Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Accidental Victim - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200751 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by bustageek: 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2015
tongue

Re: Accidental Victim by youngzeal1: 10:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
ritababe:
boring
same here ooo... Try and do sometin fun 2moro na
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
youngzeal1:

church ns
Re: Accidental Victim by ritababe(f): 11:01pm On Jul 11, 2015
youngzeal1:

church tns
Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2015
weldone mr dioxidane bt the update no do me o
Re: Accidental Victim by lekinz(m): 5:36am On Jul 12, 2015
Nice update bro, buh that was short cry cry

Re: Accidental Victim by horlabiyi(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2015
Taliban? Wow there's more to this story. Fire on bro (y)

Re: Accidental Victim by Galacious1: 10:19am On Jul 12, 2015
Posting frm church. God bless u op

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by cherrybrown(f): 11:44am On Jul 12, 2015
Happy sunday to everyone here
Re: Accidental Victim by katoto: 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
This story has a lot of twists.Never expected it will take this turn.Good work dioxidane.A suspenseful tale.
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2015
Chapter Eight

Damien couldn't see anyone because he was locked in a prison in the Taliban camp. He and Funmi had been pulled and dragged across the clearing into the trees in the forest through some men who were hissing and jeering at them.

They walked some miles through the forest and passed beside what looked like a mini camp with small huts built with clay. Damien looked through the corner of his eyes and saw some scared looking young women and children staring at them. There was fear in their eyes. They passed by the huts and passed by some group of women cooking. They all stopped what they were doing and stared at Damien and Funmi as they were dragged by the men.

The men didn't talk to either them or those staring at them. They just continued marching them on. They finally go to a long row of huts built with clay and reinforced with iron rods.

There were men each posted as sentry in front of each hut. Immediately they approached, one of the men opened one of the iron gates and pushed Damien in. He crawled up and heard the doors slammed and the keys turning loudly behind him. The men continued forward and put Funmi in another hut.

Damien tried looking around his new accommodation, but visibility was low. There were no windows in the prison and the ground was floored with cement. The prison was hot because of limited ventilation. The only source of ventilation into the prison was the space beneath the iron doors and the space between the roofing sheets and the top of the walls.

Damien sat on the mat and placed his head between his legs. So many thoughts were running through his head for several minutes.

'How the hell am I going to escape from this place?'

'Would I even survive this ordeal?'

'What are they planning on doing with us?'

'Is anyone even aware of what is happening?'

But that was the least of his worries because he was hungry. Very hungry. The last time he ate was some hours ago. He tried swallowing his saliva, but even that had been exhausted. His throat was very dry.

He was on the verge of collapsing when he suddenly heard some voices outside the door. They were speaking a language he didn't fully understand, but one word which he heard and knew what it meant was, 'Abinchi'. From the time he spent in the northern part of the country during his youth service days, he knew 'Abinchi' meant food.

He knew this meant food was around. But whether this food was meant for him or for the guards posted outside the prison was what he didn't know.

He didn't have to wait for much longer to find out because some moments later, the iron door was opened and a young man with light beards and a turban around his head walked in with a tray in his hand...

Re: Accidental Victim by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
grin MORE!!!!!
Re: Accidental Victim by Geoxpress(m): 9:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
They both died... Hope ayaf done a lot of good? Cus una dy waste data so.

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
Contd.

He didn't have to wait for much longer to find out because some moments later, the iron door was opened and a young man with light beards and a turban around his head walked in with a tray in his hand.

The man walked towards where Damien sat, bent down and dropped the tray in front of him. Damien watched him carefully and was trying to study his facial expressions. The man looked like he wanted to tell Damien something.

The man looked backwards toward the iron gate and looked back at Damien. He then whispered, 'what is your name?', in a strong northern accent. 'My name is Damien Abbah', Damien replied. 'How come they brought you with her? She was supposed to be brought alone', he whispered again.

'I was mistakenly kidnapped with her.'

'Is anyone aware you are missing now?', he asked again. 'I have no idea', Damien replied. 'Don't worry I'll get the word out', the man said.

'How are you going to do that? Who are you?', Damien whispered.

'My name is Mustapha Danladi. I'm a CID officer in the Police force. I'm presently undercover', the man replied.

Damien's eyes brightened up. There was hope after all. 'How long have you been here?', he asked again. 'I been here for almost five months now', Mustapha replied.

'I heard there was no network here. How do you get word out?', Damien asked. Mustapha was about responding when they heard a bang on the door. They were both startled.

'Mene ne yake faruwa?', a voice asked. 'Ina zua yanzu', Mustapha replied.

'I'll be back tomorrow', Mustapha said to Damien. He got up and walked towards the door and knocked. The door opened and he walked out.

Damien heard Mustapha speaking with the men outside and after a while there was silence.

Mustapha Danladi was a Police Officer under the Criminal Investigation Department in the state. Being a young man and very ambitious, he sought to eradicate crime in every way he could. Several months earlier, he had infiltrated the Taliban group with the aim of disbanding them from within. He went under very deep cover and very few people knew his present mission. Everyone thought he went on a long holiday.

He had gradually risen up the ranks in the group, due to the military attacks against them which had cut down their numbers. He usually communicated details of the operations of the Taliban group to his handler via an encrypted Satellite phone which he hid beneath a tree deep in the forest and these had led to some of their attacks being foiled.

Mustapha left the men outside the prison and crouched behind the hut to look around if anyone was watching him. He was satisfied no one was watching and he crept silently into the forest. He walked silently in the dark, counting trees and noting marks he had previously made. He stopped a few times, crouched below some shrubs and looked around to see if anyone was watching or following him.

He was satisfied no one was, and he continued his walk. He walked a few minutes and got the tree. He looked back to see if anyone was following him. There was no one. He then bent down and moved the dry leaves he used in covering the small box containing the device.

He opened the box, connected the device to the phone and pressed a button. He waited for several seconds before he heard a voice.

"Hello... What do you have?"

"Two persons were brought in today. A male, Damien Abbah and a female, Funmi Coker."

"Come again?"

"Two persons, Damien Abbah and Funmi Coker were brought in today."

"Did you say Funmi Coker?"

"Yes sir."

"Jeez..."

"Anything sir? What about her?"

"Just know that she's a big deal. Nothing must happen to her. Ok?"

"Yes sir. What about the male, Damien Abbah?"

"Damien Abbah? Never heard of him. Would check around."

"Ok sir."

"Be careful."

"Bye sir."

Mustapha clicked off the phone and looked around. He didn't see anything suspicious. He put the device back into the box. He covered the box back with the dry leaves, got up and walked through the trees cautiously.

After walking several minutes, he got to the camp and went to the kitchen. He was hungry because he had not had dinner. He sat at a table after asking one of the women to get him some food.

He had just began eating when two of Zaw's lieutenants walked up to the table and stood before him. 'Zaw want to see you now', one of them said. 'I'll go to him when I'm through', Mustapha replied. 'He said now!, the second lieutenant said. Mustapha looked up at them and was shocked. He washed his hands, got up, and went with them...

T.B.C

Hey folks! Thanks for reading. Please na, you guys shouldn't just read and go. Click 'like'/'share', or drop-a-line in comments. I'll also appreciate corrections and suggestions. Lemme know any part you didn't like, and if you did, I'll still love to know.
Goodnight guys, ladies...

122 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by manutdadex(m): 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
op.. i dey feel u…
Re: Accidental Victim by labaski(f): 10:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
I hope say dem no catch mustapha o. weldone Dioxidane
Re: Accidental Victim by zimoni(f): 11:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ina Zua Yanzu

You are doing a good jon Bro. I dey gbadun the tory bambam.

Still, I follow patiently.
Re: Accidental Victim by Cannonleo(m): 12:40am On Jul 13, 2015
nastyd:

u well at all, e be like say u need glasses ,what I can see are well rounded magical butts u have labaski forget this my guys abeg.u garrit and it is outstanding whey u know say snoop talk say u have a bright future behind u
Re: Accidental Victim by Cannonleo(m): 12:48am On Jul 13, 2015
Dioxidane:

Bro, sorry this is coming late... I'm really NOT an expert in Glocks or guns in particular, but I have a friend who is a soldier and he's my kinda consultant all things weapons. I was made to understand that Glock 18 comes with semi-automatic and fully automatic 'mode'. So my description earlier was actually correct. Maybe this article would help...
www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/detail.asp?smallarms_id=495

I still stand to be corrected though smiley ...
u were definitely correct Dane, would have been incorrect if u mentioned the same configuration for a berreta 9mm machine pistol or a gshk ,also apart from the glock ,FN-SCAR bullprop also has the same firing modes so fire on my bros
Re: Accidental Victim by Cannonleo(m): 12:56am On Jul 13, 2015
hfinest1:
bro... u no lie.. na real coke bottle mehn.... sh*t, that's one hot sexy gorgeous pose*smacking my lips*
guy I swear she gat style but emmm did anyone notice the glittering object enclosed on fourth finger of her left hand ehmmmm just curious *hope am wrong am not a party pooper grin
Re: Accidental Victim by nastyd(m): 1:36am On Jul 13, 2015
Big ups man..
i'm more of a Silent Reader...i rily dnt comment mch

Ur stories alwz making brain...
btw..i once saved ur number jst 2 c d face, on whatsapp, of d dude dat types dese wonderful stories...i deleted d number aftawards sha

kip it goin bruh

#Maximum #Rispekt!
Re: Accidental Victim by nastyd(m): 1:51am On Jul 13, 2015
Cannonleo:
u well at all, e be like say u need glasses ,what I can see are well rounded magical butts u have labaski forget this my guys abeg.u garrit and it is outstanding whey u know say snoop talk say u have a bright future behind u

Re: Accidental Victim by Cannonleo(m): 1:58am On Jul 13, 2015
[quote author=nastyd post=35797016][/quote]u want make I arrange otueke thunder land ontop yah head,if yes text thunder come to 4519 u sabi how much grin

Re: Accidental Victim by Jaglieski: 5:30am On Jul 13, 2015
Okay, holidays are over....M back Dioxidane well done.... *Searches for iceberylin*
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 5:53am On Jul 13, 2015
Contd.

He had just began eating when two of Zaw's lieutenants walked up to the table and stood before him. 'Zaw want to see you now', one of them said. 'I'll go to him when I'm through', Mustapha replied. 'He said now!, the second lieutenant said. Mustapha looked up at them and was shocked. He washed his hands, got up, and went with them.

On the way to the command center, Mustapha tried looking at the faces of the men sent to him, to decipher if anything was amiss. He knew Zaw never requested for anyone's presence in that manner except something was wrong. 'Or was something wrong? Have I been discovered?', he thought.

The men walking beside him had stern looking faces. None of them had facial expressions that betrayed their emotions. Mustapha had already began thinking of lies he would tell, question evasion tactics he learnt while at the police academy and ways he was going to endure torture.

He knew his mission was a very dangerous one. He was right in the camp of the Taliban group, the deadliest terrorist group in the country, and he had not yet been detected. 'Or have I been detected?', he thought. He touched the tip of his collar and confirmed that his cyanide pill was still in place.

He thrived on danger. The adrenaline rush was always there, and he was glad that all he was doing was for the good of the country. But one thing he knew he shouldn't have to endure was torture. He knew it was useless.

Al-Zawari was well known for torturing his captives till they had no choice but to divulge vital information to him, after which he still killed them. Mustapha was determined not to let it get to that point, hence the cyanide pill he kept hidden in a hole in the tip of his collar for easy accessibility.

After walking for some minutes, Mustapha and the two lieutenants got to the entrance of the command center. The two men stayed outside, while Mustapha walked in.

The command center of the Talibans was powered by solar energy. Mustapha walked in and saw different clusters of men. Some of the men were banging on keyboards of laptops with complicated looking connections, some were receiving training on creating home made explosives devices, while some just hung around talking amongst themselves.

'As-salamu alaykum', he said as he looked around trying to scan the faces of the men close to the door. 'Wa Alaikum Salaam', some of the men replied. Their faces didn't betray any emotion. They all just continued what they were doing.

Mustapha walked towards the door that led to Al-Zawari's office. He was stopped by two guards. One of them went in and informed Al-Zawari of his presence. Some seconds later, he came back and gestured Mustapha in with his rifle.

'As-salamu alaykum', Mustapha said as he walked into the office. 'Wa Alaikum Salaam', Al-Zawari replied from behind his desk.

Mustapha looked around the well lit office and saw things he had seen several times since he got into the Taliban camp. There was a laptop on the metallic desk in front of Al-Zawari. He saw many books on a shelf at the corner of the office beside which there was a large map of the country. On other parts of the wall were dotted maps of some Northern states in the country. Mustapha knew that the maps represented places prone to attack by the Taliban group or places already attacked and captured.

'You sent for me sir', Mustapha spoke up as he realized Zaw was staring into his eyes. 'Where have you been?', Zaw asked while still staring into his eyes. 'Is he suspecting anything?', Mustapha thought.

'I was around in the camp. They found me in the kitchen eating', he replied. Zaw continued staring into Mustapha's eyes and when he noticed he didn't blink, Zaw looked towards the laptop in front of him.

'I have a task for you', Zaw said after several seconds. 'What is it, sir?', Mustapha asked.

'Take two boys from the computer unit. Go and set up the video transmission unit. Tomorrow morning In-sha Allah, we are making a video broadcast', Zaw replied.

Mustapha was stunned. 'What would the video be about sir?', he asked.

'Tomorrow, you will find out. You may go', Zaw replied.

Mustapha walked out of the office and was scared. The Video Transmission Unit, 'VTU' as was well known in the camp was obtained by Al-Zawiri recently. Mustapha had been among the three persons who were trained to use it. Two of those persons had been killed in the recent attacks, and Mustapha was the only one in the camp who knew how to set it up.

Al-Zawari had often boasted that the first time he would use the VTU would be for an execution, and now that he had requested for it's use, execution was definitely on his mind.

'But who was he going to execute?', Mustapha thought as he walked out of the office. He had no idea.

He walked to walked to the computer unit and asked two boys out of the men there to follow him. They got up and followed Mustapha out of the command unit. Mustapha explained what they were to do and said he would meet them in thirty minutes.

As he walked back to the kitchen to finish his meal, one thing was on Mustapha's mind: To find out what Al-Zawari was up to....

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 6:02am On Jul 13, 2015
nastyd:
Big ups man..
i'm more of a Silent Reader...i rily dnt comment mch

Ur stories alwz making brain...
btw..i once saved ur number jst 2 c d face, on whatsapp, of d dude dat types dese wonderful stories...i deleted d number aftawards sha

kip it goin bruh

#Maximum #Rispekt!
Lol... Funny @bolded... You wan see my worwor face...
Re: Accidental Victim by daholiest(m): 7:12am On Jul 13, 2015
Ride on bro, we dey ur back.
Re: Accidental Victim by papoose999(m): 7:14am On Jul 13, 2015
@op ur story write up is gud....followin
Re: Accidental Victim by horlabiyi(m): 7:46am On Jul 13, 2015
Thanks dioxodane , this is getting more intense please and please don't let it suffer updates as people can't wait to know the next thing that happened after every update. More ink to your pen. (Y)

Re: Accidental Victim by ZeusAlmighty(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2015
We dey your back...Dioxidane
Re: Accidental Victim by whao: 10:07am On Jul 13, 2015
My brother, if i tell you my heart is pounding you might thing am lying"""""""",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, seriously i pray is not what i am thinking that would happen to Mustapha, Demian and Funmi.

That is my problem with some Nigerian Securities, when it comes with lots of incentive you see them working very hard. Mustapha is under cover and with all the information given to his boss, he doesn't sent it but when he heard Funmi Coker is involve, he is ready to work just to be promoted.

Nor little wonder the chibok girls are still in sambisa forest cos' the government refused to motivate them. I pitty the ordinary Nigerians that are in such scenario with no body to help them, oooh you poor Demian, may God save and other victims.

#bringbackdemianandfunmi

Re: Accidental Victim by zimoni(f): 10:15am On Jul 13, 2015
The story is becoming more interesting.

Still, I follow patiently.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61