Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha (24528 Views)

Okorocha: "I Remain The Most Popular Governor In Nigeria" - Okorocha / My Daughter Is The Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria - Okorocha. / We Don’t Need Restructuring In Nigeria – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:36am On Feb 15, 2017
•Osinbanjo Decries Neglect Of Oil-Bearing Communities

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State yesterday dispensed with partisan considerations to broach issues of core interest to the Igbo nation when Acting President Yemi Osibanjo visited the state on strategic consultations. The governor detailed account of marginalization of people of the South-East and Imo State in particular by the present Muhammadu Buhari administration. Okorocha regretted that the region has been grossly shortchanged on many fronts, particularly in the areas of appointments and allocation of Federal Government projects.

His words: “No other group in Nigeria that had invested as much into our nationhood can sing the song of marginalisation as much as Ndigbo has been made to sing it.

We have nothing to show that we are part of the Nigerian project; neither do we have any sense of belonging in the present government at the national level. “We have been marginalised both in terms of projects and appointments. In Imo State, for instance, all we have is a Minister of State to show for all the efforts and extreme sacrifices we made to ensure that the All Progressive Congress (APC) had a good outing in the last general elections.”

Okorocha continued: “I know you are the Acting President and has the ears of the President. So, there is no better person to tell our painful story than you. You need to take a second look at what is happening in the South-East. No serious political appointment, no visible federal infrastructure so far, to show the presence of Federal Government in the South- East in general. “I beg that as the government gives subsequent appointments, let the qualified sons and daughters of the state and region be considered.

Those in business should 1be considered for federal patronage.” Apparently, these were no easy words for Okorocha who is also the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governors’ Forum as he carefully chose his words. “Imo State played major role in bringing APC to power because if what had taken place in other states was allowed to happen in Imo State and other states in the South-East, probably we wouldn’t have had the APC government today.

“Given the roles that I personally played as a sacrificial lamb in the South- East during the elections, my state deserves a better deal. There is no Federal Government presence in the oil-producing areas, and none of our youths benefitted from the Federal Government’s Amnesty Programme. I also use this opportunity to ask for the quick refund of the money spent by the state on Imo International Cargo Airport and on some federal roads in the state.”

Okorocha, who noted that he had made a case previously to President Buhari, expressed confidence that Osinbajo had the ear of the President and will convey the feelings and grievances expressed by stakeholders in the state. Responding, Osinbajo said that it was not exactly correct that President Buhari had been unfair to Imo people. He said that the Presidency couldn’t deliberately set out to marginalise Ndigbo in view of their contributions to the development of the country.

“You said that the highest appointment given to Imo under Buhari was Minister of State for Education. I will like to equally inform you that Katsina, the home state of Mr. President, and Kaduna State where Buhari resides all have ministers of state.

“If there is any governor in this country that has the ear of Mr. President, I will say that it is Governor Okorocha. As such, it cannot be said that the state is marginalised by the APCled Federal Government,”
the acting president said. Osinbajo, during the visit to the palace of the chairman of the Imo State Council of Traditional Rulers, Eze Samuel Ohiri in Owerri, however, conceded to the fact that the oil-bearing communities in Imo State have largely been mistreated and neglected. He reassured that the Federal Government would make amend.

He said: “My visit here is in continuation of consultations with all the states of the Niger Delta as directed by Mr. President, and I can say that the oilproducing communities in Imo State have been largely ignored and this will be appropriately redressed.

“The oil-producing communities in Imo have a lot of vibrant young men and women who must be carried along in the scheme of things. My interaction today with those concerned has given the government the opportunity to discuss with the people directly involved with a view to making sure that there is justice and even development across the Niger Delta communities.”
Meanwhile, Osinbajo has expressed dismay at the level of projects abandonment in the oil-producing communities of Imo state. Speaking at the Stakeholders’ Forum held at the Imo International Convention Centre, Owerri yesterday, the Acting President declared that there are over 40 abandoned projects scattered across Oguta and Ohaji-Egbema, the two oilbearing communities in Imo State.

He, therefore, directed contractors handling all on-going projects in the oil-producing areas of Imo State to return to sites with immediate effect. Osinbajo, who also visited the N4 billion Federal Government‘s Skill Acquisition Centre and the multi-billion naira gas plant in Ohaji-Egbema explained that from the lists submitted to him by various groups, Imo has over 40 abandoned projects awarded in the oil bearing areas, apart from numerous roads projects that are abandoned. He equally warned against the diversion of projects meant for the oilbearing communities by political office holders, noting that such act compound incidences of marginalisation and restiveness in the oil communities.

According to him, the Federal Government was committed to injecting fresh ideas in the development of the Niger Delta area whereby the oil firms, government, corporate bodies and the host communities would come together and step up development of these areas. Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, who also spoke, assured that his ministry would investigate reports of diversion of oil wells due Imo to other states.

Chief Jones Uzoka, an indigene of the oil-bearing communities who spoke, claimed that some oil wells in Imo were allocated to other states, while some others were shut down for no reason. Due to these reasons, he said Imo does not get her due share as oil bearing state and called on the Federal Government to remedy the injustice.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/nothing-show-seast-part-nigeria-okorocha/

3 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by HungerBAD: 5:36am On Feb 15, 2017
Sad.

The clueless one released Billions Of Naira to the East, for the development of the region. But unfortunately the Clueless Otueke Drunk, released the money to.

A-PIUS ANYIM
B-CHIEF IWUANYANWU
C-EKWEREMADU

Let us start first from the aforementioned names, before we start naming the other Eastern Contractors. The problem with the East is not the Government, the Yoruba or even the Fulani.

Questions should be asked from those collecting money on their behalf.

The Easterners are their own Problems.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 5:38am On Feb 15, 2017
Following

No let me talk

I was told Jonathan made the zone dubai

That was why they supported him massively

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by babyfaceafrica: 5:39am On Feb 15, 2017
It is well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by whirlwind7(m): 5:41am On Feb 15, 2017
undecided

What's new?

Okorocha: Imo state bla bla bla bla bla bla bla....

Osinbanjo: FG bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla .....

At the end of which both men shake hands and go home. To confirm it was just a meet for blabbing and going through the motions, come back and check if there has been any changes after 12 calendar months.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 5:41am On Feb 15, 2017
TeleboiZ005:
J

J for what

Don't come and insult the political master of the SE

Here.

He's a great guy ,

His sins is that he campaigned and supported Buhari

God bless you owelle Rochas Anaya Okorocha

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by kettykin: 5:42am On Feb 15, 2017
Okorocha is now joining the wailers

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
It is well

Know tell me something new

Is it not the same zone that claimed Jonathan is a hero?

There is something fundamentally wring somewhere

Where is the 2nd Niger bridge, the cargo airport and the new airports that was claimed Jonathan built?

Oh my God

Owelle thanks for saying the truth

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by TeleboiZ005(m): 5:45am On Feb 15, 2017
sarrki:

J for what

Don't come and insult the political master of the SE
Here.
He's a great guy ,
His sins is that he campaigned and supported Buhari
God bless you owelle Rochas Anaya Okorocha
Mornining bro.

Not in the mood..

9 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by Nobody: 5:45am On Feb 15, 2017
Lolz okorocha might be needing wailers form sha

4 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by izzou(m): 5:47am On Feb 15, 2017
Wait oh

Is Okorocha wailing?

A whole Rochas just picked up a wailers form?

Wonderful grin

17 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 5:49am On Feb 15, 2017
kettykin:
Okorocha is now joining the wailers

HE'S NOT AND CAN NEVER

He's an elder statesman ; A philanthropist, A Ditribalized Nigeria

He showed us how the political class of that zone out of sheer hatred for Buhari lied on non existing projects

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by Nobody: 5:50am On Feb 15, 2017
“Given the roles that I personally played as a sacrificial lamb in the South- East during the elections, my state deserves a better deal. There is no Federal Government presence in the oil-producing areas, and none of our youths benefitted from the Federal Government’s Amnesty Programme. I also use this opportunity to ask for the quick refund of the money spent by the state on Imo International Cargo Airport and on some federal roads in the state.”

The role he played in rigging

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by nonaira: 5:55am On Feb 15, 2017
So okorocha knew all this all along yet had the audacity to condemn young men and women that wants to disassociate themselves from the nation they don't belong to nor treated them right. Had the audacity to even applaud the sh1thole killing them in cold blood.

Okorocha, Okorocha, Okorocha, how many times have I called you? See your life. So you knew this thing all along yet you dey there dey attack Nnamdi Kanu that said the EXACT same MF thing you just said and accused him of "brainwashing the youths." all because of your greediness. So you knew this all along eeh? My despise for you just intensifed I swear.

And yet you wonder why No igbo in your side of igboland likes you. You wonder why igbo in total hates your guts. You wonder why men and women are ready to attack you when they see you.

So you knew all this after all. We all thought your brain got eating while living up north or that your northern blood destroyed your braincells hence your clueless but alas, we see it is because you are a fat greedy bastard. Sometimes I wish you are anioma cause what SE fear to do to your likes, we would gladly do it. Ewu!

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by DjAndroid: 5:58am On Feb 15, 2017
Can someone get the wailers' form for Okorocha.

27 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by MadamExcellency: 5:59am On Feb 15, 2017
sarrki:
Following

No let me talk

I was told Jonathan made the zone dubai

That was why they supported him massively

Stop deflecting people's attention from topical issues.
You can do better by discussing or at worst debating against points raised on the thread instead of all these rabble rousing.

Seasonal bigots can't easily hide their pretence over time.

By the way, GEJ is not from Southeast. Your attempt to question peoples right to choose is not only dangerous but a sign of savagery

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by TPAND(f): 6:01am On Feb 15, 2017
Okorocha is right South-East has been marginalized in this country. But with Osinbajo as president, I am confident he will put things right and redistribute the Buhari's 95% to the four cardinal regions of Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 6:05am On Feb 15, 2017
MadamExcellency:

Stop deflecting people's attention from topical issues.

Try discussing or at worst debating against points raised on the thread instead of all these rabble rousing.

Seasonal bigots can't easily hide their pretence over time.

By the way, GEJ is not from Southeast. Your attempt to question peoples right to choose is not only dangerous but a sign of savage

Let me educate you

Your Likes deceived the innocent and patriotic Nigerians

From the south east not to vote buhari

Just because no one as ever worked or done anything good to the south east like Jonathan

If you feel I am disturbed by your ranting

Please Remove that smug look on your face

The truth is I DON'T

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by orunto27: 6:12am On Feb 15, 2017
They live and thrive in Nigeria, that's sufficient.

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by Nobody: 6:19am On Feb 15, 2017
marginalised, accepted... but who is swallowing the billions accruing to the region in form of federal allocations .

3 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by dheespectre: 6:28am On Feb 15, 2017
waoh
Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by wordcat(m): 6:29am On Feb 15, 2017
At least there are federal prisons, Army barracks, federal Inland revenue offices and police barracks in d south east.

One Nigeria is a fraud.

10 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 15, 2017
Zon-B don't u sleep? Always online throwing tantrums 4 ya APC paymasters. I knw d economy is hard so u have 2 work overtime but take it easy b4 u transform into a vegetable like ur asorock godgrin

sarrki:

10 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:08am On Feb 15, 2017
sarrki:

Let me educate you

Your Likes deceived the innocent and patriotic Nigerians

From the south east not to vote buhari

Just because no one as ever worked or done anything good to the south east like Jonathan

If you feel I am disturbed by your ranting

Please Remove that smug look on your face

The truth is I DON'T

Mr nobody asked or convinced anyone not to vote Buhari, we all already know how divisive and incompetent Buhari was and still is so don't use that trash as an excuse. Buhari has been president b4 and we all know what it was like then and I believe that's y most Igbos didn't go for him. And Rochas wailing and crying about what he did to make Apc have a stand is him indirectly drawing d presidents attention to why most Igbos didn't want him. Sometimes you have to look beyond party lines and just think out of the box.

42 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by malton: 7:15am On Feb 15, 2017
Sad, but true. I thought the same too. Besides CBN, FIRS and federal unis, there is hardly anything else that will remind you the SE is part of Nigeria.

A lot has to be done to change the situation on ground.

Forget IPOB, there are lots of people in the SE who deserve to share in the dividends of democraZy.

Nobody should be neglected like that.

2 Likes

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by DozieInc(m): 7:30am On Feb 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by omenkaLives(m): 7:33am On Feb 15, 2017
Isnt this the greatest indictment on the person of Jogogoro, their moronic hero, yet?

The Mandibulate Chest Pounders would wanna agree with Okorocha for one reason; because of their stupid victim mentality. But, they would hate to at thesame time because:

1. They loathe the gentleman because he rolls with the people they love to hate.

2. It would mean their love for the i effectual buffoon would be the stupidest unwarrented emotion towards amy man ever.

Well, i dont bloody care though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by Abagworo(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2017
nonaira:
So okorocha knew all this all along yet had the audacity to condemn young men and women that wants to disassociate themselves from the nation they don't belong to nor treated them right. Had the audacity to even applaud the sh1thole killing them in cold blood.

Okorocha, Okorocha, Okorocha, how many times have I called you? See your life. So you knew this thing all along yet you dey there dey attack Nnamdi Kanu that said the EXACT same MF thing you just said and accused him of "brainwashing the youths." all because of your greediness. So you knew this all along eeh? My despise for you just intensifed I swear.

And yet you wonder why No igbo in your side of igboland likes you. You wonder why igbo in total hates your guts. You wonder why men and women are ready to attack you when they see you.

So you knew all this after all. We all thought your brain got eating while living up north or that your northern blood destroyed your braincells hence your clueless but alas, we see it is because you are a fat greedy bastard. Sometimes I wish you are anioma cause what SE fear to do to your likes, we would gladly do it. Ewu!

Okorocha has never spoken or acted against Igbo interest except of course in concocted beer parlour stories published sometimes by Vanguard sponsored by his enemies or probably the story sold by radio biagra that he is a Northerner. Every sincere person will know that He built the Igbo cultural center Enugu with his personal money and has equally invested so much time and money to bring unity to Ohaneze. The Southeast is today for the 1st time in 30 years receiving actual share in massive road constructions courtesy his party. You and I know that the only major highway constructed by FG in Southeast in the last 40 years is the Owerri-Onitsha while Enugu-Mamfe that cuts through Ebonyi was a UN project.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by MidolsStudent(m): 7:37am On Feb 15, 2017
omenkaLives:
Per your last paragraph:

Yall should rather be wondering if the brainless of the people from that region were eaten and destroyed when the ineffectual buffoon held sway since the so called marginalisation has been taking place since indeoendence.

I guess the cells found their way back to you people's heads after Buhari became president. grin

What a funny bunch of people. cheesy

omenkaLives:
Isnt this the greatest indictment on the person of Jogogoro, their moronic hero, yet?

The Mandibulate Chest Pounders would wanna agree with Okorocha for one reason; because of their stupid victim mentality. But, they would hate to at thesame time because:

1. They loathe the gentleman because he rolls with the people they love to hate.

2. It would mean their love for the i effectual buffoon would be the stupidest unwarrented emotion towards amy man ever.

Well, i dont bloody care though.
Omenka my Yoruba Muslim brother is it that we yorubas comment only on topics that we don't care about??
We keep claiming we don't care about Biafra but 70% of our posts are directed at IPOB and SE related news.
Meanwhile yesterday one of our yoruba groups was speaking against secession and we refused to open mouth
Afonja wetin we inherit from u like dis?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by omenkaLives(m): 7:40am On Feb 15, 2017
nonaira:

Per your last paragraph:

Yall should rather be wondering if the brainless of the people from that region were eaten and destroyed when the ineffectual buffoon held sway since the so called marginalisation has been taking place since indeoendence.

I guess the cells found their way back to you people's heads after Buhari became president. grin

What a funny bunch of people. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nothing To Show That South-east Is Part Of Nigeria - Okorocha by owobokiri(m): 7:41am On Feb 15, 2017
Few days after calling a meeting to rally igbo elites to support buhari till 2023, then this Is this man thinking at all?? Rochas brought this to himself and should be held totally accountable for this... The marginalization of the south east under buhari is now getting out of hand and those of them that supported him and fought for him and rigged elections for him in the SE have to be held TOTALLY responsible for what is going on. They carried on against all advice as if there was something they knew we didn't know, but events have proven that they did what they did for personal gratifications. To mortgage the interests of the SE just because you want to support your political friends is not the reason imo people elected Okorocha. Onu, Okorocha and Ngige need to explain what came over them..

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG to allocate oil blocs to skilled people from Niger Delta – Kachikwu / Ajimobi Commissions WAMCO Milk Collection Centre / "APC Dead, Buried" – Senator Suleiman Hunkuyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.