Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Animals Escape From Tbilisi Zoo After Flood, 8 People Killed(photo) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Animals Escape From Tbilisi Zoo After Flood, 8 People Killed(photo) (910 Views)

Flood Drowns Woman With Her Car In Tamale, Ghana (Video, Photo) / 8 People Drown In River Niger / FLOOD: Ladies, Will You Accept This Offer? - [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Animals Escape From Tbilisi Zoo After Flood, 8 People Killed(photo) by McDonalds2014(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lions and other animals escape from a zoo in Tbilisi, Georgia after serious flood today that has killed 8.
According to Reuters, Serious flooding in the Georgian capital has killed eight people and helped several animals escape from their enclosures in the zoo.
Lions, tigers, bears and other animals escaped from their zoo enclosures and roamed Tbilisi, the capital of Georgia, on Sunday after flooding that killed at least eight people, officials said.
“At least eight people died” in the flood, Interior MinisterVakhtang Gomelauritold Georgia’sRustavi 2 television.An unnamed official quoted by the channel said the toll later rose to nine.
The Vere river burst its banks in central Tbilisi after hours of torrential rain, turning streets and squares into raging streams, sweeping away cars and flooding houses. Dozens of families were left without shelter and thousands without water and electricity supply in the city of 1.2 million, the mayor’s office said.
Animals including tigers, lions, jaguars, bears, and wolves escaped from cages in the flooded Tbilisi zoo. Some of them were captured by police while others were shot dead, according to the mayor’s office

Re: Animals Escape From Tbilisi Zoo After Flood, 8 People Killed(photo) by UAE123(m): 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
I thank God say no b dat place I dey live. I no sure say we don near or see dis kind thing for our country Nigeria.
Re: Animals Escape From Tbilisi Zoo After Flood, 8 People Killed(photo) by INTERMAN: 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
Please warn the in all the zoos in Nigeria. because this go be gobe if this happens o. Lalasticlala ! I can't imaging seeing lion in my backyard o.

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating Codename / Behaviours Of Some Friends / Things You Could Do With £13billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.