Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega (24520 Views)

Buhari's Claim That Boko Haram Is ‘Not Holding Any Territory’ Exaggerated / Allegations Of Electoral Fraud In Rivers Greatly Exaggerated - Jega / Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Prof. Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by buemene(m): 1:26am On Jun 14, 2015
Recent development in connection with the just concluded general elections in Rivers State has raised more questions than answered. In an interview with the INEC chaiman, Stella Igwe-Adesoga of Per Second News in Washington, has revealed that allegations that the elections in Rivers state was manipulated and flawed has been exaggerated. He said the elections in the state was credible and the commission did the right thing by announcing the winner.

I sense more trouble for APC in the days ahead. First losing the upper and lower chambers of the national assembly to their not so preferred candidates and now this?
http://www.persecondnews.com/index.php/psn-news/item/3786-allegations-of-fraud-in-rivers-state-election-is-exaggerated-prof-jega-says-election-took-place-in-most-polling-units

Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Prof. Attahiru Jega, has insisted that this year’s elections in Rivers state were credible and that the commission did the right thing by announcing the winner.

Recall that the immediate past governor of Rivers State, Hon. Rotimi Ameachi, and the state chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, had been on the fore-front in expressing dissatisfaction with the 2015 general elections as witnessed in Rivers State, alleging all manner of irregularities.

The ex-governor had categorically likened the April 11 election which produced Barr. Nyesom Wike as governor to a daylight robbery, while the APC has charged him to be ready to vacate office soon since its candidate, Dakuku Peterside was already challenging the outcome of the election in court.

Jega was quoted in Washington, DC during a conversation with US policy makers, think-tanks and members of the international community, asserting that allegations that the elections in Rivers State were manipulated and flawed was exaggerated.

The event, which had the theme: ‘Nigeria’s 2015 Elections: What Have We Learnt?’ was hosted by the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) and anchored by Jenniffer Cooke, Director, African Programme at the institute. According to the INEC boss, “We created a three man team to investigate the allegations of electoral malpractice, it was not true that elections didn’t take place in majority of the state, it was not true that results sheets were manipulated. There was no evidence of malpractice or photocopied result sheets, and no substantive evidence to establish alterations.

“Rivers has become quite a big issue, and we did our best to be able to have enough evidence to make an informed decision before results were returned. We received reports of fake results sheets, use of photocopied result sheet, substitution of trend of INEC personnel and allegation of no election taking place in some polling units.

“It came before we announced the results, so we immediately constituted a three-man team made up of national commissioners to go to Rivers State and investigate the allegations.

“It was not true that elections did not take place in majority part of the state, in fact the evidence was that in the overwhelming majority election took place in most areas.

“It wasn’t true that there were fake result sheets, there were no photocopied results sheets, there was no substantive evidence to support the wild allegations.

“From our investigations we were satisfied that there was no substantive evidence to cancel the elections as agitated by some people, we also have people on ground and observers like TMG, and others who also gave us honest report about what happened.

“I don’t think there were massive irregularities as reported in Rivers State, my advice is that they should go to the tribunal, if they have evidence, On our own part we have done our thorough investigation.”

“We have scanned 95 percent of the results sheets from all the polling units and we will put them on our site once we get to 100 per cent.” “I am not saying there are no irregularities, but not to the magnitude that has been reported,” he clarified.
http://thestreetjournal.org/2015/06/allegations-of-electoral-fraud-in-rivers-greatly-exaggerated-jega/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by ibkgab001: 1:35am On Jun 14, 2015
Medicine after death

2 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by OkwuruOKARISIA(m): 1:36am On Jun 14, 2015
hmm

wetin u wan do here?

its not for sale n stop tresspassing
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 14, 2015
God will continue to bless Jega for his honesty.

Jega for EFCC Chairman cool

37 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Polithiefcian(m): 2:12am On Jun 14, 2015
Q
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by voxpopp: 2:39am On Jun 14, 2015
what's is it with these tanoids and all the fake news links they upload to support their buffonry

11 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Tecnonews24: 3:17am On Jun 14, 2015
I guess some of you believe the out gone governor propaganda, well , we on ground knows what sup. APC can Try but they stand no chance.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by fashoo2010(m): 3:18am On Jun 14, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by denedene(m): 3:20am On Jun 14, 2015
Jega the people of rivers know all these things.... our brothers and sisters in apc take note

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 14, 2015
watch apc supporters abuse jega that was once their hero.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by opekioplo: 10:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
Exaggeration or not there was fraud

5 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by freedom96: 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Tanoids will love this.As for me,I no send.
All I wanted was to kick GEJ out and it has been done,good!
Mission accomplished.
Sheathing my sword untill another GEJ-like president shows up. cool

Tanoids here is your meat come and have it.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by WhiZTiM(m): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Honestly, if Rivers state was manipulated, what of Kano?
Even if so, but why haven't we seen Rivers people protesting?
NB: I am asking without a clear bias.

freedom96:
Tanoids will love this.As for me,I no send.
All I wanted was to kick GEJ out and it has been done,good!
Mission accomplished.
Sheathing my sword untill another GEJ-like president shows up. cool
Tanoids here is your meat come and have it.
omenka:
No. Rather watch PDP supporters who accuse Jega of being an APC accomplice and a "tribalist", just like Orubebe, come to celebrate Jega.
You are already number 1 on the list.
voxpopp:
what's is it with these tanoids and all the fake news links they upload to support their buffonry

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by shadelek(m): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
ok mr chairman
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Mopolchi: 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Taa kip quiet! He don dey regret why he end GEJ tenure because money no dey come as e dey come the time pdp dey office. Jega na you start am so live with it.

4 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Minet16(m): 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
g
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Firefire(m): 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Greatly...
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by robosky02(m): 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
amaechi.......

1 Like

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by omenka(m): 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Nashoji:
watch apc supporters abuse jega that was once their hero.
No. Rather watch PDP supporters who accuse Jega of being an APC accomplice and a "tribalist", just like Orubebe, come to celebrate Jega.

You are already number 1 on the list.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kano kaduna kastina
Where is kano REC today?
God has started d battle
One down two to go

12 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by UnknownT: 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
Well,its upto the courts to decide. We all know that in all election cases, INEC always have a counsel who defends the election conducted (INEC serve as Second defendant I'm most cases), Jega saying anything bad about the election will amount to indicting himself. Even Maurice Iwu will still claim that he conducted the best elections in the country if asked now cheesy wink

8 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by iphanyiuma(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
APC and TROUBLE. is synonymous to 5 and 6..just cos they won the presidential seat as a result of the failure of the then president, they think every other election will be manipulated in their favour. think well..

I belong to nobody, I belong to everybody- PMB

3 Likes

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
QED.
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Tenim47(m): 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Sipin orange
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Flets: 10:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
Of course we always knew

The lizard of Ubima was only ranting

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by eleko1: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Alhaji Jega. undecided Nor allow saTANist stain/tarnish ur reputation with their badluck
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Minet16(m): 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
IdiAmin1:
God will continue to bless Jega for his honesty.

Jega for EFCC Chairman cool

why make such statement?? well your name says it all

ah ah Jega for EFCC Chairman?? GOD FORBID

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by jeffizy(m): 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
We want it eradicated totally sir. It is a fact that election fraud occurred.
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by Slimzjoe(m): 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jega should have known a long time ago that no matter what a man does in Life, he can never please everyone
Re: Bombshell: Allegations Of Voter Fraud In Rivers State Greatly Exaggerated - Jega by thefakestan: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jega don't worry

You returned to the owners, but u see Rivers even Tinubu as REC cannot deliver it for APC.
#Fact.

Where is the so called "Cramjones" that was making noise earlier today? grin

ThefakeStan

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha / Speakership: Court Orders Substituted Service On Gbajabiamila Over US Fraud / Oshiomhole: Most Governors Who Messed Up Since 1999 Are Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.