Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,707 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University (38017 Views)

Nigerian Slay Queen Bags Law Degree From UK University. Photos / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary / Nigerian Lady Bags First Class In Law From UK University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by gidjah(m): 10:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
TNK U SIR ITS only free for d under graduates alone o
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by GLOBALINF: 10:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
But you can consider cyprus!

Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by Shaw007(m): 11:35pm On Jun 15, 2015
Nothing is easy anywhere, just do your thing!

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by Craigston: 1:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Joavid:

Hell No.

Consider Germany.
I thought so. I've thought about these but it's not happening soon so it's mostly wishes. Australia, Israel (these guys are very reserved though), Germany, Ireland and Norway. Just wishes anyway.
Nigeria first.
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by mranova(m): 12:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
However, you can choose to study in an accredited UK university from here in Nigeria through the online study mode @ the cost of $11,000. Though it takes 29 months to complete(because it is part time study mode). Perfect study mode as you work you study, plus the payments are in instalments. That is $1222 per module and you cover 9 modules including desertation. Its been working well for me, your certificate will be as good as you went there to study. You can choose to attend your graduation in person or your certificate mailed to you. For more info mail me or check this link.
http://refer.roehampton-online.com/v2/share/6140887970600546565

1 Like

Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by Nmeri17: 9:43pm On Jun 21, 2015
chamboy:
Go to Aussy don't kill yasef on UK
which Aussie? http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/australi.html undecided
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by chamboy(m): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2015
Nmeri17:
which Aussie? http://www.heretical.com/cannibal/australi.html undecided
u shared an article of 1933 (when dey were more Aborigines)...

U must b Some Old deluded Person...

This is what You should be checking

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/?title=List_of_countries_by_Human_Development_Index

Stop living in the Past
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by toprealman: 9:57am On Jan 14, 2017
DMainMan:
Nice point. People apply there because it is only 1year while US and Canada is 2 years. While will one waste 1 year.

Also, most Nigeria overseas scholarships opportunities are constrained towards UK universities.

However, only apply to russel universities and not second-tier universities. There is discrimination.

www.russellgroup.ac.uk/our-universities/

Most Employers go to only the russel universities and preference is given to UK/EU students. If however, u are exceptionally gud or that company has a branch in Nigeria, then u wil b considered.

Also subscribe to UK sites for job. Some guys don get job already even without finishing their studies yet. Some guys in US and Canada still de look for even when there are more opportunities.

IT IS ALL ABOUT LUCK, PERSEVERANCE HARD WORK AND INFORMATION MY PEOPLE.
Brah u just can't compare uk certificate with Canada/US. The 2 yrs is for a reason. You come out grounded and have 3 yrs to practice ....depending on an interplay of factors though. UK schools are easy to get....that's all.
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by Chydobe: 12:34am On Aug 20, 2022
United Kingdom (UK) is home to one of the finest and top ranked schools in the world. United Kingdom has the best school facilities and takes great pride in the quality and standards her school possess.

It is worthy of note to state that, on the list of global university ranking, two UK schools sit comfortably amongs the top 5 schools in the world. This article brings to your knowledge the best top 10 universities in UK and reasons why they made the top 10 universities in UK list.

Click on the link below to see the list of top best universities in UK

https://www.scholarworldwide.com/top-10-universities-in-uk-best-ranked-universities-in-uk/
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by Tenrack: 11:10am On Mar 14, 2023
dustydee:

To make a blanket statement that there are no jobs is simply not true. There are jobs for those with the right mindset. The unemployment rate is a combination of different factors. A visit to some job boards will show you that there are tens of thousands of jobs. I know for a fact that the big four each have over 1000 vacancies which they struggle to fill each year. One of the reasons foreign student don’t get jobs after graduation is because in their minds “there are no jobs”.

You are right that the UK government are tightening immigration rules. There are however about 20000 tier 2 visa places every year. Are you aware that the places remained unfilled for the past few years?
You have about 18 months to look for a job in the UK. The mistake most people make is that they wait till they finish their program before looking for jobs. The UK system doesn’t work that way. You start looking for a job when you commence your program (I am assuming a masters degree program). Most big companies complete their recruitment process for September start around February (Just when you start your second semester). The key is applying early as most companies operate on a “first come first served basis”.

The visa and the school fees are high but the standard of education is high.

Discrimination, just like everywhere else in the world.

I believe everyone leaving his country to study elsewhere should have a purpose which usually is to be a better person. If the cost to you is not commensurate with the benefits, look elsewhere.

NB: I am talking from experience.
good day sir. Can I send a pm please?
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by dustydee: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2023
Tenrack:
good day sir. Can I send a pm please?
Sure
Re: Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University by Tenrack: 1:02pm On Mar 14, 2023
dustydee:

Sure
sent sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNILAG Reacts To Nairaland's News Of Students Asked To Kneel Down / Please How Do I Solve These Difficult Primary 4 QR Questions (pictures) / LAUTECH Students Involved In Motor Accident, 2 Students Confirmed Dead (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.