floor For Classes In Lagos (Photos) / LAUTECH Shut Down, Jambites Not Allow To Write Their Exams (Photos) / Student With Small-Stout While Reading For Exams (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[s][/s] 100% of private schools rarely fail their students, because they believe students pay much, so they deserve much! I have met a lot of First class graduates from private schools and on the average, they don't have the stuff!

100% of private schools? Yet covenant university firstclass students top pressid list every year. Please don't speak of what you don't know. I am in Covenant University and there people here that have 2006 matric number. If you don't read here, you fail, if you read, you pass. Well, I have said my part, if you insist on convincing yourself that that is how things are run in private universities, well, you are entitled to your opinion.

And yes, I will make a first class in every university in the world that has a just system, ie, lectures are held and scripts are properly marked. Case closed.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Kingsasian(m): 12:47am On Jun 15, 2015
amokeme:
will that be important when applying for multinational jobs? Or any at all?
Look, surviving in any condition depends solely on the individual. I have a friend, she has zero Torrance for stress, she is in a federal uni (UDUS) she stays off K, has a house help! (Laughs) all she has to do is just read her books(in a VERY condusive atmosphere).. she is very intelligent. So if such a person should graduate with a first class or a very strong 2:1 will you say because she went to a federal uni (and was gotten through "unfavourable condition"wink it should be more valued than that of a private uni graduate??
Why do you think Nigerian students that go abroad to study graduates with very good grades? Abi your fed unis are better than them
Tobi ezekiel of covenant uni....hmmmm! Now I see the reason behind this quote...lol
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Davyj97(m): 12:58am On Jun 15, 2015
This one na small thing.. Come to Delta state polytechnic ozoro.. you'll see worse.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by calcal: 5:25am On Jun 15, 2015
ERROR!
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 6:12am On Jun 15, 2015
[s]
MaziKachi:

100% of private schools? Yet covenant university firstclass students top pressid list every year. Please don't speak of what you don't know. I am in Covenant University and there people here that have 2006 matric number. If you don't read here, you fail, if you read, you pass. Well, I have said my part, if you insist on convincing yourself that that is how things are run in private universities, well, you are entitled to your opinion.

And yes, I will make a first class in every university in the world that has a just system, ie, lectures are held and scripts are properly marked. Case closed.
[/s]
yes because the scholarship isn't based on merit. I have a cousin who was meant to benefit, he got to the finals but was dropped due to 'lack of connections'(Take it or leave it). I equally graduated with a first class from a fed school and I happen to have lectured as a G.A and an Assistant lecturer at two different private schools.
1. We are always scared of losing our jobs cos we were told- the students' performance is the lecturer's performance
2. We are always forced to set average (not standard) questions, so average students become brilliant students.
3 if you decide to set standard questions, you are one your own ooo, more often we don't have marking schemes, we get their answer script to check the questions they have answered well then we lecturers allocate higher marks to such questions.
4. If any lecturer decides to fail them, Na for senate them go change all those grades.
It could be by altering the result sheet and printing a freshly modified one (we submit soft copies of result sheet along with hard copies) Or waiting till final year, those people at senate meeting will just say
'Move everyone from 1.80 to 2.40' ( this I have experienced). I know what students face in federal schools compared to private schools! Lolz convenant you said, I happen to have a prof who had his sabbatical there he told me the same thing, when results are submitted, what the school simply does is to jackup all the scores. I have marked for him on several occasions, I see the poo you people write, and I know the way we mark you guys compared to federal schools. Do you know what he tells us? 'You guys have paid for the scores along with your school fees'. I guess such is life!
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2015
Kingsasian:
Tobi ezekiel of covenant uni....hmmmm! Now I see the reason behind this quote...lol
seriously?! Do I know you? undecided
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:53am On Jun 15, 2015
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 15, 2015
Weather not Whether.

Medics07:
UNIMAID STUDENTS
Reading for the ongoing 2014/2015 second semester exams. The whether is hot.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 8:13am On Jun 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

your twitter username on your NL profile ... cool
the question wasn't directed to you smiley
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Kingsasian(m): 10:14am On Jun 15, 2015
amokeme:
seriously?! Do I know you? undecided
I doubt. Friends on 2go a long time ago and also on facebook.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by amokeme(f): 11:34am On Jun 15, 2015
Kingsasian:
I doubt. Friends on 2go a long time ago and also on facebook.
and your name is?
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Kingsasian(m): 11:57am On Jun 15, 2015
amokeme:
and your name is?
Kingsley Umana
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by aex41142(f): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
djbazz:

Dis should be futo
you are nt serious
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[s][/s]
yes because the scholarship isn't based on merit. I have a cousin who was meant to benefit, he got to the finals but was dropped due to 'lack of connections'(Take it or leave it). I equally graduated with a first class from a fed school and I happen to have lectured as a G.A and an Assistant lecturer at two different private schools.
1. We are always scared of losing our jobs cos we were told- the students' performance is the lecturer's performance
2. We are always forced to set average (not standard) questions, so average students become brilliant students.
3 if you decide to set standard questions, you are one your own ooo, more often we don't have marking schemes, we get their answer script to check the questions they have answered well then we lecturers allocate higher marks to such questions.
4. If any lecturer decides to fail them, Na for senate them go change all those grades.
It could be by altering the result sheet and printing a freshly modified one (we submit soft copies of result sheet along with hard copies) Or waiting till final year, those people at senate meeting will just say
'Move everyone from 1.80 to 2.40' ( this I have experienced). I know what students face in federal schools compared to private schools! Lolz convenant you said, I happen to have a prof who had his sabbatical there he told me the same thing, when results are submitted, what the school simply does is to jackup all the scores. I have marked for him on several occasions, I see the poo you people write, and I know the way we mark you guys compared to federal schools. Do you know what he tells us? 'You guys have paid for the scores along with your school fees'. I guess such is life!

Ok.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
handsomeclouds:
[s][/s]

well, no one can prove that ur saying the truth or lying... so we just gon look u

we
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
feran14:

well, no one can prove that ur saying the truth or lying... so we just gon look u

we
I don't need you to believe me.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I don't need you to believe me.

okay... but I still don't believe you sha
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 7:00am On Jun 16, 2015
amokeme:
first of all, am a lady and not to be addressed as "dude"
Secondly, i am a Nigerian and I school here in Nigeria.. and in my sch, that lecturer will be sanctioned!

my mistake. please forgive me

well, good for you. you can only try that here when you have the right people backing you up

Sug here is crap

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by Nobody: 7:03am On Jun 16, 2015
komek:

Bros, if u feel u wrote well in an exam and u r very sure , apply to see ur script and for a remark by another lecturer.

they only fail us in test and practicals..... and you don't even have to apply to see your scripts cause they return them.

so no remark...no nothing.
Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by free37: 4:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
cheesy

1 Like

Re: FUNNY: See Where Students Are Reading For Their Exams. by suremanpatriot: 2:07am On Mar 24, 2017
What a guy can do,babes can...?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cultism, Why, Effects, And How To Curb The Menace / 7 Reasons Why Degree Holders Are Poor By Malam Mamuda Kabir DUTSINMA / University Of Ibadan Closed Over Rusticated 500l Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.