Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? (916 Views)

COZA Church Gifts Widows Materials (Photos) / Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 9:33am On Feb 23, 2009
Here were i stay in kaduna, some tenants in a house and later the husband of one of the tenants died,and 3 kids were left with this yam seller of a wife to take care of.After a year one of the tenants became a pastor and later bought over the said house were they are living. He now discovered that his wife must do a trade and he now gave that widow quit noitice to leave the house because he wants to use her apartment for his wife business,this woman is using a shop and a room. this said pastor has even dragged her to d police station just for the poor widow and her kids to leave,and their are still other rooms in this compound,but he wants her to quit her apartment. I now start wondering what Jesus Christ preached about WIDOWS,if a man of God can do this,what do you expect from a non believer.As i am sending this message the pastor is still draging the poor widow around. So are pastor soppose to follow what the Bible says? And What did the Bible says about WIDOWS??
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by eghosaobas: 10:52am On Feb 23, 2009
maybe he wants to Bleep the woman and she nor gree,wats next its quit notice with her bad luck TxTx.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by KunleOshob(m): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2009
You didn'tmention were the pastor got the money to buy the house in the first place. Since he bought the house after he became a pastor , probability is that he used the church's money to buy himself the house( which is the norm in pentecostal churches). It is really a shame cause christian giving and offerings was origianlly meant to take take of the poor and needyActs 4:32-35 (especially widows). This was before the offerings was hijacked by the clergy under the pretext that it was meant to run the church. Even though a lot of churches still practise charity i am yet to come across a church were charitable acts is the main use of the offerings they collect, they merely pay lip service to it. In summary the so called pastor is obviously not a true christian and does not have the fear of God in him neither does he follow christ else he would never have even contemplated harrasing the widow. Pastors like him are very common in Nigeria today especislly amongst the pentecostals.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 5:40pm On Feb 23, 2009
the pastor said he prayed for someone in Portharcourt and th prayer worked and he then now sow a seed into his life which he now bought the house with.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 5:42pm On Feb 23, 2009
the pastor said he prayed for someone in Portharcourt and th prayer worked and he then now sow a seed into his life which he now bought the house with.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 8:05pm On Mar 02, 2009
so you can see what i mean
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by KunleOshob(m): 10:03am On Mar 03, 2009
It is actually these demonic pastors that are dragging the name of christianity in the mud and pushing some people to atheism.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2009
exactly.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by GoodMuyis(m): 12:58pm On Mar 03, 2009
II Corinthians 11:14

13:For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14: And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15: Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by GoodMuyis(m): 1:01pm On Mar 03, 2009
II Corinthians 11:13-15

-14: For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

-14 : And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

-15:  Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end       shall be according to their works.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by marvisjoy: 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
correct
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by KunleOshob(m): 2:49pm On Mar 05, 2009
@segyemaro
I came across this cripture i think it addresses your post very well.

Luke 20:46-47:
46 “Beware of these teachers of religious law! For they like to parade around in flowing robes and love to receive respectful greetings as they walk in the marketplaces. And how they love the seats of honor in the synagogues and the head table at banquets. 47 Yet they shamelessly cheat widows out of their property and then pretend to be pious by making long prayers in public. Because of this, they will be severely punished.”
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 8:20pm On Mar 09, 2009
thanks kunle,i can always count on you.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by arowolo888: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2009
yes ,thats what the bible says
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 9:09pm On Mar 14, 2009
hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by tpia: 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2009
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by segyemaro(m): 9:35pm On Mar 14, 2009
i offered the assistance i could and i travelled but when i came back from my trip i was told that this so call pastor brought in a police and arrested this woman,as we are speaking the woman has vaccated one of the rooms cos she was occupying two rooms,she is now stuck in one room in the same house with her 3 kids,because the so call pastor/landlord gave out one of her rooms while she was still occupying the place,so can see the height of wickedness to a helpless widow.
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by marvisjoy: 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2009
thats a big question
Re: Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? by realpastor: 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2009
pastors are soppose to be good to widows and also the poor.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Deny A Congregation The Right To Worship In Their Mother Tongue? / Christians Let Us Ponder This For Once : What If Heaven Does Not Exist? / Spiritual And Not Religious?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.