Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years (11484 Views)

Julius Berger, RCC Threaten To Abandon Works On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / 2nd Niger Bridge: FG Mobilises Contractor To Site / Julius Berger And RCC Have Started Work On Lagos-ibadan Expressway (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by elampiro(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2016
Benin/Auchi Highway: FG mobilises RCC back to site

The Federal Government has mobilised back to site Reynod Construction Company (RCC), the contractor handling the dualization of the Benin/Ehor section of the Benin/Auchi/Okene highway.

It would be recalled that the company that started the dualization work on the highway in 2012, moved out of site late 2014 due to non-payment.

Mr Denis Orji, the Federal Controller of Works, confirmed this in Benin on Saturday.

Orji said the mobilisation of RCC back to site has seen more than 300 workers that were laid off after they closed site in 2014, reabsorbed.

The controller said the first task before the construction company was to see that the potholes and failed sections of the highway are made motorable.

“Though their scheduled is between Benin/Ehor section of the road, but they are to ensure that the section up to Iruekpen is passable by carrying out maintenance work.

“If you go through the road as we speak, you will see that the company have done a lot of work on the area they are maintaining, what is left for them majorly is to put bitumen.

“You will see that they have moved equipment back to site, but by next week, you will see more of the equipment,” he said.

It would be recalled that the Federal Government, under Goodluck Jonathan administration, awarded contract for the dualization of the highway from Benin to Lokoja.

Four different construction companies were awarded contract for the four lots/sections up to Lokoja.

The road, particularly the highway between Benin to Okene has become very bad.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/08/13/beninauchi-highway-fg-mobilises-rcc-back-to-site/

3 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by CHOPUP411(m): 4:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hallelujah

1 Like

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by GudluckIBB(m): 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2016
Buhari is slow, but very soon, he will get it right.

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Mynd44: 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
This is another GEJ project.

Useless lying government.

10 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by NextGovernor(m): 4:51pm On Aug 13, 2016
I Hope this is not propaganda just to cajor people to vote APC in next month governorship election. APC government can do anything....

8 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by MrALIVE: 5:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mynd44:

are you ok? Can't you read and comprehend? Of course it is a project that was awarded during Gej administration but worked stopped there since

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by LoveMachine(m): 5:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
MrALIVE:
are you ok? Can't you read and comprehend? Of course it is a project that was awarded during Gej administration but worked stopped there since

Don't bother.

15 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Kollyk11(m): 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
I must tell u that road is bad.still passed tru the road yday.haven of robbers

1 Like

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by amaechi1: 5:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mynd44:

GEJ project that completed? I have noticed one good thing you can't take from PMB is continuity of projects. That is a sign of strength not weakness.

74 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by elampiro(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mynd44:

That road is currently worse than when GEJ awarded it. Virtually nothing was done. I travel the road often, and it has cut into two at Ekpoma just after Big Joe Motors when coming from Benin.

38 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by richidinho(m): 5:44pm On Aug 13, 2016
Because of Edo election abi?

As for me Ize-iyamu till Buhari make N1 equals $1 grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Eldeedon(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
elampiro:

That road is currently worse than when GEJ awarded it. Virtually nothing was done. I travel the road often, and it has cut into two at Ekpoma just after Big Joe Motors when coming from Benin.
wen last Did u pass through dat of Ekpoma!!?

1 Like

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
So you don't know that the guy is being sarcastic?
MrALIVE:

11 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by donstevoz(m): 7:07pm On Aug 13, 2016
Mynd44:

Hope you can hear how horrible you sound. GEJ awarded contracts in 2012 and failed to pay contractors from then up to 2014 even in the midst of oil boom and you still have the guts to mention 'GEJ project'. You and GEJ should be ashamed. The question you should be asking him is to tell us what he did with all the money he got from oil boom if he couldn't pay for projects awarded. Oh, I forgot! He and his cronies stole it and used the rest to compromise everyone and everything, including INEC, to win reelection

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by mrssamson(f): 7:08pm On Aug 13, 2016
Welcome back

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by 8BitGee(m): 7:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
donstevoz:

Hope you can hear how horrible you sound. GEJ awarded contracts in 2012 and failed to pay contractors from then up to 2014 even in the midst of oil boom and you still have the guts to mention 'GEJ project'. You and GEJ should be ashamed. The question you should be asking him is to tell us what he did with all the money he got from oil boom if he couldn't pay for projects awarded. Oh, I forgot! He and his cronies stole it and used the rest to compromise everyone and everything, including INEC, to win reelection

MrALIVE:

elampiro:

Even if it rises up and strikes you across the face, you'd still miss it. Sarcasm!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by jelel6: 8:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
NextGovernor:
I Hope this is not propaganda just to cajor people to vote APC in next month governorship election. APC government can do anything....
if it is. what are you going to do about it ?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by olayinkajnr(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
NextGovernor:

First time I'm commenting on a politics thread. Its not a propaganda. I actually passed through the highway from Kaduna to Lagos and from Lagos to Kaduna again in space of 4 days. RCC is back on site as I saw their trucks and workers on the said highway doing their work.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by ashjay001(m): 10:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
jelel6:

If u ask am, na who e go ask?

2 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by gebest: 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2016
thank God, that road is a dirth trap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by elampiro(m): 11:22pm On Aug 13, 2016
Eldeedon:
wen last Did u pass through dat of Ekpoma!!?

Today
Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Eldeedon(m): 1:40am On Aug 14, 2016
elampiro:

Today
aaah! my Broda stop lying.. dat portion of d road Hv been repaired since last week!

1 Like

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by elampiro(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2016
Eldeedon:
aaah! my Broda stop lying.. dat portion of d road Hv been repaired since last week!

Which portion are you talking about?

Last week I couldn't drive through that Big Joe portion of the road when going to Benin. Trailers sank in mud and everywhere was blocked. I had to revise to take inside town to Iruekpen. Yesterday, when travelling from Benin, I diverted from Iruekpen via Ujemen via Ihumudumu to Ekpoma road.

- Updated:

A friend just confirmed to me it has been fixed. I will confirm it when I travel again.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by timilehing(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2016
Okay
Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by seguno2: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Buhari is slow, but very soon, he will get it right.

Yeah, get it right to continue Jonathan's work is not such a bad thing really.
Better than cancellation of projects like he did in the 80s during his first coming and like Yar'Adua also did.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by samx4real(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2016
Na lie, Edo people no go vote APC even though them wan carry Kanji dam come give them light for 30days/night.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by seguno2: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2016
donstevoz:

Stories of a failed propaganda era.

2 Likes

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Zico5(m): 8:47am On Aug 14, 2016
This is good, fashola should turn everywhere to construction site. Let's the wailers continue to wail while the good work continue. Nigeria ko ni baje. O baje ti

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by freemanbubble: 8:48am On Aug 14, 2016
Ok. They think we the binis and the other good tribe in edo state can be deceived. Them fail
oshiomhole is going to jail.
As for me and my house hold we are voting for ize-iyamu.
Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by MadCow1: 8:49am On Aug 14, 2016
8BitGee:

Even if it rises up and strikes you across the face, you'd still miss it. Sarcasm!

Boys are not smiling so they can't easily spot sarcasm.. grin

You better indicate say na joke before you get accidentally caught up in the jungle justices system.. grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2016
jelel6:
Oga park well
Re: Benin-Auchi Highway: FG Mobilises RCC Back To Site After 2 Years by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 14, 2016
8BitGee:

Please, how did you mention three people at the same time? please

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

NLC Rejects Any Renegotiation Of N30,000 Minimum Wage / 2023: Yahaya Bello Fits Best - PDP PCC Spokesman, Segun Sowunmi / FASHOLA Commissions COWLSO Retirement Villa. PICS..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.