Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators (17260 Views)

Governor Simon Lalong Holds Peace Meeting With Leaders Of Communities In Jos. / Buhari Arrives Gambia For Peace Talks With Jammeh (Photos) / Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators- PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by ibkgab001: 7:34am On Jun 15, 2015
Saraki get kakaaki to Faafaki any senators
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by bdbest2(m): 7:35am On Jun 15, 2015
Best move.

For ur OTG Flash Drive: plz check my Signature.

U can also place an order thru any of the following online site:
Konga:
http:///brirold/
Kaymu:
http://www.kaymu.com.ng/seller/brirold/

Thanks.

Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by vikel2104: 7:35am On Jun 15, 2015
Good for them
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by petux(m): 7:36am On Jun 15, 2015
na in know... I wake up today lasan #Godwin
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by chesterlee(m): 7:37am On Jun 15, 2015
Good for them.... The don't have a choice but to reconcile. As for me, I'm just happy that Ekweremadu clinched the DSP spot!
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by frankyychiji(f): 7:43am On Jun 15, 2015
modath:

Bwaaahhhaahha... You wish!!! grin

So you people actually believed the lies your senior goats have been spewing? cheesy

Why didn't they try it, if they were so sure it could be stood....

They knew better than to push their luck beyond the DSP, they would never use cobras as necklaces or ground pepper as face powder! wink
Lolzz... But they got a good deal at the end of the day. A large chunk of your hard earned victory! grin
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by shaddoww: 7:52am On Jun 15, 2015
Make PMB just appoint his chief of staff and SGF dis week atleast so dat people can have something new to discuss and den mayb on Friday he can just send d confab report to d senate by Friday den dey too will have sometin on their hands n Saraki will now have to prove he wannted d senate presidency to truly serve d people. I think dat will b a good startup.
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2015
Like minds group grin

What if it's pdp leadership they are meeting??

Because if kwakwaso, atiku, and co. Decides to form a new pdp. The old pdp will join them

Gibberish
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2015
Like minds group grin

Because if kwakwaso, atiku, and co. Decides to form a new pdp. The old pdp will join them

Gibberish grin
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by martineverest(m): 8:14am On Jun 15, 2015
Good move from apc......i see apc uniting to impeach senator ikweremandu,since the people dat voted him is not up to half of d house.....as for saraki,his political career is going down d drain and he knows dat.dats y he s asking for reconciliation(he has no other choice.if he goes back to pdp.he ll be dead politically and remaining in apc ll create hatred amongst his colleague.thereby hindering his political ambition in d nearest future,esp coming back as senate president after 2019 election).

I gues tinubu has learnt a lesson of allowing others to make decision rada dan imposition of candidate
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by omojeesu(m): 8:41am On Jun 15, 2015
He has no choice!
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by martineverest(m): 8:45am On Jun 15, 2015
Funny enoff,they ll never leave apc,cos dey know d implication of re-decamping in the north......take a cue from shekarau,ribadu,ffk and ikhmi;those dat failed to decamp from pdp to apc( such as aliyu babangida nd lamido)
Jeffboi:
Like minds group grin

Gibberish grin
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by fujirice: 8:47am On Jun 15, 2015
softvio:
Thats a welcome call for the growth of our democracy.. Saraki keep it on
. #VIO
They don't have the required majority to do so.
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by softvio(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
Which peace meeting is Saraki calling,when he is the mastermind of the whole shenanigan in the senate. Is that meant to hoodwink the party leadership to let him off his quite abominable treachery against the party he rode at it's back to become a senator. It is yet to be seen how effectively he will handle the knock on effective his sins will have on his new role.

Irrespective of the peace talk, Saraki's disloyalty will hunt his political ambition in the future. It will be difficult for him to get into any position bigger than that of a a senate president. Nobody will ever trust him again. If he has done this anticipating that he would become Nigeria's president in the future, he should forget it. His character will be very very difficult to sell to a good number of Nigerians unless he waits for a time when the kids of today grow up to voting age - again who says their parents won't tell them the character of the man named 'Saraki'. A man that sold his father because of political power, a man that sided with his political enemies just to achieve Senate Presidency. I have nothing against what happened in the House of Representatives -afterall election was duely held with all members in attendance without any offer of unholy alliance with the opposition unlike what Saraki did in the Senate.

A Yoruba adage thus says "ma se te kokoro mole, kokoro ti iwo ko le da, Olorun lo le da.....Ohun ti a ko ba jiya fun kii tojo, , ohun ti a ba fara sise fun sebi ohun lomape lowo eni  ".

A word they say is enough for the Wise. I rest my case.

lolz Tinubu boy! Are u that pained? Sorry take heart..ma go buy hanky before u start tu cry
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by softvio(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2015
fujirice:

They don't have the required majority to do so.

before the election, the odds were agnst Lawan.. Cus APC gt 59 senators..PDP gt 49 senators.. 10 APC senators were with Saraki... So even if they gat a full house Saraki wud have 59 votes atleast ,while Lawan wud have a maximum of 49 votes
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by dre11(m): 9:05am On Jun 15, 2015
However, The PUNCH learnt that the leadership of the APC had taken a position that the remaining seats in the House of Representatives like the Majority Leader, Chief Whip, Deputy Leader and Deputy Whip, were party seats.

Another top APC member said, “The party has come into these positions because they are party seats and the party reserves the power to share it to the zones.

Would their not be grievances again when zoning this post..... Because I don't understand the appetite of our lawmarkers to power and not service
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by Islie: 11:05am On Jun 15, 2015
What we hear is that, to calm nerves, Femi
Gbajabiamila(the defeated APC choice candidate for the House speakership) will be the majority leader, while a member from Kano State, Mr. Alhassan Ado-Doguwa, will be his deputy.

“Monguno will likely be the chief whip while Pally Iriase from Edo State, will deputise for him.”

But a former House spokesman and influential member of the 8th Assembly, Zakari Mohammed, said that replacing an elected presiding officer with another person was not possible.

APC and their sharing of political post
Re: Saraki Holds Peace Talks With Aggrieved Senators by Volksfuhrer(m): 11:35am On Jun 15, 2015
kemibenji:
Welcome to Nigeria politic where scheming is the rule of the game. No morality in Nigerian politic.

The reason is because a big chunk of our population is morally depraved. Take no offence, that's just the truth.

(1) (2) (Reply)

$7billion: I Won’t Apologise To Soludo – Falana / "APC Will Rule Nigeria Forever" — Mama Taraba / ‘APC Didn’t Win Presidential Poll, It Was Stolen From Us’ — LP Replies Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.