Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,673 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:50 PM

Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating (1091 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is A Big, Fat, Ugly, Greedy & Disgusting Pig" / PMB’s Delay In Naming Key Appointments Is Irritating, Frustrating, Unacceptable / Senator Dino Melaye Stupendous Display Of Wealth Is Irritating (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by NoMoreTrolling: 10:48am On Jun 15, 2015
I don't get how black people can hate each other, when some whites already hate you, talk about a double whammy! Damn!

I get some sections call for independence, but that shouldn't translate to this white hot hate we have for each other.

The world is advancing, but all we are concerned with in Nigeria is Igbo this, Yoruba that...

When Martin Luther made his "I have a dream speech", I wonder if he ever envisioned this much division amongst even the black race.

Some say the black race is cursed and each and every day, Nigerians help to prove that theory to be a fact.

I weep for Nigeria and the black race in general, cause we aren't going anywhere anytime soon, thanks to you tribalists that love to hate more than you love to love.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by agarawu23(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2015
only "mumu's" we hate other tribes.
Once you are good to me, I am good to you no matter your tribe smiley

Some will preach about 'love' , but they don't love their neighbors including their dogs.

one love Nigeria
We are one smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by Mogidi: 10:56am On Jun 15, 2015
My tribalism only exist on Nairaland, outside here am kool with Yoruba and Hausas.

I never used to hate the Yorubas until I joined Nairaland and quickly noticed their tribalism and hate for other tribes.
Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by NoMoreTrolling: 11:09am On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:
My tribalism only exist on Nairaland, outside here am kool with Yoruba and Hausas.

I never used to hate the Yorubas until I joined Nairaland and quickly noticed their tribalism and hate for other tribes.

It seems to be spilling beyond the net though.

I'm from Delta state, but I will never respond to anyone that disses my tribe, never.

I think it's best to let the hate comments die, rather than fuel them with a response.

I think instigators always wish, hope and pray for a response to ignite the hatred.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by Mogidi: 11:18am On Jun 15, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

I'm from Delta state, but I will never respond to anyone that disses my tribe, never.

I think it's best to let the hate comments die, rather than fuel them with a response.

I think instigators always wish, hope and pray for a response to ignite the hatred.

I never responded at the beginning, I'd just shake my head and exit the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by omenka(m): 11:30am On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:

You want people to believe yours exist only on nairaland and yet you say you notice Yoruba people's hate for other tribes (I bet you weren't referring to it existing "only on nairaland"wink. Hmmm. How convenient.

And you don't only hate other tribes, you hate other religion as well mr.

@op: don't even bother, there are countless number of people on this forum who can only post comments when a thread involves bashing one tribe or religion, without these two elements, they quickly fade into nothingness.

You can't imagine the number of comments I've posted against this, the number of times I've reported posts laced with ethnic and religious bile to the mods and have them taken down, or the numerous threads I've created to advocate against this- but hell, these guys see no good in so doing, they thrive on these sentiments and would do anything to keep them alive!

It appears we've reached a point were we have to accept nothing can be done about it.

Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by Mogidi: 11:41am On Jun 15, 2015
omenka:
You want people to believe yours exist only on nairaland and yet you say you notice Yoruba people's hate for other tribes (I bet you weren't referring to it existing "only on nairaland"wink. Hmmm. How convenient.

And you don't only hate other tribes, you hate other religion as well mr.

All the girls them dey dance galala
But this new dance don cause casala
For this dance you no need shakara
Oya whine your hips like a this
Like a that
Like a this
Like a that
To your right
To the front
And your yansh to the back
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu…ske le le le le
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu…ske le le le le

Tell your people not to start a war they can't finish.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by omenka(m): 11:42am On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:

All the girls them dey dance galala
But this new dance don cause casala
For this dance you no need shakara
Oya whine your hips like a this
Like a that
Like a this
Like a that
To your right
To the front
And your yansh to the back
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu…ske le le le le
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu
Skelewu…ske le le le le

Tell your people not to start a war they can't finish.
Chai!!! See "sense"!! cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by After1one: 11:43am On Jun 15, 2015
[s]
Mogidi:

[/s]

Ogidi the dunce, Blame game as usual. Yoruba hate people but have attack anyone on there land before, fools like you are hypocrite and wicked liars.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by PointB: 11:49am On Jun 15, 2015
I just want a country I can die for, surely Nigeria is not such country. I love the the people of Nigeria, but Nigeria has failed our generation, we owe a better country to those who come after us. That country is not nigeria. Biafra for me perhaps!

Now that's my choice, those who don't like my choice are free to make theirs! Only the most insecure will ascribe their tribalism to my choice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by atlwireles: 11:52am On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:

But the same people you meet outside NL are the ones commenting here. They say things, they cannot never say to your face. My online experience has become a guiding light, I just stay away from certain people, both business and personal.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by Mogidi: 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:

But the same people you meet outside NL are the ones commenting here. They say things, they cannot never say to your face. My online experience has become a guiding light, I just stay away from certain people, both business and personal.

I think the anonymity which this forum provides, gives people undue bravery which they otherwise lack in real life.
I think we shouldn't use the braggadocio exhibited by kids on Nairaland to judge an entire tribe. These lowlifes maybe having difficulty in their real lives, coming online to vent their anger could be the only healing process they know.
Just my thought though, bros how was your weekend?
Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by chiefinalowo: 12:03pm On Jun 15, 2015
I think tribalism is healthy.
Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by atlwireles: 12:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:

I think the anonymity which this forum provides, gives people undue bravery which they otherwise lack in real life.
I think we shouldn't use the braggadocio exhibited by kids on Nairaland to judge an entire tribe. These lowlifes maybe having difficulty in their real lives, coming online to vent their anger could be the only healing process they know.
Just my thought though, bros how was your weekend?

Weekend was great. NL and other online forums opened my eyes to a Nigeria I never knew, as much as I take things with a grain of salt, I cannot discount the level of hate from certain people. I will be misleading you, if I said these online forums have not changed my life.
Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by Realisticman: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
agarawu23:
only "mumu's" we hate other tribes.
Once you are good to me, I am good to you no matter your tribe smiley

Some will preach about 'love' , but they don't love their neighbors including their dogs.

one love Nigeria
We are one smiley smiley smiley
Is not so sir. I understand that it is not good to hate. What if someone whom you have shown absolute love turns out to hate you out of nothing but the tribe you come from? Will you still act vulnerable for him to attack you?

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by Mogidi: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
atlwireles:

Weekend was great. NL and other online forums opened my eyes to a Nigeria I never knew, as much as I take things with a grain of salt, I cannot discount the level of hate from certain people. I will be misleading you, if I said these online forums have not changed my life.

I would be lying if I said it didn't alter mine also, but like I said, these unemployed kids would abuse anyone to feel good themselves.
Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by atlwireles: 12:29pm On Jun 15, 2015
Mogidi:

I would be lying if I said it didn't alter mine also, but like I said, these unemployed kids would abuse anyone to feel good themselves.

Maybe they are kids, time will tell.
Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:44pm On Jun 15, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

Delta State is not a tribe.

1 Like

Re: Tribalism Is Disgusting, Beyond Irritating by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
I don't get how black people can hate each other, when some whites already hate you, talk about a double whammy! Damn!

I get some sections call for independence, but that shouldn't translate to this white hot hate we have for each other.

The world is advancing, but all we are concerned with in Nigeria is Igbo this, Yoruba that...

When Martin Luther made his "I have a dream speech", I wonder if he ever envisioned this much division amongst even the black race.

Some say the black race is cursed and each and every day, Nigerians help to prove that theory to be a fact.

I weep for Nigeria and the black race in general, cause we aren't going anywhere anytime soon, thanks to you tribalists that love to hate more than you love to love.

Oh, somebody is looking for love.
Crying because no one loves you. Whites don't love you. Blacks don't love you. Bohohohoho.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Former President Goodluck Counting His Gain. / Bad Death Dream On Buhari And 4 Others / Rivers Lg:industrial Court Ruling Cannot Overrule High Court Judgement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.