Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Bank Teller Job With Diamond - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Teller Job With Diamond (9932 Views)

Bank Teller / Bank Teller / How To Get A Bank Teller Job In Any Nigerian Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Habisoye: 12:17pm On Jun 15, 2015
I just got a job offer thru workforce as a bank teller and the pay is 55k, thou I used OND.
Pls does the offer worth going for? Bcox I have my HND already, but they gave me the offer base on my OND wich av used to apply since last year @workforce.
Is 55k too small for a graduate like me?
And if not, does banking job worth settling down for? Bcox I av heard alot of bankers complaining about their job as a contract staff.
And isit true that bank tellers do run into loss either by overpaying customers or some customer use jazz to wipe away money in their cubicle and which d debts av to be on dia neck.

Pls house kindly advice as the resumption date stipulated in the offer is Thursday

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Hiploko(m): 12:30pm On Jun 15, 2015
Not a bad start and it is better than nothing. Yes!!! There are job risks but people are still doing it. 55k for a start and you have a chance to get promoted and earn more. You are going in as a TSR. Remember, plenty people would jump @ this offer.

1 Like

Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by jenyolayemi(f): 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2015
U didn't share d link b4 getn d job,now u don get am!ure nw askn questions!anyways it is ur choice,if it is lag,nt advisable!oda state can stil be considered,

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Yemz213(m): 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2015
I think you should go for it,moreover the choices is yours .best of luck
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Habisoye: 12:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
@hiploko, pls watz TSR?
And do u tink I will be able to get chance to attend intaviews cox me I can't just leave my HND lyk dat nah..
@least banks pay contract staff HND 80k.
Abi wat do u feel?
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Hiploko(m): 1:42pm On Jun 15, 2015
Habisoye:
@hiploko, pls watz TSR?
And do u tink I will be able to get chance to attend intaviews cox me I can't just leave my HND lyk dat nah..
Abi wat do u feel?
Teller Service Representatives. As per chance for interviews, It depends on your relationship with ur CTSS & CSM. I tink some TSRs earn up to 80k depending on ur grade,years of experience and outsourcing company..there is workforce and C&I leasing
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Gydion(m): 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2015
Take it bro, if me wey hold bsc dey receive 40k for one organisation den it is very good for u using ond to earn such and u present ur hnd latter to dem.

You got a job bro, congrats.

1 Like

Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Keziehenry(m): 4:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
Alert us when another opportunity arises pls
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2015
Habisoye:
I just got a job offer thru workforce as a bank teller and the pay is 55k, thou I used OND.
Pls does the offer worth going for? Bcox I have my HND already, but they gave me the offer base on my OND wich av used to apply since last year @workforce.
Is 55k too small for a graduate like me?
And if not, does banking job worth settling down for? Bcox I av heard alot of bankers complaining about their job as a contract staff.
And isit true that bank tellers do run into loss either by overpaying customers or some customer use jazz to wipe away money in their cubicle and which d debts av to be on dia neck.

Pls house kindly advice as the resumption date stipulated in the offer is Thursday
like seriously you are even asking the question if u are to take it up or not, I laugh you bros. U talk like a young sch graduate, who jst left sch like 2 to 3 yrs back. By the time u start counting 6 yrs post graduation. u will pick a job of 55k monthly even if na ur primary six certificate dem need. Bros my best advise is to go for it oh.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by chyna4luv: 6:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
Habisoye:
@hiploko, pls watz TSR?
Abi wat do u feel?

Congratulations!!!

My advise to you is to take the offer BUT Put the below disadvantages into consideration:

1.Extra care has to be in consideration while discharging your duties as a Teller because there will be serious pressure which might cause you to overpay clients or even make mistakes. You will pay severely for any loss.

2.You would not have time to jobhunt and attend other lucrative interviews again.

3. No career progression.

4. You would be given higher responsibility and be slave to full staff because you are a contract staff while the full staffs will be there doing nothing.

5. Most cases, you would be required to go office on Saturday because you did not finish your work on Friday.

Goodluck.

4 Likes

Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Habisoye: 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
@chyna4luv, u scared me oo..
But with all diz disadvantages u av jus analysed u still wish me gudluck u wicked oo lollz..
But sincerely, d issue of running into debts(shortage) in banks as a teller is wat scares most pple away and alot of pple had even left dia banking job bcox of diz!
I have an Inlaw @abj dat works with mainstreet he jus ran into debts of 90k wich he had be paying frm his salary evry month and sometimes dey even Don't allow dem to pay frm dia salary but once widaot excuse..
Pls House, with all diz disadvantages enumerated, do u still advice me to accept d offer and resume on Thursday?
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
Who are you undecided you just said everything i told my friends when i resigned from a call center job
chyna4luv:

Congratulations!!!

My advise to you is to take the offer BUT Put the below disadvantages into consideration:

1.Extra care has to be in consideration while discharging your duties as a Teller because there will be serious pressure which might cause you to overpay clients or even make mistakes. You will pay severely for any loss.

2.You would not have time to jobhunt and attend other lucrative interviews again.

3. No career progression.

4. You would be given higher responsibility and be slave to full staff because you are a contract staff while the full staffs will be there doing nothing.

5. Most cases, you would be required to go office on Saturday because you did not finish your work on Friday.

Goodluck.
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by chyna4luv: 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2015
geobukky:
Who are you undecided you just said everything i told my friends when i resigned from a call center job

I am also facing samething now, but the only advantage I have is, I can attend subsequent job interviews.
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2015
jenyolayemi:
U didn't share d link b4 getn d job,now u don get am!ure nw askn questions!anyways it is ur choice,if it is lag,nt advisable!oda state can stil be considered,
as you fine so u no like am abiI bet say na your big lips make you dey jobless...
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Keziehenry(m): 10:21pm On Jun 15, 2015
Op its like u don't want to work. There is no type of job that doesn't have its cons but many people are still there. You got a job before in a micro finance bank and u came here criticising the job and here you are again doing the same. I will rush this job of yours without seeking anybody's opinion if i see it. Maybe you have someone paying your bills. Atimes the desirable may not be available at that time, we are always forced to make do with d available one.
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 15, 2015
Keziehenry:
Op its like u don't want to work. There is no type of job that doesn't have its cons but many people are still there. You got a job before in a micro finance bank and u came here criticising the job and here you are again doing the same. I will rush this job of yours without seeking anybody's opinion if i see it. Maybe you have someone paying your bills.
tanks Bro , @ the op he still have somebody paying his bills, or he don't jst want to work
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by honestpoju: 11:40pm On Jun 15, 2015
Guy do the job. whether you use Hnd or ond. workforce will pay you that amount
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Habisoye: 9:40am On Jun 16, 2015
@honestpoju, pls wat do u mean by "workforce will pay me d same amount"? Is it d 55K or 80k u were reffering to?
Bur av never heard of where banks pay OND contract staff 80k bfor oo.
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by wordcat(m): 12:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Habisoye:
it true that bank tellers do run into loss by,,,,,,,,,,,,or some customer use jazz to wipe away money in their cubicle and which d debts av to be on dia neck.

Return your certificate to the institution that awarded it to you for believing that c0ck and bull story.

1 Like

Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by JI4D(m): 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2015
Dear Friends,

Please find below an Internship Job description for an Administrative Assistant position for an organization in Lagos. We'll need interested candidates to contact us as soon as possible as the vacancy is an urgent one. If you are interested, please send an email to ruth@ji4d.org with you name, city and the position as the subject.

Internship Job Description:
- Research and post opportunities – jobs, scholarships, internship, training, admissions, etc. and update other information on organization’s career portal.

- Update at least 5 relevant and timely posts daily on opportunities – zero errors in grammar, spelling and formatting.

- Make sure there is no out-dated information on the portal with respect to opportunities

- Schedule and create at least 5 updates weekly for 2 content types on the portal besides employers, training providers and professional bodies to be profiled in the newsletter.

- Plan and schedule articles and materials for organization’s bi-monthly newsletter.

- Create and maintain a 3 month rolling plan for the newsletters.

- Identify and confirm articles and materials for 2 successive newsletters at all times.

- Ensure appropriate and credible content under employers, training providers and professional bodies profiled in the newsletter – a minimum of 10 in each area.

- Create and publish organization’s newsletters on Mailchimp or designated newsletter platform.

- Zero errors in final published material – grammar, spelling, formatting, links etc.

- Final draft of the newsletter should be ready by Friday 4pm preceding the Monday of publication.

- Newsletters should be published no later than 2pm on the Monday of publication.

- Compile, update and grow email lists for organization’s email campaigns and newsletters.

- Make sure there is less than 1% bounce rate on Mailchimp.

- All new organization’s contacts to be added to the mailing list within 1 week.

- Obtain and add 100 new emails per week from school year books and events attended.

If you are interested, please send an email to ruth@ji4d.org with you name, city and the position as the subject.

Thanks,

JID Team.
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by ted2marv: 1:23am On Jun 17, 2015
@haisoye. How were you contacted, was it by telephone.
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by JI4D(m): 12:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dear Friends,

Please find below an Internship Job description for an IT Officer position for organizations in Abuja and Lagos. We'll need interested candidates to contact us as soon as possible as the vacancy is an urgent one. If you are interested, please send an email to ruth@ji4d.org with you name, city and the position as the subject.

Internship Job Description:

Availability: 6 months with opportunity to be retained after internship period

- BSc or equivalent degree in any of the STEM subjects
- Certification in database management/administration, preferably Oracle and a proven competence of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Proven competence of Unified Markup Language (UML)
- Proven competence in Object Role Modeling (ORM)
- Proven competence in Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Proven competence in HTML/CSS and the development of forms
- Proven competence in front end/back end integration (using PhP, asp or other Microsoft based languages, jsp or other java based languages)

If you are interested, please send an email to ruth@ji4d.org urgently with your name, city and the position as the subject.

Thanks,

JID Team.
Re: Bank Teller Job With Diamond by Relixy2k: 1:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
jenyolayemi:
Even in Lagos, 55k is a fair salary for a starter especially as you use your OND in the first place.Prsent your HND with time and the money will increase with your experience on the job. Where is the job out there? You lobby to even get a 55k job or pass through series of test and interview these days. There are thousands of BSC holders who earn below 55k and who still survive fairly well and who will gladly jump at this 55k job even in the heart of Lagos. You better think twice and take the offer for now.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Save The Children Nigeria Job Recruitment (16 Positions) / Nnpc Aptitude Test Info. / Workforce Management

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.