Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Accidental Victim - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200527 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by hfinest1(m): 6:18am On Jul 09, 2015
*click on merikims profile to view her pics* chain did chick package o... that's by the way sha.... iono why my hands just keep clicking on her profile... seems its reflex....

so, dioxidane when are u updatingundecided
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 09, 2015
Dioxidane:
Hello guys, ladies... I'm so sorry for my going AWOL. I actually went for a project in a village in Delta State and I was unable to access the internet. Never knew such places still existed in Nigeria. Just came to town now and realized I have lots of reading/catching up to do. Would post updates most likely by the end of the week. Make una no vex abeg...

Dioxidane
oya run shap shap no time wasting angry tongue
Re: Accidental Victim by lumzybo: 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2015
Catalyst4real:
Check out a shared experience
[Eroti¢] My Boss asked me to get her pregnant
http://catalyst4real.com/my-boss-asked-me-to-get-her-pregnant/

guy, how come u don't post this poo on ur thread undecided. U just go abt messing other pple's thread up . Ain't happy with that u knw. sad
Re: Accidental Victim by youngzeal1: 1:17am On Jul 10, 2015
Not bad... Ritababe eh...
Re: Accidental Victim by happney65: 2:25am On Jul 10, 2015
lumzybo:

guy, how come u don't post this poo on ur thread undecided. U just go abt messing other pple's thread up . Ain't happy with that u knw. sad

Dont mind him.he is an idiot..Spamming the whole thread all about..Shey na by force nii?
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 6:32am On Jul 10, 2015
youngzeal1:
Not bad... Ritababe eh...
ow far
Re: Accidental Victim by youngzeal1: 3:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
ritababe:

ow far
am good n u
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
youngzeal1:
am good n u
guider
Re: Accidental Victim by Tattooboy: 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
lumzybo:

pls tell him
Re: Accidental Victim by Tattooboy: 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
ritababe:

guider
i'm following you. watch out
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 8:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chapter Seven

By midnight in the Lagos state command of the SSS, everywhere was cool and relatively quiet. The technicians had swarmed all evening in the situation room, running phone lines, tracing calls, banging on computer keyboards, analyzing data and connecting dots on maps. Some agents had already scoured the blast site for clues as to the type of explosives used and the mode of operation of the terrorists. Everyone was now tired, but none of them could go home.

There were several agents sprawled in the leather chairs in the situation room. Even Col. Coker still sat there worried. As the DG of the State Security Service in the country, he couldn't leave. This was not just because of his relationship with Funmi. The issue had left the realms of ordinary kidnap, to an issue of national security. If Col. Coker was worried, then everyone in the office was worried, and they were going to stay worried until she was found, safe and sound. So they all sat there. Quiet, worried, and waiting.

Some hours earlier, they had listened to a voice over the phone, claiming to be responsible for the bomb blast at the bus park. The voice threatened to orchestrate more blasts at other locations if his first demand was not met, and attempts to trace the location of the call proved abortive.

Col. Coker had already informed the Presidency of what was happening. He didn't have a choice. He had other plans in mind, but he knew the President needed to briefed since the situation had escalated beyond controllable proportions. If speaking with the President could prevent another spate of attacks, then they were going to speak with the president.

The SSS were in possession of a voice mimic device which synthesizes the voice of any individual on file and allows it's user to speak as that person. The device basically analyzes the voice print of the individual and stores it on it's database, and when in use, someone else could speak and the sound heard would have the same voice print of the original individual. The agency knew the dire implications if this device was used without authorization, hence the only person authorized to approve the use of the device was the Director General himself, and this was only in strictly exigent circumstances.

Col. Coker knew this was a situation requiring immediate action, and it would not be convenient for the President to have a conversation with a terrorist, so he ordered the use of the device.

The device had already been set up, and he was prepped to speak with the terrorists as the President but they had not called yet. They had all been waiting in the situation rooming, but no call came through. Col. Coker sat in the chair watching the clock. He was quiet, worried, nervous and waiting for the call to come through...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by Mc6xty(m): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
Tnx 4 d update but we still need more
Re: Accidental Victim by endowednicky(f): 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nicky was here
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2015
Contd.

About one thousand two hundred and fifty kilometers away, Funmi's head was on Damien's chest as both of them laid on the ground in their modified room.

Damien was on his back, staring at the wooden ceiling board, counting numbers in his head and listening to the changes in the vibration of the engine beneath him, trying to decipher the motion and speed of the vehicle.

He had been counting from 1000 backwards and he was already at 69 and still counting. He tried thinking about something else he could do to task his brain. He made a mental note to recite all the countries of the world alphabetically, which he had learnt while in secondary school.

Damien and Funmi felt the lurch as the trailer suddenly pulled to the right, off the smooth highway, and they felt the tires grabbing at the pavement as the trailer hauled around a tight right. Then there was a confusing blur of turns, brakes and increased acceleration.

They were now fully awake and they sat up. The trailer cruised down on slowly on winding roads, rough roads, potholes and twigs of branches on the road. It later slowed almost to a stop, turned a tight right while shuddering them from side to side. It felt like they were very close to their destination.

The trailer later move up over a hilly road and leveled out. It then rolled forward another few yards, stopped and the engine noise finally died. It was replaced by an
eerie silence.

Striker, the Leader and the Lady heaved a sigh of relieve as they finally got to their destination.

Damien tried to listen if he could hear anything, but he heard nothing. Everywhere was frighteningly silent.

Suddenly, Striker, the Leader and the Lady got out. Damien clearly heard their doors open, like he was with them outside. Their doors slammed with enormously loud metallic clangs in the stillness. He heard them come around to the back of the trailer. He could hear the sound of the keys swinging gently as it was slid into the lock. The lock clicked back, the handle turned and the door swung open.

Striker pulled back the door and propped back the metal contraption used in holding the entrance to the wooden room in the trailer. He put it away and gestured them out with his Glock.

Damien walked down the steps of the trailer and he helped Funmi down the steps. They stood together, looking out and around. They realized everywhere was already dark. Funmi held his arm with obvious fear in her eyes.

They were in a forest clearing surrounded by wooded slopes and jagged hills. Damien could perceive the fresh smell of wood. It was a strong smell. Clean and fresh, and there were huge trees all around them.

Damien could see faint black outlines of buildings off to his right. They were long, low huts. They looked like wooden structures, crouching in the dark.

There were some persons clustered in groups standing among the nearest trees. Damien could see their vague shapes. Most of them wore a headdress consisting of a long piece of cloth wound directly around their head like a turban.

There were more than seventy people just standing there silently watching. Some of them were holding weapons. Damien could see rifles and machine guns slung casually over their shoulders.

Suddenly a cluster of men parted and a huge, fully bearded man in olive fatigues with a machine slung around his shoulder walked towards the Leader. He spread out his arms towards him and yelled into the silence, 'Sannu dai zua!'

T.B.C

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
1st to comment cheesy
Re: Accidental Victim by etiosapeacepe(m): 10:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
choi boko tins 4 d couple... i grit u wolesoyinkally oga bomb.
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2015
Guys, ladies, comments/constructive criticisms/ideas would be highly appreciated...
Re: Accidental Victim by horlabiyi(m): 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
Thanks for the update bro. We're expecting more soon (Y)
Re: Accidental Victim by Galacious1: 11:04pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dioxidane:
Guys, ladies, comments/constructive criticisms/ideas would be highly appreciated...
u'r galaciously good.
Re: Accidental Victim by youngzeal1: 11:57pm On Jul 10, 2015
Good one bro.. Bt i wnt some more... @ritababe its d rain no allow u talk 2day... Dont catch cold o
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 12:03am On Jul 11, 2015
youngzeal1:
Good one bro.. Bt i wnt some more... @ritababe its d rain no allow u talk 2day... Dont catch cold o

cold for were
Re: Accidental Victim by youngzeal1: 12:07am On Jul 11, 2015
ritababe:

cold for were
rain no dey fall 4 ur side?
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 3:23am On Jul 11, 2015
youngzeal1:
rain no dey fall 4 ur side?

yeah
Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 7:18am On Jul 11, 2015
I just love the way you describe d scenes. Nice one indeed.
Re: Accidental Victim by whao: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2015
Brilliant write up. Imagine I dedicated 2hours straight to read the story.

Keep it up and update ASAP
Re: Accidental Victim by youngzeal1: 3:43pm On Jul 11, 2015
ritababe:

yeah
.. Ok kool... Hw is ur weekend going?
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 4:40pm On Jul 11, 2015
youngzeal1:
.. Ok kool... Hw is ur weekend going?

boring
Re: Accidental Victim by cherrybrown(f): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2015
Nice one
Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2015
Them dey north grin

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 9:27pm On Jul 11, 2015
Contd.

Suddenly a cluster of men parted and a huge, fully bearded man in olive fatigues with a machine slung around his shoulder walked towards the Leader. He spread out his arms and yelled into the silence, 'Sannu dai zua!'

The Leader took some steps toward him and they embraced. 'I heard you had some complications on your way', the bearded man said with a strong northern accent as he broke away from the Leader.

'Yeah, it was just a minor complication, but we were able to handle it', the Leader replied.

'That's good', the bearded man said while nodding his head. He turned towards Funmi and Damien. Dread was written all over her face.

'My name is Nasir Al-Zawari', the bearded man said while walking towards them, 'they call me Zaw. You might have heard about me, but if not, you would get first hand knowledge here. I assure you no harm would come upon you if our demands are met, but if not, I'm sorry I would be left with no other choice. Do you understand?'

Damien and Funmi didn't utter a word. They just continued staring at him.

'Do you understand?!', Zaw screamed at them.

'Yes sir', they chorused while nodding their head.

Zaw signaled two of his lieutenants, and he gave them orders to take them away. 'You can go and rest now my friend. Tomorrow, you would get your money before you leave', he said to the Leader.

While they were being taken away, Damien recalled all he had read and watched on the television concerning the Taliban group and he realized he had just met the leader of the most dreaded terrorist group in the country.

Nasir Al-Zawari aka 'Zaw', was the leader of the Taliban movement in the country. They emerged as a resistance to western education and western ideologies in the country. They had taken responsibility for the various bomb blasts in different locations in the country. They take pride in their various infiltration mechanisms, making it impossible for them to be detected before carrying out their various terrorist acts.

In recent times, the government of the country, through the military, had taken them head-on which had led to the incarceration of many of the Taliban members and the dwindling of their numbers. They had to push deeper into the forest and lay low for a while.

But now, 'Zaw' was prepared. The military had fought him hard, and they won the battle. He was now prepared to fight them smart, with the confidence that he would win the war....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Sanu Dai Zua, makai just close my mouth..

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.