Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Best Antivirus To Use - Computers (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Antivirus To Use (98195 Views)

10 Online Antivirus To Secure Your Computer / Best Antivirus To Use "PC World USA" Big Review 2012" / Upgrade Or Renew Your 2010 Norton Antivirus To 2011 1year Subscription #1,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Phate07(m): 7:23am On Oct 14, 2010
AVG Internet Security rocks. It gets the job done and its stable.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tunnex190: 8:56am On Oct 14, 2010
i am still not getting my avast updated. . . how can i do that offline update?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Kaybaba5(m): 12:29pm On Oct 14, 2010
Let me help u
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2010
is the help for free? grin
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by yahoo2(m): 7:52pm On Oct 16, 2010
tunnex190:

i am still not getting my avast updated. . . how can i do that offline update?

Go here http://www.avast.com/download-update Download and run. Your avast will be updated. wink wink
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tunnex190: 12:05am On Oct 17, 2010
thanks @yahoo, i will do just that, and get back to you asap
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tunnex190: 2:43am On Oct 17, 2010
Can someone help me with licence key for avast free antivirus 5.0.594?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by puskin: 6:11am On Oct 17, 2010
George_D:

eset nod 32? i tried it once and got my fingers burnt. definitely not for me.

. . . . undecided Im curious, wat exactly did it do to U??
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by moonraker(m): 7:04am On Oct 17, 2010
@ puskin

maybe he was using fta skillz to install the antivirus grin cheesy
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by amyliajane(f): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2010

assistance needed here
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 10:13am On Oct 18, 2010
amyliajane:

assistance needed here

Take this but call me (08033252184) for the first & last figure: -3902854R9972A0911-2YUBA7H-
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by lanredo(m): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2010
I think Karpeskey is good, my friend introduced it to me, I am on the one month free trial period now, I trhink I will buy or I try again
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tunnex190: 4:00pm On Oct 20, 2010
jonescosmo:

Take this but call me (08033252184) for the first & last figure: -3902854R9972A0911-2YUBA7H-

Help me if you really want to. . . Why do i have to call you?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by jonescosmo(m): 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2010
tunnex190:

Help me if you really want to. . . Why do i have to call you?

Do u knwo dat Avast now blocks keys that are detected on use in duplicate locations? dats why i dont want to give u a key dat somebody else would grab and use along side with you. So dat when they block any key that I had given to you, it i will know you must have tampered with it by giving it out or using it in more dan one location. But mind you im not charging you for the key, its completely freeeeeeeeeeeeee. just call, is for ur own good or else, if u want me to paste the key here, then reply to this post and say so.

Thankx
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Estimable(m): 4:55am On Oct 21, 2010
Avast rules,thanks for d update
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 12:44pm On Oct 21, 2010
yeah, avast even blocked a dcom exploit on my network while browsing yesterday. isn't that great for a free product?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by oweniwe(m): 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2010
A beg make una bail me out o. Anytime i play any disk with my laptop, a notification which says "problem with shortcut: duekuuf exe is missing" would appear. Sometimes "duekuuf scr" would be the missing shortcut. I've scanned all nook and cranny of the laptop with both avast and AVG anti virus but they didn't detect any virus. The laptop is a compaq presario cq 40-15TU on vista ultimate. What do i do to get rid of duekuuf?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by oweniwe(m): 4:56pm On Oct 21, 2010
A beg make una bail me out o. Anytime i play any disk with my laptop, a notification which says "problem with shortcut: duekuuf exe is missing" would appear. Sometimes "duekuuf scr" would be the missing shortcut. I've scanned all nook and cranny of the laptop with both avast and AVG anti virus but they didn't detect any virus. The laptop is a compaq presario cq 40-15TU on vista ultimate. What do i do to get rid of duekuuf?
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by haliyou(m): 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2010
i dont see reason why we men do agree with them alway
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 10:54am On Oct 22, 2010
oweniwe,
i think what you may be experiencing is a software that was uninstalled properly.
you either use system restore to go back to previuos state (think of the last time your
laptop was working properly before this problem started) or be prepared to reinstall
the entire os.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by oweniwe(m): 11:28am On Oct 22, 2010
^^ thanks for your advice. The problem actually started when i used my sony ericsson as modem on the laptop to browse. Anytime i connect the phone, USB port anti virus software would alert of a threat called "duekuuf exe". But when i scanned the phone, no virus was detected. That's why i think duekuuf is a virus. How do i weed it out? sad
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2010
oweniwe,
use system restore to go back to before you used the phone modem. that'll wipe out whatever it is that is hidden there.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by oweniwe(m): 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2010
Thanks for you advice
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tunnex190: 2:33pm On Oct 22, 2010
jonescosmo:

Do u knwo dat Avast now blocks keys that are detected on use in duplicate locations? dats why i dont want to give u a key dat somebody else would grab and use along side with you. So dat when they block any key that I had given to you, it i will know you must have tampered with it by giving it out or using it in more dan one location. But mind you im not charging you for the key, its completely freeeeeeeeeeeeee. just call, is for your own good or else, if u want me to paste the key here, then reply to this post and say so.

Thankx

i just called you now. Thanks so much
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by thonerow(m): 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2010
Tunnex my oga pls can u help me with how to get d licence key 4 kapersky mobile 9.0-na for phone o.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by demdem1: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2010
jonescosmo:

Do u knwo dat Avast now blocks keys that are detected on use in duplicate locations? dats why i dont want to give u a key dat somebody else would grab and use along side with you. So dat when they block any key that I had given to you, it i will know you must have tampered with it by giving it out or using it in more dan one location. But mind you im not charging you for the key, its completely freeeeeeeeeeeeee. just call, is for your own good or else, if u want me to paste the key here, then reply to this post and say so.

Thankx

jonescosmos, good work in here. May God continues to bless you abundantly. Please i need your help too. I need activation code for my avast internet security version 5.0.677. I will be grateful. You can send it to this no or if u want me to call you let me know. 08077086760. Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 10:18am On Oct 26, 2010
dem,
avast activation is free so no need to beg for it.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by shobanfe: 11:56am On Oct 26, 2010
All anti-virus are good, depending on who is using it. It also depends on favorites.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by GeorgeD1(m): 9:29am On Oct 27, 2010
shobanfe,
no. all antivirus are not the same. and that's a fact!
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by DoubleN(m): 3:06pm On Oct 27, 2010
shobanfe:

All anti-virus are good, depending on who is using it. It also depends on favorites.
I disagree with you also on that,not all anti-virus programs are 'good'! Some can be overzealous and even delete critical systems files e.g Bit Defender. As for it being your 'favorite' this has nothing to do with performance. I like a Keke Marwa doesn't make it better than a BMW 7 Series!
As for me my Pick would be Eset Smart Security because it is light,scans fast,updates are small and fast (incremental) and it is very good at catching virus in the wild i.e Viruses with no known signature.
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by tunnex190: 11:07pm On Oct 27, 2010
George_D:

dem,
avast activation is free so no need to beg for it.

Thanks and can u help me with avast internet security activation code the same version requested by dem_dem
Re: Best Antivirus To Use by Enshol: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2010
as far as i am concerned there is no BEST Anti virus. I have used so many becos of the nature of my job.
I will recommend Avira

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply)

Dos And Don'ts Of This Section / Come in for your Budget friendly US|UK used Laptop deals (Updated) / How To Crack An Encrypted Winrar Archive Without Password?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.