Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

81st Oscar Award Winners - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 81st Oscar Award Winners (1137 Views)

The 88th Annual Academy (oscar) Award Winners / Photos / 12th Abuja International Film Festival Award Winners / 85th Academy Awards (OSCAR) Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

81st Oscar Award Winners by cabali(m): 7:25am On Feb 23, 2009
And the winners are

Best Motion Picture of the Year
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - Christian Colson

Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Winner: Sean Penn for Milk (2008/I)

Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Winner: Kate Winslet for The Reader (2008)

Best Achievement in Directing
Winner: Danny Boyle for Slumdog Millionaire (2008)

Best Foreign Language Film of the Year
Winner: Okuribito (2008)(Japan)

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Song
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - A.R. Rahman, Sampooran Singh Gulzar("Jai Ho"wink

Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - A.R. Rahman

Best Achievement in Editing
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - Chris Dickens

Best Achievement in Sound
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - Ian Tapp, Richard Pryke, Resul Pookutty

Best Achievement in Sound Editing
Winner: The Dark Knight (2008) - Richard King

Best Achievement in Visual Effects
Winner: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) - Eric Barba, Steve Preeg, Burt Dalton, Craig Barron

Best Documentary, Short Subjects
Winner: Smile Pinki (2008) - Megan Mylan

Best Documentary, Features
Winner: Man on Wire (2008) - James Marsh, Simon Chinn

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Winner: Heath Ledger for The Dark Knight (2008)

Best Short Film, Live Action
Winner: Spielzeugland (2007) - Jochen Alexander Freydank

Best Achievement in Cinematography
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - Anthony Dod Mantle

Best Achievement in Makeup
Winner: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) - Greg Cannom

Best Achievement in Costume Design
Winner: The Duchess (2008) - Michael O'Connor

Best Achievement in Art Direction
Winner: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008) - Donald Graham Burt, Victor J. Zolfo

Best Short Film, Animated
Winner: Maison en petits cubes, La (2008) - Kunio Katô

Best Animated Feature Film of the Year
Winner: WALL·E (2008) - Andrew Stanton

Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material Previously Produced or Published
Winner: Slumdog Millionaire (2008) - Simon Beaufoy

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
Winner: Milk (2008/I) - Dustin Lance Black

Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role
Winner: Penélope Cruz for Vicky Cristina Barcelona (2008)
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by cabali(m): 7:29am On Feb 23, 2009
For those who thought Brad and Jolie will get it, what were y'all thinking?

Anyway like I predicted, slumdog will have a sweep and they did. 8 Oscars for the slumdog and deservedly so.

Now discuss. . . . . . .
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by justkunmi(m): 9:24am On Feb 23, 2009
Not surprised the Slumdogs went home with a basket full of oscars, .well deserved.
My biggest surprise was Brad not winning. I really thought he woulda won. TCCOBB was a killer!. .but its the oscars. And Sean winning has just sealed my belief bout the oscars. . .-act out a true story convincingly, and you get an oscar. Jaime Foxx, Jaouquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon, now Sean Penn. There are plenty others I cant remember now.
But Milk wasnt bad. Saw it 3days ago. Twas very convincing. Nice.

And I'm so happy for Kate Winslet. I never wanted Jolie to win anyway.
and nice Heath Ledger was rememberd.

Twas a nice awards show., at least with the winners. twas waaaay better than last year's. The awards were deserving this time around.

But I prefered Kung-Fu Panda, WALL-E was ,
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by justkunmi(m): 9:25am On Feb 23, 2009
Not surprised the Slumdogs went home with a basket full of oscars, .well deserved.
My biggest surprise was Brad not winning. I really thought he woulda won. TCCOBB was a killer!. .but its the oscars. And Sean winning has just sealed my belief bout the oscars. . .-act out a true story convincingly, and you get an oscar. Jaime Foxx, Jaouquin Phoenix and Reese Witherspoon, now Sean Penn. There are plenty others I cant remember now.
But Milk wasnt bad. Saw it 3days ago. Twas very convincing. Nice.

And I'm so happy for Kate Winslet. I never wanted Jolie to win anyway.
and nice Heath Ledger was rememberd.

Twas a nice awards show., at least with the winners. twas waaaay better than last year's. The awards were deserving this time around.

But I prefered Kung-Fu Panda, WALL-E was ,
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by spikedcylinder: 10:54am On Feb 23, 2009
I'm tired of Kate Winslet winning every darn thing already.

I need to see Doubt.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by justkunmi(m): 11:52am On Feb 23, 2009
At least i prefered her winning instead of Jolie, or would you rather Jolie won? Tried watching the Changeling movie she got nominated for, didnt like the beginning much, so suspended the movie. You seen it?

Wat ya think of Penelope winning?
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by spikedcylinder: 1:43pm On Feb 23, 2009
justkunmi:

At least i prefered her winning instead of Jolie, or would you rather Jolie won? Tried watching the Changeling movie she got nominated for, didnt like the beginning much, so suspended the movie. You seen it?

Wat ya think of Penelope winning?

I haven't seen changeling but Kate has too many awards jor. I'd have preferred if Meryl Streep won it, though I haven't seen doubt either.

I was really really really happy Penelope won. I've been rooting for her since the Golden Globes. grin grin
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by kadman(m): 5:38pm On Feb 23, 2009
LAST NIGHT WAS GREAT ! - I love the Oscars,but people I root for never seem to win ( except Nicole Kidman in 2003 ),but last night was a dream. 3 of my people. I've been so pissed Sean Penn wasn't winning any awards and was glad he won. Same for Penelope Cruz,she hadn't been winning anything this season,so  I was thrilled when she won Supporting Actress. Then the mighty Kate Winselt ! ! !,she deserves every single awards she's won for that role,when I saw The Reader ending of last year I just knew this was her year and I don't even like her that much. Although i was getting a bit scared,I felt there was going to be some sort of Oscar backlash. And Melissa Leo's performance in Forzen River was getting rave fews ( I've seen a few clips and if it wasn't Kate's year she would have def had a chance )
I don't think Heath Ledger deserved that award,if the man hadn't died he wouldn't be getting any. And was annoyed to see Beyonce performing. I've given up my radio and stopped listening to MTV for a while to avoid that heifer.
It was also great to see people I love who never seem to be at the Oscars - Aniston, SJP & Daniel Craig.
. . . And also love the looks on Brad & Jolie's face when they keep losing every award they've been nominated for this season. Jolie tries to keep her game face on and and smile like nothings up,but you know she wakes up at night screaming Kate! Kate! Damn you Kate!"
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by Treetop20(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2009
i think Kate deserves her win
she was brilliant in the reader
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by Nobody: 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2009
kadman:

. . . And also love the looks on Brad & Jolie's face when they keep losing every award they've been nominated for this season. Jolie tries to keep her game face and and smile like nothings up,but you know she wakes up at night screaming Kate! Kate! Damn you Kate!"

Who wouldn't? cheesy
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by spikedcylinder: 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2009
That yeye Frozen River was boooooring!!!! I never finished watching.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by kadman(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2009
spikedcylinder:

That yeye Frozen River was boooooring!!!! I never finished watching.

The best performances are ones in "boring" films with no gimmicks,where only really good acting can keep the movie floating.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by RichyBlacK(m): 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2009
Slumdog!!!

It is written!
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by StFunmi(f): 8:15pm On Feb 23, 2009
They didn't give any award to Jide Kosoko?. I smell tribalism and racism here.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by kay9(m): 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2009
St.Funmi:

They didn't give any award to Jide Kosoko?. I smell tribalism and racism here.

I concur!! grin
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by MrCrackles(m): 11:58pm On Feb 23, 2009
I heard Jim Iyke and Ini Slut-DO were crying!
Why?
Because they didnt get an OSCAR!!
Is this true?
shocked shocked
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by justkunmi(m): 2:40am On Feb 24, 2009
I really need to see all these Oscar movies. I've only seen Slumdog, TCCOBB, and Milk, and ofcourse TDK. Have to see the Reader and the others, Especially that Penelope movie.

Lmao at Jolie and Brad. keeping their game faces on. I never really thought Jolie woulda won anything. She was just to fill up space. The movie sef was not all that. Only Brad should be annoyed. But I guess the gay activists are already in the Academy!, lol.

Did Seven Pounds even get a nomination? So lmao at Will Smith. One idiot in one of 'em review sites was rating the movie 'Oscar worthy', Nice movie sha o.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by spikedcylinder: 7:48am On Feb 24, 2009
kadman:

The best performances are ones in "boring" films with no gimmicks,where only really good acting can keep the movie floating.

I get Oscar worthy movies, no need to explain to me. But this one was boring and the "good acting", unfortunately did not carry it through, for me anyways. smiley
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 24, 2009
Angelina Jolie in Changeling (top) and Kate Winslet in The Reader were the big favorites. i thought Angelina should have won it, but hey, who am i to discuss their choices. Mickey Rourke was great in the Wrestler and i thought he was going all the way. couldn't watch more than 10mins of MILK, by the time they started kissing, i thought it was gonna be another BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN and changed movies.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by cabali(m): 10:52pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ Justkunmi

You got the words fromoff my lips.

I woulda been greatly saddened if Jolie won it! It woulda been disastrous. Kate deserved it. Her acting was fluid.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by StFunmi(f): 2:14am On Feb 25, 2009
I heard Jim Iyke and Ini Slut-DO were crying!
Why?
Because they didnt get an OSCAR!!
Is this true?

Jim iyk was crying because Paris Hilton wouldn't allow him sleep with her that night.
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by kadman(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2009
St.Funmi:

Jim iyk was crying because Paris Hilton wouldn't allow him sleep with her that night.

Ha Ha ! Why the hell wouldn't she allow him sleep with her,she's open to everyone else. Jim if you like you self double the condom
Re: 81st Oscar Award Winners by cabali(m): 8:12pm On Feb 25, 2009
Even as bad and easy as she is, jim aint her 'taste'

(1) (Reply)

“tango With Me” Starring Genevieve Nnaji Set To Premiere This Sunday. [trailer] / Who Is Your Best Family In The Multina Dance All Season 6 / Nollywood Movies Promote Superstition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.