Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Accidental Victim - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Accidental Victim (200375 Views)

Fiction Story: Inheritance Is Accidental / Let The Thread Face The Cut! (between The Rapist And The Victim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accidental Victim by Hawlahscho(m): 9:39am On Aug 09, 2015
Onemansquad:
Caught red handed
Viewing this topic: EseBosun (f), zinylicious(f), [size=25pt]ykjnr(m)[/size], ishmorgium(m), almadebe(f), HisRoyalDopenes(m)

Kwat!!! Is that one a monikerundecided

Now I got itgrin

Y.K JUNIOR cool
Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 9:55am On Aug 09, 2015
Blood or Sweat!!!
#suspense

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by almadebe(f): 9:58am On Aug 09, 2015
Nice one Dioxidane. More ideas to your brain. Stiill I read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2015
almadebe:

guntranno:
Blood or Sweat!!!
#suspense

Bia, you gurls didn't go for service?? cheesy kiss
Re: Accidental Victim by stellytwinkle(f): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2015
Dioxidane:
cheesy Thanks dear
u're welcome dearie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by stellytwinkle(f): 11:18am On Aug 09, 2015
Onemansquad:
Taliban group in trouble
damien nd mustapha wil go bak to rescue funmi and the hostages and i see them ganging up to fight the taliban group including funmi
for your mind. U think say e easy.
Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 11:22am On Aug 09, 2015
Dioxidane:

With accidental victim? One can always be peeping for update during service

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 11:22am On Aug 09, 2015
Dioxidane:

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Onemansquad(m): 11:34am On Aug 09, 2015
stellytwinkle:
for your mind. U think say e easy.
not easy but u knw they are in danger if dy dnt fyt dy wil kill dem
*jst keep reading i bet u even funmi wil knw to use ak47 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by oghenekome51(f): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2015
Mr squad, u really dey dream! Lolzzz! I pity damien o but mustapha no knw who im follow dey do collaboration sha....

Am loving dis story, am loving dioxidane!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by oghenekome51(f): 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2015
faith2ogesco:
kome sylvia N***a shey na ur face be dis

bros biko, ow we take meet? Bsides wots wit 'kome sylvia N***?'
Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2015
oghenekome51:

coughs

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Olatife(f): 6:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
pls dis story needs more updates.
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 8:45pm On Aug 09, 2015
Contd.

Ophidiophobia. Damien was an ophidiophobe. He dreaded snakes. He was fazed! He froze on the spot. He watched with dread as a small rattle snake crawled on the palm he placed on a branch of the tree. He wanted to scream, but his voice was stuck.

He peeped and saw the leader of the group looking around. He looked back at his outstretched palm as the snake crawled on it gently and unperturbed. It was as if his palm was part of the bark of the tree.

He began sweating. The snake was taking ages to crawl away. He couldn't scream for fear of being noticed and eventually being caught. He had to be patient. He had to overcome his fear.

He remembered reading in the past that snakes are usually dangerous only when threatened. 'I'm not threatening you. Please just go in peace', he pleaded in his heart.

Then the snake paused. 'Please just continue moving', he pleaded silently. He was now sweating profusely, scared as hell. He didn't even notice when the other men came back to join the leader. He was watching the snake. Suddenly the snake turned to face him. He was shocked!

He abruptly lost his grip on the branch of the tree and went tumbling to the ground, his gun falling beside him.

Adrenaline coursed through his system. He didn't feel any pain as he fell. He didn't even think about it. He didn't think about the men either.

The snake. He had to get away from it. He impulsively picked up his gun and ran. Where he was running to, he had no idea. He just ran, tumbling through the bushes and shrubs.

The men had already left when they heard Damien fall. The leader stopped in his tracks and all his men stopped too. They turned and ran back.

Before they got there, Damien had already taken to his heels. They were in hot pursuit. The leader took an aim an fired, and the rest of the men shot sporadically in the direction they felt Damien ran.

Damien heard the shots and ducked as he ran. 'Shiiit', he muttered as he continued running. The men continued in pursuit while still firing wildly.

Damien knew he couldn't outrun them forever. They were diehards and he knew they would run to the ends of the earth till they caught him, or killed him unless he did something.

He knew he had an advantage over them. He was smarter, or so he thought. He just had to be smarter.

He ran faster and found a tree with a stem large enough to cover him, and he ducked behind it.

He looked behind through his night vision goggles and tried to analyze their exact positions, but the rays of their torches nearly blinded him. He looked away and took the goggles off.

He peeped again and quickly analyzed their formation. There were five torches, so there were definitely five men. Three ran ahead, while the remaining two ran some feet behind them. They were still running towards him.

He cocked his gun, took a deep breathe, and waited. The wait seemed to seemed to him like ages, but some seconds later, the men ran past him.

Immediately, he got up quietly, took an aim at their backs and fired.

Cliccck, clicccck, cliccck, were the sounds he heard. 'Fuuuck', he nearly screamed. His rifle jammed. It wouldn't fire. He quickly crouched and tried readjusting the magazine. But some moments later, he looked up and saw five beams of torches flashing on him...

T.B.C...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 8:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
almadebe:
Thanks, iAppreciate...

saxwizard:

coughs
Bros, you need codeine cough syrup?

Olatife:
pls dis story needs more updates.
Done!

Onemansquad:

not easy but u knw they are in danger if dy dnt fyt dy wil kill dem *jst keep reading i bet u even funmi wil knw to use ak47 cheesy
LolzzZ... Bros, walahi you funny...

guntranno:

cheesy cheesy

Missmossy:
That intriguing moment,Damien will surely survive. Thumbs up Dioxidane, more wisdom to you.

LolzzZ... How is he supposed to survive that? tongue
lumzybo:
@ dioxidane, why! Why! Why!!! That's a very wrong place to av stopped the update.
Haba!!! angry
grin No vex...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Missmossy(f): 9:00pm On Aug 09, 2015
That intriguing moment,Damien will surely survive. Thumbs up Dioxidane, more wisdom to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by lumzybo: 9:06pm On Aug 09, 2015
@ dioxidane, why! Why! Why!!! That's a very wrong place to av stopped the update.

Haba!!! angry

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Carinaflo(f): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2015
O Damien, O Damien, why did your gun jam. Hmmmm, you sure say your village witch no dey view you for 3D

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Onemansquad(m): 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2015
oghenekome51:
Mr squad, u really dey dream! Lolzzz! I pity damien o but mustapha no knw who im follow dey do collaboration sha....

u no knw say na conditions like dis dy turn novice to pro *ah wan kidnap u oo ,,hope u sabi use ak47??
Re: Accidental Victim by saxwizard(m): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2015
again. ..This suspense is killing oooo....pls let the nxt update b devoid of suspense oooo u wan kill person with heart attack ni?.........

still following. ...
episode wat are we?

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Orlolahdey(f): 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
Why!why!why!..d suspense is too much and killing..weldone boss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by zimoni(f): 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2015
Dioxidane Nooni.

You are doing a good job Bro.

Still, I read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by zinylicious(f): 4:22am On Aug 10, 2015
Wow, suspense filled. Great story @Dioxidane

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by aprilwise(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2015
Actor. No dey die for film

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by Danyyoung23: 12:28pm On Aug 10, 2015
I don't mind u employ me even if free to be updating always. I wnt more! I wnt more!! I wnt more!!!

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by djembadjemba: 1:29pm On Aug 10, 2015
angry This kind of suspense is illegal!

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by nceedaga(m): 2:00pm On Aug 10, 2015
someone pls give dioxidane a nobel prize.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by peacynelson(f): 6:45pm On Aug 10, 2015
I don't lyk dis suspense, it gives heart attack

1 Like

Re: Accidental Victim by HypePlusIQ(m): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2015
been so busy at ma studio drawing but this is something I really can't miss ..... nice work OP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Accidental Victim by Galacious1: 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2015
peacynelson:
I don't lyk dis suspense, it gives heart attack
biko take aspirin
Re: Accidental Victim by Dioxidane: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
Contd.

Cliccck, clicccck, cliccck, were the sounds he heard. 'Fuuuck', he nearly screamed. His rifle jammed. It wouldn't fire. He quickly crouched and tried readjusting the magazine. But some moments later, he looked up and saw five beams of torches flashing on him. 'Drop it!', the leader screamed down at him.

Damien was angry at himself. He had been too clumsy of late, and now he was going to pay for it with his life. He was wondering what he was going to do, and many ridiculous ideas ran through his head.

'Do I attack them?', he contemplated within himself. On a second thought, he knew he didn't stand a chance against the five men. Besides, he didn't know what their orders were, whether to bring him alive or not. One bullet from any of the men in the forehead could easily end his life. Judging from his proximity with that of the men, he concluded that there was nothing else he could do. He just had to surrender.

Damien knelt down and gently dropped his gun at his side, then he raised up his hand, looking around at the flashes of light around him.

The leader gave a command and two of his men marched forward. One of them was pointing his gun at Damien while the other went behind him to drag him up.

Damien watched the man pointing the gun at him and wondered if the man would really shoot if he made any move.

He was still watching when he heard a slight hiss directly above him and the man who was pointing a gun at him slumped to the ground. A split second later, he heard another hiss and the man who was behind him was already on the ground too.

Everything happened so fast. Within seconds, Damien swiftly picked up his gun and ran towards the nearest tree, ducking behind it.

Rapid exchange of gun fire had already begun and the men didn't notice when he ran because they were concentrated on shooting at the invisible target.

Damien cocked his gun and took a shot. This time around, it fired. He began taking carefully aimed shots at the men. The men had already taken defensive positions and one of them had already targeted Damien, firing shots at his position, then it stopped. He wondered who had come to his rescue, but he had a fair idea.

About a minute later, it was all over as quickly as it started. The men had stopped firing. It was either they were dead or injured or they had run out of bullets. Damien hoped it was the earlier.

Damien was still crouched behind the tree when Mustapha crept towards the men he was shooting at. Two of the men were dead while the leader lay on the ground mortally wounded. Mustapha stood above him and the leader raised his eyes and looked up at him.

'Yo-oo-u', he tried to voice out. He tried raising his gun, but Mustapha kicked it off. 'Go fu*ck your seventy virgins', Mustapha said as he pointed his gun at him and burst his brains. He kicked the others and confirmed they were dead. No stories.

'You can come out now dunce', Mustapha called out as he turned towards the tree where Damien hid. Damien was already out and was watching him.

'Don't call me that', Damien retorted as he walked towards him. 'That's exactly what you are you fool!', Mustapha screamed back at him. 'You plan on getting yourself killed? 'Cos I can freaking do that for you, right here, right now!', he screamed at him again, pushing the silencer of his rifle against his chest.

'I had the situation under control', Damien said, 'I had a plan.' 'You wished you did!', Mustapha quipped. 'And what exactly was your plan', he asked him. 'That's not important now', Damien replied. 'Thanks for helping me out', he added.

'Don't just get me killed', Mustapha said. 'Where you able to make the call?', he asked Damien. Damien nodded. 'And?', he asked him again. 'They said they have our present location, they would be moving in tomorrow and we should maintain our present position, and... I guess that's all', Damien replied.

'Ok... But we obviously can't stay here. The others must have heard the sound of the gun shots and would be on their way here as we speak', Mustapha said, looking around.

'Are you not going back to the camp?', Damien asked him. 'And leave you out here alone?', Mustapha asked him. 'I told you earlier that you wouldn't last up to six hours, but I was wrong. You wouldn't even last up to an hour', Mustapha said.

Damien smiled slyly. 'You are right', he thought, 'I guess I've lost my touch.'

'Gather the mags of the guns', Mustapha said to Damien as he moved the bodies of the men beneath the scrubs around.

'What about Funmi? The lady...', Damien asked as he clicked off the third magazine from the gun. 'She's safe there for now. They wouldn't harm her... yet', Mustapha replied. 'You still have the map, right?', Mustapha asked him. 'Yeah', Damien replied.

Mustapha was moving the last body when he sensed something around, and he dropped the body. 'Let's move', he called out to Damien and they slid deeper into the forest.

T.B.C

P.S: Thanks guys for your feedback. As usual your 'likes', 'shares' and 'comments' are very much appreciated...

**Modified**

Quick question: How long have they (Damien and Funmi) spent in captivity, counting from when they were initially kidnapped??

First correct answer gets something... cheesy

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Accidental Victim by guntranno(f): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
Back on the matter...

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (43) (Reply)

Oga Landlord 21+ / Nigerian Politics: How To Publish A Book On Nigerian Politics / Choices: Another Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.