Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram (994 Views)

2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site / Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years / Sylva Mobilises Bayelsa APC Members To Clear Refuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by aminho(m): 6:49am On Jun 14, 2015
n furtherance of ongoing efforts to rout Boko Haram insurgency, which has ravaged parts of the country, President Muhammadu Buhari has mobilised the support of all African countries to help Nigeria win the war.

Speaking when he chaired the Peace and Security Council meeting at the 25th African Union (AU) Summit holding in Johannesburg, South Africa, yesterday, the president pointed out that Boko Haram had become a regional problem, affecting particularly, Nigeria’s neighbours in the Northern part of the country.
The summit is President Buhari’s first, since his inauguration as democratically elected president last month.
The president will also hold bilateral talks with other African leaders on the sidelines of the summit to consolidate his ongoing drive to secure Nigeria and neighbouring countries from Boko Haram, a statement by the presidency indicated.

“Boko Haram has extended its reach to Nigeria’s neighbouring countries, which makes it not limited to Nigeria.
“I am pleased to note that Cameroon, Chad and Niger are fighting side by side with Nigeria under the umbrella of the Multi-National Joint Task Force to defeat Boko Haram,” he told the UN Deputy Secretary-general, Jan Eliasson, Chairperson of African Union (AU) Commission, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma and heads of other African countries at the summit.

BUHARI-AT-AU22LEADERSHIP Sunday reports that talks at the meeting largely focused on security challenges facing some African countries, as participants sought better ways of tackling insurgency in some West African countries.
The crises in South Sudan and Burundi also formed part of discussions, with emphasis on the need for leaders of African countries to place the nation’s interest above their personal interest.

Nigeria’s security is at the core of the agenda of President Buhari, whose tenure began on May 29. It would be recalled that in his inaugural address, the president reiterated his resolve to end insurgency in the country. The country’s security challenges was also one of the items on the wish list presented by the president to the meeting of G7 countries, held in Germany, a few days back.
Recall also that before the trip to Germany, the president had also visited the Presidents of Chad and Niger Republic to discuss ways of ending insurgency in the country.

Meanwhile, Zimbabwean president, Robert Mugabe, said that it is time Africa speeds up its industrialisation efforts.
Speaking at the summit, Mugabe urged Africans to take their fate into their own hands by making finished products from minerals mined on the continent before exporting them across the globe.

He formed part of a New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD) panel, alongside President Jacob Zuma and President Macky Sall of Senegal. President Buhari was supposed to be part of the panel but did not make it to the summit on time.
“Surely the African people cannot continue to be hewers of wood and drawers of water, while others delight in their resources, in our resources. With unwavering courage and collective determination, Africa can also industrialise in the same manner other regions have achieved industrialisation within the shortest period possible,” Mugabe said.

He also said NEPAD and other African institutions must prioritise iindustrialisation.
Earlier in his welcome address, President Jacob Zuma of South Africa, who is hosting his counterparts from the continent until tomorrow, June 15, said they should celebrate the fact that a number of the world’s fastest growing economies are in Africa.
He acknowledged however that unemployment among the youth was one of Africa’s biggest threats and identified climate change as stifling development.

Zuma said there was “a huge difference to what Africa was decades ago. We have a commitment to challenge them on our terms,” even as he urged African leaders to work together, saying no African country could achieve prosperity on its own.
“We have one future and a shared destiny.”

Zuma further averred that the deaths of migrants attempting to cross the Mediterranean Sea to reach Europe amount to an indictment of leadership in Africa.
“In recent times, we have all witnessed painful and shameful images of our African brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers and children dying during unsafe passage across the Mediterranean Sea,” he said.
“This is an indictment to all of us and calls on us to realise that although we have done so much to improve the living standards of our people, there is a need to double our efforts,” the South African president added.

Angelina Jolie tackles women’s rights at AU summit
Meanwhile, US Actress, Angelina Jolie, has advocated equal rights and a global fight against violence against women.
Jolie, who is also attending the conference, which theme focuses on women empowerment, was invited by AU Commission head, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma.
She praised the AU for taking the fight for women’s rights forward, saying, “you have put women’s rights at the heart of this summit and the AU’s agenda and that is unbelievably important.”
The actress however pointed out that the world has a long way to go.
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by abduljabbar4(m): 6:57am On Jun 14, 2015
I'm sure Boko Haram has run out of arms. Maybe they used the last bombs they had since pdp is no longer around to provide more weapons
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by kodded(m): 7:06am On Jun 14, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I'm sure Boko Haram has run out of arms. Maybe they used the last bombs they had since pdp is no longer around to provide more weapons
undecided ?
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Caseless: 7:08am On Jun 14, 2015
I know those stoats will come below me and call you names even though they wish their faceless fathers were like you(PMB).
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by gamechanger042: 7:11am On Jun 14, 2015
Buhari has no clue
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by abduljabbar4(m): 7:11am On Jun 14, 2015
kodded:
undecided ?
Gej did more

Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by natas22: 7:18am On Jun 14, 2015
Pmb on point but APC really need to apologize to Jonathan because he used a similar strategy and APC crucified him on asking for help to fight insurgency.
Long live GEJ, long live PMB my man any day any time.

www.
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by sayyid(m): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2015
God help Mr. President God help Nigeria God bless us all
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 14, 2015
Caseless:
I know those stoats will come below me and call you names even though they wish their faceless fathers were like you(PMB).

Pardon me bro, but most of your posts are about insulting people's fathers. Do you have one? Or is he your yardstick for insulting others?

They insult Buhari, you insult their father, what's the difference between you and the guys? Has Buhari become your father?

They insult 'your president', it is only fair to insult 'their president', insulting their father in this only makes you childish.
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Caseless: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2015
gbl01:

Pardon me bro, but most of your posts are about insulting people's fathers. Do you have one? Or is he your yardstick for insulting others?

They insult Buhari, you insult their father, what's the difference between you and the guys? Has Buhari become your father?

They insult 'your president', it is only fair to insult 'their president', insulting their father in this only makes you childish.
Oh my God! I thought you were going to make sense.
So, if they insult my president, you think I should insult their president? Those insulting buhari on this forum, are they forum niger republic or ghana? Do we have 2 presidents in Nigeria?
SMS!
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 14, 2015
Caseless:
Oh my God! I thought you were going to make sense.
So, if they insult my president, you think I should insult their president? Those insulting buhari on this forum, are there forum niger republic or ghana? Do we have 2 presidents in Nigeria?
SMS!

Exactly the point, insulting people as vengeance doesn't make sense! After all, they didn't insult your father-since you've been bringing their fathers into it

Its a pity you even didn't get the pun.

If you think insulting people because they insult 'their' president makes sense to you, then please GROW UP!

Not saying its right to insult the president but insulting them back or their father is greater foolishness.

You don't show a blind man path by jumping into the ditch with him, you guide him, you pull him out... (Again, I wish you'll understand that)
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Caseless: 7:41am On Jun 14, 2015
gbl01:

Exactly the point, insulting people as vengeance doesn't make sense! After all, they didn't insult your father-since you've been bringing their fathers into it

Its a pity you even didn't get the pun.

If you think insulting people because they insult 'their' president makes sense to you, then please GROW UP!

Not saying its right to insult the president but insulting them back or their father is greater foolishness.

You don't show a blind man path by jumping into the ditch with him, you guide him, you pull him out... (Again, I wish you'll understand that)
foolishness is when you preach against 'insult' in any form, but post with 'insult' in ur comment.
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by CircleOfWilis: 7:42am On Jun 14, 2015
Goood

Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:44am On Jun 14, 2015
Caseless:
foolishness is when you preach against 'insult' in any form, but post with 'insult' in ur comment.

Unfortunately, I'm not ready to descend to your current state to start exchanging insults with you. You're so into that so badly that you can't figure out when sommeone isn't insulting u. A blunt statement at correcting you is now an insult?

Again, grow up bro. You sound so childish and may never get the point, 'twill be waste of time explaining anything to you.

1 Like

Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Caseless: 8:25am On Jun 14, 2015
gbl01:

Unfortunately, I'm not ready to descend to your current state to start exchanging insults with you. You're so into that so badly that you can't figure out when sommeone isn't insulting u. A blunt statement at correcting you is now an insult?

Again, grow up bro. You sound so childish and may never get the point, 'twill be waste of time explaining anything to you.
if I want to serve you your fatuity back, I know how to do it.
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by olasmith10(m): 8:46am On Jun 14, 2015
seems d major issue on PMB's mind is to fight d insurgents to a stand still...
Re: PMB Mobilises Africa Against Boko Haram by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2015
Caseless:
if I want to serve you your fatuity back, I know how to do it.
of course, its what you do for a living

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Promises Improved Power Supply / Kenyans Come For Italian PM 4 Wearing Bullet Proof Vest To Meet Kenya President / 16 Satirical Illustrations Depicting Police Officers Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.