Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,236 members, 7,860,509 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:55 AM

Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars (1766 Views)

Policemen Trying To Bring Down A Biafran Flag In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Police Remove Biafra Flag In Ebonyi State University (Photos) / Policeman Tries To Snatch Biafran Flag In Enugu Stadium (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by babeface3: 10:01pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have seen several Nigerians mounting Israeli National Flags in their cars. Are they really patriotic to the state of Israel or could this mean something else?

1 Like

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by Elslim: 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
and ve u noticed that its our igbo brothers that do it most

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by PentiumPro(f): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
It's the igbos, no other Nigerian do such nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by deor03(m): 10:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
babeface3:
I have seen several Nigerians mounting Israeli National Flags in their cars. Are they really patriotic to the state of Israel or could this mean something else?

These people see themselves as Jews. The flag of Israel has the star of David, representing the Jews

So that's the connection.

Some Igbo believe they have historical connection to the Jews

2 Likes

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
That's a nice development for one to acknowledge his history...
Why making a fuss??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by kodded(m): 10:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
No big deal

I see a lot of usa and great britain flags too undecided

4 Likes

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by Anyi3(m): 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
PentiumPro:
Elslim:
and ve u noticed that its our igbo brothers that do it most

Source?
Or are these sentimental assumptions?

Ever wondered if these people have dual nationalities anyways?
Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by tunjiajayi: 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
Seen that.
its the Igbos trying to be biafrans and Israelis at the same time.

talk about mistaken identity.

5 Likes

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by kernel504(m): 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
OP, l was thinking you should be more concerned with what Arabic language on our currency which you use too, against poking into individual businesses. We have more US flags in Nigeria compared to Israel.
Is either you are a religious bigot or tribal.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by EasternPride: 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Are Biafrans not related to Jews?

We are brothers with Israelites, so?
We can choose to carry their flag about, no big deal, na we we.
Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by Emekamex(m): 11:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
Is they any law banning it? If not, you people should concentrate on more important things.

1 Like

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by aresa: 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2015

The hand bag and azonto dancing dude still cracks me up I swear... funny people...

3 Likes

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by kokoA(m): 12:07am On Jun 15, 2015
Here in Abj na APC flag I dey see on 80percent of the cars on road.
Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by Macelliot(m): 12:09am On Jun 15, 2015
I noticed that too
Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by Caseless: 12:34am On Jun 15, 2015
And you can never find any Jew in isreal pinning our flag on his/her car . I do see that of Saudi Arabia on some cars too. It is more of religion than patriotism.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by fr3do(m): 2:24am On Jun 15, 2015
Some are those who have been on pilgrimage to Israel. Some Igbos say the Igbos came from the Jews (probably during their 400 years stay in Egypt), but I and some other Igbos choose to believe that Our ancestors have lived in our respective hometowns since the beginning of human race. Even at this I don't see why anybody should give anyone an explanation on why they carry the Israeli flag.
Re: Whats The Meaning Of Nigerian Motorists Pinning Israeli Flag In Their Cars by unanonso(m): 3:38am On Jun 15, 2015
PentiumPro:

How is it nonsense? I don't see anyone complaining about those who hung American flag in their cars.

(1) (Reply)

President Obama Arrested After Sending 3 Misiles To Nigeria / #voteofconfidence Has Just Been Raised In The 8th House Of Senate / LIST Of States Yet To Get A Ministerial Appointment From Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.