Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,337 members, 7,836,405 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February (2258 Views)

Poll: Which Champion wins the first leg?

Chelsea: 52% (12 votes)
Juventus: 43% (10 votes)
Draw: 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Barcelona Vs Juventus : UCL (3 - 1) On 6th June 2015 / Arsenal Vs Monaco: UCL (1 - 3) On 25th February 2015 / AC Milan Vs Juventus (0 - 1) On 20th September 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by Cristalz(f): 11:20pm On Feb 22, 2009
Chelsea host Juventus in their UCL clash on Wednesday night at Stamford Bridge, 19.45 GMT (8.45pm Nigerian time).

Chelsea seem to have recovered their lost fighting spirit and do-or-die attitude under new coach Guus Hiddink. The team put up a good performance in their last Premiership game against Aston Villa which they won 1 - 0, but it remains to be seen if they can keep up their pace and eagerness against Juventus. All eyes are focused on Hiddink to see how well he'll do, and if Roman was right to have fired Phil Scolari.
    The Blues are still without Michael Essien who plans a return next month. Deco did a good job in the MF on Saturday, so he should be able to keep things tight in there on Wednesday. Joe Cole and Carvalho are still injured also.

Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri takes his current team to Stamford Bridge on Wednesday for the first leg of the clubs' Champions League last-16 clash.
Coincidentally, Ranieri was in charge of Chelsea for almost four years until the end of the 2003-04 season, leading them to second place in the Premier League - behind Arsenal's 'Invincibles' - and the Champions League semi-finals in his final campaign.
     The Italian benefited from the arrival of Roman Abramovich as club owner in 2003 and used his millions to bring in the likes of Damien Duff, Joe Cole and Claude Makelele. He had earlier signed William Gallas and Frank Lampard, also nurturing the early career of youth product John Terry, and it was largely the squad that he built which went on to dominate English football for two years after Jose Mourinho was brought in, following Ranieri's controversial sacking, in 2004.
    Will his knowledge of these players give his team a little advantage perhaps? Remains to be seen.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by ugoc1: 11:20am On Feb 23, 2009
BLUZ 4 LIFE. LET JUVE COME, AND THEY WILL CRY BAK HOME AM SURE OF THAT.

THE MEN THAT MADE ME PROUD

Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by tayoccu(m): 3:27pm On Feb 23, 2009
now now do you really think the pensioneers can stop the old lady of italian football?
Raineri's boys will cry alright tears of joy, they'll be so happy that they gave claudio the perfect gift.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 23, 2009
Tough one, but Chelsea will NIC it.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by dyabman(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2009
dont u see the name pensioneers is very alike to OLD lady ,

they are still bearing that name while we have changed from Pensioneers to the BLUES , They will be too old to play us , just weary of Amauri and Camoranesi,
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by Sauron1: 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2009
CHELSEA BEWARE!!!!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by PoDeep(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2009
, FOR THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!
. . .
. . .
(right?)
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by dyabman(m): 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2009
If we are eliminated by juventus it would never be a pain in the ass for me, I love the Old lady as well i love chelsea too , so all join, ori mi fokasibe !!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by biina: 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2009
This is the tie of the round imo. too close to call. Give the edge to Juve on the pitch, but Chelsea has the bench.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by bigfather(m): 7:33pm On Feb 23, 2009
Hmmmmm,  i am soooo scared ! embarassed
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by FBS: 8:07am On Feb 24, 2009
any predictions?
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by tayoccu(m): 9:28am On Feb 24, 2009
chelsea 1, Juventus 3
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by FBS: 9:33am On Feb 24, 2009
why do folks generally hate chelsea?
we will surprise many people oh!
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by PoDeep(m): 9:40am On Feb 24, 2009
Yo blues, just don't foul anyone close to the box 18 cos Cech is like the worst free-kick saver I've seen in a really long time AND Del piero is one hell of a free-kick taker.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by nyabinghi(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2009
@all blues,

Chelsea will lose 1-2 to Juve. Blues ko, green ni. A club with no class, history and finesse.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by tayoccu(m): 10:52am On Feb 24, 2009
if for nothing else, you guys'll lose for the way you treated the man that built chelsea into a team to reckon with.
Rainieri Deserves this victory.

The pensioners will fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by khanye(m): 11:34am On Feb 24, 2009
BlueDiva:

Tough one, but Chelsea will NIC it.

This aint WATFORD, SUNDERLAND or ASTON VILLA.
Juventus will teach you guyz soccer
like Roma did to you cool
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by Marymos: 12:30pm On Feb 24, 2009
i reserve my comment.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by dyabman(m): 12:53pm On Feb 24, 2009
keep on ranting HATERS !!! , we got a surprise package for all of you,
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by tayoccu(m): 2:15pm On Feb 24, 2009
Posted by: FBS
Insert Quote
why do folks generally hate chelsea?
we will surprise many people oh!

I'll tell you why Chelsea as a whole (owner,players,managers and fans) has become arrogant,
they've been deceived by their brief success, i mean they won 2 league titles after 50 years of waiting (3rd in their entire existence), and all of a sudden they think they are on liverpool,s level,man u's level,arsenal's level, sheesh come on!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by hustler(m): 6:56pm On Feb 24, 2009
The biggest threat for Chelsea will be Amauri's presence. He's the new Drogba but with more speed and skill.

I would have given this to Juve but with Hiddink's presence. it may swing either way now. I even foresee it goin to penalties after 0-0 or 1-1 stalemates.

I know Juve's defence will be able to cope with Chelsea with Chielllini and Legro at the back but the right back Grygera is very weak but who's there on the left for Chelsea to exploit that weakness. Malouda?? Kalou might do a good job in this regard if played.

Relishin the battle b/w Mikel and Sissoko in the middle. Sissoko has been very fantastic of late plus he scored a wonder goal on saturday against Palermo.

Dunno why my mind keeps tellin me penalties on dis one.

Will be rooting for Juve anywayzs and give dem the slight edge on dis one.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by switch47(m): 8:43am On Feb 25, 2009
chelsea will lose
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by dyabman(m): 9:41am On Feb 25, 2009
ur father will loose
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by FBS: 12:46pm On Feb 25, 2009
tayoccu:

I'll tell you why Chelsea as a whole (owner,players,managers and fans) has become arrogant,
they've been deceived by their brief success, i mean they won 2 league titles after 50 years of waiting (3rd in their entire existence), and all of a sudden they think they are on liverpool,s level,man u's level,arsenal's level, sheesh come on!!
@tayoccu, your definition of arrogant is very crude. Are you saying that it is wrong to aspire to be number one?
are you saying that after 2 back to back league titles (mind you, you did mention 50 years. . .thats a long wait dont you think?) the club should just go back to oblivion? Are they not supposed to build on that success and move on?
Maybe you havent noticed, but that is exactly what the club is doing. Breaking the status quo and becoming a bigger club.
Is that what you call being arrogant? Listen up man, to be successful, sometimes you need a bit of arrogance.

PS: which club do you support anyway, Rangers of Enugu or of Glasgow? grin
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by Grizzly(m): 12:52pm On Feb 25, 2009
Na today champions league start.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by switch47(m): 5:30pm On Feb 25, 2009
CHELSEA IS GOING OUT OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!! CHELSEA WILL BE HUMILIATED OPUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BY JUVENTUS------------THERE MAY BE NO NEED FOR SECOND LEG
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by Grizzly(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2009
You are such a loud gay
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by switch47(m): 6:30pm On Feb 25, 2009
chelsea is doomed to lose to juventus

[b]CHELSEA IS GOING OUT OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!   CHELSEA WILL BE HUMILIATED OPUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BY JUVENTUS------------THERE MAY BE NO NEED FOR SECOND LEG[/b] DO NOT BE DECIEVED BY THE villa win----------[b]juventus will murder chelsea in cold blood[/b] CHELSEA WILL BE killed and destroyed!! they will be wasted!! grin

Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by infomegaly(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2009
chelsea will lose. that is for sure.
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by superstan(m): 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2009
come on chelsea!
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by Grizzly(m): 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2009
Go-go-go-go-aaaal!!
Re: UCL: Chelsea(1) Vs Juventus(0) On Wednesday 25th February by bigfather(m): 10:39pm On Feb 25, 2009
switch47:

chelsea is doomed to lose to juventus

[b]CHELSEA IS GOING OUT OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!! CHELSEA WILL BE HUMILIATED OPUT OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BY JUVENTUS------------THERE MAY BE NO NEED FOR SECOND LEG[/b] DO NOT BE DECIEVED BY THE villa win----------[b]juventus will murder chelsea in cold blood[/b] CHELSEA WILL BE killed and destroyed!! they will be wasted!! grin

SHAME TO BAD PEOPLE ! tongue

BLUES FOR LIFE , WE HAVE SHAMED OUR ENEMIES ! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Valencia Vs Barcelona [0 - 1] On 2nd March 2011 / Checkout Man United New Jersey For 2014/2015 Season / FA Cup: Chelsea vs Stoke City [2 - 0] on Sunday, March 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.